Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Your Stone Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:43 am
Xaolu
Quick question, Tektite looks an awful lot like lava rock or that floaty pumice stuff. how do you tell the difference? Isthere a difference in density or texture? Cause I know how the freshly cooled lava rock feels so I was wondering.

Tektites are heavier. They're not porous, like lava stone is. They tend to be largely metallic, but may also have some glassy texture on them, around their edges.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:23 pm
snow obsidian  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

TigerEye1996

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:28 pm
I made myself a pendulum out of Red Tiger's Eye (which I am told is sometimes called Dragon's Eye) and I am very compatible energy wise with that. I also feel a good connection with the bits of Amethyst and Bloodstone I have.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 pm
oOGarrettOo
I do enjoy its cousin, Tiger Iron, which has bands of jasper and hematite in it.

Evil evil stuff...*shudder* Tiger iron is like getting hit by a Mack truck for me. It's like a "super" grounding stone for me. And I love hematite.

Hrmm...I have issues with metals most of the time. I can't do aluminum, steel, or iron. It actually makes my hands ache to hold it. I'm thinking that's why I can't do hematite, it being an iron ore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do very much enjoy labradorite, it's just so pretty to look at.

Rose quartz is alright. It's a nice cool stone, and I like the energies surrounding it.

I found this clear quartz bracelet that I uberly want. It's made of all double-terminated quartz....I feel that some of the points are man-made, but it's still shiny.

Or the gigantic piece of clear quartz that I found at a local metaphysical shop.  

Chrono-Trigger-2012

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 am
Chrono-Trigger-2012
oOGarrettOo
I do enjoy its cousin, Tiger Iron, which has bands of jasper and hematite in it.

Evil evil stuff...*shudder* Tiger iron is like getting hit by a Mack truck for me. It's like a "super" grounding stone for me. And I love hematite.

Hrmm...I have issues with metals most of the time. I can't do aluminum, steel, or iron. It actually makes my hands ache to hold it. I'm thinking that's why I can't do hematite, it being an iron ore.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do very much enjoy labradorite, it's just so pretty to look at.

Rose quartz is alright. It's a nice cool stone, and I like the energies surrounding it.

I found this clear quartz bracelet that I uberly want. It's made of all double-terminated quartz....I feel that some of the points are man-made, but it's still shiny.

Or the gigantic piece of clear quartz that I found at a local metaphysical shop.

I've seen a really beautiful piece of Untouched or carved aquamarine. It's like a strip of it and it's a really nice blue. I asked the owner of the crystal shop to keep it under for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:57 pm
snow obsidian
didn't mean to post twice opps....  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

Chrono-Trigger-2012

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 am
Morgandria
Xaolu
Quick question, Tektite looks an awful lot like lava rock or that floaty pumice stuff. how do you tell the difference? Isthere a difference in density or texture? Cause I know how the freshly cooled lava rock feels so I was wondering.

Tektites are heavier. They're not porous, like lava stone is. They tend to be largely metallic, but may also have some glassy texture on them, around their edges.

Aren't most tektites meteoric stones? Or am I thinking of something else?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 am
Esiris
I tend more towards shells than stones.

Same! I have an Abalone shell I JUST adore so much! And two pieces of Abalone which sit on my main altar and my sea altar biggrin  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:41 am
unseen shadow moon
i found one about 7 years ago while on a school trip though i'm not sure what type it is ,as when you put it in water it becomes transucent enough to see colours through it and when dry it sparkles slightly under the right light. i searched along the beach for another but i was the only one my friends and i could find, i was drawn to it and have kept it since. ^.^

Is it a blue-ish sea water green? It sounds like Aquamarine to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:21 pm
Oh no, its colorless, it looks kind of white when dry but when wet the white spots dissapear its left without any color ^^  

unseen shadow moon

Beloved Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:40 pm
I'm drawn to aquamarine and rose quartz. I don't know what they mean though. I can't explain why. When I have the rose quartz with me, I feel calm and untroubled and when I've got the aquamarine with me, I'm just happy and hopeful. Sometimes I would carry both with me, but I lost the aquamarine one since it was on a ring (it just decided to fall out one day that I was wearing the ring) but I still have the band that it was on. I found the rose quartz when I went to the mountains and played in the dirt.

Can anyone explain why I seem to be connected to these two stones?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:27 am
KathrinGreenwood
I'm drawn to aquamarine and rose quartz. I don't know what they mean though. I can't explain why. When I have the rose quartz with me, I feel calm and untroubled and when I've got the aquamarine with me, I'm just happy and hopeful. Sometimes I would carry both with me, but I lost the aquamarine one since it was on a ring (it just decided to fall out one day that I was wearing the ring) but I still have the band that it was on. I found the rose quartz when I went to the mountains and played in the dirt.

Well, certain crystals sing to us when we need them. Look up the properties of both stones and their magical uses as well. See which one resonates with you, then it will make sense.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

KathrinGreenwood

3,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 am
Azareas Aquarinus
KathrinGreenwood

Well, certain crystals sing to us when we need them. Look up the properties of both stones and their magical uses as well. See which one resonates with you, then it will make sense.

I will. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:54 am
KathrinGreenwood
Azareas Aquarinus
KathrinGreenwood

I will. Thanks.

You're welcome smile  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:24 am
I suppose if there's one stone I'm drawn to, it's amethyst. Conveniently, it's also a stone I have lots of. biggrin I used to live in a city that has an amethyst mine, and one summer my family decided to do the tourist thing, so amongst other things, we took a tour of the mine. And one of the things you could do while you were there is pick up your own amethyst. I've never thought to use it in magical workings, before, and I'm pretty sure part of my attraction to amethyst is just because it's purple, and purple is one of my favourite colours.

I do want to start collecting some stones for magical work, but I haven't really sat down and figured out which ones I want. Except I do want to get some lodestone, when next I get the opportunity.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games