Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
New Zodiac? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:20 pm
This is just me but the new zodiac alignment is just hogwash to me. I've been and always will, go by the one created by the Babylonians.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 am
Esiris
Aakosir
Yea, but that's not Western. That has some funky name and isn't well known. I wish I could find it again. It's completely different than Eastern and Western.

If it's not Eastern or Western- where did it come from?

I found it! Sidereal astrology. Though this page doesn't have much information on it at all... And aparantly it's Eastern according to this article, but it's Western according to everything I just found on google O.o I'm gonna have to do some more research for this

Link

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:32 am
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
This is just me but the new zodiac alignment is just hogwash to me. I've been and always will, go by the one created by the Babylonians.

What do you mean "new"?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:55 am
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir
Yea, but that's not Western. That has some funky name and isn't well known. I wish I could find it again. It's completely different than Eastern and Western.

I found it! Sidereal astrology. Though this page doesn't have much information on it at all... And aparantly it's Eastern according to this article, but it's Western according to everything I just found on google O.o I'm gonna have to do some more research for this

Link
I think Morg has mentioned that several times now.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:14 pm
Esiris
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

Link
I think Morg has mentioned that several times now.

It's been a while since I've read through the entire thread, so sorry. But I finally found it what I was getting so flustered about.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm
Aakosir
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

What do you mean "new"?

About a month or so ago, they were talking about the zodiac change and how it will cause an identity crisis cause of the other signs getting moved to different dates so they can add the 13th one.  

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 pm
Aakosir

It's been a while since I've read through the entire thread, so sorry. But I finally found it what I was getting so flustered about.
Do you know where it comes from if it's not considered eastern or western?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:07 am
Little Fuzzy Bunneh
Aakosir
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

What do you mean "new"?

About a month or so ago, they were talking about the zodiac change and how it will cause an identity crisis cause of the other signs getting moved to different dates so they can add the 13th one.

Yea. They seem to be just messing it up and confusing everyone.  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 am
Esiris
Aakosir

I don't know. I haven't been able to find any good information on it yet. Everything I've found seems to contradict everything else...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:40 am
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

I don't know. I haven't been able to find any good information on it yet. Everything I've found seems to contradict everything else...

How is it contradicting stuff?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:51 pm
Esiris
Aakosir
Esiris
Aakosir

How is it contradicting stuff?

I found one that says it originated in ancient Egypt. Then there are a few saying it is Eastern. One says it's a combination of Egyptian, Babylonian and Greco-Roman thinking during Alexander the Great.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 pm
There isn't a single unified sidereal astrological system. The Hindus have been using sidereal astrology for thousands of years. There's some evidence that some Greeks did as well. There have also been modern systems of western sidereal astrology developed in the 20th century.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:44 pm
Morgandria
There isn't a single unified sidereal astrological system. The Hindus have been using sidereal astrology for thousands of years. There's some evidence that some Greeks did as well. There have also been modern systems of western sidereal astrology developed in the 20th century.

Well that helps. What I have been finding has been confusing. I found that it is the stationary signs, but nothing said who first discovered it or anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:24 pm
They should leave the zodiac alone its perfect just the way it is.stead they are screwing it up by adding a 13 sign the last time i checked it was a spider not this O whatever its name is  

Rain1084

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:29 pm
ArionFrost
They should leave the zodiac alone its perfect just the way it is.stead they are screwing it up by adding a 13 sign the last time i checked it was a spider not this O whatever its name is

I think it's kind of rude to snub all of the central Asian and northern African astrology systems- the sign has been there for thousands of years. 3nodding  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games