Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Online Magazine

Back to Guilds

Gaias biggest fan made Magazine 

Tags: gaia, online, magazine, community, publication 

Reply Gaia Online Magazine
Questions, Assistance and Feedback. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Duchess Porphyria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:21 pm
slothiiiey
Duchess Porphyria
Hello there.
I am interested in discussing a potential ad campaign/spread but I don't know who to contact. Could you point me in that general direction? Thanks!

Send a PM to Admiral or Nymph....or at least thats what i would do >w<

thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:48 am
CloudstarVII
Question:

Hi, I'm the Captain of The R.C.P.F.C. Club Guild and a member of this guild. Back when theMeji was the Captain, he and I talked and it was confirm then that we were Guild Affliates. Since he's not the Captain anymore and our guilds really having ever talked or done anything or we still Guild Affliates? I think he mentioned we could post our guild info somewhere by we never got around to it since we were relatively new. I'm asking this because The R.C.P.F.C. Club Guild is updating it's rules, forums, and etc. We would still like to be affiliates of course.

Um... Nobody ever got back to me. Help?  

TheCrazyAsian08

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 pm
CloudstarVII
CloudstarVII
Question:

Hi, I'm the Captain of The R.C.P.F.C. Club Guild and a member of this guild. Back when theMeji was the Captain, he and I talked and it was confirm then that we were Guild Affliates. Since he's not the Captain anymore and our guilds really having ever talked or done anything or we still Guild Affliates? I think he mentioned we could post our guild info somewhere by we never got around to it since we were relatively new. I'm asking this because The R.C.P.F.C. Club Guild is updating it's rules, forums, and etc. We would still like to be affiliates of course.

I'm sorry. I'll speak with Admiral about it and see what we can do. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:31 pm
Nymph of Spring
CloudstarVII
CloudstarVII
Question:

I'm sorry. I'll speak with Admiral about it and see what we can do. 3nodding

Thank you crying (tears of joy)
I await you're response.

TheCrazyAsian08

A Mosaic Masterpiece

7,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
I would really love to spread the world of this guild, but it seems that your guild banners are hiding away from me. Can you give me the link to the banners?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm
A Mosaic Masterpiece
User ImageUser Image
I would really love to spread the world of this guild, but it seems that your guild banners are hiding away from me. Can you give me the link to the banners?

Sure! Here's a link that has all our banners and such~
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20925017  

slothiiiey
Vice Captain

Friendly Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

GOM Jimmy the Newsie
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:06 am
Word around the break room is that we're always looking for new banners, especially fan-made content! Just send it to me, and I'll see that it gets to our Graphics Department.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:40 pm
Hello there,

I would like to contribute to the FAQs by addressing my own concerns, perhaps others may have in the future. o: you may at any time, update it to the first post.

My first question relates to the program used for G.O.M. :0
Besides Microsoft Word (.doc), what is another program you use/recommend? Is there a specific program/software you use to put together the layout and images on the pages? (I'm still trying to understand the process, so that I may be of some help in the future)

As for efficiency, I read on someone's post earlier, if there is anything I can do to aid in speeding up the process...let me know what I can do. Although I am already looking around and seeing what is being asked for. (banners, a need for a crew of graphic designers?, fan art, etc)

*I would help with the art making, but I dont feel confident enough in my digital art skills to do so :/ possible fan-art?

I will, however, continue to do my part in spreading the word about G.O.M. smile

~Black Petals~

Shinigami-ANBU
Crew

Friendly Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:03 am
~Black Petals~
Hello there,

I would like to contribute to the FAQs by addressing my own concerns, perhaps others may have in the future. o: you may at any time, update it to the first post.

My first question relates to the program used for G.O.M. :0
Besides Microsoft Word (.doc), what is another program you use/recommend? Is there a specific program/software you use to put together the layout and images on the pages? (I'm still trying to understand the process, so that I may be of some help in the future)

As for efficiency, I read on someone's post earlier, if there is anything I can do to aid in speeding up the process...let me know what I can do. Although I am already looking around and seeing what is being asked for. (banners, a need for a crew of graphic designers?, fan art, etc)

*I would help with the art making, but I dont feel confident enough in my digital art skills to do so :/ possible fan-art?

I will, however, continue to do my part in spreading the word about G.O.M. smile

InDesign is a program that's amazing for these sort of things, of course there is the microsoft version called publisher which is a drunk version of InDesign, photoshop is good too but would probably take longer

that's all i can really answer, i don't know what the programs are that's used, someone else should take over answering now >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:47 pm
Shinigami-ANBU
InDesign is a program that's amazing for these sort of things, of course there is the microsoft version called publisher which is a drunk version of InDesign, photoshop is good too but would probably take longer

that's all i can really answer, i don't know what the programs are that's used, someone else should take over answering now >.>

Ah, I believe you answered my question perfectly~! :p
Now, I shall look up that program and see if it it something I am able to master o:

Thank you!!!

~Black Petals~

taltal111

Wealthy Noob

8,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:27 am
Sorry for the typing mistakes, I don't have a lot of time right now, but I just want to post this:

OMG yes! finally! (I guess someone might've read my post?) I'm totally going to contribute an article! I LOVE The GOM, thank you so much for making your readers also be apart of the magazine. I'm so excited for this, even thogh I'm not crew,(though I have sent an aplication to be a graphic designer...) I'll try to be as proffesional about this as possible.

(well I'll write something if I have time... but Jimmy could be getting a PM from me!)

so for my question:
what is your deadline for the next issue?

&

@Shinigami-ANBU// does it matter what version of InDesign it is? 'cause I do have InDesign but not the current version.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:54 am
XD You're most welcome. The contributor system is something that I've been pondering over for awhile now, but did not think the magazine ready for it. It's going to take a lot of work to sort through the incoming mailers, however I feel it will be worth the effort. Who knows, perhaps it will open up mail room jobs.

Regarding what programs are used to create GOM, yes, we do mainly focus on using InDesign, yet I also urge the GFX Department to use any and every medium they can get their greedy little hands on, and to play with each programs features - seeing what all they can milk out of it. You'd be amazed what you can do with a program if you know it inside and out.

Thank you for your feedback. I really look forward to seeing what kind of magic our readers can bring to GOM!  

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sire Jaculate

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm
I feel bad for suddenly popping up after not really posting or looking around here for a while, but the recent announcement caught my attention.... and I felt the need to ask a question - can you submit JUST artwork, and what kind of artwork i.e. what of? Also, do you require some sort of 'portfolio' i.e. examples of previous work, from someone, and what are the art deadlines (if any)?

Also, is traditional (I'm not good at doing art on computers so I just draw it and use my markers, but I can't ink anything) alright?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 pm
The quality of the artwork may be lost if you are forced to have to scan it into the computer for posting, but we'll except any form of artwork. We'd prefer if the subject was gaia-related of course, but original characters are welcome. We also would be looking for work related to: GOM, events (online & offline), manga (GOM & Mashables), inside jokes, article artwork, banners, borders & fancy work, backgrounds.

We'll accept anything and everything that is somehow appropriate for a Gaia-themed magazine. We do reserve the right to not print what is sent, so keep that in mind when considering your topic for being appropriate or not. We will be strictly observing the TOS & Site Regulations.

We do not require any form of personal background. You'll not be staff, so there is no need to apply. We don't need portfolios unless you want to hand us a portfolio filled with content for GOM. As a Contributor, you are simply submitting work to GOM in hopes of its being printed sometime within the next issue. Again, it's first come, first serve - so, be patient. There will be no 'Psst, it's being printed' notes, so just wait and see.  

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:43 am
I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE WHO BECOMES RECURRING CONTRIBUTORS!!!  
Gaia Online Magazine

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff