Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Ugh Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:10 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

When someone lies to me, I feel annoyed and angry.
Ok- what happens when you get annoyed and angry at someone who has lied to you?

I calm myself down and envision a light coming from my core and the light being the anger and stress, and it simply floats away, getting smaller in size, then it disappears.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:13 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

I calm myself down and envision a light coming from my core and the light being the anger and stress, and it simply floats away, getting smaller in size, then it disappears.
What if you don't envision that light?  

pompoennetje

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:17 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Panda has a good point- but more importantly, what's the point of getting rid of the feelings if you stay in the same situations?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

As far as I can tell, I feel as if you're jumping to a conclusion and telling me that what I invoked caused something bad to stir. Well, you weren't there when the rite was performed, that's all I can say. You didn't feel what I felt. You may have felt something like it, I don't know. For me, it's hard to explain the feeling of energy.

I'm not having a go at you, just telling you some things on my side of the discussion.

It may have not been THE Goddess and God of Wicca, but two of their many faces. Did you think of that?

I'll try the candle thing. Thanks.

I in no way meant to say you were causing anything negative to happen - I don't feel that's the case at all. I was just trying to lay things out from my perspective, for you to consider.

It's possible, without meaning to, to create thoughforms out of our own strongest held desires. It's not a bad thing - but neither are those creations the same as actual deities. Many people aren't aware of thoughtforms, and that they can be created thus. It's just a possibility, and one I'm always aware of when I interact with the Gods - it would be hypocritical of me to call out others on potentially delusional behavior if I allowed it in myself. I wasn't in any way saying authoritatively that you were making up your own gods - rather, I was attempting to alert you to the possibility of doing so. I apologize if it seemed I was being rude or dismissive.

I am not a soft polytheist; rather, I am a hard polytheist. I do not believe in one overarching God or Goddess of which there are 'facets', 'aspects', or 'faces'. I have a hard time understanding that perspective, given that cultural differences make what is holy for one pantheon anaethma to another. I believe the Gods to be distinct, unique, and separate individuals from one another.

I'm not saying you didn't reach some kind of Lord and Lady - in fact, it's very likely you did. But many entities may answer to those titles - it's possible these are the same gods as the Wica serve, but without being an initiate you lack the ability to verify that one way or the other.

And, as Riri said, some deities/entitles -really- like being s**t disturbers. It's entirely possible you've attracted the attention of one of them, and your current situation is in part due to that. Not all deities have our well-being in their interests.

I see. Sorry for my misconception.

I did call up on deities with names, did I not mention? Cernunnos and Diana.

Thank you for stating the possibility. Again, I apologise for my
misconception.

I see. I can understand your points about the Gods. That they are all their own separate self, and not faces of another deity. Not that I agree on that, but I understand your point of view.

As I said previously, I invoked Diana and Cernunnos. I know Diana can be a jealous goddess, but I don't think I did anything to cause her to do anything bad.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:23 pm
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

I allow it to pass over me, or I calm myself down.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:23 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Panda has a good point- but more importantly, what's the point of getting rid of the feelings if you stay in the same situations?

It makes me feel better, and like a weight is lifted.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:24 pm
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Doesn't those feelings bottle up after a while?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:29 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

But feeling better doesn't change the situation. If people break your trust and you do an exercise to feel better- but then let them break your trust again- I don't really know what to tell you. I'm a fool me once- shame on you fool me twice shame on me kind of person.

People might not always be quick to get out of a bad situation- they have to want to not be a victim anymore and sometimes that takes time to get there, but until they are there- nothing mortals or gods will do will change their situation.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:36 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

As I said previously, I invoked Diana and Cernunnos. I know Diana can be a jealous goddess, but I don't think I did anything to cause her to do anything bad.

If you are using a Wiccan-flavoured ritual style, you have basically partnered Diana in a sexual manner. Not only is she a jealous goddess, but she is known to be a chaste goddess. Cerrunnos is a fertility god, and also a Gaulish deity, whom the Romans thought to be barbaric. Rome systematically wiped out large portions of Gallic population in the time of Caesar. I cannot imagine either of them being pleased to occupy the same ritual space, let alone paired as a couple.

While I can't say for certain that this maybe contributing to our problems at this time, I will say I feel that this pairing will not have best pleased the deities in question, and in fact may have insulted them both.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:47 pm
Morgandria
If you are using a Wiccan-flavoured ritual style, you have basically partnered Diana in a sexual manner. Not only is she a jealous goddess, but she is known to be a chaste goddess. Cerrunnos is a fertility god, and also a Gaulish deity, whom the Romans thought to be barbaric. Rome systematically wiped out large portions of Gallic population in the time of Caesar. I cannot imagine either of them being pleased to occupy the same ritual space, let alone paired as a couple.

While I can't say for certain that this maybe contributing to our problems at this time, I will say I feel that this pairing will not have best pleased the deities in question, and in fact may have insulted them both.

Do you think some of the insult might have come from Diana being a hunter? Or am I off base?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 am
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
Dianda Panda
Azareas Aquarinus
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Doesn't those feelings bottle up after a while?

Not really. I'm rarely lied to. Well, as far as I know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:13 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

But feeling better doesn't change the situation. If people break your trust and you do an exercise to feel better- but then let them break your trust again- I don't really know what to tell you. I'm a fool me once- shame on you fool me twice shame on me kind of person.

People might not always be quick to get out of a bad situation- they have to want to not be a victim anymore and sometimes that takes time to get there, but until they are there- nothing mortals or gods will do will change their situation.

If something bad happens, I'll try to sort it out. I don't always let it pass over me.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:15 am
Morgandria
Azareas Aquarinus

Oh dear. I shouldn't have trusted my intuition.

Yeah. How do I clean this up?

EDIT: I did trust my intuition, I just didn't listen to all of it. It told me to choose: Cernunnos and Aradia. Why I chose Diana I don't know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:18 am
Esiris
Morgandria

Do you think some of the insult might have come from Diana being a hunter? Or am I off base?

I'd say that'd take a back seat to the rest of it really. She's the type to turn men who see her naked into stags and setting their own dogs on them. That is to say, putting her into a sexualised situation with a verile male deity, probably a bad plan.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games