Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
The Moon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:17 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Everyone can be a witch. They just have to have the right mindset and open mind.

I'm not sure I believe this anymore than I believe everyone can be an Olympic Sprinter.

I suppose it's how people look at it. But if that's what Silver Ravenwolf said, how the hell did her books get sold?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

I suppose it's how people look at it. But if that's what Silver Ravenwolf said, how the hell did her books get sold?

Mostly by suckering in kids who don't know better. She tells them they're special and that their parents and peers don't understand them- but she does, so it's ok.
She appeals to their ego.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:32 pm
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

Mostly by suckering in kids who don't know better. She tells them they're special and that their parents and peers don't understand them- but she does, so it's ok.
She appeals to their ego.

Sounds like something from a fantasy story. Or something like X-men, and mutants are outcasts and etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:41 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Sounds like something from a fantasy story. Or something like X-men, and mutants are outcasts and etc.
It's a good marketing tool- in that it's effective.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

It's a good marketing tool- in that it's effective.

And the sad thing is, it actually sells.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am
Azareas Aquarinus

People like feeling special- the smart ones take pride in their acomplishments and talents and the other people make up stories to feel more special. Past lives are a good example of this- how many Cleopatras are there? Or magical fairies or something? Compare that to dirt poor farmers, washer women and field workers.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:06 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

People like feeling special- the smart ones take pride in their acomplishments and talents and the other people make up stories to feel more special. Past lives are a good example of this- how many Cleopatras are there? Or magical fairies or something? Compare that to dirt poor farmers, washer women and field workers.

Yeah. Would you say it's delusional?

Past lives? I could disagree with you there. A strong Pagan belief is reincarnation.

One Cleopatra.

You don't mean belief about the Fae, do you?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:22 am
Azareas Aquarinus

Yeah. Would you say it's delusional?
Naw- I don't think most people really believe it in the way a schizophrenic experiences their voices or visions.

Quote:
Past lives? I could disagree with you there. A strong Pagan belief is reincarnation.

One Cleopatra.

You don't mean belief about the Fae, do you?
Some pagans believe in past lives- some don't, hell- even some Christians believe in past lives. My point is that when people talk about their past lives, it's rare that people are ever just every day people.

Look at human history- the wealthy and the rulers have always been a small part of the overall civilization, but when people talk about past lives it seems like everyone is some kind of fairy, or king or emperor or- I've been told by five people that in their past life they were Cleopatra.

I've read some threads on Gaia- and most of the people I saw here talk about being that dirt poor farmer or something like it, but offline most people seem to believe they were a dragon, fairy or something else in a past life so they can feel better about themselves.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:13 pm
Esiris
Some pagans believe in past lives- some don't, hell- even some Christians believe in past lives. My point is that when people talk about their past lives, it's rare that people are ever just every day people.

Look at human history- the wealthy and the rulers have always been a small part of the overall civilization, but when people talk about past lives it seems like everyone is some kind of fairy, or king or emperor or- I've been told by five people that in their past life they were Cleopatra.

I've read some threads on Gaia- and most of the people I saw here talk about being that dirt poor farmer or something like it, but offline most people seem to believe they were a dragon, fairy or something else in a past life so they can feel better about themselves.

That kind of just tickled me pink. It seems when the subject of reincarnation comes up, someone claims to be something ridiculous or everyone says they were certain person like Cleopatra. Though, I'm not saying reincarnation is hogwash. Hell, I believe it myself, but I'm saying it's a little far-fetched when a dozen people say they are something of question.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:52 am
Little Fuzzy Bunneh

That kind of just tickled me pink. It seems when the subject of reincarnation comes up, someone claims to be something ridiculous or everyone says they were certain person like Cleopatra. Though, I'm not saying reincarnation is hogwash. Hell, I believe it myself, but I'm saying it's a little far-fetched when a dozen people say they are something of question.
It makes me wonder what the point of people learning about their past lives is.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Lilithiann

Feral Sweetheart

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:37 pm
Esiris

Maybe it gives them a sense of power to make themselves look better. Who knows? Though, I guess it's also fun to know, but how would one live with them self if they found out they were a mass murderer or a wanted killer?

Honestly, one's identity is more important than one's past.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:19 pm
Esiris

Interest, mainly. Maybe to answer questions about things in their current lives that they can't explain.

As an example - I have a friend who is terrified about rocks underwater. She's fine with being on a boat, fine with the ocean, but if she looks over the side and sees rocks underwater she freaks out. She's convinced at this point that in a past life she was involved in a shipwreck and it seems plausible enough to me.

I'm terrified about being buried alive. I realise it's pretty unlikely but I am freakin' beside myself terrified of it. I theorise that in a past life I was buried alive. Having said that I have NO desire to find out more than that as, well, there's no chance it ended well, is there? It would be a horrific torment with no purpose other than to ascertain whether it was true or not.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games