Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
Official Cheat Code Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tigger_princess

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:05 am
i have used the cheat motherlode before on my old PC and all of the memories and thought bubbles went blank... is that because of the cheat or not... if not i will use it on my new PC? I have been using kaching over and over...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:25 pm
also can you explain the family funds cheat in more detail because i cant seem to get it to work  

tigger_princess

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:39 am
As to your first question, this is NOT because of the motherlode cheat. That will have happened because your objects.package game file will have become corrupted. I know of two ways that this can happen; 1. you save a lot with a Sim playing with a remote control car or 2. Mrs Crumplebottom gets bitten by a vampire. These problems were fixed in the patches but I don't know if it can be caused by other things. To help protect against this happenoing again then you should find the objects.package file in your game data and make it "read only" by right clicking and selecting "advanced".
On Windows you should find it in My Computer>C:>Program Files>EA GAMES>Sims 2 (plus any expansion pack folders)>TSData/Res/Objects
Only make it "read only" though if you're NOT having the problem. If you are then you will need to find the file on the disc and replace it.

You've already had an answer for your second question haven't you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:08 pm
Is it really that risky to use the boolprop cheat? I never used it before but now I'm curious and I want to get a Resurrect-O-Nomitron (is that the name?) without having the Paranormal job...but I don't want to ruin my game either!  

Pyuchi

tigger_princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:29 pm
Menaceman

You've already had an answer for your second question haven't you.

no i don't think i have had an answer to the second question... would you mind going through it again for me?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:59 pm
Ok. To use the family funds cheat you have to be in the neighbourhood view. Open the cheat panel and type in FamilyFunds and then a space. Then enter the name of the family that you want to add money to exactly as it is spelt in game capitalised in the same places and then type another space. Finally type the amount of money you want tthe fimaily to have.
For example :- FamilyFunds Smith 10000
The above example would make the Smith family money total 10,000 simoleans. If you type a + before the amount of money then that will be added to what they already have. A - before the amount subtracts the amount you type in.
This can be used for Sims already in a house and those still in the Sim Bin.

I hope this helps.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

lilyukina32784

3,150 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:14 pm
Pyuchi
Is it really that risky to use the boolprop cheat? I never used it before but now I'm curious and I want to get a Resurrect-O-Nomitron (is that the name?) without having the Paranormal job...but I don't want to ruin my game either!

you can just use the unlockcareerrewards cheat ... to get that xd biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:03 am
Menaceman
Ok. To use the family funds cheat you have to be in the neighbourhood view. Open the cheat panel and type in FamilyFunds and then a space. Then enter the name of the family that you want to add money to exactly as it is spelt in game capitalised in the same places and then type another space. Finally type the amount of money you want tthe fimaily to have.
For example :- FamilyFunds Smith 10000
The above example would make the Smith family money total 10,000 simoleans. If you type a + before the amount of money then that will be added to what they already have. A - before the amount subtracts the amount you type in.
This can be used for Sims already in a house and those still in the Sim Bin.

I hope this helps.

Oh thanks! I'm not sure about the a + that didn't work... but thank you for the other bit it works now! I feel silly... that was easy! Thanks again! smile  

tigger_princess

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:26 pm
Are you adding "a +" or just "+"? (minus the quotation marks) If you are using "a +" then that is the problem, you only need the + symbol. Same with the - one.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 pm
lilyukina32784
Pyuchi

you can just use the unlockcareerrewards cheat ... to get that xd biggrin

Oh...that's right. It's a nightlife code, right?...silly me. xd
I'll pay more attention and read the whole first post next time, thanks!  

Pyuchi

tigger_princess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:11 am
Menaceman
Are you adding "a +" or just "+"? (minus the quotation marks) If you are using "a +" then that is the problem, you only need the + symbol. Same with the - one.

Oh thank you i feel really silly now! redface  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 am
things about the sims..
Unlimited rosebud entries
This code will allow you to input the rosebud code as many times as you want without having to retype it. To perform this type in rosebud in the cheat menu and add as many !;!;! as you want, but then at the end make a mistake like a 1 instead of a ! and you will get all the money from the other ! but not have to retype it over and over. So instead of rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;! input rosebud;!;!;!;!;!;!;1 then just continue to press enter as many times as wanted.

Set Specific Speed of Gameplay
During gameplay, press Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheat menu. Enter 'sim_speed XXXX' but replace "XXXX" with a number between -1000 and 1000. -1000 slows the game down the most. 1000 speeds the game up so much that it won't show changes in your Sims' status bars. To deactivate the cheat, press '1,' '2,' or '3' or select one of the three speeds. Pausing won't deactive it.

Automatic Trash cleaning
To empty trash cans without having a maid or manually emptying it, just sell it and buy a new one. This won't cost you any money, since the value of a used trash can stays the same.

Save Room
If you build a balcony, you may delete the pillars under it, saving space on the first floor.

Max personality points
First, make a sim with the name you want and make it the way you want it to look. When given the option to increase their personality points, dont give them any at all. The game will ask you if you want to continue without using all the personality points. Say yes to this. After moving them into a house, buy a chemistry lab set and have them make potions repeatedly until they make a yellow one. Drink the yellow potion, and their personality will be reversed, therefore maxing out their personality.

Import Your Own .MP3 To The Sims Radio
Okay, first of all, you are going to need a .mp3 sound file that you want to import into The Sims. Once you have one, copy the file and paste to this folder: (Assuming you installed the game in the C Drive, the directory is C razz rogram FilesMaxisThe SimsMusicStationRock) So you should have your .mp3 sound file here: C razz rogram FilesMaxisThe SimsMusicStationRock. Start The Sims, buy a radio if you don't already have one, turn the station to rock, wait a couple of seconds and listen to your favorite tune. Note: Where it says Rock in the directory, you don't have to put it in Rock, you can put it into any other station such a Country or Latin.

Full Green Bars
First bring up the cheat window, then type in the ''move_objects on'' code. Now, save the game, and when that's done, any time you want to regenerate happy fully-green-bar sims, pause the game, select them and delete them. Now press play, and click on thier heads, and they should pop up somewhere, with all of thier bars fully green. PLEASE NOTE-if you are working on their skills like charisma and whatnot, you MUST save the game BEFORE deleting them! If you do not save the game, they will appear again as if you restarted the game, and thier skills will be lost!!

Give your Sims a bunch of skill points effortlessly
When in Create-A-Sim mode, create a child with no personality points and name them something like 'M'. Now edit the child Sim you just made and turn them into an adult, re-name them anything you like and make them look anyway you want them to. You can also give them personality points now. Create the family and once you move them into a lot, look at their skills. You'll see they'll have a bunch of random skill points you'd normally have to work for.

Avoid Paying Bills
You'll need to have enough money to pay the bill first.
If you don't want to pay a bill (e.g. It'll leave you with next to nothing, or you just plain don't want to), then have a Sim pick up the bill and proceed to pay it. But before they reach the mail box to pay it, go into Buy Mode and buy until you don't have enough to cover the bill (e.g. if the bill is §800, then buy until you have §799 or less). Then go back to Live Mode. The Sim will go to the mail box and pay the bill, but you won't have lost any money. Then just go back into Buy Mode and sell back what you just bought. Being the same day, you'll get all your money back.

now the sims 2 ^^

Use your own videos for the TV
It's possible to watch your own videos on the Sim-TV. You must put the video you want into My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2MoviesBroadcast (the TV sender you want). If you then turn on the TV in the game you can watch it! The video must be .avi-clips and the clips shouldn't be larger then 128x128 pixel also it shouldn't have more then 15 frames per second.

Saving Pizza
Have a sim call for pizza. When the pizza delivery guy comes DON'T accept the pizza! The pizza delivery guy will eventually leave the pizza on the front porch, and the pizza will never get stale. You can stack as many pizzas as you want, so if your sims get hungry, just tell them to get a pizza from the front porch.

For Poor Families
The trick is that no matter how many times you use an object, if you sell it in the same day, you can get all your money back. So if your Sim is poor and needs body points or something, buy a body machine and keep selling it back to refund all your money.

well.. those arent cheats you type.. only glitches mrgreen  

Your Dads Car

randomchild91

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:34 am
I'm a little skeptical about using the tombstone of L and D. If u click on one of the options like make toddler boy, exactly wat will it do? Just put some random kid on ur lot or will it actually look like the parents? confused  
The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff