Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
The Fire Opal Pub - Sacred Source's Ranting Place Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:18 pm
MysteronKitty
*snarl*

I read Tarot. I do this often. I enjoy it. However, the enjoyment is KILLED when someone, about a week after a reading, comes and rants at me that nothing that I said could happen happened.
Know what? I never said anything was definite. Every Tarot reader should have a sign next to them:

THE FUTURE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

*/snarl*

You are absoloutely right. However, as an Oracle Reader, I'm proud to say that everything I read is true. I don't read the future, per say; I read a series of events that have happened, and can divine a path to follow get the results the cards play out. If it doesn't happen, its not my fault, the person did something that wasn't anticipated by the Faeries.
That is what makes it a unique thing. In order for the future divined by the cards to meet fruition, the person must have no sudden changes of heart, no sudden or compulsive descisions, no major changes to their world. If nothing comes true, its no one's fault but destinies.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:54 pm
Winter Black
MysteronKitty
*snarl*

I read Tarot. I do this often. I enjoy it. However, the enjoyment is KILLED when someone, about a week after a reading, comes and rants at me that nothing that I said could happen happened.
Know what? I never said anything was definite. Every Tarot reader should have a sign next to them:

THE FUTURE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

*/snarl*

You are absoloutely right. However, as an Oracle Reader, I'm proud to say that everything I read is true. I don't read the future, per say; I read a series of events that have happened, and can divine a path to follow get the results the cards play out. If it doesn't happen, its not my fault, the person did something that wasn't anticipated by the Faeries.
That is what makes it a unique thing. In order for the future divined by the cards to meet fruition, the person must have no sudden changes of heart, no sudden or compulsive descisions, no major changes to their world. If nothing comes true, its no one's fault but destinies.
w00t for the divination individuals who make sense and don't make me feel bad about wanting to change an outcome! heart mrgreen  

Jameta
Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:32 pm
This is something that confuses me, when I was having a problem with this guy named Mark, my boyfriend asked me if I really loved him or not. I told him I did.
Mark went around saying I had slept with him, and given him a blow job, and the like. None of it was true. He kissed me, and nothing happened from there.
But before that, I had been torn between dating Jade and dating Mark.
Of course, I chose Jade, and Mark resented it.
And a little before the whole problem, Mark asked me if I thought I had made a mistake. Of course, I didn't answer him.
That night, I asked my cards, and they told me to take a real good look at my relationship with Jade. At first, I was scared of what it meant.
After I took a look from a different perspective, I realized I chose Jade for a reason. I love him, and no one else. And he loves me back, for whatever reason. And all I want is him to be happy, and I'm sure thats what he wants for me. He's my inspiration in every thing that I do, and he's my motivation to get up and do things.
Mark couldn't understand this, when I explained it to him, so he kissed me. Thats when the trouble started. >_<; He wanted to break us up, and it didn't work.
But I don't understand. I've know Jade for 10 years now, and Mark for around a year and a half. Jade and Mark have been friends for 4 years.
Mark always preached he cared about his friends. Why would he do this to me and Jade, then, if he's been close to Jade for 4 years? Jade's done so much for Mark, and now he's been stabbed in the back for it.
I don't understand how people can do that... It doesn't make sense to me. It hurts that Mark would do it, but now I'm glad to have him out of our lives. He made things a tad awkward. But still, I tried to stay friends with him. It didn't work, and Jade and I got hurt.
I'm just glad we're still together... Under something like that, I've seen couple's crumble.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:01 am
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
Amen!! Now time for my rant.

The Emptiness of Superficiality.

I tend to hate pop-culture. Not really hate, but seriously dislike. Everything about it tends to repulse me, from it's carefree attitute to sex (damnit, it's something special!) right down to it's complete lack of spirituality. I tend to see it as a hot-air balloon, all pretty coloured on the outside, with nothing of substance on the inside. Even true gothic culture is better than that. I'm not a goth, but would rather dive into the Gothic style created by the Romantic era than pop-culture. The guys are completely idiotic, and tend to use a cross as a fashion accessory. The girls are either all unanimously stupid, or act like that to attract guys. Which makes the guys even more stupid for being attracrted to that. Okay, that's all I can rant for now.
Ahhh, the commentary on society that is Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands. I watched that for the first time yesterday, and when I saw Suburbia, I (in a dopey sense) was, "OMG, IT'S SOCIETY!!!" eek

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:04 am
Winter Black
This is something that confuses me, when I was having a problem with this guy named Mark, my boyfriend asked me if I really loved him or not. I told him I did.
Mark went around saying I had slept with him, and given him a blow job, and the like. None of it was true. He kissed me, and nothing happened from there.
And a little before the whole problem, Mark asked me if I thought I had made a mistake. Of course, I didn't answer him.
That night, I asked my cards, and they told me to take a real good look at my relationship with Jade. At first, I was scared of what it meant.
After I took a look from a different perspective, I realized I chose Jade for a reason. I love him, and no one else. And he loves me back, for whatever reason. And all I want is him to be happy, and I'm sure thats what he wants for me. He's my inspiration in every thing that I do, and he's my motivation to get up and do things.
Mark couldn't understand this, when I explained it to him, so he kissed me. Thats when the trouble started. >_<; He wanted to break us up, and it didn't work.
But I don't understand. I've know Jade for 10 years now, and Mark for around a year and a half. Jade and Mark have been friends for 4 years.
Mark always preached he cared about his friends. Why would he do this to me and Jade, then, if he's been close to Jade for 4 years? Jade's done so much for Mark, and now he's been stabbed in the back for it.
I don't understand how people can do that... It doesn't make sense to me. It hurts that Mark would do it, but now I'm glad to have him out of our lives. He made things a tad awkward. But still, I tried to stay friends with him. It didn't work, and Jade and I got hurt.
I'm just glad we're still together... Under something like that, I've seen couple's crumble.
Such is the enigma of attraction, that defies long-term friendships. It's not your fault, it's simply Mark being very persistent. On another note, I wish you and Jade the best of luck, but then again, if you weathered this, it doesn't look like you need it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:14 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Winter Black
Such is the enigma of attraction, that defies long-term friendships. It's not your fault, it's simply Mark being very persistent. On another note, I wish you and Jade the best of luck, but then again, if you weathered this, it doesn't look like you need it.

Aww, thanks. ^//^; We've lasted through a few things, but I don't want to open up old wounds. Our 1st anniversary is September 15th, though. We've been through a lot, and haven't even been dating a whole year. ^^;;;; That's strong, isn't it?  

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:11 am
Winter Black
Nihilistic Seraph
Winter Black

Aww, thanks. ^//^; We've lasted through a few things, but I don't want to open up old wounds. Our 1st anniversary is September 15th, though. We've been through a lot, and haven't even been dating a whole year. ^^;;;; That's strong, isn't it?
Sounds good to me. 3nodding Soemtiems I have bad memories come up from my past emotional tyings, and it worried LD at first, but now he knows that he makes me feel better and somewhat protects me from these thoughts.

We've been through some hard stuff, too... can't really put my finger on exactly what because we've gotten over it. blaugh And my memory sucks, but that's beside the point. sweatdrop Anyways, one part of it would be him being in a Behavioral Disorder class ad having some confidence issues that we've made progress on. It's been over 2 years, so if we can do it, so can others who truly care about one another. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:47 am
I wish both of you the best of luck then  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:30 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I wish both of you the best of luck then
Thank you, Nihl. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:28 pm
Things I need to rant about:

1. Anyone that thinks that YHWH (the Christian/Judaic god) made us all.

No. I was created by a god of the Eleventh Firmament, yes, but I was not created by your god, and you cannot make that true no matter how much you repeat it. It breaks my brain to have people say "Well He did make us all you know", because it is not true, plain and simple. Why do people need this crutch of theirs? Does it give them some bond of companionship or whatever to think they were all made by the same dude? I rather like being in existance, made by my creator; He's rather happy He made me, too.

But seriously, what the ********. Why do you see the need to fit people in the same creator-box as you think you were? As if that not being true makes sticking together and helping each other less important? As if it makes getting along and looking out for each other less needed?

Pssh. Do the right thing because it's the right thing, not because some god tells you to.

2. Anyone that things He made the entire Universe.

See the bit about 'why do people need an all-creating dude' and add in a good amount of bitching about how YHWH hasn't actually been around all that long and that Chrstians are too gullible.

Blind faith = teh bad.

3. Anyone that thinks He's always existed.

I AM OLDER THAN YHWH. :: Shakes her cane :: And you know how I know this? I traced my soul history! Goshdarn whipper-snappers.  

Archangel Calyphrael

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:59 am
Yes, the fundies do get annoying. Then again, you really can't stay angry with them when all they want to do is save your soul...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:43 am
Actually, I think the way you worded that could have been better, Kzvra sweatdrop

Saying you want to rant about "Anyone that thinks that YHWH (the Christian/Judaic god) made us all" "Anyone that things He made the entire Universe" or "Anyone that thinks He's always existed" is a bit harsh. People believe that because it's what their faith says is true. You don't have to agree with it, but you shouldn't say that anyone who believes that is deserving of contempt of others.

Certainly, if they press you into believing what they do (though that IS another thing some believers of YHWH are told to do), then they should be told that you aren't interested and if they persist, then you have the right to rant about THAT particular minority.

I didn't articulate that quite as well as I would have liked, but I think I made my point. Maybe one day Gaia will get voice chat available mrgreen ...Wait... No... I take it back gonk  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:57 pm
Yahweh followers can get annoying... But not all of them are that bad. x.o  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:26 pm
Atma311
Actually, I think the way you worded that could have been better, Kzvra sweatdrop

Saying you want to rant about "Anyone that thinks that YHWH (the Christian/Judaic god) made us all" "Anyone that things He made the entire Universe" or "Anyone that thinks He's always existed" is a bit harsh. People believe that because it's what their faith says is true. You don't have to agree with it, but you shouldn't say that anyone who believes that is deserving of contempt of others.

Certainly, if they press you into believing what they do (though that IS another thing some believers of YHWH are told to do), then they should be told that you aren't interested and if they persist, then you have the right to rant about THAT particular minority.

I didn't articulate that quite as well as I would have liked, but I think I made my point. Maybe one day Gaia will get voice chat available mrgreen ...Wait... No... I take it back gonk

Voice chat. Hmm.

No, you're right about that stuff; I was very harsh, as I have a tendency to be when I'm upset. And, thinking about it, it's not actually these beliefs that bother me, because, as you said, they're told to believe it and, more often than not, they don't have anything else to test it against.

However..

I have a major stick up my a** about not relying on blind faith, but inquisitive and introspective faith. As in, if you've got a way to find out and improve your faith, you do so or you're just lying to yourself and others. I've offered guidelines for a few Christians to find out what they need (some of them, to be nice, I didn't push beyond the "Talk to YHWH and find out that He's real for yourself), and they rejected them with the excuse that "Satan was in my head" (or that was the general gist of it).

Just pisses me off, when people are so insecure in their faith that they can't bear to hear anything that may contradict parts of it, even if it will reaffirm others. My "faith" (it has been proven to me insofar as it can be without having a giant note that says "YOUR BELIEFS ARE TRUE" drop out of the sky onto my head, so I don't know if it can be counted as "faith") is a living, growing thing. If I find out something that I once thought is incorrect (and oh man have I been incorrect before), I correct it and carry on my way. Christians can do that -- one of my pet peeves is the fact that they think that, if their god didn't make The Universe And Everything, and isn't perfect, they're somehow not worth following/worshipping -- but they refuse to.

And frankly, willful ignorance makes my blood pressure shoot up faster than just about anything else.  

Archangel Calyphrael

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:09 pm
*Enraged Poke!* scream  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items