Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Is Harry the Descendant oif Godric Gryffindor??????????? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MochaCreme

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:18 am
Well maybe. Dumbldore said only a gryffindor could pull that sword outta the hat. And only Harry was the one who was able to do it. Well, Ron can't do it. Fred can't do it. Even Hermione can't do it.

So there might be a slight possibility that Harry is the living descendant of Godric Gryffindor. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:23 am
Quote:
Well maybe. Dumbldore said only a gryffindor could pull that sword outta the hat. And only Harry was the one who was able to do it. Well, Ron can't do it. Fred can't do it. Even Hermione can't do it.

Did any of them ever try?

In addition to Rowling clearly debunking this theory (and she's never outright lied yet and has no reason to start over something so minor to the plot) it just seems so very cliched. Wasn't a big part of the last book, and some of the appeal of the series, that Harry has no special power or connection beyond what Voldemort has assigned him?

(And I thought the fight between Slytherin and Gryffindor was finished... Slytherin conceded and left the school.)

Anyway... There's no real evidence for it, but I've always thought that if anyone in the series was going to be decended from Godric Gryffindor it'd be the Weasley's.  

PhantomoftheFox

icey-queen

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:00 pm
he could be the descendent!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:17 pm
It could be that they're saving that little tidbit for the seventh book, but maybe.......I mean wasn't his father pureblood? So, he could be the "heir og Gryffindor"  

Harlequin-Avarice

sandflea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:16 pm
its possible  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:17 pm
I think Thats True  

Xx..BoY..cRaZeD..xX

beachvolleygirl10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:24 pm
[Hollow point]
im tired of hearing "he was born in godric's hollow" where he was born has nothing to do with who he is related to

well it does if you look at how J.K Rowling links things in her books. she could have made up Godrics Hollow, after think of GODRIC Griffindor(s/p?). so by thinking of it as a story, and not real life, it could matter.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:14 pm
no hes not  

Jack_Skellington182

Heaven Edge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:35 am
R J Lupin
What do you think?
Dunno, but it could be! question  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:45 pm
i think he is.  

montypup13

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:15 pm
I'm not sure if being Godric Gryffindor's descendent would greatly affect the book. And I'm VERY skeptical. I mean, isn't being The Boy Who Lived and The Chosen One enough?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:28 pm
i agree with what Princess Mandy said! because i think he is already under alot of pressure,what with what he is, but i think harrys already got alot on his plate and i don't think he would really want to know he might be related to Godric Griffindor,but apart from that i do think that he COULD be! but you never know, he might not!but we'll have to wait and see what JKRowlings gonna do!  

Numai Outcast

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:59 am
No way, JKR wouldn't put that huge of a twist this far into the series.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:10 am
Mweh, don't really think so . But you never know.  

Gainsborough-Aerith

Twinkeles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:59 pm
I think so!!! xd  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items