Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel's Charity

Back to Guilds

Giving gold and items to gaians in need 

Tags: Charity, Quests, Free, Gold, Items 

Reply Contests and Games (Win Items and / or Gold Prizes!)
Jeopardy! (Closed at the time) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you play?
  Yes
  No
  I like pie <3
View Results

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:28 am
Bhaby_Hinata21
fizzyorangesoda
next question:
A man worked for a high-security institution, and one day he went in to work only to find that he could not log in to his computer terminal. His password wouldn't work. Then he remembered that the passwords are reset every month for security purposes. So he went to his boss and they had this conversation:
Man-"Hey boss, my password is out of date."
Boss-"Yes, that's right. The password is different, but if you listen carefully you should be able to figure out the new one: It has the same amount of letters as your old password, but only four of the letters are the same."
Man: "Thanks boss."
With that, he went and correctly logged into his station.
What was the new password? What was his old password?

Good Luck!

LOL! i had to re-read it for a few times~! xd

old password: out of date

new password: Different

Yep  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:51 pm
Next question:

Bob prides himself as being clever with words. He has just written three sentences. What do they all have in common?

WAS IT A BAR OR A BAT I SAW?
TEN ANIMALS I SLAM IN A NET.
POOR DAN IS IN A DROOP.

Puzzle solved! Congrats to GarGo0or  

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

GarGo0or

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:25 pm
fizzyorangesoda
Next question:

Bob prides himself as being clever with words. He has just written three sentences. What do they all have in common?

POOR DAN IS IN A DROOP.

that you can read them from both sides ^_^ but different with spaces razz ...
AKA right to left = left to right  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:16 pm
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Next question:

POOR DAN IS IN A DROOP.

Yep biggrin  

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

GarGo0or

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:35 pm
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Next question:

POOR DAN IS IN A DROOP.

Yep biggrin

WOW thanx ^^ although I HATE riddles but this one was a bit easy... took from me some minutes though  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 am
Ok I have enough gold for the hardest and last question! No google. Winner gets 40K. If nobody gets it then everybody who tries will get 5-10k. Good luck everyone!
Question:
If there are 196 legs and 126 eyes at the dog show, how many people and how many dogs are present? (All the people and all the dogs at the show have the normal number of eyes and legs.)

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

GarGo0or

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm
fizzyorangesoda
Ok I have enough gold for the hardest and last question! No google. Winner gets 40K. If nobody gets it then everybody who tries will get 5-10k. Good luck everyone!
Question:
If there are 196 legs and 126 eyes at the dog show, how many people and how many dogs are present? (All the people and all the dogs at the show have the normal number of eyes and legs.)

although I love math I'm not really sure...
35 dogs & 28 people  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 pm
how did i found the answer was like that...
it's easy to start with eyes... since both human & dogs got to eyes then... 126/2=63
we know now that we have 63 dogs and people
now we take the difference to see how much extra legs we have
196-126=70
70/2=35 dogs... but this is only 2 legs for each so we take from the 196 more 70 legs to have 140 legs for dogs
140/4=35 dogs
now how many people we have?
196-140=56 human legs
56/2=28 people
to check if our answer is right we add dogs and people they should be equal the half of eyes...
28+35=63

I think the glob was harder <<

GarGo0or

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:50 pm
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Question:

35 dogs & 28 people

Yep!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:51 pm
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Question:

35 dogs & 28 people

Yep!

COOL XD
my dream is to be a math teacher so if I wasn't able to do a small calculation I should drop his dream ^_^  

GarGo0or

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:55 pm
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Question:

35 dogs & 28 people

Yep!

COOL XD
my dream is to be a math teacher so if I wasn't able to do a small calculation I should drop his dream ^_^

I want to be a doctor? I don't know, but I'm good at biology.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:13 pm
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Question:

35 dogs & 28 people

Yep!

COOL XD

cool... then work hard... coz it's a tough job... you know you keep studying through your whole life... @.@ but wish you can be a good one really ^_^ it's a big dream  

GarGo0or

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:40 pm
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda
Question:

35 dogs & 28 people

Yep!

COOL XD

cool... then work hard... coz it's a tough job... you know you keep studying through your whole life... @.@ but wish you can be a good one really ^_^ it's a big dream

Thank you biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:43 am
fizzyorangesoda

you know I solved it in a very complicated way @.@ I gave the riddle to my sister and she solved it in an easier way but did it a bit different than what I found now <<
well if we say people are X and dogs are Y we will have 2 equations one for the eyes and the other for the dogs

2X+2Y=126 -------(1)
2X+4Y=196 -------(2)

if we subtract 2 from 1

2X+4Y=196
2X+2Y=126
ـــــــــــــــــــــــ
0+2Y=70

then solve for Y
Y=35 (XD)

then we substitute Y in one of the equations and solve for X
I'm doing it with (1)

2X+2*(35)=126
X=28 (XD)

it's waaaaaay easier I always think in a very complicated way and that makes me always loose marks in exams XD LOL <

GarGo0or

carnivorouskuma

Timid Wildcat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:52 am
GarGo0or
fizzyorangesoda

you know I solved it in a very complicated way @.@ I gave the riddle to my sister and she solved it in an easier way but did it a bit different than what I found now <<
well if we say people are X and dogs are Y we will have 2 equations one for the eyes and the other for the dogs

2X+2Y=126 -------(1)
2X+4Y=196 -------(2)

if we subtract 2 from 1

2X+4Y=196
2X+2Y=126
ـــــــــــــــــــــــ
0+2Y=70

then solve for Y
Y=35 (XD)

then we substitute Y in one of the equations and solve for X
I'm doing it with (1)

2X+2*(35)=126
X=28 (XD)

it's waaaaaay easier I always think in a very complicated way and that makes me always loose marks in exams XD LOL <

It's sooo much easier that way! I, too, solved it the hard way.  
Contests and Games (Win Items and / or Gold Prizes!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games