Welcome to Gaia! ::

PINOY IWONCLAN EXTREME

Back to Guilds

Extreme ang saya! Extreme ang kwentuhan! Extreme ang pa-premyo! Extreme ang barkadahan! 

Tags: Filipino, Pinoy, Philippines, Pilipinas, iwonclan 

Reply Debating Den
End of the world na nga ba kaya?. 75k Giveaway!. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

End of the world na nga ba kaya?.
  Oo
  Hindi
  Malay ko
View Results

LadyAnisina

6,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:58 pm
Dust Louise
LadyAnisina

Wag na ngah lang. sweatdrop

emotion_0A0  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:42 pm
Dust Louise

Okay let's start!

First off, just wanted to say that I couldn't find the video in YouTube anymore. Not sure if it was taken down or if I am just looking for a different title. Anyways, here goes.

Let's start naming all the "End of the World" theories first. Nostradamus' prediction, Sir Isaac Newton's prediction, the Mayan calendar, planets' alignment, Earth's magnetic field reversals and so on.

I'll start this off with Nostradamus' prediction. Many people claim that Nostradamus is a fraud and so are his predictions. Here are a list of some famous predictions he's made during his years. Although there are many experts that have tried to debunk his ideas, not everyone was successful in doing so. Therefore, if Nostradamus' prediction was correct then the end will be near.

Next is Sir Isaac Newton's prediction. He clearly predicted the end of the world on 2060 so don't go trolling around me saying that this thread is for 2012 only. I know that but I'm just sharing the ideas related to the "End of the World" topic. According to this website, Sir Isaac Newton based his prediction on religion instead of reasoning.

The Mayan calendar... Is there something to defend here? Nope. It is true that the calculation with regards to the 2012 prediction was wrong. Needless to say that the Mayan calendar was suppose to 'end' but it does not mean the world will end as well. Once something ends, do we just assume that everything end as well? Can't we presume that the calendar will start again just like how the Gregorian Calendar ends on December 31st and starts on January 1st again?

In this following paragraphs, I'll be talking on both the planets' alignment and the Earth's magnetic field reversal. This is where I actually believe the most compared to the ones previously mentioned. Alright, here's an explanation to why I think this one is the most probable event. When the planets align, there will be a big gravitational force acting on each and every planet. This can be defined as the equation:
Fg = [G (m1 * m2)]/(d^2)
Where G is the gravitational constant (6.67 * 10^-11 Nm^2/kg^2)
m1 and m2 are the mass of the planets, say Earth and Venus
and d corresponds for the distance (in meters) of the two objects.

Earth and Venus isn't that big when compared to Jupiter and Saturn. So when the planets align, there will be a smaller d value and therefore making the Fg incredibly big. This can force planets to shoot away from each other in an incredible speed that we humans might not be able to withstand which can cause our very own deaths.
Another thing I'd like to point out in this subject is that when a the planets align perfectly, the ones in front of the Earth will cover all the sunlight causing a fairly long darkness. Not sure about the duration but I heard it's like a week or something. Anyway, if that happens there will be no heat to warm up the Earth and it might end up like what happened to Mars thousands or maybe millions of years ago. Mars was actually a habitable planet long ago until everything turned into ice. If you want to learn more about this, I suggest you research by yourself because I have no plans on explaining it here and I'm not good at explaining at all.
Let's pretend that the Earth's magnetic field weakens, that will allow solar flares to completely enter our atmosphere. If that happens, there will be too much heat that can eventually kill everyone of us.

There are many more theories on how the world could possibly end. Some say it's because of Alien Invasions, others say it's the rise of Atlantis and most of us probably believes just in Global Warming itself. That's all I have to say and I know everything I said here is very vague because I tend not to go into details when explaining things. I hope you understood this post of mine and I'd like to claim my 75k now please. LMAO, just kidding. Although I hope that's enough to get awarded some cash. xD

Note: Sorry if there's any confusion or wrong grammar/spelling made.

oKirby

oKirby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:49 pm
Bump.
Pasensya na po pala, first time ko dito sa Debating Den eh haha.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:03 pm
oKirby

*Reading* burning_eyes  

Hiro Kageyama

Shy Shounen

13,575 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hiro Kageyama

Shy Shounen

13,575 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:15 pm
LadyAnisina

Serious, taga saan ka nga ba dito sa Pinas'?. o_O  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:16 pm
oKirby

Wow What you wrote was also convincing but what you have said didn't quite completely nuliffy what I've said... What I said was all about the ending of the world in 2012 and not the ending of the world in other certain years. And as for the planets it will surely happen on September 2040 but not in 2012... so the planet theory might possibly happen but there's still a chance that it wouldn't affect us as what I have said:
" The planets cannot and will not line up and it would not matter if they did. The orbits of the planets are tilted slightly in relation to each other so it can't happen. Every few dozen years the five visible planets will almost form up in a line and be visible in a small patch of the sky. Nothing happens. This will not happen in 2012, the next time will be in September 2040. The frauds and woo-woos will be out for that. Remember, you saw it here first. See the "Solar System Live" site. "

That's all :3

Mischievous Michael

oKirby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:19 pm
xx-Mikez
oKirby

Wow What you wrote was also convincing but what you have said didn't quite completely nuliffy what I've said... What I said was all about the ending of the world in 2012 and not the ending of the world in other certain years. And as for the planets it will surely happen on September 2040 but not in 2012... so the planet theory might possibly happen but there's still a chance that it wouldn't affect us as what I have said:
" The planets cannot and will not line up and it would not matter if they did. The orbits of the planets are tilted slightly in relation to each other so it can't happen. Every few dozen years the five visible planets will almost form up in a line and be visible in a small patch of the sky. Nothing happens. This will not happen in 2012, the next time will be in September 2040. The frauds and woo-woos will be out for that. Remember, you saw it here first. See the "Solar System Live" site. "

That's all :3

Oh ganun po ba? Wahahaha. I thought it was 2012 b/c wala ako nakitang 2040 na year dun sa isang post mo. razz
So I guess I don't get the 75k? D;  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:22 pm
oKirby

Hindi ko alam eh... Pero nag-effort ka emotion_c8

Mischievous Michael

Mischievous Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:25 pm
Actually po hindi po ako nag-sulat niyan na-kita ko rin po yan sa pag research ko sweatdrop Please don't take credit it For me hindi po akin yan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 pm
Ang comment ko.
Convincing yung mga prediksyon na sinabi ni oKirby.
Kaso ang galing nung counter ni xx-Mikez.
Kumbaga pa lang...
Kain muna ako...
Maya ko na icocontinue.
emotion_omnomnom  

Hiro Kageyama

Shy Shounen

13,575 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Mischievous Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:33 pm
Masyado ba akong taray pag mag debate??? I wanted to be a lawyer xd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:57 pm
Scientifically speaking, earth was created when the matter that surrounds the sun combined together. Its a long process that involves the collapse of the molecular clouds triggered by gravity. As you see, earth was created accidentally.

So a supernova hitting the earth, or sudden swift of the plate tectonics or whatever similar circumstance you can think of can destroy our beautiful planet, again by accident.

As to when this is gonna happen is the real question no one can ever answer.
The world is really gonna end. Maybe not too soon but who knows?  

JACKAL17 Extreme
Captain

Dangerous Sex Symbol

6,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Hiro Kageyama

Shy Shounen

13,575 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200