Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
RUNE WORKSHOP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:12 am
I think I take my inspiration for Thurisaz more from the OE poem than the others, as I do view it as a potentially negative or partially negative (or more accurately destructive), but with potential to help if you can use it right.

The part about the warrior seizing it, if you think about why a warrior would try to grab a thorn, it might be used as a weapon or it might be a warrior trying to fight someone who was wielding a thorn. And you might get hurt by it but it might be what you need to do, you might need to take that pain and that hurt in order to prevail in the situation.

I wonder if the women's sickness is a reference to menstruation (the 'sickness that comes only to women) and not just the generality of women getting sick.

One of my books suggests that the giants aren't evil in the traditional sense but more like chaotic forces of nature (contrasting to the Gods as a force of order), and I think that is more what Thurisaz is about: chaos and destruction but not necessarily evil.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:13 am
Hmm...I need to stop being slack and get reading...  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:55 pm
I've thought about menstruation. There's also childbed fever.

One of my early thoughts about lying among thorns (I mean.... why would you do that?) was actually related to getting caught out in a blizzard. When it's excessively cold you feel like you're spiked with thorns or needles, and eventually you just get tired and stop caring and lie down.  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:27 am
Now having read the material, I immediately thought menstruation too but childbed fever sounds logical too.
I never thought about the thorns you feel when you're cold. I was thinking more along the lines of...oh wait...that makes no sense any more. I really should stop reading the material so late at night.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:47 am
Oh, that is a very good thought (about laying down in the cold)...that is a horribly prickly sensation  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm
I think we'll stay with Thurisaz until everyone is caught up and has had their chance to go through the first two runes and make their comment on Thurisaz. There was so much support for the idea but only a few of us have actually been commenting in the thread.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:33 am
I'd comment and read more...but the exams are only two weeks away... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 am
I am back home now, so ready to continue smile  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers