Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar the Last Airbender: [Spirit's Wrath]

Back to Guilds

Roleplay Guild based off of Avatar the Last Airbender 

Tags: Roleplay, Martial Arts, Avatar, Airbender, ATLA 

Reply [FR] Caldera
The Fire Nation Academy [Training Grounds] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:35 am
The lemur looked up from his apple at Jay and paused for a moment, studying him. Then it dropped the apple and jumped onto Jays arm, clearly missing the hand, he crawled over the his left shoulder perching himself up lightly sniffing around him. He recognized his scent, it was closely related to Jethro's.

Seth - Flying Lemur

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:25 pm
Sun Bei Tian

"I'm packing a lot of heat..."

⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹

Sun started to look at the scroll, eager because of his newfound recognition and rank. He would now begin to focus on the first stage of Fireboxing. [8 Posts]

Sun began to study the scroll. This was mostly to get the mental picture down. He could see that the style would rely on quick pacing, a strong stance, and little movement save for dodges. The breathing he had done earlier would help him with this. [1/8]

Next, he stood and began to take the stance. He wouldn't apply chi or anything, but just practice the motion. He started off with his legs, which were spaced evenly and bent for stability. He tested his ability to quickly move and shuffle, and he found it to be quite easy [2/8]

Sun started to throw slow punches, just to get the form down. He started slow, so he could get the muscle memory down, and soon started putting more muscle into it. He was almost rhythmic in the movements now. [3/8]

Moving on to another aspect, Sun began to practice the defense. He swayed slightly back and forth, letting his arms snap into position. He held them in front of him, almost like two shields. He knew he would have to get bracers soon...but still, the defensive blocks were easy [4/8]

Sun would start to move onto the movement of the style. He made sure he was steady and planted in his style, and started with basic stepping and shuffling. His constant moving would be good for dodging incoming attacks, and he used the breathing exercises from earlier to help the constant movement. [5/8]

Sun began to pull off cartwheels and the best flips he could muster. Hops and lunges followed. After each step and movement, he would recover back into the original stance. It was a very easy one to quickly establish, he discovered. [6/8]

After a little bit, he moved to the actual armament. Sun walked into a small training shed and looked around inside. He found two bracers made of leather and metal and put them on. To his satisfaction, they fit. [7/8]

Walking back out, he started to combine each aspect he practiced. He shadow-fought with a non-existant opponent and blocked their attacks, as well as shuffling and cartwheeling to avoid them, all the while throwing punches in between. He had mastered Stage 1. [8/8]

⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹

"...and I really...really...don't want to use it."

User Image

Firebender ☩ Novice

Chi: 500/500

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:40 pm
thefire158

jedimastersonic

User ImageUser Image

User Image
[◊XXJXAXYXXAXOXXLXIXNXX◊]

[FIREBENDER] ⊡ [FIRELORD] ⊡ [FIRENATION] ⊡ [ADEPT]

["To perish within the flame...

Jay chuckled as Seth "studied" him, downright adorable, he gave the lemur a light pet on the head as he continued to watch Sun's progress, it was going well.

...is only given to unjust and the wicked."]

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:48 pm
Seth lightly purred, having his head pet was enjoyable to him. He climbed ontop Jays head and looked at Sun as he practiced, as if expecting something interesting and special to happen .

Seth - Flying Lemur

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:01 pm
Sun Bei Tian

⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹

Sun walked over to Jay and gave a slight salute again. "I got stage one down...I was going to ask if you could demonstrate the moves of the stage to me. I feel like it would make me understand them more quickly." He suggested. Just to get the stage down was hard.

⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹

User Image

Firebender ☩ Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:02 pm
Kai started on his next lessons, having seen enough from the bender who had been teaching the princess before to copy from that. Of course, this stage of his training was his least liked for a few reasons. It required strong, controlled, and bursting movements like he was fighting someone(1/9). Taking the proper stance, as he was taught at a young age by his relatives before they left, he tightened his muscles in his whole body and let his guard down. Firebending was never really made to defend. For the most part, it had always evolved being on the offensive side(2/9). As a person who was never too emotional and mostly sinister, he could never conjure up the intensity most firebenders needed to create stronger flames at once. Instead he used his “Strive to Evolve”, his ambition, to fuel his heat instead of pure, raw feelings. His skin felt like it was getting hotter as if he was ill(3/9). This heat began to gather into his chest, his lunges, as his chi became more concentrated after he had already excited it around his body. When it had gathered, he let it out. Punching, he launched a fireball out of his fist as he sent out a portion of the gathered chi(4/9). Using the rest of his chi, he created a connection with his flames, letting him chain it down with an invisible force and move the energy as he pleased. Switching its movements into a circular motion using centrifugal force, Kai pulled the “chain” and motioned it around him(5/9). With this, a ring of fire was formed around him like an arena for a deathmatch. Slamming his fist down to the ground, the flames rose above his head and more. As this happened, he stretched both arms out with a wide stance, then twisted and pivoted on his right foot into a swirl(6/9). His hands closed in as he did this, moving in a spiral-like motion. The flames twisting and swirling around him as they all concentrated themselves between his palms, Kai brang his locked hands to his armpit and then burst them both forward. The heat built up suddenly exploded forward in a fiery horizontal tornado(7/9). “Flames to create more flames. The only element that has the ability to grow; fire,” Kai noted in his head, the chi making him somewhat dizzy since he actually felt serious about his training. Going back to the basics to help him relieve some stress, Kai stood unmoving and simply put a hand on his chest(8/9). Taking a deep breath in, then out through his mouth, Kai was able to redistribute and release his extra chi and energy to put him back into his usual mindset, which was ironically not usual at all. “Ha, bending is a lot like drugs, huh? Making you all tired and out of it and whatnot,” he mused as he caught his breath, having used more chi than his stamina permit(9/9).  

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150

Sergeant Bloodhound

Distinct Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 pm
thefire158

(I don't think you need to have someone teach you each move, just one demonstration should be enough to learn everything in the stage, I think.)  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 am
Kuzon

User Image

Kuzon landed at the training grounds and the dragon that dropped him and Bao off flew away. As everyone else seem to like do there own thing Kuzon walked towards Jay, "I'm guessing I passed since I'm alive; I heard pro bending is starting soon can you teach me some fire boxing please?.

ooc; I want to learn up to stage 2 fire boxing and traditional  

Quaylan

Genius

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Jay simply nodded and prepared himself to show them the first stage movements of Fire Boxing, he showed them the movements of the style, flames went ablaze all throughout the area and it seemed certain that the first stage was indeed easy. When Jay finished, he inhaled and then exhaled as a sign of finishing the styles usage. He then handed, the ones who wished to learn, arm bracers and leg guards. He had set Seth down to show them and then picked him back up once he was finished, having a seat. He set Seth on top of his head and scratched underneath his chin gently.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm
Seth purred while jay scratched under his chin, enjoying it, his left foot started pumping almost like a dog's, only slightly slower. Seth liked having attention, not to say he never got it, but this was different.

Seth - Flying Lemur

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

Quaylan

Genius

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:03 pm
Kuzon

User Image

The young fire bender watched as the Fire lord stood and placed the Lemur safely away from the flames. As Jay demonstrated the boxing style Kuzon paid deep attention to it and made sure he didn't miss anything. It seemed as if he didn't blink what, so ever he was fully focused on studying Jay's movement. Just when the fire lord was done he picked up the Lemur and gently placed it back in his lap. With that being done Kuzon placed his hand on the ground and his Fire Ferret Bao ran down his arm. After that Kuzon walked towards Jay and grabbed the arm bracers and leg guards; the fire bender put on the guards and bracers and began to practice. The young fire bender was pretty athletic, lean, and agile although that may be the case he felt that he should be a bit more stronger. Therefore, Kuzon started to do push ups until he started to get tired which lasted a long time and then he started doing pull ups on tree branches. He then gently landed back on the ground and did some sit ups. After hours of physical training Kuzon decided to some mental training and he mediated quietly to himself. He breathed slowly as he tried to calm his mind trying to spiritual get in touch with his self. He then stood up and felt he was ready to try the techniques now.

The first thing he would need to learn is the fighting stance which included his left being behind his right foot being slightly to the side. He then had has torso bent a tad bit forward and had his hands covering his body and his face like "i's". Kuzon felt extremely comfortable in this stance he practiced dodging and doing flips to maneuver out of danger.

The next skill required his bracers and it was a defense move so it's always good to have one of those. Kuzon engulfed his bracer with fire and he then shoot a fire ball at the bracer and the technique he used for his bracer voided out his fire ball. He found this technique very important to have and may save him a couple of times.

Almost the most important technique in the skill was the punching because he couldn't win if he couldn't strike his enemy. Kuzon quickly got into his stance having his left leg slightly to the side positioned behind his right legt and having his arms protect his body and head as his torso was bent a tad bit foward. He did three quick jabs and he generated three mediocre fire balls.

The next skill involved his kicking ability which was really good, but the skill wasn't as fast as the jabs but it didn't lack power like the jabs did. Kuzon jumped forward into the air doing a spinning back kick and a wall of fire came out. It was a powerful technique indeed.

The last technique was another defense technique. Kuzon coated his entire body with a fiery blanket and did a dodge roll. The skill was mainly used to get from space to space without being hurt.

Kuzon was done with the first stage of fire boxing and he then waited for Jay, so he can learn the next stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 am
JETHRO
Callen

User Image
Fire is will.

Seth looked and saw Jethro walking back and jumped off jay flying over to jethro and landing on his shoulders and crawled around and licked his cheeck. Jethro smiled at Seth's greeting and scratched behind his ashe walked over to Jay. "I'm back, I think possibly it could have gone better. But still i defeated the dragon." he said raising the fang.

My will is never fading

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

The Town Taunts Hadou

Hilarious Werewolf

4,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image

"Excellent Kuzon and Excellent work Jethro, you are now a Novice!" He said with a smile, he then turned to Kuzon and grinned, "onto the next stage, lets get started," Jay began by kicking his leg out and sending a medium-sized fireball from the complete sole of his foot, he then punch forward with both fists and sent flames out from both fists, next, he punched and kicked outward with his left leg and fist, sending flames outward which then merged into one large flame. Jay finally punched forward in a quick rapid jab succession, these flames then moved out and became of wall of flames that would defend.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:12 am
JETHRO
Callen

User Image
Fire is will.

Seth put the fang away in a safe spot in his possession. He considered it more then a prize, it was a reminder. He looked at the moves Jay did and it excited him to get anywhere near his level. A goal he planned on reaching and surpassing. " Well now that I've acomplished, what is the goal of the next stage. I want to learn everything I can so i can refine skills for when i am able to advance." He said, while half being distracted by seth jumping off, apparently headingover to the coat he'd left earlier.

My will is never fading

FireBender :: Novice

jedimastersonic

Dangerous Guildsman

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200

thefire158

Dangerous Capitalist

3,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm
Sun Bei Tian

⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹

Sun watched him explain the moves and would begin after him. He would start with the moves after putting on the guards. He first started with the bracer defense. Putting fiery chi on it, he swung it. The air hit it at a certain velocity and flame erupted from the gauntlets. Easy enough. Moving on to the Star Fist, he put chi in there too, much like the Traditional fireball. He snapped off rapid punches, each letting off chi and creating fireballs. They were very quick. Once he got that rhythm down, he looked at the Belt Kick and tried it. Putting chi all across his foot and shin, he kicked out sharply. A stream of fire erupted and he did this a few times to get the rhythm and timing down. Within moments, he was shooting kicks and punches of fire, perfectly in sync. Finally, he needed the comet roll. All he had to do was put chi across his back and neck and roll. The movement sparked flame as he dived across the ground and recovered. Sun ceased his training and sat down, exhausted. These things were simple, but exhausting.

⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹⊹

User Image

Firebender ☩ Novice

(Argh! My motivation!)  
[FR] Caldera

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers