Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World is Ours // CLOSED

Back to Guilds

The roleplay haven. Join for endless fun~ 

Tags: Roleplaying, Literate, Fantasy, Action, Adventure 

Reply {{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}
The Firmament of Avelle (Accepting / Starting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miera42
Crew

Unbeatable Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:55 pm
Of ice, wind, and forest

~*~

Lost in thought, Selani forgot a crucial downstroke, and lost altitude. (Oh sand scales...) she cussed slightly, rising again and turning her neck to look behind her at Ackear. (Truly? Then you must have had a long time alone, even surrounded by beating hearts.) Flipping along her length, Selani spun circles and barrelrolls around the other dragon. (I may not have been as alone as long, possibly, but I do miss windchasing. Might be hard to enjoy with two only, but want to give it a try? Or did you not have windchasing in the desert?) she wanted to know. There was a serious sense to her mental voice that couldn't be hid, though it was calm, implying control or not a strong feeling. But she was honestly curious, "windchasing" basically tag in the air, but the goal wasn't to "tag" people to be "it", you tried to ride on someone else's wake without them knowing. It could also be played in teams, with people watching and calling out warnings to their team members. It was a good way to learn flying exercises, and worked great for hunts. (Speaking of...) Tone thoughtful, Selani banked away from Ackear, tightening her wings to her body as she spun in a controled fall down below, landing as a full-clothed biped. She turned to face behind her while the cart with supplies and men caught up. Speaking with the head of the small company for a moment, Selani got a running start. She was faster than expected, why apparent as she jumped up surrounded by hair whipping in the wind. Flipping, as she spun around to face forward her form shimmered, and she was in scales again. Falling back to be a bit closer to Ackear, Selani pointed off in a certain direction. (Care for fish at all? We're coming close to the lake of Gha'nea.)

~*~

I am Selani K'Thanuk, Asaosh

General OoC:
Yay for making up stuff -_-; maybe I should just draw a map so people'd know wth I'm talking about...lol

PrincessMaharea

Tytun

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:20 pm
User Image
"Alyessa" :: General Sagittarius

I have no home, the sky is my roof, the earth my bedding.
I have no love, the sun keeps me warm as any lover would.
I have no family, my heart and the gaia is my salvation.

Alyessa stood now in the quiet of the hot sands facing the Al Giedi caravans that had been blocked from entering the city. She narrowed her eyes, carefully stepping from her horse, standing tall, removing her bow as it turned to its own throwing knife which she now sheathed as she approached, making sure all could see it, a symbol of a general, one that they stepped aside for as she approached the main gates.

"What is the meaning of this disturbance."

"Lady General-" The men had paused to bow a bit before looking to her once more: "We sent for a general some time ago, we thought none would come. We've set a blockade here to prevent all supplies from entering the city, the assassins guild here, mam', the people tire of it, of living amongst killers and thieves!"

"These Assassins have the royal seal, and permission to do business under military action only, it is not by choice of the people that they are here. If you are displeased with your place of living, then relocate. Until such a time, I will be forced to bring you all to Upsilon in chains for disrupting the well being of Al Giedi."

Alyessa spoke calmly, her voice monotone and unforgiving for this foolish behaviour. The Assassins guild has been here for some time now, why should it pose a problem now, unless the work of rebels were involved... then perhaps starving them out would not be a bad idea, but she could not make such an assumption, not without proof. She looked to the Gemini.

"Come."

Alyessa planned then to lead them on to the great halls of Al Giedi, it was time to look deeply into these rumors of rebels here. Though she was not obliged to take any violent moves, this was simply to look, not to touch, unless certain things obliged her to...

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500

Alyavin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:06 am
User ImageUser Image
Rinne & Finris

The Gemini
User Image

The twins nodded in unison, both finding it strange that there would be a minor rebellion here where the rebels were, surely it could not just be over the assassins? Maybe it was a ploy, a way of warning the rebels within of a generals presence? They still doubted this minor event. Rin looked over towards her brother smiling to some woman in the crowd as she hit him in the head, getting him interested once more into what was going on as they followed behind Alyessa, causing Rin to hit fin once more as she saw her brother gazing on the woman inappropriately once more as he smiled to his sister, one would swear she was jealous of all other women, cute. The two smiled to one another, the Gemini relic shining as the two became one and walked beside Alyessa, the new form they held was a looker of both of their appearances, an unsure neutrality between her and him, and an intimate situation for the pair that felt the need to dim down their behaviour to save themselves the wrath of the apathetic Sagittarius.

Though within them a fire and a battle raged between the two as within the mind of the one they spoke. they fought, they laughed, they whispered and adored. No one could ever quite understand the love and hate the two had for each other. No one knew of the lies they told and the truths they would bend together. Sharing a bed one moment and the next spilling each others blood. Constantly looking for one way or another to one up the other or make the other fell less of a being, it was their goal in life to make this cycle, and expand it.

"So, tell us Sagittarius, what is it we are looking for?"

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:37 am
User Image

Alyessa did not answer the Gemini at first, entering the fortress city as the caravans had entered in behind and business continued as usual from the barricade she had broken up, a strange one that it had been there, it had no reasoning for being there, so why was this an issue? She looked about carefully as she took a walk throughout the city, still not answering the Gemini before reaching a large outside balcony as she turned then to the Gemini.

"We are here to look only, there is to be no movements made unless we are otherwise told, or if immediate danger comes to our attention."

Alyessa spoke precisely as her eyes darted to some of the citizens here whispering and peering over towards them, but they broke up quickly at seeing Alyssa's cold stare that threatened them for the mere thought of perhaps trying something, but it unsettled her, and made her believe they had walked right into the hornets nest, one filled with assassins, ones that only killed for pay, but perhaps they had indeed been paid.

"I grow uneasy here. I fear our assumptions have been correct. That perhaps our assassins no longer live in the light of the empire."

The empire, tha assassins, they had a soild agreement between each other. But the moment they moved against the empire, her empire, her royal family, all that which she had promised to protect and love, she would smite them and erase them from not just existence, but the history of the wolrd. Her wrath was not one to toy with.

"Moments longer, then perhaps we will send word further."

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500

Alyavin

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Rinne & Finris

The Gemini
User Image

The Gemini split once more, Rin looking to Alyessa more seriously as Fin choose to wander around and take a look at the fortress. Rin was sure she was not as attuned to the surroundings as the rabbit, but she was aware of the glares and soft speaking of the otherwise rowdy thieves. It did seem all a bit strange. That would mean they've blindly crossed enemy lines, this might get messy if they don't leave. If the assassins weren't on the empires side any more, that would mean they were the number one target here.

"I'm not even sure I want to be here any longer. It's clear we're not wanted here. Maybe we should just return to Upsilon..."

Rin looked about then before seeing Rin returning after having wandered off, the look on his face matching: "Save for the desert flower women, I agree. If theres anything at all here, we will not be finding it, not now when we've made ourselves so obviously known as generals."

"They will hide, we are a threat, and now a target."

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:43 am
User Image

His Highness and Majesty the Crowned Prince
- Ard Rexus Caldesir Alderanim -

It was a bright, sunfilled day. The weather was dry, the wind was blowing, and the sky was blue.

"It's such a beautiful day, is it not?" Rexus asked his left hand bodyguard "Yessir! Indeedly so sir!" the Bodyguard replied. "The day is beautiful indeed."
Rexus nodded and panned his sight over the plaza. He and two of his bodyguards were taking a walk in the streets of Upsilon. Simply to see his people and stretch the joints.

"Please Novus, no need to be so polite. I, as your prince, am your friend. You may speak to me as an equal." Rexus said while still observing the people on the streets. "I cannot, sir- it'd feel innappropriate in-" the bodyguard ceased his words when a group of children ran up to the prince.

"Halt!" both bodyguards uttered while raising their hands towards the children. "Prince Rexus! General Taurus! General Taurus!" the children yelled when they were stopped by the two bodyguards.

"What is it, children?" Prince Rexus stepped towards the children and squatted down to meet them eye to eye. "P-prince Rexus, we h-heard that you play instruments! Can you play something for us? P-pretty please?" one of the children asked, mumbling.
Prince Rexus turned towards his bodyguards, and then looked back at the children, smiling gently. "Why of course! Though sadly, I didn't bring any of my instruments today... Say, why don't you run over there and buy a violin from that man over there?" he pointed at one of the stands in the bazaar that sold musical instruments. "This should suffice for a good violin." he handed over 30 gold coins to one of the children, a little girl.

"Yessir!" she said and ran over to the tent. As she came back, she held a most excellent violin in her hands, complete with golden linings and carvings nicely framed around on it.

"Now that's a nice violin..." Rexus spoke as the girl handed it over to him. "What will you have me play?" he gently asked, as she retreated a little backwards and blushed.

All of the children had sat down, and each of them yelled one title after another.
"Play the Hero of Upsilon!"
"No, the Winds of Change!"
"Nono! Play the Witch of the Carpet!"
"Nay! Play the Violin Musceteer!"
All of the children yelled in unison, each with a different play in mind. The Prince couldn't really let any of the children overrule eachother, but he'd wish that they'd at least agree to one song. Only the girl that brought him the violin was silent. She was also the only one standing.
"What is wrong, little girl? Do you not wish to request a song?" the Prince asked.
"Uhm... I'd- I'd be okay with something that you made yourself.... if you d-don't mind..." she blushingly spoke, while looking downwards, at the ground.

"I see! And so I shall!" the Prince replied joyfully. He liked all of the requests, but this one was the best. Rexus loved to play something new, and making something up on the spot was an excellent idea. "Please, distance yourself, but don't lose sight. I need space for the children." He said to his bodyguards, as he lifted the violin to play. The bodyguards reluctantly moved away a little while still holding guard.

As Rexus began to play his makeshift melody, he opened his mouth and began to sing.

There once was
A city they called
The city o~f the mo~untain
This city's name, this city's name
o, this city's name, yes it was
Nashi~ra
Yes, the city's name was
Na-shi-ra~

But then, but then
the grand storms thundered,
the grand Gods blundered and
Na~shira fell, yes Na~shira fell

And then, and then
The humans that came
They travelled - they tra~velled
from a far-away land

They took the land,
they took the land
and named it anew
they named it anew

The new name of
this pla~ce
the new name of
this pla~ce

The name of this place
was Upsilon,
Yes the name of this place
was Upsilon
T'was Up-si-lon.

O Upsilon, o Upsilon
the land of the field,
the land of the people
O Upsilon, o Upsilon

The Great land of Upsilon
that shines with its glory
O Upsilon, o Upsilon.
The great land of Peace~.

"Fin." Rexus said as he finished his song and the children began clapping and cheering.

"CHILDREN! C'mere, ya damned fools! That's His Majesty, the Crowned Prince! Pay some respect!" a woman yelled as she ran towards the children and tried to drag them along with her. "I am so deeply sorry, Your Majesty, they're but children!" she uttered while distancing herself and her children.

"Please, mother of these lovely children. They asked me to play instruments, and so I did. They did nothing unruly. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, in fact, t'was fun." Rexus spoke as he walked over to the woman "Do you fear me? Or do you fear the Empire? The King mayhaps?" He said softly while touching the woman's right shoulder. "You shouldn't. Don't fear us- for we are those who protect you and feed you bread and water." He handed the violin over to the young girl that had bought it. "Here, this violin is now yours. Become great, will you?" blushing, the girl grabbed hold of the violin and pressed it to her chest- she then began smiling and looked up towards the Prince. "Yes! I'll do my best, ki- Prince Rexus!"

The words allowed Rexus to smile even more, as he turned back to the woman. "'It's the Rebellion you should fear, not the Empire. We stand by our people as Adamant Golems and Golden Archangels, protecting them from harm. Should the Resistance appear, they may slaughter anyone they come across. And not I nor the royalty of Upsilon nor the Firmament want that."

He nodded as he raised the woman's right hand and placed a small bag of gold in her hand. "For your children. Feed them, make them strong. And of course, you- stay strong, the Empire guards all of you. Good day." Rexus said as he turned back to his guards and waved them to follow him.

"Come, Novus, Vyurt. Let us keep walking and not bother these folks anymore, shall we? Don't forget the courier that arrives today." Rexus said, as they walked towards the city gates and the children waving and saying goodbyes to the Prince.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I suck at writing lyrics. Refer to the first page for his highness' bio ;')  

GoingRogue
Vice Captain

Vruez
Vice Captain

High-functioning Snowflake

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:18 am
User Image

✦ Eσ Cαяиεsiя Aʟםєяαмiи ✦

.:: General Aries | Leader of the Resistance | A Prince in Exile ::.

The steady staccato of a clap. And another. And the hawk took flight.

Petals, smouldering and powerful as copper, unfurling with a resounding promise of sheer force. A dark flower, blossoming into the crimson horizon. A snarl of a wing. An imperial command. The shimmering desert wind rising to support its lord of the skies.

"Arkana."

The unbridled passion. The unrequited force. The unrestrained liberty.

"May Andromeda be with you."

Darkness was known to hide. Darkness would not reveal the slow clenching of the fists, nor the burning glare, penetrating, like hawk-claws. Hungry. Powerful. A hawk in an iron cage.

Sometimes, obscurity was a blessing. Sometimes.

The darkness inside the Castle would be intimidating, but inviting still, like the comfort of a child's bed. It was only intermittently that the enveloping wonders would part, and a scornful eye or a raised finger would take its place before the young lad.

The king had left an heir and a spare. Or so they said.

He did not understand. He would not understand.

Seasons came. Seasons passed. Unbidden. He grew to realise the world of sovereigns. The many tricks and disturbances that the young minds need to pass through before being considered an equal at the court of man.

At times, it is as smooth as a snow-clad river.
Other times, the thorns would not relent to claw at tender flesh.

He found himself alone. The oppressing darkness. The turmoil of time. The A single moment of weakness, and it would be all but futile . He learnt to identify darkness, and unfriendly light. He learnt to light his steps. The ember of secret will. His sole trust was in Andromeda, and her blessed trinket. His greatest asset. His greatest weakness. And through the covers of the encasing dark velvet, the sharp glint of the impeccable edges was unmistakable. Andromeda's diamond. Blinding as the sun's early rays.

Lonesome.
But never alone...

An approval. A final seal to the semblance of his will.

He was raised under deep shadows of gratitude. Fate had made a plaything of his birth-rights. A rustle of frail, withered leaves facing a storm . His most trivial desires shredded, divided and ignored by the man he shared half his blood with. The curious deceiver whose smile was as gentle as the breeze, and yet as sharp as a double-edged sword.

The man he hated...

And yet, his identity was bound to this man, like the prey bound to the clutches of its predator.

The crown prince's brother.

Darkness fell over Al Geidi. The evening breeze cooed in symphony with the clear twilight. His hopes rested with Arkana, and the beautiful changeling he had learnt to trust.

The one honoured as the Kingdom's chief assassin. An useful tool. A faithful instrument that could trigger a multitude of possibilities, and he claimed only one. A weapon of deadly trust. Just like her opal sting. Wild and vicious, a beauty with the wilderness in its eyes . An effective shield against an effective enemy...

Arkana's dark feathers shrouded a piece of parchment.

" How goes it, my poison ivy ? "

He was meant to be the spare one.

The illegitimate son.

User Image

PoppiHollaPuddelz

GoingRogue

Z4nz1b4r

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:56 am
User Image

Alyessa was unsure if she wanted to be here any more, having the sudden feeling of being out numbered and cornered in this place. One of her ears moved a bit, catching the word 'viera' before then silence. She gazed to the direction, more whispering and scattering of citizens. It was a moment that she felt awkward, but it quickly moved on when a hostile feeling took over instead. She understood she was strange to look at for many, a viera was a very rare sight outside of their home wilderness, and many had never even seen one. But it did not change the fact that she was not some prized animal for them to stare at. A part of her wished to hide from their gaze, another part of her wished to rip the flesh from their faces. But she kept her stand, she was a general, not a hateful child.

She looked about then, eyes examining, ears moving just slightly as she had entered back into Al Geidi from the expansive balcony. Into a great hall where there were many as she looked about, moving slowly, cautiously, as a deer would through the realm of the hunter. It was a bit crowded, drinks being shared and hot food clouded her sensitive nose, and loud noises of laughing and the singing of drunks were covering her ears. This great hall was a busy one indeed, filled with citizens where any rebellion need not attack.

Alyessa felt that every moment they were here, they drew closer to danger, she wished to go, but she did not want to return to her prince without results, without proof other than her suspicious. Though she was confident that her prince did not doubt her abilities of sensing these kind of things, it was not a practical way of proposing something as big as rebellion. Then: "Rabbit!" As clear as day, an insult as she turned to face the drunken man that had yelled this to her in just enough time to avoid the strange fruit that flew past her, being meant for her face she was sure. She looked back to the man who smiled nervously and ran.

"I grow tired of this place. It has always been far too much for my full understanding."

Alyessa turned and snatched at a man's wrist when she felt someone graze their hands against her ears, bending them back, but it halted when she turned and snatched his wrist.

"Please stop it."

She felt another pair of hands grasp her ears this time, angering her even more, thieves most likely as their crude hands pushed her around as she tried to hold back, not to hurt them or frighten them. But the were most likely looking for pets to keep.

"I command you now, stop it!"

She reached for the dagger then as it shifted into its full glory as the bow and the men all stood back suddenly as she threatened them, her pink eyes now a dark red gleam as she growled.

"I will not be touched by the hands of thieves..."

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500

Alyavin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:04 am
User ImageUser Image
Rinne & Finris

The Gemini
User Image

The Gemini had followed their fellow general then, pushing away the thieves together, standing by her as the two became one once more, staring down all these thieves about them that had grabbed at Alyessa. Perhaps she was right, it was time to leave this place, return to Upsilon and get away from these thieves that would grab at her and threaten her. After a long moment the two parted again, standing by her to protect or help her in any way she needed. Fin spoke first to her: "I'm thinking now is a good time to leave."

"And what do we tell the prince?"

"We'll worry about it when we return to tUpsilon, but the longer we're here I feel the greater the trouble is."

Fin looked to Alyessa before looking back to the thieves and possible assassins as he stood with his sister in a threatening manner.

"Should we go now, Sagittarius?"

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:56 am
User Image
|:|| Astrid Garde:|: of Alsharin Estersand |:
|:|| Royal Chief Assassin :|: Scorpio|:
------------------------------------------
Dusty glows dampened the sharpness of the setting sun, and the canyon was solid gold. Leaves crunched underfoot, withered dancers carelessly broken.
She wheeled twice, touched with the same icy thrill as that memory of a warm spring day. Drifted longingly towards the flaming wisps of cloud. Dropped the wild dream and her wings. From beside her, a tawny dash arced out, death-defying and dizzying. Brushed with fiery hues, he was a sight – inspiration for a phoenix. Only jealousy registered, resolute in her brain. Just another changeling – an acquaintance from her clan. No lover’s or friend’s emotions could soften his conceit.
She could swear he’d touched the clouds.
And all eyes were watching, interest forever piqued. Heard the nervous breath of wind. Crumpled wing illuminated in the dying light, his majestic form spun once, twice – and plummeted out of view.
It had been his first flight, and his last. The canyons were deep, shadowed crevasses. No-one would see him, spread-eagled and shattered on the sparkling rock some hundred kilometers below. None would see his golden end.
The tears never came. The world still turned, and Astrid’s canyons were as beautiful and mysterious as ever. But sometimes, in a solemn slice of moonlight, over silver rocks, she’d wonder: what better way to die?
Bridges were a link between people, places, the afterthought that brought them closer or stretched the distance in between into thousands of insurmountable miles. Artificial. An interruption. Sometimes, she’d wonder would happen if outsiders came and bridged her canyons, linking the golden glory of those heights. A sunset would become mundane. It would lull her people into a false sense of security.
For Astrid, the canyons had always been a mentor. Harsh and unforgiving to the slightest of errors, but embracing her far-reaching curiousity. There was an endless expanse to stretch her wings in, tunnels to run through. To enter as a child, to emerge experienced and wise as an Elder.
The bird had come in on silent wings, barely another living accessory to adorn the Prince’s gardens. A streak of fierce amber, a slash from the sky. From the wound in the sky, the day’s last sputtering breaths leaked out. Sporadic, as it slowly succumbed to the encroaching blue shadows.
Frost crept in, trailing across the walls and bringing whispers. A message. Slowly, unblinkingly, the glow of life stole closer, beckoning. Impatient after the short wait.
A flutter of fingers, paper rustling lightly as leaves on a breeze. Though it had never interested her, Astrid felt the note form shapes, stories. It resolved itself into a four-pointed star, a crude compass with a battered, crumpled left edge. Stole into a vacated chamber close by, only to let the quill make its mark. A dagger. Al Geidi.
And the bird was off again, fading into malevolent twilight. One feather remained, dropped back into the pen-stand.
Astrid’s gaze roamed, following the hawk. Soon, she would shift forms again, and join her fellow winged messenger in the darkening skies.

˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗˗

Vruez

GoingRogue

Z4nz1b4r

Angstbucket Edgelord
Captain

Shadowy Phantom

GoingRogue
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 am
User Image

- Ard Rexus Caldesir Alderanim -

As Rexus and his two bodyguards, Novus and Vyurt, closed in on the city gates, the two bodyguards felt an inexplainable chill running down their spines. They only knew that there was a courier arriving at the gates, yet they didn't know what the courier brought, and even so, they felt as though the air was slightly getting colder and... eerie- filled with malicious wildness and ravagery.

"Sir? One question, if I may" Vyurt said in a light manner.
"You may, of course" replied the Prince calmly. He knew what the guard was going to say, as he too felt the chilling, frightful wind coming from the city gates. "I am curious as to what's in the courier, sir. This malice I feel is unmistakenly coming from the direction of the city gates, and if there's an Resistance ambush waiting--" he was interrupted by Prince Rexus' hand grabbing his shoulder, and the three stopped walking.

"Don't worry. What's arriving with the courier is only here to assist our cause and the Empire. It is nothing to be afraid of- although "fear" would be a natural reaction to what's coming today." he now grabbed Novus' shoulder as well "I understand how you feel about this uneasy eeriness coming from the gates. If you don't wish to carry on to the gates, you may dismiss. If you still wish to join, stay firm."

As the prince finished his pep-talk, he kept on walking towards the gates while the two guards were still firm in their stance. "Hey Vyurt, I feel just as uneasy as you do, but if the Prince says that it's nothing of harm, then we should go on. I mean, look at the Prince- he even said so himself, he feels the same as we do, yet he keeps going. Since we're his bodyguards, we should be just as bold as His Majesty, right?" Novus spoke to Vyurt, as he tapped his shoulder and moved on to escort Rexus. After a slight pause, Vyurt nodded and followed the two men down towards the city gates.

As the three men were closing in on the Great Gate Plaza, a great deal of wailing could be heard. Words such as "What on earth is this?" and "By the Zodiacs!" could be clearly interpreted in the noise. The Prince's two bodyguards quickly readied themselves for combat, but were once again interrupted by the Prince. "Do not worry. Like I said, there's no Resistance here. No ambushes. They would never dare, not with the things that I now have attained."

As they arrived at the plaza, Novus and Vyurt were just as shocked as one'd expect. For today, the plaza didn't contain a load of people and a small courier. Today was a day of awe.

On the plaza was a collection of foreigners standing in attention - Svartr clad in battle armour. Behind them, foreign beasts stood, also clad in battle-ready plating, and in the middle of it all was a humungously large cage filling another cage, with no holes to show what was inside.

"Behold, awe and respect!" Prince Rexus shouted towards the people in the plaza, while raising his right hand to the sky as to greet the Svartr warriors. "Come, my bodyguards." he said to Novus and Vyurt. "Your Highness, what in the Zodiac's name are those?" Novus spoke, filled with a fix of terror and awe.

"They are a few new assets that I "procured" through a skirmish lead to topple a certain Esotan warlord. What you see now are some of the beasts they had that were still unharmed when his flag fell and we were victorious."

Prince Rexus greeted what seemed to be the commander of the Svartr warriors, a bald man with beautiful, esthetic armour. His arms and neck was filled with jewely, and from his hips hanged a couple of sabres. The two of them spoke in Svartr language for over two minutes, before they shaked hands and the Svartr returned to stand in attention.

"What you see, Novus, Vyurt...." Rexus said while crossing his arms at his chest, clearly proud in his posture. "These creatures here are what will hold our ground should the Resistance ever feel to attack us. Beware, that many of these beasts tasted the flesh of hundreds of our troops, yet they were still unharmed, or less than wounded, by the end of the battle." as the Prince spoke, the two bodyguards stood still in awe, their hearts racing and throats swallowing spit. "These things, rode by grandly skilled beastmasters, originate deep inside the Estersands: The Krokophamus- consumer of man."
His head nodded in the direction of the frontmost beasts, a frightful monster comprising of a hippopotamus with a head shaped like a crocodile's. They counted to fifteen Krokophamus, and each and every one of them were about 10 meters in length and 5 meters tall. A few of those in the back had steel shackles attached to the gigantic cage.

"Then we have the even more dangerous Bronze Zebraphant- truly a beast amongst beasts." his hand now pointed towards four elephant-like monstrosities, stretching over 17 meters in height and 11 meters length.
Their fur was naturally painted in a zebra like white and bronze pattern, and they housed a hut on their backs in which the riders resided, with a few seats for passengers as well. The four Zebraphants were equally placed around the cage in the middle, and were connected to it through very thick steel shackles connected to their saddles.

"Now you might be wondering what's inside the cage. Allow me to inform you that the cage is made out of a steel and adamantium composite, then covered by hardened wood and oak boards, which is then framed by the same composite metal that the inner cage is made of. Which makes the cage virtually indestructible. Now, the reason why, is because the beast within... is terrifying."
A chill ran down the spine of both Vyurt and Novus, and Vyurt reluctantly spoke in reply. "then... then what's inside?"

"A beast they call a "Behemoth". It is only a puppy, but it stretches over 30 meters in height, as you can see by the cage's length. Yes, it is tranquilized, otherwise, it'd be in a blind, uncontrollable rage inside, making it almost impossible to balance and carry the cage." Prince Rexus turned towards his two bodyguards, as a cold sweat ran down his forehead.
"Most people say this beast isn't even from our world. Some people call it a demon- although the title fits, it's still only a mammal. And I can truly tell why they call it an otherwordly being."

Both bodyguards hiccoughed and looked at each other with a worried look "If this thing truly is as dangerous as you say, then where will it be stored? Why will it be neccesary to keep such a vile beast?" Novus uttered, clearly shaken by the description. He had heard stories of the behemoth before, and indeedly so, legends speak of its sudden appearance as mysterious and its might as unwordly.

"Assurance, my friend. The behemoth will be a last-line-of-defence should everything seem lost. Also, should the Resistance by any chance discover our little "pet", it'll scare them off, nullifying all offensive morale and render their forces too scared to attack us. Unless they're a bunch of hardheaded fools, of course." Rexus said calmly, while tapping both of his bodyguard's shoulders and nodding them to follow.

"Now, for the real courier..." he said as the trio walked towards the zebraphants, the bodyguards reluctantly following.
"Wait here." Rexus said as he begun climbing towards the hut on one of the zebraphants, then to climb back down after five minutes, followed by 5 hooded figures.

"Novus, Vyurt. I am glad to have had you as bodyguards for such a long while. You may now take a well-deserved 1 week rest from duty, effective as of now. These five "special guests" will serve as my bodyguards for an extended period. We may speak further some other time. Dismissed."

Novus and Vyurt were confused for a second, as they thought he was joking, seeing that his new bodyguards- although they were hooded- all had the physique of women. The confusion then vanished, seeing that each of the hooded figures had the swords of the Zodiac Order sheathed onto their backs.

The Zodiac Order, a group of assassins and individuals wholly dedicated to empiric dominance, serving the Empire, its values and its Crowned Prince, following his every order even by the flick of a finger.

"Yessir! Thank you Sir!" both bodyguards shouted in unison, turned around and jogged away, both in relief that they were given a rest in such a time.

The High Prince adorned a slight smile as he ordered his new allies to borrow some of the houses in and close to the City Gates. They and some of the Krokophamus were to hold guard close to the gate, while the rest were stationed around in the city. They had no space for the Zebraphants to stay, so construction of a wall-guarded stable started immediately, outside the City Gates. The behemoth was to be placed deep inside a grotto close to the Palace, as a cave would be the wisest place to keep such a horrendous beast, and it would only cause fright and uneasiness among the people otherwise.

~

After all orders were given, His Majesty the Crown Prince attended to his new bodyguards. By a slight nod he ordered them to follow him back to the palace, while keeping his attention on one certain figure among them, smiling gently, as the woman smiled back in return....

---------------------------

Vruez

PoppiHollaPuddelz

Z4nz1b4r

Alyavin

Miera42

Tytun

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:53 pm
User Image

Alyessa snarled at the thieves, her bow still prepared for any uneven movement she did not like or appreciate. She did not want to go to her prince and have nothing to present. She looked to one of the theives, she let teh arrow of her bow go, placing it back in its quiver as she approached the theif and struck him as hard as she could across his jaw, it was that sign that gave the others a reason to attack her and the Gemini. Alyessa proceeded to slam the heavy bow into the faces of those that pounced, making her way through the crowd that descended upon them. This would give her prince reason, and the Gemini, so twisted, they wouldn't dare cross that line. After all, these weren't innocent citizens, these were thieves and assassins that had made their wicked intent clear.

Alyessa didn't care what had to be done, she adored her prince, his word was word sent to her directly from Andromeda herself. It was his word and his law she followed, no one else, it was only his mother she once bowed to, and now it was only to him. She just did not want to show up with no proof and nothing to present to him when she knew more than anything that there was something going on here, and she would need more than her senses to prove to him. So as a thief just barely cut from her neck to collar bone she knew just that amount of blood was enough. Once she had taken out a decent amount of them with crushing blows she ran then, knowing the demon Gemini would keep up with her, they had to get out, and ride to Upsilon to report this attack on them, her prince need not know she struck the first blow. She looked to the worried Gemini.

"Follow, we return to Upsilon, we should be back by late evening, and we've much to discuss."

PrincessMaharea

Romantic Cultist

9,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500

Vruez
Vice Captain

High-functioning Snowflake

10,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Firestarter 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 pm
User Image

✦ Eσ Cαяиεsiя Aʟםєяαмiи ✦

.:: General Aries | Leader of the Resistance | A Prince in Exile ::.

The earthen pitcher stood facing the melting sun, the devuring darness. Calming life seeped down its charred edges. Lonesome.

"It has been done, sire.", A voice. Sharp and servile, the occasional spark of disdain. The occasional betrayal of sarcasm. Old Anghus. The Svartr warlord. "The distraction. Accomplished just the way we planned. The few drunken men. Unruly."

The pitcher stood still. Its sweeping shadow grazing the lower edge of the scorched sandstone. Carefree. Flowing. Just like its content. The panacea for the parched lips.

The eyes widened for a spur of a moment, flashing and dark, hidden under the cool refuge of shadows. Long. Retreating. Unbending. A spark. A glaring realization. A passionate pitfall.

The dripping water from the cup... Water. Flowing. Steady. Calm. Focussed. Unlike fire. Sporadic. Burning. Consuming. Fire did not flow to meet its desires. It didn't need to. Fire churned. In itself. With itself. Silently. Till all but a single spark was left...

It was this virtue of fire that he feared the most...

"So, is that the way your warriors seek to win a battle, Anghus? I have to admit that I'm less than impressed.". A drop of water. Dripping. A glistening pearl. A graceful hand reached for it. Impatient. Cold. Thirsty. "A viera. Strong-willed and high-strung as she is. The General Sagittarius. A favourite of the High Queen. It'll take more than just that to have her retreat. If you want your men to be spared, call them back. She is ruthless in anger. The fiery angel. We can't afford to lose the few we have. Act wisely."

There was a slight change of stance. The tall spires of Al Geidi taking care to hide the distorted muscles of the older man's face in a swooping motion of shadows. And the brocade of stars overhead. He was grateful. Towards the shadows. Towards the night. And the ever-present obscurity. Obscurity that could not be ignored...

"Besides, how am I to expect regard towards women from your kind ? Isn't it customary for your clan to gift the king with women besides revenue ? "

The older man faltered in his unclaiming stance, his hand moving to his mouth as he cleared his throat.

"We did what was necessary. The Svartr clan was growing fast. We could not go on paying a hefty sum to the kingdom every passing season. Your mother...understood."

A lift of the brow. A sneer of curiosity. A chuckle of disdain.

Did she now ?

"No need to carefully rephrase your words, Anghus. The past is none of our concern. For now, let's focus on the present. Fetch me the tactician. Oh, and besides...how does the relationship of the Svartr and the Changeling clan fare ? Listen carefully Anghus. Or should I call you Uncle ? Raise the women of your clan. Tell them about the evils of your kingdom. Spread the word. Let it reach afar. I know you have the power.The gift of the Svartr tongue and art. Do not worry about wealth. It shall come freely. Let them rise through hatred. And we shall have ourselves a rebellion. Hate burns, my friend. Much like fire."

A sip. Becalming satisfaction. The cool touch of relief at outburst of embers.

"Leave me. And yes, do not call me 'sire'. Should a crown ever adorn my brows, it would be the Aldreramin royal crown. Till then, I want no illusion of authority. No solace from my past."

A patter of footsteps. Hurried, as it grew quiet like the dawn. Arousing. Withdrawing.

Two generals down the desert. Sagittarius and Gemini. The royal bounty-hunters.

Where might the Asaosh generals be ? And how ?

The great balcony of sandstone. The wide desert ahead. The bazaar that is about to retire for the night. A crowd of people, and a sandstorm of strange ferocity...

His voice snapped forth, slashing through the lull. Anxious.

"Return Anghus. Make it seem that she's accused of hurting a child. Or an unarmed woman. Yes, I talk of General Sagittarius. I do no understand the meaning of her outburst... This is not her demeanor. Unless, of course, there is something deeper to the unexpected visit. "

User Image

PoppiHollaPuddelz

GoingRogue

Z4nz1b4r

Princess Maharea

Miera42

Alyavin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm
User Image

- Ardiel Rexus Caldesir Alderanim -

As the Crowned Prince and his five new bodyguards walked back towards the palace, attention was attracted everywhere, as the brands of the Zodiac Order was fully visible on their black cloaks, everyone who knew of them took their distance, and even those who didn't know of the order, followed the other's decision in stepping back. The clear brands were meant as a warning, to scare off attackers and lead the enemy in disarray, telling them to stay away or face dire consequences. The Zodiac Order needn't be discreet- their authority amongst commoners was absolute, and the death of one could bring out a war, or at least a full scale headhunt.

There were whispers everywhere. Whispers like "What in heavens name are they doing here?" and "Tsk, assassins" could be heard, and there were many more. Whispers such as "Jeremiah, get in" and "The Stars be with us" were also uttered, before the tense silence was broken by a few teenagers yelling and cheering at the prince. Or maybe they were just interested in the women. Rexus simply raised his hand and waved back with a smile.

He didn't really care what the crowd said about him or his current company. Not for the moment. His courier, his gem, the thing that he held most dear had just arrived.

As they arrived at the Palace grounds, he told four of the assassins where their room was located, before sending them off, while the one that was left followed him to his personal chambers. As he locked his door, the assassin folded her hood backwards, revealing the face of a most exquisite Esotan beauty, her eyes enchanting and lips smiling. As she opened her mouth in an attempt to speak, she was interrupted by Rexus kissing her lips.

"Roxanne..." Rexus hugged her tightly, which she also did in return. "Ardiel, my love.." Roxanne replied to her lover. "I am so glad to see you again, I'm relieved our plan worked this well..." she said as they ceased hugging and looked at each other.

"You're understating, by far- Roxanne, now that you're here, my worries are gone... Finally, we can move on to the further stages without worry. Yours and my people will live in unity under the same flag, devoid of my father's leadership..." Rexus said as he hugged her again. "Your father will join as one of our generals, and the two of us will be king and queen in the perfect Utopia..." as he finished his sentence, he swung Roxanne around in a whirlwind while holding her tightly.

She giggled as she replied "Ardiel, you're daydreaming again- it's a wonderful dream, but can't we just tell your dad that we love each other? He will understand, and nobody will get hurt..." she said in a sweet tone "Of course I support your scheme, but isn't it easier just telling him?"

"Roxanne, my love... if we are to lead the Utopia, then my pa must leave. He cannot be spoken with. The easiest way would be to at least make him unable to hold the throne, or unable to speak. Having him dissappear however, could also be done by using the Resistance to our advantage... if we somehow led them to my father's demise, then we could stun the entire resistance in one fel strike, thanks to the Behemoth!" Rexus said, boldly.

"The Behemoth is uncontrollable, you know that, Ardiel- or do you know how to faze it?" she shook her head at the beginning of the sentence. "Can't we just wait this out and see what will happen? Or will you attempt to resurrect the Andromeda stone?"

"The Andromeda stone will make its play, eventually. It is too powerful to use on such a volition- 'lest our our plans fail entirely."

The two were now at the terrace of his personal chamber, holding hands and embracing each other. "Can't we just wait and see what happens?" Roxanne said softly into Rexus' ear. "We've just reunited for the first time in 9 months..."

~

Rexus closed his eyes.
"Sure."

---------------------------

OOC: Yes, Roxanne is the woman in the picture.

Vruez

PoppiHollaPuddelz

Z4nz1b4r

Alyavin

Miera42

Tytun

GoingRogue
Vice Captain

Alyavin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
Rinne & Finris

The Gemini
User Image

Speed and strength had played hand in hand in keeping off all others, from themselves and Alyessa. They shifted from two to one in a smooth dance of crushing attacks and swift evasions. As they saw Alyessa take off they had wondered why, they knew her to fight, surely they did not come here for this. It was either that, or she understood the danger that remained here, that there was indeed something lurking in the shadows that they could not yet put their finger on. They were restricted to not kill or harm others unless provoked, perhaps the skittish rabbit attacked first from instinct, or perhaps she was kicking the hornets nest on purpose. Finris had no problem running and following Alyessa, however Rin found her self grabbed at by these men once more after her brother had taken off with such haste after their fellow general.

"Finris!"

Her brother turned and shifted all his weight and slid in the dirt of the floor and went for his sister, leaping almost into her body as they became one once more and managed to knock all the men from their path with one hit before separating once more.They never left the other behind, one without the other was nothing. Maybe Alyessa was right, without Rin, Fin was nothing, and without him, she was nothing. They were a singular person and mind, one without the other was only half the shadow of an Esotan, not even a thought at that.

{{:Literate/Advanced Lit Rps:}}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff