Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
What's your Favorite Activity / Event at a Convention Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:15 pm
tattahitotsuyakusoku
My favorite things to do at a con... definitely the dealer's room & artist alley. I also like watching the masquerade contest. Concerts are fun too.
& that moment when a convention inside joke is created.

While waiting for the masquerade contest to start at Youmacon that's when the host will do a few inside jokes. My favorite one is when he brings out a chair from last years con and everyone in the crowd yells out "Chair"!! I always like to explore the dealers room and artist alley to see what's new.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 am
1. Meeting people cosplaying as other characters from my chosen series and taking pictures with them.
2. Photoshoots.
3. The shops!
4. Dancing.
5. Cosplay cafes!  

StrawberryGhost3432

Tricky Pumpkin

1,450 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Seira_Dark

Loyal Gatekeeper

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:34 am
1-Meeting people/cosplayers and thanking photos with them
2-The shops :3
3-The singing or other competitions 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am
1. I love taking pictures of cosplayers.

2. Cosplaying of course! I fine it fun to cosplay, especially sometimes I might get my picture taken. c:

3. Panels. I enjoy going to the panels. They're exciting and most of them are funny. (Especially Ask Panels and Q & A Panels)

4. Dealers Room and Artist Alleys. I love going to those. They're usually one of the first things I go to when I go to a convention. Different items, especially items on sale that can be useful for future cosplays.

5. Meeting cosplayers, talking to them, and making new friends at a convention.  

Shoyo Hinata

Lucky Gekko

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

Heat The Angel

Hunter

3,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:54 pm
1. Eating New Foods
2. Going to Cosplay Cafe
3. Meeting New People/Cool Cosplayers
4. Guessing What The Cosplay Costume They Are From (Video Game, Anime, Manga, etc,)
5. Partying With Random People
6. Relaxing With New Friends  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:34 pm
StrawberryGhost3432
1. Meeting people cosplaying as other characters from my chosen series and taking pictures with them.
2. Photoshoots.
3. The shops!
4. Dancing.
5. Cosplay cafes!

All 5 things on your list are great!! Photoshoots is becoming one of my favorite things to do and participate in. I haven't been to a Cosplay Cafe yet. What was your experience like and did they have maid's at it? smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 pm
Seira_Dark
1-Meeting people/cosplayers and thanking photos with them
2-The shops :3
3-The singing or other competitions 3nodding

Being a photography I'm usually just behind the camera, but I don't have a problem taking photos of friends or cosplayers together, I know the joy of singing. I sang in a church choir for 5 years. Did you sing at a Karaoke contest and what other competitions were you in?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 pm
II Square Enix II
1. I love taking pictures of cosplayers.

2. Cosplaying of course! I fine it fun to cosplay, especially sometimes I might get my picture taken. c:

3. Panels. I enjoy going to the panels. They're exciting and most of them are funny. (Especially Ask Panels and Q & A Panels)

4. Dealers Room and Artist Alleys. I love going to those. They're usually one of the first things I go to when I go to a convention. Different items, especially items on sale that can be useful for future cosplays.

5. Meeting cosplayers, talking to them, and making new friends at a convention.

Everything is really good in your list. I have started to go to panels myself and they are fun. The dealers room and artist alley is a must. I have to make a list of what I want the most before a con because I want to buy everything. smile I love meeting all of the artists and asking questions about their work. I have a few Cosplay friends now and it's great to have people that have something like this in common with you. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:53 pm
Heat The Angel
1. Eating New Foods
2. Going to Cosplay Cafe
3. Meeting New People/Cool Cosplayers
4. Guessing What The Cosplay Costume They Are From (Video Game, Anime, Manga, etc,)
5. Partying With Random People
6. Relaxing With New Friends

Good list. What foods have you eaten at a con. One of my favorites is Pocky. National Pocky day was Nov 11th btw. Meeting new people is fun. Sometimes you find people that share the same interests as you. I often start talks with asking about their Cosplay outfit.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 pm
smithers456
StrawberryGhost3432
2. Photoshoots.
3. The shops!
4. Dancing.
5. Cosplay cafes!

All 5 things on your list are great!! Photoshoots is becoming one of my favorite things to do and participate in. I haven't been to a Cosplay Cafe yet. What was your experience like and did they have maid's at it? smile

It was so much fun! The waitresses and waiters were dressed as lolitas and maids/butlers. There was tea and sweets and it was served in fancy matching teacups and plates. It was really funny watching people dressed as really tough characters sip tea and eat desserts.  

StrawberryGhost3432

Tricky Pumpkin

1,450 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:47 pm
StrawberryGhost3432
smithers456
StrawberryGhost3432
2. Photoshoots.
3. The shops!
4. Dancing.
5. Cosplay cafes!

It was so much fun! The waitresses and waiters were dressed as lolitas and maids/butlers. There was tea and sweets and it was served in fancy matching teacups and plates. It was really funny watching people dressed as really tough characters sip tea and eat desserts.

Sounds great. I will definitely make plans to go to one. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:57 pm
1 shopping
2 chillin
3 eating
4 karaoke
5 lets see what shinanigans I get into this time
6 talking to random people
(I don't cosplay very often)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

foxdeamon ninja14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:01 pm
1 ) Meeting new people/making friends
2 ) Trying the new mysterious snacks they have (I'm either loving it or running to the nearest trash can each time)
3 ) Dealers room (I always end up broke at the end of the weekend. A once a year spoil treatment)
4 ) Cosplay Chess (About the closest I'll ever getting to playing chess.)
5 ) Cosplay Contests (Always feeling a bit adventurous to try it out each year.)
6 ) Photoshoots ( I love taking pictures with other cosplayers from the same series)
7 ) The panels (I am never failed to be amazed or amused by them)
8 ) Artist Alley (I just love seeing some of the amazing sketches that the artist create. I am both nervous and excited to be doing my own table this year)
9 ) Avoiding getting kidnapped (I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but it seems to become a yearly thing. There's always someone attempting or wanting to kidnap me. It only happens when I cosplay as Miku though)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:15 pm
I'm bumping this thread. I REALLY like the raves now. I used to avoid them, but now I enjoy them quite a lot. Heck, I even met my best friend at Sugoicon's rave last year.

It's fun to interact with other dance crews and I won't lie, I like to show off during raves. My dance crew mostly Melbourne Shuffle and I'll occasionally do Jumpstyle. We're called the Hardstyle Heroes and we're from the Midwest. We'll be at Matsuricon in Columbus this year  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:28 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
I'm bumping this thread. I REALLY like the raves now. I used to avoid them, but now I enjoy them quite a lot. Heck, I even met my best friend at Sugoicon's rave last year.

It's fun to interact with other dance crews and I won't lie, I like to show off during raves. My dance crew mostly Melbourne Shuffle and I'll occasionally do Jumpstyle. We're called the Hardstyle Heroes and we're from the Midwest. We'll be at Matsuricon in Columbus this year

I love meeting people at Cons! I've met some of my best friends through conventions!  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff