Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Blaze of Glory Dueling Range: Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:24 am
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Former Slytherin
Detective
Blaze of Glory

One last tight hug as Ronyo slid back, still knelt down with the girl, but he smiled back at her. She was calming down and also taking her control back, she was a Gryffindor after all. She couldn't remember the spells she fired, which Ronyo would leave out the last three spells just to not cause the girl any extra grief. That said something though, said something about her inner raw magic coming up through her weakened emotional state and letting loose. Ronyo understood the damage that could do as the year Colton and Phi left he was forced to dip into his raw magic just to perform basic spells in class. The results had been powerful and more like his first few years when he was starting to figure out his two wands. Likely her new secretive nature played a small part in the action, that part Jason would have to help with, but the other part Ronyo could in fact be of guidance.

"You're taking Wandless magic, you know about the idea finding your raw magical center right? That is where are power like that comes from, it has a tendency to work through our emotional states and act through our basic natural instincts. When I scared you, your body and mind acted to defend yourself and so you dipped into your raw magical center to stop what had scared you and hurt you. I have refrained from purposefully drawing strength from that source because of how wild and powerful it can be. However you might be able to tap into that source with more control than I can because...well because you are already learning to control a more wild side of yourself now. I can help you gain that control, and it comes with the awesome bonus of learning a new spell too. I can show you how to use that power you showed me when you want to use it not just when you're in danger. It might take some time, but it begins with teaching you how to cast a patronus."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ listened to the leader of the Chimera, nodding along. When he said she was controlling her "raw power," the girl glanced at her hand. He assured her he could teach her to control it, sending a half smile on her face. Then... a Patronus?! He was going to teach her?! Gold eyes lit up, excitement fueling them. "You can teach me that? R-really? Like... a full Patronus?! Those sound so hard!"

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:15 pm
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

Ronyo shifted on the ground to actually sit rather than be in the kneeling position he was in. His smile grew a bit as Remy lit up about the idea of learning how to cast a patronus. It would also help with her own control of both physical and other magical means. Still the spell was a difficult one to attempt and try, considering it required the source of a happy memory to even start. Even once Remy got the spell it would take more practice to get it to manifest in order to see what her inner self was portrayed as.

"I can teach you the idea and the necessary mental tools, the act is all on you. It is a hard spell, so don't be fooled into thinking this will be easy. However I feel you are more than capable of accomplishing the task with enough time put in to it. I think for now though we should look into cleaning up and maybe something to eat. We can set up times that work best for you for the lessons. I will be on campus for a bit working the case Eretria hired me for," Ronyo snapped his fingers and laughed as he realized the other thing he wanted to ask Remy, "Which reminds me, have either you or Jason noticed anything?"

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ figured this would be a fairly easy spell.... until Ronyo said otherwise. She cocked an eyebrow, then looked at her belly. She had yet to feed herself, and Quidditch and Dueling had mostly drained her. "Any time is okay with me. Not like I'm needed on the Pitch." She sighed, then perked back up at the mention of his case. "I haven't found him... and I don't know about Jason. He never freaking talks to me. Not that he doesn't have a good reason. Hell, I wouldn't even talk to me."

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 pm
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

The girl did not seem to have a high opinion of herself, despite almost knocking him across the dueling arena not a moment before. Sure she had been angry at that point but still she had the power and the skill to be a great dueler. She was captain of her house's Quidditch team, something didn't add up still. Ronyo had kept track of the victories through the paper and knew the crimson and gold was not faring well, but still that was no reason to feel down about yourself. After all as much as Ronyo enjoyed playing it was still a game that once he graduated held no real sway on his life.

"Sounds like you have some problems going on there. Get cleaned up and you can tell me about it while we eat, unless you need to get back to the castle. I'll settle up with Belle and clean up myself, you pick the place as I was never really knowledgeable about places to eat in Hogsmeade."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ looked at Ronyo, then sighed. She didn't want to brag or anything, but her life lately sucked. He told her to get cleaned up, she stood and tugged her jacket and hat on. She removed her hair tie, letting the thick curtain she called hair fall around her. "Well... unless we eat at Jason's, there's only three options. Madame Puddifoot's, notorious for being overrun with cutesy, adolescent 'romance,' The Hog's Head, which is a ramshackle old bar. I'm not fully certain I can enter, given I'm underage, or The Three Broomsticks, which has fairly decent food. I suggest there... unless you feel like being surrounded by raging hormones or creepy old drunk guys." She glanced up at him, then fiddled with a stray lock of hair, tying it in a sort of braid... thing.

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 am
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

Seeing Remy take such a short time in reading herself had Ronyo chuckling. He was hoping he would have time to make himself more presentable than the sweaty mess he was right now. He was sure the girl would wait for him regardless but it was still humorous to witness. As the young pup spoke about places to eat her description of the Madame Puddifoot's place was also amusing. Apparently the girl was not in a relationship at the moment, likely still getting over Sam. That was one aspect of school Ronyo had failed to gain any experience in at all. He had always been more concerned about what was going on in the school, how his friends were, and what he could do to improve himself more. Even now that was still the case, a fact not lost on the white haired detective but also not one he was really worried about.

"Broomsticks it is then. You will have to excuse me, I'm not nearly as quick to clean up as you young one."

With that Ronyo moved to exit the dueling arena, Remy hopefully right behind. Seeing Belle no longer at her desk the detective senses something was going on in his old seeker friend's life. None the less Ronyo left a note on the woman's desk that thanked her for the wonderful establishment and to hold on to his remaining coin as a tab for whenever he came in again. Moving to his bag Ronyo removed his drenched white shirt showing the small scars from his repeated apparartions still on the heal. His smooth chest was awash with perspiration and made the white haired man almost seem to shine. With a few charms to remove the moisture from his skin and to kill the smell created in the process Ronyo moved to put his button down shirt and vest back on. After a quick brushing of his hair to help tame it the detective smiled at Remy as he picked up his bag.

"Alright all set, lead the way then."

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:06 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range Owner
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Heartbroken, Annabelle had left the sign on her shop closed for the past few weeks and wouldn’t dare to open curtains to the sun the shined above. But today, she had too. She couldn’t drown herself in this, even if it was all she wanted to do. She flipped the sign to read open, and then collapsed in her swivel arm chair behind her desk in a heap of darkness. Tender, shaky fingers trailed over her lower abdomen where scarring still remained. She was lucky to be alive, they said, but she was too scared to ask if she’d ever be able to carry a baby inside of her again. She didn’t want to know.

She never thought it would bother her like this, it never had before. But without Devin, she didn’t know what she would do, or what she wanted. She didn’t have anyone to turn too; all of her friends had left. They only one she would have wanted to see, Hildy, had disappeared so many years ago. She didn’t even know where to begin looking for her. She sighed, miserably and long, and sprawled out over her desk, lying down to stop her heart from racing so fast. She had a ball to get ready to attend tonight; her father would be expecting her—even despite everything! Appearances were all that mattered to him.

Fashionably: Back in Black
Troubles: Depression

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:21 pm
User Image

Detective
Blaze of Glory

He had crawled for what seemed like forever through the broken earth and splintered wood. his hip and finger tips had new wounds from the jagged rocks and small spear like splinters in the ground. They hardly registered to the beaten and battered wizard, he just had to focus on his current goal. Reach the edge of the spell and then disapparate out of that place. His mind had been made up as to who to go to for the reasoning of not wanting to trouble the rest of the Chimera with his injuries. They would need to focus now as he was beginning to understand what he had to do. He needed to get stronger and there was only one person he knew that could help him do that now. It would mean leaving, but the time spent would be more than worth it.

His appearance in the dueling shop had been as much a surprise to himself as anyone close by. Ronyo had simply kept the shop in his mind as he crawled and continued to attempt the apparartion as he really did not know how big the area of effect had been. The detective all but crashed landed in the shop nearly hitting the main counter in the process. Feeling the sudden change from rough earth to cool floors Ronyo let out a breath of relief and found the cool floor comforting. He just hopped Belle did not mind him dropping in like this.

User Image

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 am
My life is so cold

User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

”Lady, stop giving me that look,” the half-kneazle gave a miserable meow as she circled in place, claws kneaded at the papers shuffled on the desk and then she plopped down in comfort, staring deeply. ”Lady…” The owner of the half-kneazle was feeling weary, and tried her best to shoo the feline away from her documents. She’d already procrastinated enough, she realized with a growl.

”Meoooow,” Lady had replied in kind. The white ball of fluff couldn’t seem to be bothered by her owner. In fact, Annabelle might’ve even started to believe that a manipulative little smile had woven on her snout. But, Belle could probably say that for everything nowadays. ”Meeeoooooooooowwww,” the cat insisted, yawning and stretching and tearing thin incisions into the leaflets underneath her.

”Aw, no, c’mon mate! You bloody—“ she cursed. ”Aguamenti, there, that should do it.”

”MEEEoooWW!” Lady shrieked! A small stream of water splashed into her furs and the little miscreant hissed and darted under the desk, worming around her legs and dashing in circles around the room.

”Great, now how the hell am I supposed to make the arrangements for that duel.” She groaned. She should have been excited, she realized. She’d get to sit front row and center, maybe even referee the match, and she’d get to learn so much. But what was the point? Who would she share these memories with, without Devin? ”Okay, it’s time to get over this Belle… He’d want you to be happy.” She murmured to herself, instinctively turning her engagement ring in circles around her fingers until she couldn’t take it anymore and slipped it off, let it clatter back on her desk where it’d been for the past few days, untouched.

”Hiiissssssss!!” Lady’s ears were perked, and her soaking fur was bristled to stand on its ends as she lurched to the windowpane and sat on the wooden sill, staring in, instead of out. Craaack, the sound followed almost instantly after the heap on the ground of mangled flesh and blood appeared, and she let out a small scream of surprise. In the back of her mind, she almost thought it was Devin, but only a small, hopeful side. The long white hair however, told her a very different story.

”Ronyo!” Torn pages and an ink blot were thrust to the floor from the force of his magic colliding in. She lurched to her feet, heels nearly slipping in black ink as she skated around her desk and gathered close to his side, her pale eyes already searching for the heaviest of wounds. ”s**t. Tergeo.” She repeated, clearing away the dried clumps of blood and the fresh running rivers of red, hoping, that it wasn’t all his. ”Vulnera sanentur, vulnera sanentur, vulnera sanentur!” She repeated, three times, just as her healing textbooks had described. The first halted the flow of blood, the second stitched up most lacerations in the flesh, and the last, had removed few visible injuries. She didn’t want to move him, not just yet. ”Ronyo, Ronyo, Ron, wake up, wake up.” She repeated, never really giving him a chance to talk as her mind soared at top speeds. All the same, she quickly summoned a vial of essence of dittany, pried away the torn and stained fabric to apply the smoldering brown liquid and ease the wounds and scars her magic hadn’t been able to. When there was nothing more she thought to do, at least, until he’d awoken and explained himself, she levitated him up from the floors and quickly carried him out a back door, around a small hallway and up a flight of stairs to her flat on the second floor to rest in peace.

[Move to: Belles Loft]

[[OOC: Not sure when, but Spaz is going to start an epic duel of championships in the shop, so I’m moving this scene to Belle’s Loft just in case the two might coincide at the same time.]]

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Denim Blues
Nineteen Years Old 5’7” 139lbs

Ronyo Storm

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:27 pm
User Image

User ImageStepping into the foyer of the dueling range, Leo halted a moment as his eyes adjusted to the soft lighting. The place had a kind of charm that reminded him of Hogwarts. Far from perfection, and much the better for it. The warm wood toned down the harsh feel that the brick exterior built up. His ocean blue eyes scanned the wall as he walked slowly forward. A variety of options existed for customers; practice on targets, dummies, dueling a trainer or private lessons. There were even a variety of environments to duel in. It looked like the DADA professor should bring classes down here to practice. What a set up. As an Auror, he could definitely appreciate the layout.

Lastly he stopped in front of a board that posted job listings. The owner was looking for a receptionist and a trainer. Leo knew that he had just been thinking about needing some sort of work to stay busy but he hadn’t meant to rush into anything. It was so random, yet, at the same time, it kind of felt like it was a piece falling into place. After all, he had been wondering what he was qualified for. He studied hard in school and did well on his OWLs and NEWTs, but he had always thought that his dueling was his strongest area.

Stepping back, he turned for the test and cleared his throat. He wasn’t about to jump into something blindly. He didn’t even know anything about the owner and certainly didn’t want to work under some fat, bossy wank that would work him to death.

Of course, a voice whispered in his mind, if he DID work in Hogsmeade, he would be that much closer to Ally in case something happened and she needed him. Hogsmeade was a cute village and it was nice to be immersed inside of the wizarding community. Maybe they could get a little place on the outskirts of town. This summer Ally might even want to get a little job in town running errands. Or if she wanted to shop, Hogsmeade prices were always fairly reasonable.

Still, that didn’t mean that he had to work HERE, Leo reasoned with himself. One thing at a time, he cautioned himself. Tonight, let’s just have a little fun.

Turning around, he leaned back to sit lightly on the edge of the desk and wait for the attendant to arrive.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm
My life is so cold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Annabelle Emery Rich

[Fall of 2024, Night of the Sorting Feast]
      The days had been crossed off the calendar, the months in pages were ripped and scattered in crumpled remnants inside the rubbish bin beside her desk. Blonde curls covered her features and she blew them away with a sharp take of breath, she struggled to see. Behind one of the few doorways, her wand of hornbeam recast a series of particularly nasty hexes and curses, the death eater dummies had always been the trickiest to keep enchanted. After so many months, their vivacity would linger and she’d have to spice them up a bit again. ”Protego horribilis,” she concluded, after a moments pondering. These days, her mind always seemed to skate over the minor details.

Her ears pricked at the prominent sound of wood rasping harsly together; the door scratching against the floorboards. It was late in the evening, not unrare for most of her frequent customers, but unusual considering it was the eve of the new school year. The train had rattled, she’d heard it not long ago as the force struck the village and rattled the walls of her warehouse restlessly. This night was usually dead; the professors away at the castle to attend to last minute details before the sorting feast, and the tenents of the buildings nearby scoured their surfaces clean.

And if it was Ronyo, she dared to smile, she’d kill him if he bloodied up her floor again. The stains had seeped into the fibers of the wood by the time she’d remembered to clean it; if it hadn’t been for magic, she’d have made the bloody man replace her floors... Or something. She thought idly. Belle sighed, these days, her heart wasn’t really into it.

Nonetheless, she had a visitor and regardless of the fact if it was Ronyo Storm, she needed to at least make herself known. ”Coming!” She shouted from the other room, flicking her wand hastily to revert the death eaters into their new hidden positions for the week. She couldn’t make it too easy, after all. The unmistakable sound of heavy heels clacked against the floors and echoed louder with her every step until the door squeaked on its hinges and a rather young blonde woman bounded from around the corner, adjusting her leather jacket on the way.

She blinked, a hesitance of surprise lingered in her eyes as she blinked again and cocked a brow. Surely, this man had other things to do on a night like this than parade around in her shop and seat himself upon her desk like he owned the village. But maybe he didn’t, and then her lips pursed into a soured note. She couldn’t blame him; she also had no where else to go, after all. ”Can I help ya, mate?” She pondered, though her inquisitive tone had been daring for an underlying motive. She’d spent her years in the snake pit; she wasn’t going back. These days, it was hard to trust, knowing in the back of your mind another man is rising to the claimed title of dark lord, and, somewhere, followers had to be lurking.

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Red as Sin
Twenty Years Old 5’7” 139lbs

Voracious Voxy

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:34 pm
User Image

User ImageThe voice that had floated out from further back in the studio was muffled and he couldn’t discern much about the speaker. Regardless, someone was on their way. In the interim, he looked over the options posted on the wall. Dueling sounded like a good distraction for the evening, but what was he up for? The Bullseye Accuracy or Paper Targets sounded entertaining and low key. But the Auror’s challenge was tempting. At least he could step into his old career in some vicarious manner.

He was still turning his options over when he was joined in the foyer by the apparent owner of the voice that had called out. Turning his head, without standing from his casual recline on the desk, ocean blue orbs swept over the pretty young thing that sauntered forward.

Clearly not a ‘fat, bossy wank’.

One eyebrow arched as he looked her over. Perhaps she was the daughter of the owner? It certainly couldn’t be owned by…well, someone so petite and beautiful. Not that she came off as delicate.

In his past line of work, Leo was used to putting assumptions aside and assessing people for what they were. She followed the habit that many young wizards and witches took these days of dressing more in line with the Muggle fashions. He had always wandered some where inbetween. For instance, tonight’s dark wash dungarees and buttoned black shirt with a waist coat weren’t exactly haute coutre but they wouldn’t necessarily stand out in a Muggle crowd. However, the long sweeping black coat that he wore smacked of the older style fashions among wizards. He supposed that his look, so dark and out of pace with current trend, showed his lack of concern for fads, which only spoke to concern that must lay elsewhere. Plus the dark tones that he always favored often led observers to wonder about his allegiances. Let them wonder. But this woman. Woman? Or girl? She looked on the cusp of womanhood but without a line on her face or a gray hair on her head. Her body ripe with vitality and quickness. Coupled with her choice of attire, especially those shoes, he could tell she was much more than a pretty blonde.

Not that her beauty could be denied.

None the less, he didn’t miss the suspicion in her tone. It drew a cocky smirk to his lips. After a year of trying to mother and father an orphaned girl and having neighbors and friends running around to check on him and tell him what a saint he was, he rather enjoyed being suspected of nefarious activity. Standing up from his recline with slow purposefulness, his smirk never wavering, he turned to face her. Even with her monster stilettos, he stood tall at 6’4.

”Indeed.” His voice came in a low rumble. ”I wanted to have a look at what you had to offer. Perhaps find some distraction tonight.” The innuendo was perhaps out of line. He might have an apology coming to his new employer if he worked there for hitting on the man’s daughter. But a few moments of harmless flirting couldn’t be blamed. Tipping his head toward the boards, a lock of dark blonde hair falling down over his forehead as he pointed out the Auror’s Challenge.

”I’m up for a bit of fun. I’ll take that one.” What could he say, throw a pretty girl in the room and he get a little daring. Not that there was anything to fear. He had battled and caught dark wizards for real. A simulated duel would be fun. Especially after not getting to use his wand for not much more than household chores the last few months.

Looking back to the pretty blonde as he then pointed to the job listing board, ”An’ I’d like to speak to the owner, if he’s available.” Good job not jumping in to anything, stupid tosser, he chided himself. But still, if this job came with dueling on the grounds and such an appealing coworker, really, how bad could the owner possibly be?

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:19 pm
My life is so cold

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Annabelle Emery Rich

Her arched brow climbed even higher, tempting the fates with silken golden strands. Manicured nails drummed, the wispy taps fluttered against her palm with ire. A thrashing tongue fought behind her teeth; who the hell was he, anyway, to size her up? Her vision darted away, her thoughts reflective upon the unpredictable fleeting moments that were sure to come. Judgemental, ha! Belle had always liked to think she wouldn’t flounder herself to such, but it was a natural tendency, wasn’t it? It was human nature. But would he interrogate her, maybe? Or was that just a guilty conscious and glittering eyes worming itself to the surface. If, she dared to ponder, he was an ordinary guest at her shop on an extraoridinary evening, what were his intentions?

Eyelashes fluttered as a carnivorous grace stretched her legs and she shifted her weight from one heeled ankle boot to the next, with feet notably squared in defense. Instinct had driven her, her fingers almost twitched for the wand she’d slipped inside her jacket pocket. The shades of darkness cradled him, in, in her opinion, the schemes of ragged denim, dusky buttoned shirt and jet black overcoat. Black, black, black, the taste on her tongue soured. Who were you hiding from? She thought suddenly; it crossed her mind fleetingly and if her brow hadn’t already been risen to the heights of her forehead, it surely would have done so once again. Still, shamelessly she might admit that his certain foreboding aura had always enticed a relishing appeal on her-- which only made her trust for him smolder into ashes. Black ashes, it was only fitting.

”Ah, I see,” her words precariously danced, skirting around the true feelings harbored behind her green eyes. Crossed arms covered her chest as she tilted her head to one side, guarded and provoked, fingers now hovered inches away from that hornbeam wand. Scarlet words were ready to bleed on her tongue but sharp teeth had cut them off, she would hear all that he had to say. If nothing else, she would do that.

”The Auror’s Challenge?” She repeated; she loved to let the words play on her voice, though it was mocking, all the same. She could feel his cockiness, it nearly smacked her across her face with his subtlety. Belle couldn’t help but smile though, the last person who’d dared that challenge had been her old friend Ronyo, young as he was, he was nothing to take lightly. And her skybox view overhead would always give her the birds eye view she would need to watch, to gauge, and to learn.

In those few moments, she had wished for nothing more than to dive inside those guarded walls, seep deep into the cracks and into the very pores until every nerve and synapse snapped at the will of her fingers. If she could only know what he was thinking. And yet, seconds later, she instantly regretted it.

She would’ve much rather been blissfully ignorant. ”The owner?” She smiled toothily. She’s right here,” Belle challenged. ”And you’ll be begging your pardon now.. won’t you?” It was instigative, she knew it. In hindsight, she should’ve said worse.

✹✸✷ Blaze of Glory
✹✸✷ Red as Sin
Twenty Years Old 5’7” 139lbs

Voracious Voxy

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:32 pm
User Image

User Image She wasn’t appreciating his eyes traveling over her, yet she hardly looked affronted. That made it all the more fun. The tension in the room was thickening as those glittering emerald eyes grew sharper with each passing moment and inflected word. She wasn’t blushing or looking uncomfortable. Where had such strength and down right balls-iness came from? Her jewelry didn’t make it hard to discern that she came from money. Or else had a guy that kept her in money….No, not with that little attitude. She wouldn’t be a ‘kept’ girl. It was her money, but she didn‘t make it here. Still, it didn’t add up. The sort of family that had money enough to wear that sort of jewelry during the work day wouldn’t be bothering with a Dueling Range, so his initial guess that she was the daughter of the owner, was probably wrong.

And then she leveled him with it. All those moments in life where you think that you ought to be careful and you choose not to listen…those are all quickly followed by spectacular failure. By now he ought to know better. After all, he had even cautioned himself against appearances when he met her. And still, he let her taunt little figure and pretty face cloud his judgment. When she first announced herself, his face wiped clean of expression as he processed his mistake. But as the wheels rolled back into motion and he accepted what an a** he had made of himself and all that was left to do was smile at his own ignorance. And he did. A broad white smile broke out.

”Well now, my lady, I’m not the sort of man that begs but I’m not too proud to offer apologies. Though mistaking the owner of a Dueling Range for a lovely young woman and treating her as such, surely can’t carry much of a penalty for so little offense. And while its not begging, I might be convinced to be excessively polite beyond the bounds of my normal character, if you were to grant me a second chance at making a first impression.”

It was a sickness. At Hogwarts, it had been Yvette Yardley. At the Ministry, it was that gorgeous secretary in the Werewolf Capture Unit offices. Blondes just made him a little more bold and a little less smart. But it wasn’t anything that he cared to change. Who didn’t love looking at a beautiful woman?

Of course, now that he had been about to ask this one for a job, he might already have shot himself in the foot. Metaphorically speaking. Still, in his mind, he was showing restraint. He hadn’t asked her out yet or Apparated her off somewhere tropical. Restraint had never been a strong point of his. How many times, when he was working for the Ministry, did he get called into the office the next day about the damages that the criminals had sustained during capture? Quite a few. How many times had he bit his tongue rather that boldly persue a woman he was interested in?….Very few.

But this would have to be one of those times. Bowing slightly, grin never faulting and his eyes never leaving hers, he stood, ”Good evening, ma’am. My name is Leo David and as I’ve just become acquainted with your charming little business here, I find myself very interested in the position that you have advertised for as a trainer.” A dash of playful intention still sparkled in his eyes, even though his tone was all polite and proper. ”Might a foolish man such as myself still have a chance at applying?”

He knew that he would be good at the position. And it would be especially rewarding to train a new generation of witches and wizards the intricacies and nuances of the duel. Especially with dark wizards on the rise and a new Dark Lord working to gain power. In fact his hand nearly itched to get back to work. It seemed the only hard part of the job would be learning to think of his boss in only professional ways.

User Image

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces