Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Cigarettes... the new target for stupidity?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is worse, alcohol or cigarettes?
  Alcohol!
  Tobacco!
  They're both the devil!
  Neither! In fact, I do both!
  Neither, I don't really care!
  I have no opinion, I'll just follow everyone else... damn I want gold.
View Results

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:58 am
Irish comedian Ed Byrne once said;

"Yeah I know that by smoking this cigarette I am taking 5 minutes off my life.... but what you dont know is that it takes 10 minutes to smoke it. By my twisted Irish logic that gives me a net gain of 5 minutes so there."

And weed is like alcohol and cigarettes put together hahaha.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:28 pm
I honestly see no reason to do either because they really have no benefits to them. So many deaths and such could have been avoided had people known their limits on drinking or furthermore, were responsible.

I am really against drinking or smokng when you're underage because of the fact that your brain hasn't fully developed yet and you are not usually at the age of reason. Many teenagers do it to fit in and "be cool", but in actuality I think it does quite the opposite. Both have turned into a recreational activity among today's youth, and once they start, it is often difficult to quit and they're harming themselves.

If you choose to do either, then it's fine but be responsible, aware of possible consenquences, and think of others. Everything in moderation may be applicable in this situation. If you go to a party and smoke, as others have mentioned, it may be a better idea to go outside because of the people that may be allergic to smoke, simply not like the smell, and finally to respect the person's home. I honestly have no respect for people who binge drink like there's no tomorrow and then act like an idiot.

Acerbus nox noctis

Nockz the Dark Cellist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:33 pm
Yeah here in ireland it's become illegal to smoke in public buildings which does two things i feel.
1. It keeps the people inside bars and restaurants smoke free
2. But more interestingly it means if you wanna smoke you have to go outside on your own and smoke. This probably would throw off the kids from smoking except we dont have much indoor areas to hang out haha  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:57 pm
In response to your poll I chose the last one because there was no "perfect option". I personally don't do either because I don't believe in putting unnecessary items into my body. Now on to the topic of smoking yes it is a nasty habit but no it is not the devil. Smoking smells to me frankly and I would appreciate if you do it outside or next to a window. I would bring it up politely and not throw a fit. Onto drinking which is also a bad habit but no it is not the devil. Neither is better than the other. They both screw with you up if you do them too much. The answer is moderation. Alcohol is more acceptable at parties though because it does not necessarily smell and make you cough if someone else is doing it.  

Capn Cyrenaic

Tahmuku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:10 pm
I had that problem at parties a few times, usually its someone I don't know and they shouldn't be their. The second they get preachy that is when things go down hill, and i usually leave with my firends. I don't really care if the person is drinking or smoking, just as long as i don't have to defend them if they get in trouble.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:10 pm
Both are bad for your health, but people do them anyway, so opinions don't really matter. I don't like the taste of alchohol and smoking sounds no better, so I don't bother. People choose to do what they like though.  

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

emo_killer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:17 pm
Sulhir
I'll throw a fit when ever anyone lights a cigarette in my presence.
If they don't put it out, I'll end up throwing my stomache contents on them.
Half the time, even if they do, I still will.
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke.
I have never tasted alchohol, but drunks frighten me. You can't predict them. Their minds are all fuzzy to me.

Okay. First off. If your allergic to cigarette smoke, why are you hanging around people who smoke? Thats just stupid. If you dont like the smoke. Dont be around it. Just move your a** away from it. We dont get in your face for breathing, so dont get in our face for smoking. Yes, I am a smoker. And Im damn proud of it. I cant stand when these holier-than-thou liberal douchebags get in my face just because I made an adult decision to smoke. Thats my right, and I dont give a damn who says what.

My husband smokes too... and he says that "any non-smoker who complains about smokers can take their complaints, shove them up their arrogant a**, and set fire to them. I mean, hell... what are you gonna do next? Ridicule little kids for believing in Santa and the Easter bunny?"

Were smokers. Deal with it. If you dont like it, find another space to breathe in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:21 pm
Hello room whats up? domokun bites all around.  

Evil_lil_vamp

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:42 am
Well you see I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion (right or wrong but who knows with opinions now a days lmao) and I both smoke and drink.... So it all would depends on how drunk I am or my mood (whether or not I have had a smoke or 19) to have their opinions thrown at me... in most cases I just tell them to ******** off and get something else to b***h about cause no one wants to hear it lol... I am blunt  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:22 am
I don't mind if anyone smokes, just as long as they're outside, or we're in a building (like a bar) that allows it in the first place. I personally don't like to smell like smoke.

As for the drunk idiots- Ignore them. They're too stupid to deserve sympathy. Haha.

ShadowLotus

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:33 am
emo_killer
Sulhir
I'll throw a fit when ever anyone lights a cigarette in my presence.
If they don't put it out, I'll end up throwing my stomache contents on them.
Half the time, even if they do, I still will.
I'm allergic to cigarette smoke.
I have never tasted alchohol, but drunks frighten me. You can't predict them. Their minds are all fuzzy to me.

Okay. First off. If your're allergic to cigarette smoke, why are you hanging around people who smoke? Thats just stupid. If you dont like the smoke. Dont be around it. Just move your a** away from it.

I agree. Sulhir, just move! If you're allergic just take the responsibility to know how to take care of yourself. Not be an a** and bash the smokers. And if you must throw up, not on them... It's your job to take care of yourself. You're completely greedy and egotistical for expecting them to take care of your allergy problem.
I'm not a smoker, but if I knew you in person I'd be around the smokers rather than you because of what you said (not saying I wouldn't anyway. Saying that she's too rude to deserve friendship).

Grow up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:07 am
Sometimes it's just not possible to predict where smokers will turn up. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, and there have been times I couldn't leave a pub for a half hour because people were standing around smoking outside.

Then again, I don't get mad at the smokers when things like this happen. I just get mad at the situation (because I can't go out and tell them to move without gasping, but they're perfectly within their rights to be smoking outdoors). Being allergic to anything will make life a little less convenient, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.  

Veruniel
Crew

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:46 pm
I'm for one straight edge... Never even tried cigs or drugs (even pot), and only tasted alcohol once or twice, and it wasn't really my thing. I think the reason that people are getting so riled up about cigs is because everyone else is. I get used to get riled up about that and drinking... now I only get slightly irritated when someone drinks, and just ask them to leave my vicinity if they smoke, because I can't stand the smell.

I won't date a smoker though, I would hate kissing that...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:57 pm
Kaishi Kyouki
I'm for one straight edge... Never even tried cigs or drugs (even pot), and only tasted alcohol once or twice, and it wasn't really my thing. I think the reason that people are getting so riled up about cigs is because everyone else is. I get used to get riled up about that and drinking... now I only get slightly irritated when someone drinks, and just ask them to leave my vicinity if they smoke, because I can't stand the smell.

I won't date a smoker though, I would hate kissing that...

Why would it even irritate you if someone drinks, its nothing that effects you, sure I can understand with smokers, but with those of us who drink (responsibly I might add), we are of no threat, to ourselves or anyone else, in fact alcohol in reasonable quantities is good for the body.

By the way, are you preachy to people who smoke, drink or do drugs, because if not, you ain't straight edge, just some one who doesn't like those things, there is a key difference between the two.  

Rellik San
Crew

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:06 pm
I just don't like them (booze, cigs, and drugs (HOWEVER: although I haven't tried it yet, pot sounds fun... cigs don't)... I decided it was a waste of time to preach something that people would hear a million times anyways.

Drinking irks me because I already have enough of a hard time reading people, and people around me tend to NEVER drink responsibly, so even if someone is, I get nervous. But I don't tell them to leave or anything, I'm pretty cool with letting them stay, it's just kinda scary to me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff