Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[OOC] God Quest Approvals [OOC] (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Broken Objects
Existing Overlapping Domains: Endings, Bruises, Changes, Decay, Durability, Inevitability
Definition: reduced to fragments; fragmented. Ruptured; torn; fractured. Not functioning properly; out of working order.
Relevance: Objects break on a regular basis. Be it sticks, shells, even bones. Things breaking is just a natural part of life, from stepping on a twig to tearing apart an item. It's normal and natural, and sometimes unappreciated.

Approve Me!
Domain: Exploration
Existing Overlapping Domains: Beginnings, The Hunt, Change, Courage, Choices, Conquest, Determination, Distractions, Dreams, Faith, The five senses, Hardships, Survival
Definition: Travel for discovery: travel undertaken to discover what a place is like or where it is. Investigation of something: a careful investigation or study of something such as data, a particular subject, or possible courses of action.
Relevance: Exploration is both a human and creature nature. The desire to know what is out there and the curiosity that leads us to it. In the SoA world there are tons of creatures who have a passion for exploration and adventure. This is merely the god/ess who holds this passion the closest to heart.

Approve Me!
Domain: Questions
Existing Overlapping Domains: Chaos, change, Conflict, Deception, Distraction, Conclusions
Definition: An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
Relevance: Everyone asks questions, from children to adults it is a necessary thing in order to grow and to understand the world around us we must ask. The God/ess of questions represents that. The need to know, and the desire to ask "why? what? how? when? where? etc."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:38 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Grief
Existing Overlapping Domains: Despair, Denial, Faith, Healing, Inevitability, Loneliness, Loss, Pain, Remembrance
Definition: The overwhelming feeling of loss. Could come from a loved one dieing, or just loosing contact with them in some way.
Relevance: Nobody lives forever, and the feelings of loss can be overwhelming.

nessiaing

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:08 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Chastity
Existing Overlapping Domains: Determination (possible overlap), Femininity (Overlap), Fertility (possible overlap), Innocence (overlap), Love (overlap), Sacrifice (possible overlap), Truth (possible overlap), Lust (polar), Virtue (possible overlap)
Definition: Abstention from all sexual intercourse, purity in conduct and intention and restraint and simplicity in design or expression.
Relevance: All creatures have a sexual side, some of them choose to remain pure in nature.

Reposted it after making changes like asked.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:50 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Childbirth
Existing Overlapping Domains: Beginnings, Fertility, Mothers, Rebirth, Sterility (possible polar)
Definition: The action of giving birth to a child, bringing new life into the world
Relevance: Childbirth is a big part of soa, new litters are constantly coming into the world.

Approve Me!
Domain: Whispers
Existing Overlapping Domains: Gossip, Secrets, Silence, Sound,
Definition: The action of speaking in hushed tones
Relevance: Everybody has a need to whisper sometimes.

Approve Me!
Domain: Siblings
Existing Overlapping Domains: Connections, Loyalty, Mothers, Orphans,
Definition: Two or more children that have at least one parent in common, brothers and sisters
Relevance: A lot of the SoA have several siblings.

Approve Me!
Domain: Compassion
Existing Overlapping Domains: Apathy (polar), Betrayal (possible polar), Charity, Empathy, Goodwill, Hate (polar), Heartlessness, Hospitality, Love, Virtue, Negligence,
Definition: sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
Relevance: SoA is all about interaction with others, and a part of interacting is compassion or the lack there of.

nessiaing

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:52 pm
Approve Me!
Domain:
Psychopomps
Existing Overlapping Domains:
Tradition, Faith, Culture, Folklore, POSSIBLY Death, Spirits, Guidance,
Definition:
In every culture, there exists verbal telling, as well as written, of those creatures that guide the souls of those that have passed into the next world. Whether the Morrigan in Celtic culture, Charon the ferrier of the dead in Greek, the Valkyrie in Norse, all cultures have their own version of these creatures. They are the guides of the souls of the lost. However, each culture has a different version. This domain is the personification of the idea of each of these different beliefs. It is the existence of the IDEA of these guides that brings this God into being, rather than the god of these beings themselves.
Relevance:
Amongst the different prides and packs, coalitions, etc, there are no doubt hundreds of different mythos that exist in regards to the deities that guide the dead to the next life. This God will be the personification of these ideas. Birds, lanterns, etc, a God that exists to foster these ideas and bring them life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:34 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Twins
Existing Overlapping Domains: Childbirth (when/if it comes around to being a God/Goddess), Fertility
Definition: Something containing or consisting of two matching or corresponding parts, in particular. This can also mean two children, or animals, born at the same birth.
Relevance: Twins in SoA litters are common place now a days, and it would stand to reason that there should be someone to look after them. Some see twins as a blessing, while other cultures see them as a curse, but either way it's a part of life.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:43 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Stories
Existing Overlapping Domains: Rhetoric, Fairy Tales, Words
Definition: Tales verbally or visually passed on to others.
Relevance: Lions can't write down their memories: stories are how legacies and legends are preserved.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Bears
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals; Possibly Caves, Sleep, Pelts, and Strength because of associations often made with bears.
Definition: All mammals under the classification of family Ursidae.
Relevance: The Atlas Bear once roamed parts of Africa. The last known specimen was killed in 1890 by hunters in the Rif mountains of northern Morocco, although unverified reports surfaced until 1930. Stories could have kept the myths of the bears alive, and then escaped zoo bears of various sorts could have rekindled belief in the bears...and their goddess.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:49 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Redemption
Existing Overlapping Domains: Penance, Salvation
Definition: The action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
Relevance: There are many lions who have gone through the act of redemption, and feel the need to atone for their past misdeeds. To be redeemed is something any thinking being is capable of.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:41 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Uncanny
Existing Overlapping Domains: Secrets, Riddles, Obscurity, Nightmares, Misfits, Mischief, Confusion
Definition: Strange or mysterious, especially in an unsettling way.
Relevance: When a character feels like something is wrong, but cannot explain what it is or why they are feeling it.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:48 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Earthquakes
Existing Overlapping Domains: Calamity, Change, Earth, Floods, Hazards, Landslides, Nature
Definition: A shifting of the earth's crust, causing mild to violent shaking of the ground, resulting in mild to major repercussions to the surrounding area.
Relevance: Earthquakes happen everywhere, more frequently along fault lines. Surely a god is to blame when the ground shakes and cracks! Not only that, but the area this shop takes place in is known for seismic activity, as stated in the Current Prides thread, as well as actually existing on/near fault lines.

Approve Me!
Domain: Zeal
Existing Overlapping Domains: Energy, Love, Obsession, Passion
Definition: Great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.
Relevance: Zealous lions are abundant in many ways, shapes, and forms. One might have zeal for becoming the best hunter in their pride, and another might have zeal for overthrowing the current ruler. it can go either way, touching very slightly on obsession and can sometimes be confused with madness, but at its core is simply the drive that makes a lion do something. Whether that something is good or bad doesn't matter, though. Zeal is zeal.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:04 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Herds
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Prey, Predators (to a point?), Connections, Guards, the Hunt and Wanderlust
Definition: A herd is a large, social group of animals, especially hoofed mammals, that live, feed, or migrate together. The term herd is generally applied to mammals, and most particularly to the grazing ungulates that classically display this behavior.
Relevance: Africa is known for having some of the largest herds of ungulates so it seems only fitting that there would be a god of herds to watch over all of these herds as some kind of divine protector and spur these animals to actually herd, beyond instinct of course. As so many of these herds are the prime source of meals for a number of the packs, prides and clans living in Africa, it seems logical that at one or another someone prayed to the god of herds to actually bring the herds, as well.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:24 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Etiquette

• Civility
  • Culture
  • Possibly Tradition
  • Possibly Rhetoric
  • Possibly Laws

I think Secrets and Gossip are within the same realm, but not overlapping. Hopefully I'm thinking correctly. xD
Definition:
Short: Manners, politeness
Long: "A code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group."
Relevance: Especially within prides, there is certain etiquette to follow; bow to the King/Queen, be polite to your superiors, etc. It can even be as simple as to not bother a sleeping stranger or not steal someone else's meal.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:41 pm
Approve Me!
Domain:
Aurorae
Energy, Light, Nature, Illusions, Nature, Horizons, Reflection, & Rainbows
Definition:
Aurorae are a world-wide phenomenon, ranging from the well known Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis, to minor Geomagnetic Substorms and CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) occurences. They are lovely, rare light effects created by energy in the earth's atmosphere, either by the magnetic energy in the substorms, or from Solar flares releasing energy particles into the atmosphere. This creates what looks like a curtain of sorts, light filtering across the atmosphere in the sky above.
Relevance:
While Aurorae occur more frequently in higher magnetic latitudes, they do still occur in South Africa on certain occasions. During KP 8 and KP 9 storms, the Aurora Australis can often reach as far up as Cape Town, often seen up onto the horizon line. The stronger the CME, the stronger the appearance of the Aurora.

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:25 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Redemption
Existing Overlapping Domains: Penance, Salvation
Definition: The acting of redeeming oneself for one's past actions.
Relevance: There are many lions who have gone through the act of redemption, and feel the need to atone for their past misdeeds. To be redeemed is something any thinking being is capable of.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff