Welcome to Gaia! ::

Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Back to Guilds

A group for the young and old of Gaia to reminisce and hang out. 

Tags: Gaia Online, Geezers, Nostalgia, Discussion, Old Members 

Reply Old Geezers of Gaia Unite
What did your n00b outfit look like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:44 am
Charonai
sailorstar165

Yeah, it's a shame. I remember back in the day with the Fairy Wings. Now no one ever wears them... gonk

I've definitely seen a shift it mentality over the years. Back in the day, you could have an awesome avi with just gold shop and daily chance items. Now everyone acts as if the only way to have a good avi is to have all the cash items, especially the "body modifier" ones. The basic avi isn't really appreciated anymore for some reason. I personally love it, so I rarely use the leg mods

I like a lot of the older items, it's just hard with how they fit together with the newer color schemes and such now, or if the legs/stance is modified. The avatar base focus has pretty much been lost over the years, I feel like it's shifted pretty heavily into how many poses you can get out of the expensive items.

Yeah,, it's a shame. Few of the new items layer well with the old items. Even the old MCs don't layer well with the new cash stuff.

I prefer the older colors myself. They're so bright and happy. Nowadays everything seems to have gone to the washed out pastels... gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:19 pm
sailorstar165

Yeah,, it's a shame. Few of the new items layer well with the old items. Even the old MCs don't layer well with the new cash stuff.

I prefer the older colors myself. They're so bright and happy. Nowadays everything seems to have gone to the washed out pastels... gonk

I'm not a big fan of the new colors, or even the recolors of cash items... some are just weird gonk  

Charonai

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:40 am
Charonai
sailorstar165

I'm not a big fan of the new colors, or even the recolors of cash items... some are just weird gonk

Yeah, sometimes the colors are just plain weird. And some are just plain lazy, like all they did on the recolor was slide the color bar on the original item rather than actually recolor it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:37 pm
sailorstar165

Yeah, sometimes the colors are just plain weird. And some are just plain lazy, like all they did on the recolor was slide the color bar on the original item rather than actually recolor it.

I prefer different tints I think, or variations of pose. Then it's actually worth it to get a nice looking recolor.  

Charonai

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:14 am
Charonai
sailorstar165

I prefer different tints I think, or variations of pose. Then it's actually worth it to get a nice looking recolor.

I think I'd rather have new items then just recolors, you know? Though, I'd rather have new items in the gold shop than in the cash shop. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:26 pm
sailorstar165
Charonai
sailorstar165

I think I'd rather have new items then just recolors, you know? Though, I'd rather have new items in the gold shop than in the cash shop. sweatdrop
I haven't really been looking at new items lately, I just decided I'd work with the multitude that I have and try to create a singular outfit I can leave my avatar in. The two I have kinda look like twins the way I designed them, though I'd like horns too.  

Charonai

Kaleidomicroscopic

Eternal Lunatic

12,900 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:28 pm
Let me see if I can dig out any old images!  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:44 am
Kaleidomicroscopic
Let me see if I can dig out any old images!

Yeah, this is a lot harder now that Tektek's gone. gonk  

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50

Morrigan smiles

Ruthless Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:41 pm
Tek tek was grand! I really miss it. crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't have an image saved of my very first avi I made that I was proud of, but it was all G-LOL clothing, fox ears, fox tail, & when a friend gave me a Phoenix Circlet, I was beyond stoked. xD

My dream avi that I never completed was this one I've thrown in the spoiler below. The Angelic Sash was a dream item to me. I recently obtained it, though it has made me sad how cheap it's gotten. :c It used to be so special. I guess on the plus side, I could make this avi now. xD I wore this outfit a lot, sans the Sash of course, after I finally got rid of the G-LOL clothing.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Morava

13,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Trick or Treat 100

splashseal

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:02 pm
Avatar design: it ain't what it used to be! I remember the fairy wings being priced at 40k was so much! And the baby seal slippers always being out of my reach. I was finally able to get them when they were around 1 mil. I think that was when they first introduced GC and EIs were still relatively new. It's crazy to see the new prices of a lot of these things.

I'll have to see if I can remember what my original avi looked like. So different!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:45 pm
Back in 2003, the clothing options were a LOT more limited than even a year later. That having been said, I hustled until I could get a simple pair of
jeans, black t-shirt, and sneakers for my avi. This was a little easier than
later because there were "sponsor links" I could click for a little gold every
day.  

Steel Sterling

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:16 pm
sailorstar165
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
sailorstar165
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
sailorstar165
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
Found this little gem on my photobucket, so here's one of my first avi's I had after the peasant clothing. (I forgot my very first username was Riho16 lmao)
User Image

Nice. smile I kind of like it.

lol thanks. Can't believe it's still on my photobucket... actually I can't believe how long I've had my photobucket. I remember getting it because of gaia. XD

Ha ha, same. blaugh I have all kinds of junk on my photobucket. It's like a blast from the past looking at some of the earliest stuff on there.

I know right.
I couldn't find anything else... but now I am curious about very old posts I made in the forums now.

Ha ha, I wouldn't want to see my very old posts. xd I think I'd be horrified by my old posts.

so I come and go on here often, life keeps me quite busy. I'm off on my study week currently so I have been on gaia more than usual, I was trying to find my old posts and found I couldn't see some of them any more, it made me sad. I remember posting a lot just so I could earn some gold to buy some different items from the gold shop.

New gaia sucks by the way, while I am rich now because of the old items I have, all the announcements I've seen has been for gcash items and sales. Seriously, do they not update the gold shops at all any more? Or funnel money into other things besides the cash shop? Seriously they took away zomg, fishing is still apparently broken, and shops have nothing great in them. =/
I think this is truly the reason I stopped coming on here so much, I feel like there's nothing here any more.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:17 pm
Morava
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't have an image saved of my very first avi I made that I was proud of, but it was all G-LOL clothing, fox ears, fox tail, & when a friend gave me a Phoenix Circlet, I was beyond stoked. xD

My dream avi that I never completed was this one I've thrown in the spoiler below. The Angelic Sash was a dream item to me. I recently obtained it, though it has made me sad how cheap it's gotten. :c It used to be so special. I guess on the plus side, I could make this avi now. xD I wore this outfit a lot, sans the Sash of course, after I finally got rid of the G-LOL clothing.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I recognize that avi! Did you used to have a different username on here? I swear we used to chat in another guild.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

sailorstar165
Captain

Kawaii Bibliophile

26,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:19 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
sailorstar165
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
sailorstar165
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

lol thanks. Can't believe it's still on my photobucket... actually I can't believe how long I've had my photobucket. I remember getting it because of gaia. XD

Ha ha, same. blaugh I have all kinds of junk on my photobucket. It's like a blast from the past looking at some of the earliest stuff on there.

I know right.
I couldn't find anything else... but now I am curious about very old posts I made in the forums now.

Ha ha, I wouldn't want to see my very old posts. xd I think I'd be horrified by my old posts.

so I come and go on here often, life keeps me quite busy. I'm off on my study week currently so I have been on gaia more than usual, I was trying to find my old posts and found I couldn't see some of them any more, it made me sad. I remember posting a lot just so I could earn some gold to buy some different items from the gold shop.

New gaia sucks by the way, while I am rich now because of the old items I have, all the announcements I've seen has been for gcash items and sales. Seriously, do they not update the gold shops at all any more? Or funnel money into other things besides the cash shop? Seriously they took away zomg, fishing is still apparently broken, and shops have nothing great in them. =/
I think this is truly the reason I stopped coming on here so much, I feel like there's nothing here any more.

They put new items in the shop every month or so, usually with some kind of theme. Some of them are fun and I add them to my wishlist to get at some point. 3nodding  
Old Geezers of Gaia Unite

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff