Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Crypt of Creepy Creatures

Back to Guilds

Charitable Creeps and things that go bump in the night. 

Tags: creepy, creatures, charity, gifts, horror 

Reply Creepy (and Non-Creepy) Interests!
Creepy (and non-creepy) Movie Recommendations! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hallow Eve Girl

Ghostly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:29 pm
I know it maybe off topic but could anyone help me with my profile movie list? <3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm
ReinAgim
Although not horror and only a little creepy, Cloud Atlas is currently my favorite movie of all time. It was seriously life changing to find something so wonderful. The movie follows the perspective of six different people and explores how our actions affect the lives of everyone, future or present. It's overall a beautiful movie. Very underrated in my opinion. It has people in it like Tom Hanks, Hallie Barry, and Hugo Weaving. It was an independent film.

I have been interested in seeing this. 3nodding  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Abomination 100

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:08 pm
Horror Host
I know it maybe off topic but could anyone help me with my profile movie list? <3

You mean putting a list on your profile?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 am
THE Corpse Reviews-

Herschell Gordon Lewis. Director, often called the "Godfather of Gore."

-Monster a Go-Go! (1965): an astronaut returns to earth, somehow is transformed into a monster, and a team of scientists try to track him down.

This is cited as the worst film in movie history.
I disagree based on the fact that so many more crappy films have been made since this was released. Don't get me wrong...this film is bad...just not the worst ever. If you like B-movies you'd probably enjoy this goofy, plot-ridden film.
Mystery Science Theater 3000 featured this on the show. They made it AMAZING!

-The Adventures of Lucky Pierre (1961) is a comedy with various sketches featuring Pierre and naked women.

Most of the laughs are based around the fact that Pierre is a total pervert. This film also has huge stereotypes that may piss you off if you are easily offended. (the year it was filmed in I wasn't surprised.) I found a lot of this not funny and boring.

-The Wizard of Gore (1970): Montag the Magnificent performs realistic gore tricks on audience members who later (after returning home) die in a similar fashion.

This is a really nicely done warped reality style film. The only complaint I have is some of the gore effects are weird...but in a campy way. I like it.

-A Taste of Blood (1967): a newly made vampire travels to England for revenge on Abraham Van Helsing's descendants.

There are a lot of long, drawn out scenes that have nothing to do with the plot...and not enough gore. I also could have done without the two hour run time. Those things being said...I really enjoyed this. I'm a huge fan of b-movies and this one here fits the category well.

-The Gore Gore Girls (1972): a private investigator and a reporter investigate some murders at a strip club.

This film is filled with some of the most weird suspects on the planet. And weird killings. And a total jerk for a main character. It's so campy and odd that I just love it.

-Blood Feast (1963) and Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat (2002): The plot of both films are the same- a possessed man creates a blood feast in tribute to the goddess Ishtar.

The plot is extremely simple (and kind of stupid) but the gore effects are presented quite nicely in both of these films. Both the main characters are completely creepy and untrustworthy...probably because they are from the same family. There's even a humorous aspect in character interactions. These are great.

The goddess Ishtar has interesting stories.

-Two Thousand Maniacs! (1964): a southern town takes vengeance on northerners using various murder games.

I am pretty impressed by the death scenes and the inventive plot. It still has that b-movie feel that all of HGL's films have, but it stays on task quite well.

This film was remade in 2005, 2001 Maniacs, with a completely appropriate cast of Robert Englund, Lin Shaye, and Giuseppe Andrews. Now, normally, I despise remakes...but I have to confess to loving this one just as much as the original. Awesome.

Now when I heard a sequel was being made called 2001 Maniacs: Field of Screams (2010) I was excited. When I saw the cast included Bill Moseley and Nivek Ogre I was super excited. I mean they made movie magic in Repo! The Genetic Opera and The Devil's Carnival, so what could go wrong?

EVERYTHING. Everything is wrong with this film. I had to take repeated breaks from watching it so I could just mentally cope with what I was seeing.
People are always telling me that I'm too hard on this film and that Tim Sullivan (the director) did the best he could in the time frame he had.
NO. I don't care how much of a time frame you are given, your job as a director is to put something out there that is going to entertain an audience. I was completely not entertained...this is an epic fail. And the worst film I have ever seen in my life.

Anyway, back to HGL with one more of his movies.

-Color Me Blood Red (1965): a struggling artist finds the perfect shade of red from his victims to complete his works.

I know there are a lot of eccentric artists out there...but this main character, Adam Sorge, is totally creepy. His conversations with people...his interactions...his reactions...everything about this guy is completely off. It's interesting, to me, to see a character with so many personality flaws. Another great b-movie.

Every time I watch this I am reminded of the Tales from the Crypt episode Easel Kill Ya with Tim Roth. It kind of falls along the same lines.

Happy watching, Creeps! smile  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

ReinAgim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:52 am
THE Red Corpse
ReinAgim
Although not horror and only a little creepy, Cloud Atlas is currently my favorite movie of all time. It was seriously life changing to find something so wonderful. The movie follows the perspective of six different people and explores how our actions affect the lives of everyone, future or present. It's overall a beautiful movie. Very underrated in my opinion. It has people in it like Tom Hanks, Hallie Barry, and Hugo Weaving. It was an independent film.

I have been interested in seeing this. 3nodding

If you ever get the chance, don't pass up watching it. It's long, like 3 hours or so(maybe less. I can't remember.) but I've watched it like eight times and I still cry and feel in awe.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:30 am
THE Red Corpse
Horror Host

I have a list in my profile already and I'm trying to add more movies.  

Hallow Eve Girl

Ghostly Pumpkin

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 pm
Horror Host
THE Red Corpse
Horror Host

While on your profile just click the "Edit My Profile" at the top. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 am
THE Red Corpse
Horror Host
THE Red Corpse
Horror Host

Do you have any suggestions is what I mean?  

Hallow Eve Girl

Ghostly Pumpkin

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:23 pm
Horror Host
THE Red Corpse
Horror Host
THE Red Corpse
Horror Host

Do you have any suggestions is what I mean?

Oh...you're looking for kid friendly films? Oooooo....I'd have to think about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:15 am

creepy movies i adore:

x alien - if you haven't seen this scifi / horror classic, you're really missing out. ridley scott is a master of suspense and showing, not telling.

x event horizon - i'm amazed by the amount of people who haven't seen this movie! seriously, it's on netflix, go watch it. possibly the greatest scifi / horror film of all time, in my opinion. it takes the genre to the next level and the gore effects are incredible.

x ju-on - the original japanese "grudge", it completely blows the american version out of the water. probably the only movie that has given me nightmares as an adult.

x christine - yeah, it might be on the cheesy side, but there's something about killer inanimate objects that haunts my nightmares in the best way.

x rosemary's baby - i love this movie so much, i wish i had been the one to create it. though it's more psychological than anything, the delicacy with which this twisted tale is handled is something rarely seen among horror films. the payoff might not be until the very end, but it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.

x the fog(1980) - yet another that treads dangerously close to the cheesy side, but the premise is just creepy enough that it can get under your skin.

x poltergeist - chances are everyone has seen this already, but this is seriously the movie that made me want to get into special effects for a living.

x meet the feebles - okay, this movie is really twisted in more ways than one, but if you're like me and you're unsettled by puppets that remind you of the animatronics at chucky cheese's then this'll creep you out.

x womb - this is very much a scifi movie and very understated, but just watch it and chances are you'll feel pretty unsettled.

aaaaaand that's all i can think of for now, enjoy

milkless

Codger

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 pm
daryl dixonsass

creepy movies i adore:

x alien - if you haven't seen this scifi / horror classic, you're really missing out. ridley scott is a master of suspense and showing, not telling.

x event horizon - i'm amazed by the amount of people who haven't seen this movie! seriously, it's on netflix, go watch it. possibly the greatest scifi / horror film of all time, in my opinion. it takes the genre to the next level and the gore effects are incredible.

x ju-on - the original japanese "grudge", it completely blows the american version out of the water. probably the only movie that has given me nightmares as an adult.

x christine - yeah, it might be on the cheesy side, but there's something about killer inanimate objects that haunts my nightmares in the best way.

x rosemary's baby - i love this movie so much, i wish i had been the one to create it. though it's more psychological than anything, the delicacy with which this twisted tale is handled is something rarely seen among horror films. the payoff might not be until the very end, but it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole way through.

x the fog(1980) - yet another that treads dangerously close to the cheesy side, but the premise is just creepy enough that it can get under your skin.

x poltergeist - chances are everyone has seen this already, but this is seriously the movie that made me want to get into special effects for a living.

x meet the feebles - okay, this movie is really twisted in more ways than one, but if you're like me and you're unsettled by puppets that remind you of the animatronics at chucky cheese's then this'll creep you out.

x womb - this is very much a scifi movie and very understated, but just watch it and chances are you'll feel pretty unsettled.

aaaaaand that's all i can think of for now, enjoy

That's an extra sweet list of movies. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:19 am
Two remakes that do not hold up to the originals:

The Omen and The Wicker Man. Is it a coincidence that both of these were made in 2006?

The Omen remake annoys me for one reason- it is (pretty much) a scene for scene remake of the original. Couldn't they have done something even slightly different with the main story?
Even the dialog is the same!

Were they just too cheap to hire a writer? Did they think: oh when this movie first came out it was solid gold...so why change anything?

Mia Farrow was the only good thing about this film. And the one thing they did change was to add a extended fight scene with her and Liev Schreiber. I enjoyed that immensely.

The kid wasn't as creepy, though, and it disappointed me.

Still, the performances were much better in the original. See that one instead.

As for The Wicker Man...they did slightly change the story. Which, surprisingly, didn't make me roll my eyes to heaven.

As opposed to The Omen, I wasn't really annoyed with the scenes...but the dialog was awful...

..but not as awful as Nicolas Cage.

What the hell happened to him? I grew up watching his films...a lot of good films...but what the hell happened??? Did he forget how to act?

This film has developed a cult following because of the poor acting. I just don't get it. I can't even find this amusing to enjoy the film. Every time Cage appears with his crap self I wanted to punch the screen.

The original is slower paced...but it wins over this atrocity of a remake.  

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100

THE Red Corpse

Captain

Unholy of Hearts

46,225 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:05 pm
Bumping this bad boy up too. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:20 pm
I would HIGHLY recommend The Babadook (2014) heart

HELLO.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

tooticky

Tiny Explorer

mothare

Nymph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:34 pm
tooticky
I would HIGHLY recommend The Babadook (2014) heart

HELLO.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image{Oooh, I wanted to watch it so much, but it wasn't in the cinema in my city T__T But I'm gonna watch it someday anyway.  
Creepy (and Non-Creepy) Interests!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff