Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:43 am
Well, thanks very much wink  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:40 pm
So Mel, which one of those mid-terms was the hardest one and why?  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:55 am
hypnocrown
My music history midterm was definatly the hardest. My teacher puts so much information into each chapter that it was hard to know what to study for. I still hadn't really goten used to his testing style, so I was a little out of sorts. The test was over 3-4 chapters, I can't remember which, so there was about 6 or 7 pages to the test. We also had to identify peices of music, both by listening and by identifying the score. That must have been the hardest part. I'm good at the listening part of it, but the score recognition is hard. And it's not that you just say the name of the song and the composer, but you have to put in any discriptive thing about the song that you can remember, tempo, form, instruments, rhythm, if it's a fugue or a cantata...*trails of still muttering different music terms*. Yeah... that one was definatly the hardest.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:00 am
Melody Rhyme
hypnocrown
My music history midterm was definatly the hardest. My teacher puts so much information into each chapter that it was hard to know what to study for. I still hadn't really goten used to his testing style, so I was a little out of sorts. The test was over 3-4 chapters, I can't remember which, so there was about 6 or 7 pages to the test. We also had to identify peices of music, both by listening and by identifying the score. That must have been the hardest part. I'm good at the listening part of it, but the score recognition is hard. And it's not that you just say the name of the song and the composer, but you have to put in any discriptive thing about the song that you can remember, tempo, form, instruments, rhythm, if it's a fugue or a cantata...*trails of still muttering different music terms*. Yeah... that one was definatly the hardest.
Ouch... sounds harsh... my condolances.  

Youkai_Kurama

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:27 am
Darn! I can see why now. Poor Mel... But maybe all that might make Mel better at what she will end up doing. Who knows?

I do wonder what the other midterm was about...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:32 pm
Yes, it will make me better at being a musician. It's always good to know the history of where your talent, aria of study, came from. My other final was in ethics. We've been studying Aristotle and Aquines and both of thier views on ethics and the world. Our midterm was to basically take a normal ethical question, like say abortion or criminal punishment, and answer it from Aristotle's view, Aquines's view, and our view. We needed to give life-time examples.... like say I was to lie to my friend and then I would get in trouble for it.. or something like that.....sorry it's hard to do without an actuall premis....but you get the general idea. I like writing essays where I can apply it to my life and show the teacher that I really do know and understand the material we are going over in classes. whee 3nodding  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

[I.will.Carry.You]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:20 pm
Awsome, I got accepted. I wanted to come here first to introduce myself....so...

Im Tracy.....
I have seen all of the episodes, in both Japanese and English but I have yet to see the OVAs...
Im a big fan of RK but im not one of those crazy in love fan girls, though I dont have nothing against them I like a whole lot of other anime too though. Soo I shall be joining the other topics to talk in now, and Ill remain here for a time.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:25 pm
Melody Rhyme
Yes, it will make me better at being a musician. It's always good to know the history of where your talent, aria of study, came from. My other final was in ethics. We've been studying Aristotle and Aquines and both of thier views on ethics and the world. Our midterm was to basically take a normal ethical question, like say abortion or criminal punishment, and answer it from Aristotle's view, Aquines's view, and our view. We needed to give life-time examples.... like say I was to lie to my friend and then I would get in trouble for it.. or something like that.....sorry it's hard to do without an actuall premis....but you get the general idea. I like writing essays where I can apply it to my life and show the teacher that I really do know and understand the material we are going over in classes. whee 3nodding

Hmm, sounds great Mel. We could all use ethics & morals in life. I can think of a few that need those values desperately (I rather not say but some of you may know who I'm thinking about). sweatdrop  

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:27 pm
dakota14
Awsome, I got accepted. I wanted to come here first to introduce myself....so...

Im Tracy.....
I have seen all of the episodes, in both Japanese and English but I have yet to see the OVAs...
Im a big fan of RK but im not one of those crazy in love fan girls, though I dont have nothing against them I like a whole lot of other anime too though. Soo I shall be joining the other topics to talk in now, and Ill remain here for a time.

Welcome to this awesome guild Tracy! We hope you like it here a lot. Or at least half as much as I do.

BTW, sorry for not being here the past few days. It was crazy around here; don't ask...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:57 pm
hypnocrown
Melody Rhyme

Hmm, sounds great Mel. We could all use ethics & morals in life. I can think of a few that need those values desperately (I rather not say but some of you may know who I'm thinking about). sweatdrop
If it is anyone in the guild please tell Janus or me. There are limits that we set, not everyone should be a member, especially if they are being disrespectful.  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:46 pm
That's ok Mel, I haven't heard about that girl since I blocked her and I sort of wonder if she even shows up in the guild anymore. Remember one of the first posts I made here? I think that particular post is erased now cuz I haven't seen it lately. Oh well...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:07 am
maybe it just dissappeard to teh second page, after all, you seem to be getting the last post in a lot of different threads hypno.  

Harold Eastwood

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:48 am
No, I've seen the second page and believe me, It's gone. The topic's gone.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:31 pm
It's possible that Janus saw the person being "bad" and deleted it. He might have warned/banned her as well... I'll have to ask him sometime. 3nodding  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

hypnocrown

Unbeatable Werewolf

6,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:59 pm
Oh, ok. I did see the member being in the list a while back but I haven't checked. So yes, it would be good if you asked him about that Mel. Thanx!  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 32 33 34 35 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff