Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] The Thinning Veil (Seance Crew) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:35 pm
"Slitting throats is a proud tradition," clarified Liam, gesturing with his knife in a way not befitting his otherwise impeccable table manners.

He looked over at Temperance, silverware returning to its intended purpose. "You are correct, my dear - it is a matter of who, not what. As was made clear at the ball, the purpose of the tithe was to strengthen the cage - but your chosen representative voted to sacrifice one of the very pillars of the magic."

He dragged a potato around his plate.

"This is, of course, recap," he added. "You all know this, do you not?"

Kolina

The Semblance of Unity

Endejester

Elkbones

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:43 pm
The table talk was certainly something. Casual conversations about slitting throats and the like. Shun was eating begrudgingly, keeping to himself for a short time while he listened to the others go on about it.

He was more than aware of the decision of tithe, as well as the reasoning behind it.

Still, he wondered if there could have been another way to destroy the cage. But it was far too late now anyway. What was done was done.

Silverah
The semblance of unity
elkbones
kolina
endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:56 pm
"Seriously? " She looked at Liam as he spoke so highly of a terrible tradition. "It's sickening enough that people needed to die for the cage but to call it a proud tradition? That's bending reality, in my personal opinion." Juniper put down her utensils. She had eaten a good bit of the meal but the topic at hand was becoming too much for her to stomach. Sure, she hasn't witnessed the murder but that didn't mean she wasn't affected by it.

"It's a shame we couldn't get through this cycle without having to kill anyone at that crazy ball."

So much for holding her tongue.

silverah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm
Liam shot Juniper a hooded look. "I tire of judging the morals of Otherbeings, Temperance," he said to her. "It's hardly good dinner conversation."

He gestured to her abandoned utensils. "I hope you haven't lost your appetite."

To the whole table, he stated, "I don't mean to rush you all, but the witching hour doth approach."

Kolina

the semblance of unity

blade kuroda

elkbones

Endejester

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:29 pm
“Our host… has a point. Especially in regards to the ball, there were other options. They just weren’t taken, considered, or moved on quickly enough.“

Zac said quietly.

“I’m um… ready for the main event if that’s what you mean. I’m curious. As good as this dinner is, and it’s very nice, I’m curious if anything will happen.

Silverah

Kolina

the semblance of unity

blade kuroda

Endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:22 am
Temperance set down her silverware. She was done pretending to eat. She was fully aware of the failures of the ball, and did not need to be reminded of them.

"Yes, let's move on." If he called her Juniper again, she was going to start calling him Renard. Or something.

Silverah

Kolina

endejester

blade kuroda

Endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:20 pm
Juniper glanced down the table to the others before sighing. They were right. Nothing could be done about what happened at the ball anyway.

When Liam called her Temperance again though, Juniper found herself irritated once again. I'll be dammed if Iam going to give him the satisfication of knowing he's ticking me off by calling me Temperence. Especially since I know he's doing it on purpose. "Iam full, thank you." She said as kindly as she could muster, which was actually very sincere sounding considering her current state. "I agree with the others, let's get to tonight's festivities."

silverah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:25 pm
Shun did not wish to linger on this subject longer than needed either. The tension in the air was growing thick. He could feel it.

"I would not mind moving on as well," he murmured.

Silverah
The semblance of unity
elkbones
kolina
endejester

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:06 pm
Liam nodded, rising to his feet. "Well," he said to the guests around the table. "I can see that you're all quite finished eating. Let's get to the fun part!"

He stepped away from the table, touching Temperance's shoulder lightly as he passed her. "If you would all please join me in the parlor..." he said, trailing off as he crossed into the living room. He gestured to the sofas, though he remained standing.

"Please. Make yourselves comfortable," he said. "While there's no way to know for certain what awaits us... I'm sure it'll be fun."

the semblance of unity

Kolina

Endejester

Blade Kuroda

Elkbones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:44 am
Zac followed cautiously, glancing at the others and worrying about silly things like that brief touch on Temperance’s shoulder.
He found a seat with no particular objective in mind for his own placement, though he did keep his eyes on their still standing host.

Silverah

the semblance of unity

Kolina

Blade Kuroda

Elkbones

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:08 pm
Juniper pushed away her seat from the table after wiping her mouth off on her napkin which she laid beside her plate. Standing, she followed Liam and the rest of the group over to the sofas that surrounded the crystal ball.

Not having any want to play musical chairs as people situated themselves, Juniper plopped herself down right next to Zac and gave him a playful bump on the shoulder with her own and smiled. "Ok?" she mouthed to him, turning her face away so Liam wouldn't see her. It was obvious that Zac was a little tense, and Juniper worried.

Silverah

endejester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:35 pm
Temperance wrinkled her nose when Liam touched her shoulder and resisted the (very strong, very urgent) urge to shake his hand off. Luckily, it was a quick press, nothing more, and she too rose to head to the parlor.

She sat across from Juniper and Zac and waited patiently. "So, crystal balls or ouija boards?" She gave Zac a small wave.

siverah
endejester

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:34 pm
"Crystal ball," said Liam, gesturing to the orb on the table. He looked around, bouncing excitedly on his heels as he waited for them all to take their seats. When they were all settled, he waved his hand through the air, and the lights in the room dimmed - and the candles flared.

"Now, please, join hands and repeat after me - this won't work if you don't all play along," he said, holding his hands out to the nearest guests. He cleared his throat.

"Spirits of the past, move among us. Be guided by the light of this world and visit upon us," said Liam.

The air in the room felt suddenly chill.

Quote:
The spirit will be among us in just a second! Please wait until it has made its first statement to reply!

the Semblance of Unity

Kolina

Endejester

Elkbones

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:41 pm
The cold air seemed to swirl about the group. Its fingers wormed its way beneath the collars of the men, over the napes of the women. But they lingered longest on Thorne, a whisper of something borne on a dark, dark wind the last thing he knew...

All at once, Thorne's body language shifted. His shoulders rounded, his head tilted, almost coquettish. He traced the fingers of one hand over the tattoos exposed at his wrist as if he'd never seen them before. His eyelashes fluttered and he paused for a moment, the muscles of his shoulders jerking still as he seemed to realize where he was. "Why am I here?" Even his voice sounded different. Higher, softer in pitch, the tones more rounded than before. "What do you want?"

He looked around the room, but the frozen expression was not one Thorne had ever worn.

elkbones
Thorne has been possessed by the spirit! You will have control back on my next post.
The Semblance of Unity
Kolina
endejester
Blade Kuroda
Silverah
wah-wah-waaaaaaah

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:54 pm
Somewhat reluctantly, Shun went along with the whole hand holding and whatnot. He had some fairly low expectations, though the sudden chill in the room had him wondering just what was going to happen.

There seemed to be a sort of breeze, and he felt something, though he wasn't sure what it was. His eyes narrowed while he tried to pick out just what was going on.

When Thorne shifted, he tilted his head, eyeing the man. He was moving about strangely. Then there was that voice and expression that he used.

"... Well either you are a very good actor, or something just took a hold of you," he stated flatly.
Silverah
The semblance of unity
elkbones
kolina
endejester
Shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers