rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[1922] All the Rowboats Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:36 pm
Preacher Maria | 25/25
+1 persausion, +1 combat

Wow, he sounded like a pervert. "Why're you puttin' emphasis on the words like that? N' you think an afterlife is real?" she butted in, curious (well, curious about the last bit; the first question was purely rhetoric). Preacher was half-convinced this Sunny was a robot and should probably be left alone, so she'd wandered off to join the little group of people, plate of food in hand. And by join, it meant the Preacher had walked over to hover nearby, her slight figure not exactly the most eye-catching thing.

She resisted the urge to crack her neck and instead looked at each of the people in turn. One of them didn't look so great... "Hey," she nudged Alexis. "You alright?"

azuredreams
daekie
nudging 2k16 alexis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:15 pm
"I put emphasis on what I like," he replies to the newcomer, an eyebrow raised. Preacher is given a once over, Alois's eyes settling on her face; it is uncomfortable. "... and what I like is earthly delights." If it bothers her, then it is repeated. With more emphasis.

Yet he starts to laugh again, this time much longer and his glass actually shakes in his hand. "Were you not listening? I don't believe in the afterlife. It is nonsense, something fed to the masses to make them behave. Do good, something kindly awaits you. Do bad, something foul awaits you. There is nothing," he says, accent thick, as he straightens, "but darkness that awaits. What we do in this life with our own hands- that is what matters."

The 5emblance of Unity

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
quite uneventful rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:35 pm
          veronica villanueva - 25HP
          +2 persuasion
          +1 combat/agility

Veronica was a little startled when Alexis responded to her-- She didn't know it was something so commonly known. Was that something they had even in their time? She'd never seen or heard of it. Hearing the other Alexis begin to respond to her questions, Veronica's gaze turned to her, mixing the wine in it's cup a little. "I understand. My small town is rather calm as well." She continued to listen, blinking. "I might have heard of it in passing... Still, we're both from out of town. We've only arrived a mere few days ago." Veronica's attention turned toward Alois as he spoke a little... Suggestively. Veronica felt her insides curl, disgusted but still keeping her composure. "It is certainly hard to prove." Though she was quite sure Sunny's previous display in their time was enough to make her a believer. At Preacher's entrance, Veronica offered her a smile and a hand gesture in welcome before before turning back to other-Alexis. (She'd definitely noticed how disturbing Alois was acting, but once again, stayed silent. If things got too disturbing, maybe they could make a quick exit, or something.) Veronica still seemed very interested in the disappearances. "Would it be too much to ask for their names? It is honestly terrible to hear about it..." Veronica pursed her lips. "And no information has been released or found on them or their whereabouts?" It was a lot to ask all this to someone who didn't live here, though. Maybe she was better off wandering to another group and bringing it up there. It seemed pretty important. Or... Asking Alexander Shore. He seemed pretty important.

azuredreams
alexis/alois!

Daekie
'lexis

The Semblance of Unity
eyy hello

Daekie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:43 pm
Alexis Tucker / 25/25

If Alexis is bothered by this Alois' words, again, they don't show it -- in fact, they show so little of anything that it takes them a few seconds to notice Preacher's nudge, only tilting their head towards her as a sign they're aware at all, eyes half-focused. "I'm fine." (They're not fine.) "...I think I've heard of those three, actually. Michael, Heliodora, Adoelle?" It was a shot in the dark, but -- they'd been dragged into this whole mess back in spring, when the disappearances were new and there was still a chance for the children to go home -- maybe it was all connected.

"It's plenty easy to prove. Practitioners just aren't interested in parlor tricks. But I do have to agree with you -" and to Alois, for the first time, still not glancing at him (the floor, Preacher's hands, Veronica's hands, anything and anyone but) - "there is nothing after."

quite uneventful
veronica

azuredreams
alexis/alois -- rolled because i wasn't sure, feel free to disregard

The Semblance of Unity
preacher

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:57 pm
Preacher Maria | 25/25
+1 to persausion, +1 to combat

"Uwaaahhh," she said, in a drawn-out monotone. "You're a pervert, I gotcha." ********' gross. Keep that PDA and sex s**t in the bedroom, she thought grumpily. And Alexis looked about five hundred percent not fine, like someone who was watching so hard for warning signs that they forgot to play pretend at society themselves.

"I've heard of 'em, too. The three, yeah?" They were here, too, what the fuuuuck. "I'm Preacher, by the way." She winked at Veronica. Then she looked at Alexis. "M'eyes are up here, big guy." She then actually crack her neck, just once, but it felt nice. The weight of her hair piled up under her cap was giving her the most horrendous headache.

quite uneventful
daekie
azurdreams

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:12 pm
Jordan Miller - 25/25

"You've been in this situation before?" Jordan asked curiously. It sounded like the man was referring to something more than just the event, the reading that they were currently attending. Something more abstract. Jordan had just intended to make small talk, ease into conversation, but this conversation was angling in a rather odd direction.

medigel
Marcus

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:28 pm
"And you," Alois smiles at Preacher, "are doing a disservice to the person that invited you as I doubt you are anyone of worth who was invited directly." As in on the invite list because they wanted her here. Not that he pays her any attention after that though he does make a point to look her direction every so often.

Smiles at her just because.

Alexis, on the other hand, seems the slightest bit amused but it's hidden away quickly. "Your friend already named them," she tells Veronica. "I've never learned their last names."

"Mitchell, Winters, and ... Nashua, I think," Alois says thoughtfully. "I visited their families recently to inquire if they would want plots or to make use of my services." They weren't even dead yet simply missing. His response pulls a put-upon sigh from Alexis.

"No one really knows anything," Alexis continues on, "just that they've gone missing." Or she simply did not know because they were beneath her notice until they proved interesting.

"It is," the undertaker speaks up at Alexis's last remark about parlor tricks, "a very particular brand of magic that is in use. Parlor tricks are not part of it, nor chicanery or sleight-of-hand; the tools of a common street magician." He gives them a measuring gaze, studying them now.

Daekie

quite uneventful

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:57 am
"I disagree," says Alexander. He's returned with another glass of wine and his own plate of tiny cakes. If Alois is ogling, Alexander is being way too polite. He won't even look straight at any of the newcomers. (Or Alexis North, actually. Definitely not Alexis North.) "If the existence of magic is not up for debate, a source for the magic must exist. I've discussed this with you before, Scholz."

He sips the (totally illegal) wine. He smiles thinly. "I believe we will be starting soon."

Daekie
quite uneventful
The Semblance of Unity
azuredreams

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 pm
          veronica villanueva - 25HP
          +2 persuasion
          +1 combat/agility

Veronica tried not to let Alexis's lack of reaction worry her. Usually, they had at least a grumpy frown on, but. She supposed the situation was uncomfortable, being right in front of their double. Their response, however, did startle her-- the names, they seemed familiar to her, somehow. Veronica dimly remembered hearing of disappearances happening in the city, but she hadn't been around then-- She'd been visiting family overseas. She was tempted to ask how exactly could magic be easy to prove, then again, it was Alexis. Water-bending Alexis who could somehow manage to secure them both an invite. She bit her tongue.

She was thankful Preacher called Alois out, but didn't appreciate the creepy stare the other received from him afterward. Continuing to listen to other-Alexis, Veronica felt her cheeks redden slightly from embarrassment. "Yes, so it seems. They must make sure to inform me better." Vero gave them a playful tilt of her head, releasing a soft ohoho as Alois continued to speak of magic and Alexander returned to their group. She took another sip from the wine and stared at it, lost in thought, going over Alexander's words in her mind, instinctively thinking of Sunny. From what she understood, that theory must've definitely been true, but she stayed quiet.

Looking up from the red liquid, Veronica blinked, startled. Already? She wished she could've asked more questions. "Ah. Well that's quite alright. I've been very ready to listen."

azuredreams
alexis/alois!

Daekie
'lexis

shibrogane
'xander!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:22 pm
Alexis Tucker / 25/25

Mitchell, Winters, Nashua. The same three teens from their own time - magic had no taste for coincidences that meant nothing, they'd slowly learned. But -- it did raise a question. What sort of constant were they? What sort of constant was anyone here, with their doubles, their charmed lives? (Alexis hadn't been a great history student, but a few things didn't quite match up; it was possible, however, it was only their memory.

Maybe this was the real world. Maybe their world, with Sunny Shore glitching and glowing in front of a crack in the world, was an illusion and they belonged here -- no. No no no. They wouldn't think that, because it couldn't be true, it couldn't be. Everything is wrong.)

Alexis takes a second to come back to themself, then, because Alois' gaze on them is -- they will not think about it, not now. The magic thrums under their skin like it wants to get out, but they won't let it, not until they know everything is controlled. "You can fake magic if intelligent enough. I prefer not to demonstrate my own talents in public." They slant a knowing gaze towards Veronica; she's seen what they can do, the raining sky splitting in two, she can confirm if Alois questions further. And then, a glance to Alexander('s hands, his shoulders, anything but his face, they cannot look in anyone's eyes), with a slight bow (have they seen him somewhere before?) - "I'm afraid we haven't been introduced, sir. Alexis Tucker." They are perfectly polite, not a hair out of place, not an emotion on their face. Anyone's canvas.

"I know," is all the acknowledgement they give Preacher. They still won't look her in the eye.

quite uneventful
veronica

azuredreams
alexis/alois

shibrogane
alexander

the semblance of unity
preacher

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

kyllswitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:36 pm
Kell Braumeister- 25/25
+2 at/combat

Kell opened the door as gently as she could. Glancing around, she tried to find a familiar face. Noticing a few, she realized several of her timers were there. There was a well dressed woman, a few guys, and she thought she remembered one who told the second crazy chick that her name was Preacher. Not wanting to disturb conversations, Kell slid around the edges of the room and came to the refreshment tables. She immediately threw a small square in her mouth, and several on to a plate. There was wine, but she didn't want to venture drinking in public. After finishing several more squares, she plopped a few more on and moved toward the seats. Passing a group of several strangers, she caught a lilt of conversation
"...sigil is being painted...my artistic talents...."
Doing her best (but failing) not to stare at the woman, Kell sat in the back row of seats. She kept a close eye and strained ear to their conversation.
azuredreams
Alexis and Alois are being watched

The Semblance of Unity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:23 pm
Preacher Maria | 25/25
+1 persuasion, +1 combat

Preacher smiled thinly at Alois. "I was invited 'cause of what I kin do. N' likewise, m'not a trick pony who's goin' ta show you." The smile grew into her usually cheeky grin. Had to n** that idea in the bud. Another gentleman walked up (she'd seen him before, standing with Alois), and her attention turned to him, dismissing the undertaker as super creepy, but harmless within this situation. She frowned as the other spoke, though. Wasn't Sunny the source of magic and, well, she was sitting right here in the room. She looked kind of weird, however, and wasn't as lively as what Preacher was used to.

"Well," she said to the group at large. "What is the readin' about, anyhow? N' what's up with Sunny?" Preacher jerked her thumb over at the girl who still sat, alone, in the middle of the seats.

shlbrogane
azurdreams
daekle
qulte uneventful

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

KitsuneAura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:48 pm
Acacia Bryant - 25/25
+2 persuasion

"Ah, there you are, Darcie." Acacia came to a stop at her friend's side, holding out one of the two wine glasses she'd retrieved from the other side of the room. Admittedly, Darcie hadn't actually asked for the wine, but she figured it would be apology enough for all the stalling she'd done in coming over here. Even with new clothes to help fit in, this gathering was involved with magic and thus probably tied into all of this chaotic mess they'd found themselves in, and she still wasn't comfortable at all with the fact that she didn't know what to expect. But there'd only been so much lingering around the sides of the room one could do before it got ridiculous, and so here she was at last.

"I'm so sorry if I'm interrupting," she continued, turning a warm smile on the three strangers, "but thank you for keeping Darcie company." People in this timeline hadn't always been pleasant to her so far, and Acacia was only glad that Darcie seemed to have found a group that wouldn't do the same. "My name's Acacia. Acacia Bryant. Pleasure to meet you." She hesitated then for just a second, deciding whether it would be impolite to continue or if she should just let Darcie continue the conversation herself for another minute, then decided it couldn't hurt to go ahead.

"I couldn't help overhearing what you said just now, about the reading tonight being particularly interesting? To be honest, I didn't get much information with my invitation," and if admitting that turned out to be a wrong step, at least she'd left it open for Darcie to pretend that she'd been in the know and forgotten to share. "Do you mind my asking what that topic is?"

wasn't sure if I needed to roll but just in case! -waves at west group-
azuredreams
Asiya
medigel
Christopher
silverah
Arthur
micillia
-comes in four pages late with wine-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:51 am
There is a growing feeling of pressure in the air.

Something is about to happen...

Quote:
Something will change tonight at 9pm PST!

Jordan Miller
Prolixity
invited

Veronica Villenueva
quite uneventful
invited

Darcie O'Hare
Micillia
invited

Evangeline Crofter
StarSpaceCase

Alexis Tucker
Daekie
invited!

Preacher Maria
The Semblance of Unity
invited

Chris Watts
PeanutButterpies

Acacia Bryant
KitsuneAura
invited

Alois Scholz
Hetzerei

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 am
Micillia
Darcie

azuredreams
Asiya

KitsuneAura
Acacia

Silverah
Arthur

Chris introduced himself in much the same way and extended his hand for her to shake. "It's a reading about the myths and legends in Ashdown," he explained courteously, "including the sigil image that's been circulating lately. The paper purports that there is a connection to the most recent disappearances."

- - -

Prolixity
Jordan

"At least once before," Marcus replied, eyeing Alexander's group sharply. "The Shores, they take and take and take, and we'll never leave because of it. You wouldn't understand. Or perhaps you have an inkling, perhaps you too tire of the ever present Shore family business, perhaps you are here to make a change yourself." It doesn't seem as if he cares either way. "But I've been here before, and I won't let it continue the same down the same path. Something must give, something must break the circle."

Something charged the room. He took his flask out again and drank with a nervous energy of his own.

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff