rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[1969] The Beach Concert Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:34 pm
Shun Kuroda 25/25 | South

More than Finn would possibly ever realize, though Shun didn't say that much. He just let out a sigh, shaking his head. Glancing over at Maren, his fingers twitched as she continued to draw out the pronunciation of 'detective'. It was starting to grate at him a bit.

"Alright, alright. I will give you that. The band seems to be pretty talented as well," he stated to her.

He glanced between her and Young Leila for a moment. There was something on his mind. Given how young they appeared, he wondered if they may have known Heliodora and the others. Leila in particular almost seemed flighty right now, so he wasn't really sure how it would pan out.

"I actually have something to ask as well. Though it can wait a bit," he shrugged, looking to Eve. She was probably going to have an easier time talking to her than he. Just from the way things were going so far, he wasn't sure if he was going to get much out of this particular crowd.

"Or if you prefer, I could get you something in return for a bit of information?" he offered.

Kolina
Kuropeco
iloveyoudie
Rolling for leila

MoonRazor rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:45 am
Ves to south bonfire, +1 persuasion

"Seems most people at home don't realize how close to nuclear war we can get," Ves said to Finn. It must have been just a few years ago when the world narrowly avoided the descent into nuclear annihilation in Cuba. Near misses like that stayed with people. "Though I hear the town's been dealing more local concerns. Deaths and disappearances, I'd imagine those don't go unnoticed here?"

iloveyxoudie
Roll for Finn!

-----

Rylan to north bonfire

Rylan nodded a greeting to Ashton before answering Juniper. "I like it. It's... soulful. Is that the right word? It's a little sad, but hopeful."

He speared a couple of marshmallows on a stick with a grin at Nasir. "I'll try these your way," he said, holding them out toward the bonfire in an attempt to carefully and patiently char them per Nasir's recommendation. He wasn't too optimistic about his chances. "Reminds people that things can never be too dark, right? Seems like there's plenty to worry about these days."

kuroxpeco

MoonRazor

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:34 am
    south bonfire || Finn, Rylan, Leila

Leila seemed to think about it, and there was possibly a reluctant pause. She finally shook her head at Shun, "No I don't need anything right now.. Maybe someone else does."

And if there was something she wanted she wasn't there yet to admit it to him.

"But hey," She glanced out at the beach, the many people laughing and milling about that weren't chatting by the fires. She looked slightly haunted, "Be careful out there okay?"

blade kuroda

Finn sighed, his head hanging a bit, "Yes. Couple kids disappeared. Couple of others turned up dead.. How're we supposed to protect our kids with all this craziness?" His our kids seemed to group Cam in with him, an implication that being fathers was something they had in common, and indeed he glanced to the other man near him as if for support.

Cam simply nodded his head in grave agreement, and as if reminded, turned to look for Vivien again.

moonrazor

Blade Kuroda rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:50 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 | South

Shun tilted his head as he watched Leila. Something was bothering her, though it was hard to say what. He glanced about at the concert as a whole.

"I am always careful. Though... is there reason I should be more concerned?" he asked. He wasn't sure if it was just because some people were getting drunk and high and that could lead to unruly behavior, or if she was referring to something else.

"Regardless, if you figure out something you need, please let me know. I know information does not often come freely. And there is a chance you know nothing of what I seek anyway. Could just work out in your favor alone," he nodded before glancing about once more, to try and think where he could try headed next once he was done speaking here for now.

iloveyoudie
ONE MORE TIME

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:14 am
    south bonfire || Leila

Leila shook her head and shrugged, "Can't ever be too careful right?"

She smiled a little, finding a bit of amusement in the strange man. He talked so formally now in comparison to him saying how groovy the music was. He made it sound like he was on an epic quest and the phrase 'what I seek' brought a twitch to her lips.

"Good luck on your quest."

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:18 am
Chester Poole, north bonfire, +1 persuasion

The promise of free beer didn't appeal as much as Barry and Hannah had hoped it would, but everything turned out all right in the end. Chester had been on the lookout for signs of home beyond the fact that he was technically already in Ashdown, so as soon as he heard the name Ezra through the grapevine, the bonfire rose to number one on his mental list of Important 1969 To-Dos.

He arrived fashionably late with the Lymans in tow, but the siblings quickly broke away, assuring Chester that they'd come back to him once they'd made the rounds and found their friends. He couldn't help feeling that he might not see them again, that this might be the gathering he'd been waiting for, but as long as he didn't end up dead, he promised himself he'd look their adult selves up when this was done.

Chester wandered the area, covertly snapping pictures of the band and some of the kookier outfits with his rapidly dying phone, until eventually he made it to the main attraction, at least for him. The larger bonfire warmed him immediately, making the skin on one side of his face feel tight as he looked over the people milling about. They felt strangely familiar, though he wouldn't have said he knew any of them. He paused near a man with a most impressive flask, not in construction but sheer olfactory potency.

"This is quite the party," he said, staring in wooden nonchalance at the flames. There were many things Chester was not, and one of those things was a good actor.

kuropeco
hello gonna harass son one with son three because rabbit is lonely :B

Smerdle

Scamp

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:00 am
    south bonfire || Eve (P+2)

"Chickens, hmm?" Eve replied. "I've heard those can be delightful to have. My Leila likes them too."

She was trying to act reasonably distant -- which was hard, because it was Leila, and a tone of familiarity kept slipping in to her voice as much as she tried to keep it at bay. It was making her appreciate Ezra's conversational stumbles in modern day more than she would have expected. The fox now understood how the man could have recognized her without needing to see her as a human first, which was equal parts comforting and unusual.

"I know the woman watching the girl, there," she continued. "She's in good hands, if you're worried about that."

iloveyouDIE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 - Moving to the other bonfire

Yeah, Shun had given up on trying to use the lingo. It was more trouble than it was worth. He gave Little Leila a curt nod, then wandered off towards the other bonfire. He'd be back later, but for now he was splitting off. Over here, he spotted a few other familiar faces. Algernon was there, along with someone who looked remarkably like Juniper. And... was that Nasir? From the looks of it so far, Alg was off on his own, while the others were mingling.

Since the others may be busy currently, he just stopped by the not-currently-older-man, placing his hands into his pockets.

"Mind if I take a seat?" he asked, watching him carefully to gauge his reaction. People kept to themselves at large gatherings for two reasons. Either they wanted it that way, or they weren't able to mix in otherwise. Maybe a little bit of both.

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:56 am
    south bonfire || Leila

"Oh?" Leila smiled a bit but again the more that she was compared to the other Leila she seemed to look uncomfortable. Perhaps it was more than normal uneasiness or shyness. She could of course go on about her chickens, their names and temperaments, just as she could about the work she was doing in school and her Life Plan. But instead she was pensive and guarded.

"Thanks. Vivien is special," She glanced to where the girl spoke with the red head she didn't recognize, "and very smart. I watch her for Chief Rylan when he needs help."

cibarium

north bonfire || Algernon

Algernon glanced up over his glasses from where he'd been looking into the fire. He'd found a long stick and was poking at logs until the end glowed.

"Detective." he said it in a particular way, "Feel free. There's plenty of room." Several log 'seats' were unoccupied between them and the next group.

"Enjoying the concert?"

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:11 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 North

With a nod, Shun went ahead and took a seat, giving Alg some space between them both. He enjoyed his own personal space as well, after all.

"The music is pretty enjoyable. Large crowds can be tiring, though," he admitted, "What of yourself?"

iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 am
    north bonfire || Algernon

"They're talented musically," Alg glanced at the stage, "And from what I heard Ezra is rather popular. He's the lead man." Alg motioned idly in that direction.

"But I'm more of a pure rock man... The Rolling Stones," He smiled a little, "And that new group Led Zeppelin? I bought their album." A solemn nod meant approval.

He glanced at Shun, "If I'm honest, I kind of want to punch every bloke who pulls out an acoustic guitar in public and fancies himself a musician.." But people flocked to them.

"How's the detective work going?" Hadn't he said he liked mysteries?

blade kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:07 am
Shun Kuroda 25/25 north

"Ezra?" Shun repeated, glancing over to the stage. It wasn't really of much help. He had no idea what Ezra looked like when he wasn't constantly on fire, assuming he wasn't on fire here. He had a feeling something like that would have been noted.

"Led Zeppelin has some real good s**t. They got some real potential to shake up the rock scene, I bet," he commented. They would have just been getting started after all, "Posers will be posers. Does it really matter if you know where the real talent is?"

With a shrug, he regarded Alg for a moment as the detective work came up.

"Digging around for leads. To be honest, it was actually a mystery that brought me to Ashdown."
iloveyoudie

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:26 am
Ashton Carver / 25/25 / sidling up to Shun

It was -- awkward. Normally he would have been better about talking to people, but yet again, Ashton made very specific moves to never leave his element this much when he was on his own turf -- or better yet, never actually leaving his own turf at all. So maybe he could work backup for Shun? It wasn't like they hadn't met in passing, before, and there'd already been the comment by Maren about them being Sherlock and Watson - the detective and his doctor.

Ah, well - when in doubt, go with whatever someone says about you.

"You could offer to be a little less secretive about it, you know," he commented to Shun, "but it makes you cool, doesn't it? I wouldn't know, I think I'm immune to your charms."

Blade Kuroda
hi hello ashton is here to play dubious backup

cibarium rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:51 pm
    south bonfire || Eve (P+2)

The younger Leila wasn't exactly the same as the one Eve knew, but she was certainly close enough that reading her was easy. She was definitely nervous about something. And it had to do with their sudden appearance. Did she know? About what an older version of Leila would unceremoniously refer to as "the magic s**t?"

"You could tell, couldn't you?" Eve quietly asked, after a few comfortable moments of silence. "How we're actually... a couple. Do you have a girlfriend?"

Powers that be forgive her for everything that was wrong with the direction she was taking this conversation.

iloveyoDIE

cibarium
Crew

Noob

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:27 pm
"My daddy's the fire chief," says Vivien. She points out Cam. "I don't live with him. I live with Mama, who says no pets." She sniffs, as if this is stupid. "My class has a hamster though. His name is Oreo, which is a dumb name for a hamster, if you ask me, which no one does."

She gives this some thought and then takes America's hand in her own. "C'mon, Miz Jones," she says. For someone so small--Vivien is nine, but looks more like six, with little stick-legs that are just starting to grow--she moves fast and hauls America around like someone accustomed to getting her way. "Miz Leila! I caught a crab!"

This she presents to Leila like a... well, like a child with a giant disgusting crustacean, all thrilled with her victory. "And this is Miz Jones. Who's that?" She eyeballs Eve and scrambles into the truck bed without waiting for an invitation. "You wanna meet Professor Crab?"

cibarium
lizbot
iloveyouDIE

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out