Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:43 pm
Jeremiah grunts, low in his throat, and gestures to the booth across from him. "Sit down," he instructs. "And thank you. Whoever you are."

He folds his hands back together.

"You're right. Things should have never gotten this bad," he says, nodding an affirmative. "You know who I blame? Ronald Reagan."

istoleyurvamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:31 am
A small nod, Marcus took a seat, pausing to look at the commotion before frowning. It wasn't his place to chide, but he hoped, no matter their snooping, they could at least not intrude on an event meant to honor and respect those left among the living.

"I do not think I deserve thanks for understanding grief. Sorrow is human, death is tragedy, and if one lacks the empathy to understand that?" He let out a long sigh.

This was a different time, and his brain was rife with knowledge of a past that perhaps was not analogous to the one he knew but after reading the papers?
"Regan is many things. I would say he is a flawed person, but to willfully ignore those who die due to an unwillingness to accept those different?" He tisked, finally making eye contact.

"They say evil and sin are what makes a person ugly. But from here, I see only people who love and fear like any other. Ugliness is in ignorance and and aversion to change." He tried to smile, abet, slightly forced.
"I- I fear I am waxing poetics. My apologies. You probably do not wish to talk of such dour things. We can change the subject if you like?"

silverah

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:39 am
"Maybe we can uncomplicate it for you," says Dana, who appears to be the face of this operation, whatever this operation is. She has a soda: a can of coke with a straw in. "Are you thirsty? I can get you something."

Eightloh doesn't seem particularly inclined to answer that question. He's kind of lowkey (and by that I mean, super highkey) drinking in Oliver's presence, like he hasn't seen someone like that in ages. It is creepy. Judging by Dana's subtle shift away, she is creeped out too. "Uh, well, Andromache's more of a place to go if you're. You know. Looking for a place to stay?" Jamie doesn't seem too sure about that. "I don't think Renard has any room left, but sometimes Jeremiah puts up runaways--"

Eightloh elbows Eightmie. Amie? Something like that.

"--but if you're looking for like... fortune telling? That's really up Z--Mika's alley. And Sibyl knows everyone. She can probably get you a ride home."

Eightmie, 80s Jamie, Amie, whatever, he nods. Dana says, "Sibyl's kind of upset right now. I know she doesn't look like it, but one of her drag daughters died last week. She's in the photo album. Um..."

Eightloh says, "None'a ya really look like the kind who want to wear dresses on stage."

Melancholies
saedusk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:25 am
Persuasion (+2)

“I- I do apologize. If it’s the fact I came over to assist because she just addressed me by your friends name, the, friend you yourself say that that I seem to look like. Then I do apologize for seeming High. If she’s anything like us, she’s lost a good many people she knew recently, perhaps that’s why she’s distressed.”

He said softly, politely as he could for the rampant confusion he was feeling in that moment. He hadn’t spoken at all to this ‘other’ Temperance, and he had barely any conversation with Liam.

Not because of paranoia, if anything because he was shy. Even if he were accounting for the departure at the fountain it had been more than clear that they had both wanted to make an escape from the unexpected crowd.

S1lv3rah

the s3mbl@nce of unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:46 am
Temperance Clark | 25/25
no rolling modifiers

He really had no idea. None at all. However, while she could understand them suspecting her of illegal substances - but Zac? That seemed odd. The corners of her mouth tightened.

"No. You know what - I'm sorry. I apologize. This is neither the time nor place to bring this up." In more ways than one. She rubbed her hand across her face. "It's been a long day and I will leave you to it." Temperance moved over to a booth, hoping Zac would follow, even if she was too apprehensive about drawing too much attention to him to call him over.

endejester
silverah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:20 am
Jeremiah makes a disgusted sound, deep in his throat, like he has no patience for these platitudes and would have rather cut Marcus off. "Reagan caused this," he repeats. "Four years, he let this thing spread before he even acknowledged it existed. Four years - silence from the White House. Dragged his feet on the public response. Only way to get anything around here is to scream about it, then we're just a bunch of violent fags. The folks at the top - they'd rather see us die off than do anything about it."

He nods, makes a little hmmph sound. "So yeah. I do ********' blame Ronald Reagan."

He narrowed his eyes across the table. "Are you a religious man, Marcus?" he asked. "Here to spread the good word?"

istoleyurvamps

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:24 am
Temperance, Liam, and Shun are now deeply suspicious of Zac and Temperance, and you will receive a -1 to all your persuasion rolls against them for the rest of the phase.

"Okay, yeah, <******** ********>," says Liam, and watches them retreat to the booth.

"Watch them," he says to Shun, who nods and goes back to his post by the door.

Temperance picks her drink back up, casts a very suspicious look at them, and turns her attention back to the stage.

the semblance of unity

endejester

saedusk rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:42 pm
Jamie Delacroix | 25/25
    +1 to Persuasion

"Maybe not on stage, but wearing dresses might be nice..." Jamie muttered, low and under his breath. It had been a knee-jerk response and he immediately, sincerely regretted it. Hopefully no one had heard. It was too late to take it back. He squeezed Shiloh's hand hard enough that he could feel a pulse between their palms.

"I-I mean-" The words caught in his throat as he looked away from the small group instead, back out towards the stage. If Mika knew a thing or two about fortunetelling, if fortunetelling was as real as magic was, they might have a lead there. She might be able to help them. At the same time, Jamie was avoiding his own embarrassment with thoughts better left until after their conversation with Dana and their 80s counterparts was done.

"It's... not really quite as simple as catching a ride back up to Ashdown," he admitted as he faced the group again, "But maybe after this is over we could talk to Sibyl and Mika. It seems... rude to disturb them right now." Unless they needed to. Jamie would do what he had to do to get them home.

"Sibyl lost one of her... drag daughters, you said?" He wondered if he should check out the album. "Do you happen to know, um, who she was?"

shibrogane

Silverah

Melancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:53 pm
For brief moment, Marcus felt shamed, then a small spark of anger before it was crushed by his own racing thoughts. This wasn't the same Jeremiah Mercer who was his friend. This was a stranger. A pair of strangers who did not know each other and did not have years of coming to understand odds and ends.

"No." He spoke clearly and firmly, maintaining his eye contact. Eye contact was important. Public speaking 101. Also what his therapist said would help him form social bonds. Something something needing to integrate and be a part of society and not just a paranoid outsider.

His therapist would be furious if he was missing his appointment again. Mentally noted- He'd need to check in with them when this was all sorted out.

"If I was this would be, if we are being frank, the most cruel place to try. You are here to remember and celebrate a person's life. Not to be given false condolences in an effort to, " Hands lifted finger quotations held in the air. "steer you from a so called sin."

He was frowning though it was not in anger or frustration but rather a sort of melancholic shame, "I came because someday I might be in a picture frame, and I wonder who would show up to say goodbye to me." It was a sobering thought.
"They're lucky though. It's a nice place, I wish I knew of it from better circumstance." He allowed himself to smile, looking at the stage and then moving to the bar.
"It really does feel like I've back in time with the decor."

Silverah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 pm
Zac: Pursuasion +2 except for (Liam/Shun/And AU Temperance)

His fist clenched, though he really shouldn’t have been surprised. It was their safe place, and as delighted as he had been to see the cross dressers and as sad as he was for the wake it wasn’t his place. He stared down at his hands and sighed, half of him wished he’d known what this club would be, but then they might have though it and affectation, he was after all just some 'kid' with dark skin and very very... horribly ordinary, very awfully masculine clothing.

He took a breath and let it out. Hell, he’d sort of felt this way in the park too he just wasn’t sure what to do. Hadn’t he seen a book? Surely they couldn’t fault him for looking at that.

:: Going to check out the book::

sh1brogane

silverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:51 pm
Temperance Clark | 25/25
-1 to rolls with Liam, Shun, Temperance

Although she moved towards the booths, Zac did not follow and she paused, sort of at a loss what to do next. Temperance understood, in a way. Heading off to chat with her after that would not have looked good on him. And a part of her regretted what she'd said or, perhaps, the way she'd said it. Still, it was all horribly interesting. If Liam, of all people, didn't know. She sighed and, in a nervous action, pulled her hair out of it's ponytail and then tied it up again.

Temperance slid further along the bar to a woman who looked very put together. With a very full glass. "Hey - this seat free?" Then, after a moment. "What're you drinking?"

silverah
hi erin
shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:24 pm
Jeremiah laughs brusquely. "I hope you don't mean to say that it's getting dated," he remarks.

He indicates Sibyl Liberties. "Sibyl keeps things looking fresh," he says. "She has an excellent eye."

istoleyurvamps

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:26 pm
Marcus shook his head motioning to the bar.
"Hardly. When you enter a place like this? It's elegance of a era come back to remind you what New York Cityis- A place unlike any other. The decor is exceptional. Tastefully elegant yet it hints towards that element you see in film noir. Mystery."

His gaze shifted to Sibyl Liberties, who got a small pout of all things.
"She has a better eye for interior decor than I do. And she looks far better in cream as well."

Fingers picked at the edge of his sleeves, and he kept looking at Sibyl. That when he realized, he was staring.

"...She looks really nice in cream." He looked back to Jeremiah but now he couldn't help trying to place why Sibyl looked familiar or why he thought her to be a bit attractive yet.. also just not quite due to that familiarity factor. It made him blush in shame. Chances are he knew them and he'd not realized it. God have mercy on him.

He sunk slightly in the seat.
"Forget I said that."
Silverah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:35 pm
The photo album is a thick, leather-bound book. Zac opens it, careful not to knock into any of the candles or picture frames also on the table, and the pages crackle at his touch. All of the photos in the book contain at least one of the people also pictured in the framed photos, but they also depict everyday life - snapshots with friends and family. Candids.

Liam's in a few of them. Sibyl's in more - as well as a slim, dark-skinned man, his long hair pulled back into a tight braid, never appearing in the same place as Sibyl. (He has the same eyes.) Jeremiah pops up in a few places. Sometimes he even smiles.

Maybe you'd have more luck if you were looking for something specific?

endejester

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:14 pm
"Yeah," says Erin. "Pop a squat."

She looks down at her very nearly empty glass and frowns. "Yuengling," she says, "But I think I'm gonna swap to the hard stuff soon. Beer before liquor being a myth and all."

She leans a little closer to Temperance. "So," she says. "You got questions about Liam? 'Cuz we go all the way back to college."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces