Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[Void] An End, To All Things Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:56 am
Temperance Clark

"It seems like each era showed a different deterioration of things, more or less." Though that didn't really matter now. "We need to decide - but there's too many unknown factors. While we don't know for certain the cage's creation created the cycles, without the cage there seem to be no cycles. I spoke to Liam in the 80's, with magic rampant, with no cage, and he had no idea of cycles. Thought I was on drugs, frankly." Temperance crossed her arms around herself.

She sighed, wanting everything to be done as bloodlessly as possible. "Why don't we make a list of potential symbols and meanings people here are interested in using? Shield - protection, tree- growth, door- freedom. What else? Maybe Zac could find them in the book if he was looking for them specifically. The placement seems kind of like an advanced concept, however."

Looking towards America (who was still pretty damn cute even if now wasn't the time), Temperance tilted her head. "You know some symbolic magic?" She moved closer.

----------------------------------------
Preacher Maria

"While I'd like ta know a hunnerd percent what we're doing afore we do it, I'm feelin' that's less likely to actually happen. I'm not sure we don't have a time limit here - Sunday's voice was here earlier n' it sounded pretty damn urgent." She winked and spun the knife when Zac pointed toward her.

She stood up and stretched. "So we need an exact mission statement and symbols ta reflect it. I'm guessin' 'fix s**t' ain't a good statement. To be honest, I like their mission statement, but I'm won'ring if they picked tha wrong symbols and that's why things went haywire. Though I guess it weren't so bad until people went off n' killed the people of the cage."

lizbot
endejester
cibarium

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:25 am
Anger flared up in Chel for a moment as Shun responded. She remembered the ball: Yer never on my ********' side.

Her fist clenched. Unclenched. She was on his.

"Alright," she said to America, softly and tiredly like a lullaby. She nodded appreciatively at Leila, but it had been along day and Chel had a feeling it was going to grow longer. "Go ahead darlin'."

prolixity

blade kuroda

lizbot

cibarium

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:52 pm
Shun Kuroda 21/21

"Things were still bad. Just in a different way. One way or another, we were locked in a never ending cycle. These cycles may have been a result of both what the Enemy was attempting to do with magic, as well as the cage created as a result of the Enemy. Whatever we do, we cannot allow stagnation. So growth and freedom both sound good so far," he commented.

"We would just need something that would limit those things. Too much growth and freedom at once is not good. Balance is needed. And there are a number of ways we can convey that. From scales, to yin and yang, or maybe even use of symmetry."

The semblance of Unity
Endejester

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:19 pm
Alexis Tucker 22/22

"We need - " Alexis clenches their fists, and the water shifts restlessly - "to figure out a damn sigil already, alright? The longer we spend talking, the more likely it is that something will break, and we'll all be dead. Zac -- come on. Growth. Strength. Knowledge, protection, balance -- we need to work." Maybe it's true. Maybe it's not. But Alexis can't stand just standing around, helpless, like this.

They are a Noble of the Court of the Sorrowful One, and they have a role to play here, don't they? Don't they?

everyone

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:37 pm
America Jones

"Yeah," America offered Temp a smile, "I've got supplies on me and it doesn't take long, really." She gestured for the two to come closer, a little off to the side. "Do you guys have anything nice and hard that's a bit special to you? Large stone accessories work easiest, but even a coin you're fond of might suit. It'll work best if you've got something, and you'll have something useful in the end. If you don't, I can have you guys feel along while I place magic into a backup to my own."

She lifted a stone pendant from her shirt and disappeared. "It's got a few other uses, but this is the main purpose far as I know. Protection in the shadows, a safe haven to hide in." After a moment she reappeared.

chiickadee

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:19 pm
Eve + Leila

"Maybe we could delegate this?" Leila suggested. "If you're super determined for this to get done, you're probably a better candidate for the execution of the... the magic. Symbology people can be another group of folk. In a different room."

"Along with that... what's our mission statement?" Eve asked, after some minutes digesting Zac's summary of Heliodora's notes. "I think one of the flaws of the original sigil was that theirs attempted to contain magic according to their understanding of its rules. Which must be why it started being thought of as a cage, even though they were trying to make the town safer." She looked around the void-room for signs of agreement or disagreement.

EVERYBUDDY
nvm i overcomplicated things

cibarium
Crew

Noob

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:59 pm
Zac shook his head mutely for a moment. “N..no Number one, the people casting the magic may VERY well be trapped the same way Heliodora and the others were into their rolls, to ask that people go off into little groups like it’s a school project rather than just talking here like mature adults, and then expecting people to cast magic that other people decided on - I don’t know that I feel that’s a good idea. “

“If it simplifies things we can take a show of hands, Or everyone makes three suggestions and we see if we can’t make the top voted ones work,

It WILL be simpler if we can get a mission statement, and I’ll look in here and see if they wrote one, plus, I’ll keep doing what I have been doing, which is basically reading everything that isn’t a…. tiny symbol with potential meaning attached.

The one thing I will say is they DO have two for freedom, but one has a frown face beside it. So, for everyone who thinks like me that maybe it should be there, maybe we should be careful too.”

errebody

shibrogane
modifying or expanding search to look for a mission statement as an example to work from

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:10 pm
Eve

"If anyone has the spare paper and pen," Eve suggests, "we can start people writing down words or phrases they think are important. Then we can do a more guided search on the symbology, and get a better consensus on the central mission statement of our new sigil."

the seblance of unity
if u wan :3

cibarium
Crew

Noob

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 pm
Shun Kuroda

Shun raised a brow at Zac, "Did you not just say what their mission was? To prevent the unbalancing of the world, by ensuring that magic operates under the laws that we know and understand?"

It sounded like a mission statement to him.

"Splitting up would not be ideal right now, as Zac said. I am also for freedom, but we need something to reign it back a little. Again. Balance is important. A tree inside of an open doorway could be a starting point. "  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:24 pm
Preacher Maria

She deftly flipped the knife in the air and caught it by the point. "If you wan', I got some p-" And then Temperance was there, stormy countenance and all.

"Give me the knife right now if you cannot stop playing with it. Look, you've already cut yoursefl!" Temperance leaned down and whispered some angry sounding words into Preacher's ear. Her mouth twisted, but she relinquished her hold on the knife. And then Temperance was gone, whooshing back to those other girls. Preacher scowled.

"Anyway, I got paper for tha paper gods n' a pen, too. Always do if ya wanna borrow em." She loped on over to Eve & Leila (even though Eve was generally on her 'to be avoided' list) and held them out. The paper was several sheets clearly torn out of a moleskin notebook and the pen had seen better days. The end was chewed quite viciously.

She shrugged. looking towards Zac. "I think a each person writes down tow three symbols vote sounds good. Then we assign tha meanin', write it down and I dunno, win."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Temperance Clark

She felt in her bag - did she even have anything appropriate for this? - nearly dropping the sharpie in the process. And, in doing so, a silver gleam caught her eye. Great. Just wonderful, they were going to die because Preacher would drop the knife and fall on it and - she stormed over, excusing herself and shoving the Sharpie at Veronica as she passed. The two of them had been talking about sigils, after all.

After a short, but intensely whispered conversation, Temperance made her way back to America and Chel, the knife shining in her hand. She put it in a pocket of her messenger bag. Eyeing Shun, she spoke: "For once, Kuroda and I agree." For once. A tree really was a good symbol she thought... but it depended on everyone else.

The only thing that had stopped Temperance from coloring at America's suggestion of something 'nice and hard' ws the distraction from Preacher. "Sorry about that. And, hmm, I... the only thing I have is a skull and I think it's half-haunted. Is it usable for such things?" Temperance blinked. Looking at America was kind of daunting still, but she'd seen her disappear, right?

"You have a stone of invisibility. Whoa."

chiiickadee
blalde kuroda
cibalrium
quite unelventful
enldejester

shibrogannnne
Note: Temperance now has the knife and quite uneventful's Veronica has the Sharpie

lizbot
EDIT: my bad, I didn't specify - it's a squirrel skull and looks kind of crystalline, though in the shitty void light idk. Temp will clarify in my next tag too haha

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:43 pm
Okay. America just disappeared. Alright. Of all things that had happened today, she really shouldn't have continued to be surprised, and yet she was.

"I have ..." Chel dug through her pockets, only coming up with her wallet. A few stray bills, a condom, some random cards and papers.

She pulled out the cracked picture of a ducati motorcycle that she always kept with her. It was stained and clearly aged, but still together. "I had this since I was little. It count?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 pm
Juniper Wilcox | 19/19 (P+1)

Juniper had kept herself quiet the entire time since joining the void. Once or twice she tried to peek at the book that Zac was reading form but gave up on those attempts because of others doing the same or finding it uncomfortable looming over someone's shoulder.

"Look. We want ti implement freedom in some sense but also create a check. I get that. Does anyone else find it...odd though that a CROWN was chosen before and it looms over the stars and sword? Why not have all three check each other in an even balance? Sort of like the tree of life symbol which is a complete circle that never ends? Or, like the hippies of the 60's the peace sign which is a circle with three points that connect in the middle?" She sighed. "I don't know, maybe that's not useful at all, I just think the last symbols seem disjointed and not as balanced as they were possibly intended to be."

everyone here

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:21 pm
America Jones

America's eyebrows shot up at skull. "Do...do you carry that around with all the time hun? I think it might get mixy if there's a ghost's will tied up in it too."

The picture brought a look of interest but ultimately America shook her head apologetically, "I think something like paper'll get harmed by putting the glyph in. I wouldn't want it ruined and I definitely don't want you depending on it in a pinch."

The girl settled down onto the floor, digging through her bag after gesturing for the others to sit across from her. Eventually she pulled out several items and set them out, one by one. "Gotta have ink of some sort. I like using either lampblack or walnut ink, 'cause it feels better when it's inks I made myself. Putting a bit more of me into it on top of my magic. Magic dust," she taps a little spice jar. "You can gather it up in the Other Place. Find it on plants and animals n'such, look for the sort with meaning to it. These I gathered from a little rabbit den, safe and hidden, y'know?"

Lastly, she pulled out a silver dollar, old and worn. "My uncle Travis gave me this last when I was getting ready to leave home and travel. Said it'd been lucky for him when he'd wandered a bit himself. You wanna make sure you put your glyph and magic into something sturdy, but small enough to keep with you."

chiixckadee
the semblanxce of unity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 pm
          veronica villanueva - 23/23
          +2 persuasion
          +1 athleticism/combat rolls
      Veronica was starting to get used to not understanding anything anymore. After a bunch of people arrived, most seemingly familiar from the beginning of their wild ride, the hispanic woman was at a loss for words and simply stood back, watching. Listening. It felt a little awkward to watch those she felt more comfortable with interact with the newer, more accustomed people. She herself felt lost, but when approached by Darcie, managed to find some way to explain. "You basically know what happened before, right? We need to create a sigil, without using the stars, crown, or sword symbols. And, um, different meanings. Thing is, we're not sure what to use," Veronica murmured, continuing to listen to the others talk. Growth, no stagnation, freedom, protection... If she understood the basis for everything a little better, maybe she would've understood everything. But she was there with no previous knowledge, and everyone there already seemed caught up with everything. It felt a little, well, alienating. Though it wasn't their fault, really.

When Preacher began to play with the knife, Veronica stiffened. It was a very sharp object, and if it ended up on someone, she definitely wasn't going to be that person. She inched slightly backward when Temperance passed by, slightly surprised at her throwing the sharpie at her. She caught it well enough, but soon after Temperance left, knife in hand. Veronica relaxed slightly, thankful it wouldn't be thrown around anymore. She looking at the sharpie and inspected it, looking up when another woman began to speak. "How many different timezones did we all go to? 20s, 60s... Are there people missing here?" She thought there might've been, but she wasn't sure. If there wasn't this idea was definitely wrong. "Maybe we're all supposed to pick different sigils. Each time period or something... I don't know." She kept a firm grip on the sharpie, not wanting to lose it, somehow.

everyone

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:25 am
There are instructions on how to cast the symbol, but those are currently irrelevant to the discussion at hand. It does mention needing a fourth person as a focal point: the name Renard Leroux is circled three times and underlined five times beneath this note.

endejester
Please don't edit your requests to the GM in the original post, it's confusing for me sad
The cage's mission statement has already been provided in the sigil instructions

There is a growing sense of unease. Their liminal space is in no danger of breaking up, but something is coming to mess with the travelers' s**t.

...It feels a lot like Sunny did when she made them jump into the pit.

The Semblance of Unity
u has knife

quite uneventful
u has sharpie

chiickadee
prolixity
blade kuroda
cibarium
lizbot
daekie
kolina
micillia