Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Side Team Mission - Sludge Wars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:31 pm
SubonicXP

"On it." Lkas replied, recalling his two Pokemon once it had been made obvious they needed to conserve their strength. He'd left them out under the assumption they would be able to help with transporting or breaking Muk apart but now? Not so much. As he started out down the tunnels, he could sense Muk's movements, if only barely. It might be sludge but sludge had enough water content in it that he could feel it out.

As he ran, he wondered how Muk had even survived that Ice-based attack. With the amount of water in that cesspool and the water content of the creature's body, it should have been frozen almost, if not completely solid. Maybe it had something to do with that new Alolan variant? He didn't know anything about those creatures yet so maybe they were less sludge? The Muk did seem to like using the crystals in it's body to attack and regular Muk didn't have those? "Note to self: Alolan Grimer and Muk are more solid than regular ones." He said to himself, making sure to file that under "need to know" information. At least for now. He also made a mental note that, if all else failed, he would catch this creature in a Pokeball for further study. Besides, variety isn't a bad thing, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:26 pm
"It can do that?" Keiko asked, rather surprised by the mutated Muk's actions. She wasn't the only one.

Within seconds, Keiko and I had vanished, Rala teleporting us to the park. I let all of my Pokemon out of their balls, and Keiko, seeing me do it, did the same.

"Alright, spread out and look for a rainbow-colored Muk. According to GRAY's sensors, it's wandered off somewhere around here. Rala, you're going to have to use your eyes since you can't sense it," I told them.

Rala nodded, which Keiko took as her cue. "You guys help, too, okay?"

Our Pokemon made their noises of compliance, except for Rala and Angeal who were able to communicate in other ways, before scampering off in search of the enemy.

"We'd better look, too," I sighed, pushing my glasses to my face.

"Right," Keiko agreed. After all, this thing could be anywhere.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:46 pm
Lykas would eventually catch up to the Muk as it began to make its way down the now water filled canal they had gone through earlier. The mutant Muk however the sludge creature would become aware of his pursuer's presence and immediately go on the offense.

"Uk!" It belched, spitting out a one of its crystals at Lykas. The squid man however would notice that this one was crackling with electricity, did it learn how to infuse its crystals with electric based attacks from the other Muk variant? Either way, when the crystal made contact it would explode not only in a cloud of poisonous gas but a shock wave of electricity. The Muk seemed intent on stalling Lykas as long as possible, it really wanted to make it to the ocean. Why was it so bent on the ocean though?

"Large school of Tentacool detected at the canal's draining point." GRAY suddenly spoke up. There was your answer.

-----

Keiko and Ter wouldn't have to look around for much longer as they could hear screams coming from the center of the park, where the big fountain was located. Once they made it there they would find the still giant Muk, though only half the size, terrorizing the park goers as it flung sludge around. The Muk seemed to have already taken a hostage as a punk male could be seen in his grip, the sludge slowly consuming him.

"Hey! What is going on!? Won't someone help a guy!" He cried out, though the civilians seemed more worried about themselves than some thug.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:24 pm
As soon as I saw the Muk and its captive, Rala and Sauron appeared before us via Teleportation as per my orders.

"Rala, use Hypnosis. Multiple times, if you have to. This thing will be a lot easer to deal with if it's not struggling. Sauron, use your vines to grab hold of that human, but don't pull him out until that Muk is asleep."

Getting an idea, Keiko ran off, but was back soon with Audrey. "Use Simple Beam, Audrey! Don't let him poison anyone!"

The chances of that Muk having Poison Touch as an ability was slim, but getting whatever ability it had out of the way was sure to be helpful. I was impressed by her initiative in using that move.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:25 pm
Reference Materials

Pokemon

Mykel - Male, Shinami - Female, Cascade - Male
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fog, - Male, Tallulah - Female, Cordelia - Female
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pokemon Info

Mykel
Ability: Synchronize
1. Psychic
2. Moonblast
3. Teleport
4. Heal Pulse

Chinami
Ability: Torrent
1. Rock Smash
2. Reversal
3. Razor Shell
4. Copycat

Cascade
Ability: Water Absorb
1. Twister
2. Agility
3. Bubble Beam
4. Wing Attack

Fog
Ability: Hydration
1. Aurora Beam
2. Aqua Tail
3. Rain Dance
4.Sheer Cold

Tallulah
Ability: Sniper
1. Bubble Beam
2. Dragon Pulse
3. Dragon Dance
4. Outrage

Cordelia
Ability: Rock Head
1. Rock Tomb
2. Take Down
3. Yawn
4. Head Smash

SubonicXP

"Large school of Tentacool detected at the canal's draining point." GRAY suddenly spoke up. There was your answer.

Lykas barely managed to dodge the electrified poison crystal, covering his mouth and nose with his sleeve to avoid breathing in the toxins. "That....Doesn't seem like a normal thing for a Muk to do?" He said to himself, though he couldn't be sure, really. He didn't know very much about them except for their origins. Living sludge come to life and they don't particularly care for pure water. So why was it heading for the ocean?

And then GRAY spoke up. "What would Tentac-Oh s**t." The hybrid had a sudden realization. "GRAY.....what do Grimer and Muk eat?" He asked. He had a good idea at this point. If they were living poison, it would make sense to feed on toxic waste. In the absence of such, a ready source of natural poisons would have to do, right? Hurrying after the Muk as fast as he could, he tossed out Cordelia once again. "Cordelia, use Head Smash, then follow up with a Yawn as soon as it's looking at you!" He told the Relicanth. Cordelia nodded and her head began to glow with a dull brown light. With all the force she could muster, she began to swim toward Muk, intent on smashing it into the sewer floor with her head encased in stony energy. Afterwards, as soon as Muk looked at her, though, whether she'd hit it yet or not, she'd cut off the dangerous attack and blow a sleep-inducing bubble of energy at it.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am
TerashiLeonGoken

The angry mutant Muk would turn its attention to the Snagem Pokemon attacking it, that pesky little Psychic bombarding it with hypnotic suggestions of sleep and while it was feeling a bit tired it wasn't about to go down like that. The Simple Beam would find its target just fine however as the mutant's body turned into a uniform green color as if to indicate it had lost its poisonous qualities, at least on the outside.

"Muk!" The creature would spit out a large hard packed mass of moisten dirt, sand and other substances at Rala as it executed its Mud Bomb. As for Sauron, who now had a hold of that human via its vines the Muk's gelatinous body would threaten to creep up the vines and pull Sauron into it as well.

The Hypnosis was working but they needed more time.

Requiem of Whyspers

"Typical Grimer and Muk assimilate other toxins and wastes. They are not above consuming other Poison type Pokemon in times of famine." GRAY replied to Lykas, cutting straight to the point for once. Well that confirmed one fear.

The Muk would let out a pained moan as the Relicanth rammed into it. Of course the sludge collective would turn to face its assaulter and thus Lykas plan would succeed as Cordelia yawned in its face.

"Uk!" With a shout and a 'bloop' the Muk would uh...relieve its self of an accumulation of noxious fumes as it pulled off a 'Poison Gas' move. Was that really a move or did it just fart? Either way the water around it was toxic now and Cordelia probably didn't want to take it in.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 am
"Sauron, let go for now!" I shouted when I saw the Muk's ooze creep up on his vines. "Keep at it, Rala! It's starting to work. We just need a distraction."

Of course, as soon as I said that, I spotted Sparrow flying over head. I waved the Fletchling over, and it landed on my arm. "Use Agility above Muk's head, and don't stop until it falls asleep. That should give it something to focus on."

As Sparrow chirped in agreement and flew off, Keiko looked down at Audrey. "Quick, go get Natalia!" she said, wanting the Xatu to follow my strategy.

Sparrow started darting around above Muk's head as Audrey ran off, the former quickly gaining speed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:21 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

"Uk!" Grunted the Muk as it tried to swat at the two little birds with little success.

"Agh! Dude!" The punk cried as Sauron let go, the Muk completely consuming the punk now that there was nothing left to pull against the sludge creature. If Terashi or Keiko didn't so something quick that man would suffocate.

"Muuuk!" With an annoyed roar, though noticeably groggy sounding, the Muk would unleash an upward Acid Spray as it forced some of its toxic 'gems' to explode, said spray of acid aimed at the little birds above but eventually it would be raining down on those grounded targets.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:30 pm
"Sauron, your vines!" I yelled, running up to the man to grab at his wrist myself.

"Natalia, punish him! Use Psychic!" Keiko shouted, hoping that continuing to distract the Muk would keep him off of me.

"You, too, Sparrow! Flame Charge!"

Sauron and I continued to try to pull the punk free while Rala kept hypnotising the Muk as it was getting blasted by Sparrow and Natalia.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"Sauron, your vines!" I yelled, running up to the man to grab at his wrist myself.

"Natalia, punish him! Use Psychic!" Keiko shouted, hoping that continuing to distract the Muk would keep him off of me.

"You, too, Sparrow! Flame Charge!"

Sauron and I continued to try to pull the punk free while Rala kept hypnotising the Muk as it was getting blasted by Sparrow and Natalia.

The Psychic would 'slam' the Muk and though it was still partially a Dark type in its split up state it seemed less resistant to Psychic moves as it seemed to 'sting' it a bit, the giant Muk's eye kind of twitching, like if you got bit by a mosquito. Though the idea was not to hurt it but distract it which succeeded as the Muk was now trying to swat at Natalia, throwing some sludge around as it did.

The man would give muffled cries as Terashi and Sauron pulled on him, slowly but surely more and more arm coming out as they pulled and eventually his face would appear. "Help me! It burns in there!" The man cried, the acidic insides of the Muk probably feeling not so good.

With a big yawn it looked like the Muk was about to finally go under, but it would seem big and ugly wasn't going to go down that easy, especially after that flaming bird just rammed into its head, motivating it just enough to fight sleep for one final act.

"Muuuk!" The creature roared as its body began to swell and grow, a faint light shining from within. Even though the Muk was mustering up all this energy it was painfully obvious it was losing its battle against sleep as its eyes would flutter open and closed.

"I would do something and fast, its about to explode." GRAY spoke up. Come on, they were so close to it falling asleep.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 am
SubonicXP

"Typical Grimer and Muk assimilate other toxins and wastes. They are not above consuming other Poison type Pokemon in times of famine." GRAY replied to Lykas, cutting straight to the point for once. Well that confirmed one fear.

The Muk would let out a pained moan as the Relicanth rammed into it. Of course the sludge collective would turn to face its assaulter and thus Lykas plan would succeed as Cordelia yawned in its face.

"Uk!" With a shout and a 'bloop' the Muk would uh...relieve its self of an accumulation of noxious fumes as it pulled off a 'Poison Gas' move. Was that really a move or did it just fart? Either way the water around it was toxic now and Cordelia probably didn't want to take it in.

"Cordelia, get back and use Rock Tomb!" Lykas called to his Pokemon, just in the nick of time, it looked like. Muk's makeshift poison gas wasn't really the most 'effective' method of toxin distribution but it would do well enough if Cordelia got too close. "We need to close it in!"

In order to make the job easier, he also released Fog. "Aurora Beam." He instructed. "Build it up." The freezing power of Aurora Beam was nowhere near as effective as Ice Beam but Sheer Cold was too draining to try using it unless it was the only choice left.

The two Pokemon under his command followed orders and began to construct their respective walls. Cordelia blasting stone pillars up from the ground, one after another and as close together as possible to try and keep Muk from filtering through. Fog, on the side, was laying down thin layers of ice from his icy Aurora Beam in an effort to try and wall Muk in between the both of them. Lykas could only hope that they would be able to keep the beast in place until Yawn really kicked in and put it under.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:42 am
"Sauron, pull harder!" I roared. "Everyone else, get out of the blast radius!"

We didn't spend much more time pulling before all of us, including the guy we were trying to pull out of that Muk, found ourselves in one of Castelia City's Pokemon Centers.

"I'm sorry, Master," Rala said, fearful for having disobeyed a direct order. "But your life was in danger, and-"

"Don't worry about it," I told her. "You did good."

Keiko and I started putting our Pokemon back in our balls when a thought crossed my mind. "I wonder how much property damage that Muk's gonna cause when he blows," I said to myself, though I was loud enough for others to hear. There was no telling if the Pokemon Center was in was close enough to the park to hear the blast when it did happen.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:00 am
TerashiLeonGoken

Terashi would hear a muffled 'boom' from inside the Pokemon Center, the distant Muk having exploded. Fortunately he had gotten the man would of the sludge creature, which was certainly more important that saving a fountain.

"Dude! Thank you so much!" The punk tanked Terashi profusely as he shook his hand with vigor.

Requiem of Whyspers

As the ice and rock walls went up the Muk would become instantly enraged, the creature banging on the walls violently. Its violent rage however would subside pretty quickly as it slowly but surely feel asleep, the angry mass of goo now floating in the water snoring away peacefully.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:51 am
SubonicXP

As the ice and rock walls went up the Muk would become instantly enraged, the creature banging on the walls violently. Its violent rage however would subside pretty quickly as it slowly but surely feel asleep, the angry mass of goo now floating in the water snoring away peacefully.

Lykas sighed as the Muk finally fell asleep. "Took long enough...." He groaned, brushing his bangs out of his face with his right hand as he took out a Great Ball with his left hand. "Let's see if I can catch this thing. I'll let it go later, if it works. Probably." He said to himself as he prepared to throw it. Giving it a pitch with decidedly true aim, he waited to see if it would actually be captureable. This thing wasn't your average Muk, after all.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:30 am
I let the man shake my hand, though I found it slightly annoying how vigorous his shaking was. "Try to avoid sludge in the future," I retorted calmly. It can be hard to tell what is waste and what is a Pokemon whose body is construed of an otherwise inanimate object. In fact, you're probably better off keeping your distance from the sewers entirely unless you know what you're doing."

Keiko nodded, keeping close to me. Apparently, the sight of a massive Pokemon about to explode unnerved her. "Should we catch up with the others?" she asked shyly.

"I'd rather make sure that the explosion didn't do too much damage, but we'd likely be branded as criminals if the local authorities got there before us, so we might as well regroup."

With that, I bid the ex-victim farewell before using my SNAG to pinpoint Sub's position and leading Keiko to that location.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff