Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[PRP] proper meetings (cass & jeremiah) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
demon_pachabel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-12)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:47 am
She'd gotten it's attention - if only briefly. Apparently that was long enough to break whatever hold it had on Jeremiah, stepping back as the older man was flung. For what she was worth, Cassandra was small and definitely not the sort who would have been able to catch him.

She did, however, briefly pause at his side. "You alright or do you need a minute?" she asked, looking between him and the glitch. While Jeremiah had his coldfire, Cass was a bit less equipped. She hadn't exactly been successful with her last two gestures and she wasn't quite ready to be thrown back on her a**.

Never the less, standing together didn't seem to be as productive as she would have liked. "Do we separate or stand together?" Cass looked to Jeremiah for guidance on this one. He had a bit more experience than she did, after all.

azuredreams

azuredreams rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:15 pm
Apparently having its attention meant that the glitch flung back something at Cass, Jeremiah's eyes still watering (and turning to frost along his cheeks, wasn't that special) and not really able to properly focus.

"Sorry-" he said abruptly, at least making sure to touch part of her arm that had a sleeve. In a blink of her eyes, they were further away and avoiding the rubble that it had thrown at Cass. Jeremiah let go of her immediately. It was also, apparently, where Hellbine had taken cover. The small feline staring up at them and then hunkering back down. At least he did not look scared.

The glitch roared from down the street, seemingly looking around for them.

"Apologies," Jeremiah said again, "but that is easier at the moment than trying to block things when I need my vision to clear." He rubbed a hand at his eyes, brushing away frost, and blinking repeatedly. Icy scales were more obvious on him now, having crept up along his neck and into his hairline (they were also visible along the back of his hands). It meant that he was, at least, a little chilly to be around but also had not been damaged from being thrown.

"Separation is probably best." Shoulders rolled and he straightened up to watch the glitch. It had not yet realized they were not even that far away, looking the other direction.

"I have an idea of what to do now, as well as what it is," the brief look on his face said he could live without the knowledge, "and it needs to be stopped or it will just keep up what it's been doing with all this destruction." Jeremiah's fingers flicked, a ball of coldfire forming and then flung towards the glitch.

Though it looked like it was going to take a meandering path so that it still kept looking the other way.

"Are you alright with helping with this still?" She had already been zapped. There was a chance it would happen again.

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 13/??

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:49 pm
It all happened in the blink of an eye - no seriously, Cass looked as puzzled as the glitch now, looking around to get her bearings before looking at Jeremiah more confused than offended that she'd been touched at all.

"Well, it's better than being smashed, I guess..." she said, mostly dismissing the unwanted contact. Hey, at least they'd found Hellbine (and she'd probably find claw marks on her shoulder from where the initial retreat had happened). It also gave them a little breathing room to maybe consider a plan. Which it sounded like Jeremiah may have had one.

"Okay, so some distance is fine, I can do that..." she wasn't sure if that meant 'MOVE IMMEDIATELY NOW' or what, but she at least waited for Jeremiah to finish talking, looking at him intently. "Honestly, this isn't exactly inconvenient to me. Dangerous, yeah, but not my first tango," well, it was with a glitch monster, but.... "I'm still alright to help deal with this. It'll be inconvenient for other people otherwise."

azuredreams
Didn't roll because Cass didn't technically attack it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:14 pm
Jeremiah looked mildly amused. A combination of Cass's willingness and the fact that this wasn't her first tango. It was likely her first tango with a being in other ashdown but- Well, at least the implication was there that she was familiar with combat.

Not that he was delving into that.

"Alright then," he replied, "then I need to get my hands on it." Jeremiah was watching the glitch which still thankfully was not looking back at them. The coldfire that he had tossed at it would show up any moment, he knew (if only from habit of throwing them around and setting them to track Shun when they were training).

"Which will not exactly be comfortable to do but I think I can dismantle it if I can get a proper grip on it. I just don't know that it's going to like me doing that again after the last lovetap it got me from me." Especially since it seemed aware even if it was mostly just aware and cranky. "It's basically a lot of pieces of things that have gathered together. We could probably chip away at it but that would be more dangerous in the long run ..."

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 13/?? ; plan hatching, no rolling yet.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:29 pm
Cass nodded along as Jeremiah explained the situation with the knowledge he had (and she definitely didn't have as clearly). "That makes sense. I...when it was coming at me I got a feeling sort of like that. Like a hive." But it had just been a feeling. She hadn't seen anything to confirm that.

That just meant, based on Jeremiah's words, she needed to trust her gut a bit more.Since apparently the gut meant something here. Good.

"Sounds like....what I need to do is give you a chance to get your hands on it, yeah?" she crossed her arms, as though trying to put into mind what she thought would be the most helpful there. It would definitely like to fight them both. She needed to make it only have the option of tangoing with her if that was the route they were going to take.

"I think I can do that."

azuredreams

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:10 am
"A hive isn't too far off ..." Jeremiah looked thoughtful. "It- I want to say it's leftovers that have merged and turned into a trash monster but that would be cruel to say." Still, Cass had good instincts and her feeling wasn't wrong.

He nodded at her, eyes flicking once more towards it. "Yes, essentially. I don't like the idea of using you as a diversion but I don't know that it will let me get my hands directly on it again." So he had no other options. "It can also simply glitch itself away from me if I try to move right next to it." A twitch of lips. "Or toss me like a rag doll again."

Jeremiah glanced down to his small familiar who was pawing at the ground. Vines were growing suddenly and he let out a huff. "No, Hellbine, you are not going to try tripping it up with vines. Stay hidden." He looked back to Cass. "It's already agitated and hasn't left, so I would say it's focus can be grabbed."

So whenever she was ready, whenever she had at least an idea, they were ready to move.

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 13/?? ; plan hatching, no rolling yet.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
demon_pachabel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:39 pm
Cass gave the thumbs up. "Alright. I'll try to find the sweet spot of 'distracting but not getting my liver yanked out'." If Jeremiah was going to find a new place to stand, she gave a momentary pause to allow for it before taking a deep breath to sort out what she had at her command right then.

Charging thing is out of the question right now. It'll toss me and then probably find Jeremiah in the meantime. I need to lure it over. Something still kinda..noisy and maybe that pointedly lead over to her. Cass carefully took a few steps towards the thing.

What she wanted, was something that was loud enough to catch it's attention, but also came close enough to it to draw aggro. Like a skipping stone, only made out of energy that rippled across the ground. Small. Light. Maybe would stumble it if it walked into it.

The image was pretty clear in her head as she focused what little practice she had in her hand, and tossed it.

Azuredreams
Hi, Mass Effect again :V

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm
Jeremiah gave her a nod and disappeared in a blink, differently than when he moved with coldfire in his step. The silver-haired man was out of sight, seemingly leaving her alone.

Not really, however. He was simply biding his time. Were he inclined to give away his location (it was on top of the nearby building watching, alright), he would have called out to Cass to let her know that that move she just did? It was kind of amazing for someone just learning magic.

The stone she threw definitely got it's attention, the glitch roaring one more in agitation. More so because it had lost track of them, it had just gotten tossed around a little, and it picked itself up in jerky bursts before moving towards Cass.

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 15/?? ; jeremiah isn't rolling yet >3 but he will next turn

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
demon_pachabel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:24 am
Aaaand there it was, coming her way. She wanted to keep it coming her way, and definitely stay out of reach. As far as it knew, she was now alone and if it grabbed her there was a possibility of very different results than last time when Jeremiah was also a distraction. No charging in. Hell, she could feel a certain exhaustion building in her whenever she tried anything with the magic, so she'd need to continue with smaller things.

Use her body as a weapon and the magic as a lure. Not that she wanted to start fisticuffs with this thing at the moment. Well she did, but she shouldn't.

As it approached her, Cass pointedly walked backwards to maintain some sort of distance as she decided her next step. This was like a really weird test fall - only instead of being caught, it was you won't be caught. She reached out, imagining that stone again, before tossing it again towards the Glitch. It wouldn't have hurt much, but if it was annoyed with her, it would keep it's attention on her.

Her goal wasn't damage. It was focus. She needed to keep that in mind.

azuredreams

azuredreams rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 pm
The glitch was tossed back again the moment that the stone impacted it. Around it, the world seemed to shake as if it was warping. It was slower this time, picking itself up and that was when Jeremiah moved.

He was right behind it, though he looked to be moving slower than normal, and had to wade through the distortion around it to grab a hold of it. To Cass it would look like things were moving through a warped funhouse mirror.

To Jeremiah he was having to blink his vision periodically because it looked like things were shifting around him - every slight difference making him want to look another way. It did not stop him and eventually he got his hands on it, a low growl escaping because he could feel the backlash of energy against him.

Once it realized that Jeremiah was not letting go, it roared again. Not that the silver-haired man paid that any attention, or the fact that it was going to hit him. No, he was looking for something and pulling at it with magic.

A piece of what looked like fabric came fluttering off and floated towards Cass. It was part of a shirt with a nametag that read: Darlene.

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 25/??

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
demon_pachabel rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:42 pm
Cass blinked a few times, her eyes watering as she tried to keep the creature in focus. It warped in an out of something resembling well....anything. Lord, she had so many ideas for her Eldritch Romance Novel right then. Only it was a little less kinky than what it looked like was Jeremiah putting his hands around it's neck.

As the piece of shirt came towards her, she reached out, grabbing it. She held it for a moment, looking confused (as it held absolutely no significance to her). After a moment, she released it and allowed it to continue blowing away. Now she had to decide - did she go in and decide to also get her hands on that situation?

Looking at her own hands, Cass took a deep breath and began to approach the fray. She'd been determined to wrassle the creature, though as drew closer to it, she pondered if she was perhaps going to make things worse. But never the less, she reached out, grabbing for well....

Anything.

Azuredreams
:V Cass is helpful.

azuredreams rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:04 am
With Cass reaching for it, Jeremiah's hands still on it and sliding down to shoulders, the glitch let out another roar. His own grip tightened, the silver-haired man yanking a hand back and pulling something with it.

It was a dog collar, strangely enough, with a tag on it that said DOVE.

"Put something on your skin! To protect it!" Jeremiah said in a tight voice, though he was not yelling or speaking any louder than normal. "Otherwise you'll-" Then he was zapped again, pretty solidly, nearly losing his grip but going right back in.

"That will happen and hurt badly," he ground out. He was still pulling at it, breaking it apart piece by piece because that was how it worked in his mind: it was made up of parts and could be taken apart. Eventually he would find the core, whatever was at the center.

As Cass's hands made contact, she would get her own flash of something. Another life? Another name that was yelled (Samantha!) that was achingly familiar.

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 30/?? ; guess who whiffed (so don't feel unhelpful, spirit-daughter, ur spirit-father is also helpful).

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:48 am
Cover her hands? Cover them with what? Well, she'd done alright with what she'd had so far, so...magic time. Less about something damaging, and more of just a layer of something between her hands and the Glitch's body.

Less than a shock, she nearly recoiled at the name. "Sorry buddy, haven't been Samantha in eight years," she growled under her breath. Samantha Simons, allowed to have nice things, but also born to a bad egg. It ached to think someone would ever call out that name again, but it also reminded her that there could only be one.

All she had was Cassandra.

"What do I need to do?" she asked, holding tight, but also feeling like pieces of something were going to crumble off of it the tighter she held. Pieces like a Samantha Simons with a younger sister or an older brother or both. She was an only child. She'd always been an only child.

Azuredreams
With their powers combined, they're both unhelpful. Awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 pm
Jeremiah's eyes were glowing brightly - brighter than normal - as they seemed to lose focus. He was looking within, trying at least, to find the thing he knew had to be there. It had been a feeling in his gut and if he had learned anything, you never doubted your instincts.

Her growling was barely heard (and not acknowledged) but he was pleased to see a glimmer of something along her skin that looked like a protective layer. It was as he looked back from her, having to shake off what sounded like someone calling out Jerry Tailor!, when he saw it.

"Chest," he called out to her. "Pull at it's chest, there's something in there!" Something that was not eerie echoes and things that did not exist (no longer did or never had or would come to be).

demon_pachabel
DMG TOTAL: 30/?? ; roll a D10, if Cass rolls 6 ~ 10, she will yank something out.

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
demon_pachabel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 pm
Magical rubber gloves, really. He'd gotten zapped, she'd been smart enough to take the cue. Spirit-daughter would make spirit-father proud.

Fortunately, she was still following Jeremiah's lead on what to do with this - mostly because Cassandra hadn't thought far past 'I want to wrassle it' about anything. This was technically wrassling. She was getting her wish.

Blue eyes focused on Jeremiah briefly as he spoke before she nodded. "I'll do my best!" She wasn't even sure where the chest was on this thing. But she guessed that it was somewhere...around.....

there. Cass grabbed tightly, even if she'd been wrong, she'd still get something.

azuredreams

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces