Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[DRP] They Were All Yellow (Chester & Preacher) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 pm
this is awkward okay

She jerked her head up at his voice. It sounded... weird. "M'face hurts n'... n' what tha ******** were ya sayin'? I know I dint hit myself that hard but it weren't normal." Reaching out, she poked his lips as though worried they were going to spew forth things in tongues.

smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:26 am
morning

Chester circled his recently liberated arms around her waist and gave her a squeeze. She was so far from too heavy that it was almost funny, and he had always found the weight of her reassuring anyway, especially when she clung. Her presence was comforting, and before they'd fallen into this, he hadn't realized how much he'd craved that feeling.

"I never thought losing the cops would be so easy," he said, his voice lower now that she was so close. "Though somehow I don't think this would work on anyone else."

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:11 am
wizard cancer

"I think I should start with the sketchbook. I could... uh... reward myself with that fancy tape or something after every tenth poem." Praising himself for churning out crap seemed like a mistake somehow. Chester lay the haiku on his desk. "But since it's yours, you should definitely draw in it too." The fact that he hadn't thought of that sooner was almost a little irritating, but he'd kind of been dwelling on his own mortality.

"And you should write a million. Though poems about me are certain to be very dull."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 am
movies

He snorted on an exhale, his smile soft and relaxed.

"You're very good at this, you know. Lovely fingers." Chester opened one eye to look at her fuzzy form for a second, then closed it again. He sometimes wished he had the ability to raise one eyebrow like The Rock. When he tried, he looked a little like he was having a stroke.

"I'll take you up on wetness when you least expect it. We still have to go to the beach too."

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:57 am
this is awkward okay

"What do you mean? I..."

It was back, and this time Chester heard it too. The dull thumps of running feet and rushing water clumped into words. He held his mouth firmly shut as Preacher pawed at it, a handful of barely visible runes lingering around his lips for a short time after he went silent.

He shrugged, doing a poor job at nonchalance, got up, and stepped toward the freezer to get her ice.

The Semblance of Un!ty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:43 am
movies

Lovely. "Ya only sayin' that 'cause your eyes're closed." Still, her fingers kept up their movement. "We should go afore tha summer's over. Lemme know when you're free, guero." The end of summer. It would herald the coming of fall, and... November. Time was running out. She suppressed a shiver.

"I'll jus hafta expect wetness." It sounded dirty, which was the entire reason she'd said it that way. Reaching back, she pulled the tail of her braid over her shoulder. Slowly, stealthily, she hunched down and bit and tickled the end of his nose with her hair.  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am
morning

"Dunno that it's so much losin' as turnin' tables, mr. criminal." She snuggled close, feeling his voice rumble in his chest.

"I'd prob' pay ta see ya try it on Kuroda." She chuckled, resisting the urge to rub her face against his skin. "I owe him a punch though n' that'd make it two if he took ya up on it, though."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:47 am
this is awkward okay

"Come back," she said, forgetting all about how her cheek ached (and her tailbone, and one of her ankles). Preacher sat on the floor, fully prepared to trip Chester Poole's a** if he tried to skedaddle away.

"There was symbols 'round ya words."  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 am
wizard cancer

"Mmmkay, I'll go grab it inna bit. Ya mean washi tape? That stuff's pretty cute, though I never used it." Preacher turned around so that she could rest her head more easily against his thigh (and also look at his with less possibility of a crick in the neck).

She seemed to think very hard for a few moments.

"Chester Poole ain't a fool;
he knew how ta play 'is cool.
He's got good hands,
can -"

"Dammit, I ran outta steam."

smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:52 pm
movies

"You certainly wi—"

He had been more than prepared to continue their thinly veiled exchange of lewdity when her hair brushed his face and he paused, wrinkling his nose to mitigate the itch.

"Are you..." Scrunch. "...threatening me with... The Tickle?"

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 pm
morning

"True. I doubt I could run very fast if the detective decided to latch on." Chester laughed at the thought, moving one hand to her shoulder. "If you have to go after him to defend my honor, promise you'll watch out for the knives." He barely knew the man, but that one dagger had made quite an impression.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm
this is awkward okay

"I am," he muttered, trying to make as little noise as possible. Once he'd retrieved some ice and wrapped it in a towel, he crouched beside Preacher again, holding it out to her before he began to speak.

"I'm not doing anything, but this is... weird, right?" The sounds had changed, the footsteps now more like dull thuds and the rain a higher pitched plink. The runes continued to form, but they didn't last for long.

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 pm
wizard cancer

He nodded at her tape assessment, but once Preacher's poem got going, he couldn't help the amusement that overtook his face.

"But it's perfect," he said once she'd stopped. "A cliffhanger. Everyone will have to guess at what I can do." He reached down and curled his fingers at the nape of her neck, gently massaging the skin there. "Good hands, though. I'll have to put that on my resume."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:17 am
morning

"He better watch for my knives. I got butterfly knife tricks, mebbe he'll get intimidated by m'stunnin' display and return your honor n' chastity." She grinned and thought that maybe sometimes, she could show him the little spinny flips and s**t. Learning them had been cathartic, even though they were largely useless maneuvers in an actual fight.

Impulsively, she moved her head and kissed the hand on her shoulder. "'Sides, I'm latched on now. People'd have ta go through me first."  

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 am
this is awkward okay

She exhaled as pressed the ice against her cheek. It kind of made her teeth hurt. "I mean.... I jus' changed inta a mink five min ago, so weird is kinda the norm. Besides, it's kinda cool. I wonder what it means." She paused. "It ain't 'round my lips, is it?"

She wanted to reach out and pluck the runes from the air, examining each one; she wanted to see if she could breathe them in. "It sounds like... plinky rain n' ya thuddin' up tha stairs, but I can understand ya ********... Kinda neat. I wonder what tha bullshit magic is tryna do."  
ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff