Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inhuman: Rebirth

Back to Guilds

What will you do when the rise of the "superhuman" leads to war? 

Tags: mutant, hero, villain, super, power 

Reply Private Role-play
Northern Lights Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

User Image User Image User Image

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi didn't doubt Mathis's threat for a second, but she didn't drop the barrier either. “I don't want to fight you, but I can't let you hurt him Mathis.” This was all Snow's doing. Mathis had always had a great potential for violence, he'd always been dangerous, but he had also always known where the line was before. The difference between friends and enemies. He had gained control of his powers, but lost so much more. Lexi shifted the barrier so both her and Mathis were trapped inside while the taxi driver was free to leave. “What will hurting him gain you Mathis? He can't tell you what he doesn't know. Concussion is gone. All that hurting him will achieve is losing an ally and a resource.” It wasn't her preferred argument, but she knew he'd never accept the simple reason that it was wrong, so she tried for logic instead. “Just breath Mathis. We'll find him again.” She had almost reached him now.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:21 pm
Mathis Mathews

She did not drop the barrier, and Mathis was a man of his word. When Lexi came to close to him he swung at her side. Not her head, the side of her abdomen. Clearly wanting to hurt but not do lasting damage to her. "A vestigial resource." Mathis returned. She had put them in an arena now. A small area to fight when that was what Mathis had become proficient at. "He failed. He had one job and failed so what use is he to me?" By now the driver was confused as to what was happening. He knew Mathis was mad but could not figure out entirely what he had done. But given what Mathis had done for him he wasn't going to leave yet.

Date: February 3, 2013 | Alias: Frost

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:29 pm
"As a girl I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books.Someone who fought for what was right and protect people who couldn't protect themselves."

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi didn’t make a move to stop Mathis. She didn’t try to block him, dance out of the way or even use a shield to protect herself. They had met on the battlefield enough times for Mathis to know he hadn’t simply caught her off guard. Mathis was a man of his word, but so was Lexi. She said she didn’t want to fight him and she meant it. She had enough training and experience to keep her footing and not stumble to the side, but that certainly didn’t mean it didn’t hurt. There was a grunt, a grimace and slight bending over as his fist buried itself in her side. “Mathis…” She began while slowly straightening. “He made a mistake, but he isn’t useless. He’s risked his life to help you today. Given up rewards from the Dominion by not ratting you out. He’s loyal and that is worth a lot. Especially these days. Don’t forget who your real enemies are.”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:23 pm
Mathis Mathews

"He can't turn to the Dominion. They'd kill him. He is only alive because I didn't when they told me to." Mathis shot back as he thought about putting another punch where it would do more damage. "Anyone who gets in the way is an enemy. Providence doesn't seem to realize that and they are losing the war." Mathis didn't hit her, nor did he try to kill the driver which he certainly had thought up a way to do by now. He seemed a little caught between two thoughts. "This is over. Go back to Providence. I'll do the rest myself."

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:41 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi’s expression soften after Mathis brought up that he had previously saved the drivers life. Maybe her Mathis wasn’t completely gone after all. She could have argued with him some more, about the philosophies of Dominion and Providence, right and wrong, or about the difference between allies and enemies, but she didn’t. The moment had passed and she was reasonably sure he wasn’t going to kill the driver. Pushing the subject would only be counterproductive. Lexi dropped the dome she had trapped the pair of them in. “I’m not going to leave you to do this by yourself Mathis. Let’s go finish Concussion together.”

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:37 am
Mathis Mathews

"You don't get it, it's over. The window is closed. By now they will have taken Concussion underground and we will not see him again. The leaders won't advertise that one of their own was nearly killed and it won't take more than three healers to fix his arm. We have nothing." Mathis responded bitterly before he turned and began walking away. He was not going in that taxi and he was not going to wait around and talk to Lexi. He was done with everything for the moment. They had lost, that was all that mattered to him.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi paused long enough to tell the driver to go home before falling into step beside Mathis. s**t, but her side hurt, every step sending a new little wave of pain. It had been a long time since she had taken a hit completely undefended like that and Mathis knew how to throw a punch. Walking was the last thing she wanted to be doing right now. If they had been in D.C. She would have likely left him to be alone with his anger, but she wasn't about to leave by himself in Dominion territory. Some of Concussion's goons could very easily catch up to them. She did have something else to say, but decided to keep her silence for the time being. Then after a moment of silence Lexi pulled out her cell phone.

“Hey, do you think you could hack some street cameras in San Francisco?” There was a slight pause before she gave the cross streets of Concussion's apartment. Then another pause. “About five minutes ago. Hurry though, I don't expect any footage to survive long.” If there were any conveniently placed traffic cameras to catch his escape in the first place. Still it was worth a shot. Then she hung up the phone and fell into silence once more.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:59 pm
Mathis Mathews

Mathis said nothing, holding his ever stoic presence as he lumbered down the street in anger. He wasn't afraid of being in Dominion territory. It was a land he had learned well when he was on their side. He still knew some secrets. Still, it was very likely that Concussion would send people as soon as his arm was stabilized. It wouldn't be very long either, Mathis broke it by freezing it so Concussion really wouldn't bleed out. Anyhow, Mathis just continued walking down the street. Any footage of the duo escaping the building would simply show one moment where they came out of the building, and the next moment where the camera was blinded or smashed.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 am

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

The duo walked along in silence for several minutes. For her part, Lexi put most of her focus into watching for potential attackers. It was, after all, the primary reason she had come with despite knowing Mathis would rather be alone right now. Or at least figuring she wasn’t exactly his favourite person right now given she had failed to distract Concussion long enough and had stopped him from harming the taxi driver. She hoped he would eventually decide she did the right thing when it came to the driver, but couldn’t be sure. Not after his time with Snow. Her phone vibrated and she pulled it out to see a short clip had been sent from her contact. A few frames of Concussion running from the building with his arm missing before the elbow. The Dominion of course would claim it was fake, doctored by a technopath. Some would believe it was real, others would not. Lexi didn’t think it would really change any minds, but what she saw was hope. Proof for those fighting in the war that the founders weren’t untouchable. She wordlessly held it out for Mathis to look at. It wasn’t much it. But it was something.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:59 am
Mathis Mathews

Mathis took the phone with spite and anger guiding his every movement. He looked at the video and then tossed the phone back to her. "It doesn't show where he went so it doesn't matter." Mathis responded angrily. It was almost like she had just reminded him that they let Concussion escape them. The prime difference between Lexi and Mathis was that Lexi believed in ideals like hope where as Mathis believed in results. People like Mathis existed so that people who believed in hope weren't entirely killed.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:44 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi quickly caught the phone Mathis had carelessly tossed back at her, the sudden motion causing her to grit her teeth as a sharp pain went through her side. She was careful to slide the phone away before answering him, giving her a moment to breath and recover. “I know Mathis. You are right about him going underground and being healed...and I know you want me to drop it....but if he saw this. If we broadcast this around the world, do you think it would piss him off enough to come after us? Draw him out of hiding?” She was trying to fix it. Providence would send it out regardless, but if Mathis thought he would come after them, then maybe they could have a second chance at Concussion. Sometimes you just needed a little bit of hope and determination to get results.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 am
Mathis Mathews

"He'd want to but Snow would stop him. They'd probably block the footage from ever reaching any of their more controlled areas. It won't get out as quickly as you want. Someone will come for us because we have it but it won't be him." Mathis replied as he picked up the pace. By now Lexi would likely notice what Mathis just had. There was someone sitting in a car a bit down the street behind them who was watching them intently.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Lexi fell into silence once more. Part of her wanted to ask about Snow. What she was really like, not what the propaganda machine told her she was like. For a woman Lexi despised she actually knew very little about Snow. However part of her worried she wouldn't like his answer. The time for talking was over anyway, seeing as they apparently had company. They should have gotten in the taxi, but she was glad she had decided to go with Mathis. She would keep up with him and defer to him for now. After all this was his territory.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:58 am
Mathis Mathews

Mathis kept his brisk pace and when it seemed that they would get away from the man in the car watching them, the man turned on his car and began to follow them. Mathis turned a corner, slapped Lexi on the shoulder to signal, and then began running. The car picked up speed. By now, the hope of being discreet was gone. Concussion knew they were here in Dominion territory so his goons would start to tear it apart. This car was probably the start. Knowing that he wouldn't win a footrace with a vehicle, Mathis turned down an alley the car would not be able to follow but once he did he was unpleasantly surprised to find himself at a dead end.

Deadly_Tiger

Nine1122
Vice Captain

Quotable Businessman

Deadly_Tiger
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Lexi Darksilver
Halo

Running was the last thing Lexi wanted to do, but she had little choice so she grit her teeth and kept pace with Mathis. At least until they found themselves at a dead end. She skidded to a halt.”I'll hold them off, if you can make us a quick exit.” She suggested. The alternative was for her to use one of her constructs to lift them out while he played defence, but her way seemed more practical. Her shields were a bit better for defence and she had seen him to some pretty amazing things with his ice when it came to getting out of a bind.

✬Feb 3 2013✬

nine1122

Private Role-play

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas