Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:20 pm
Yeah it would probably be a large town then(somewhere around 30,000)
The people who live in that area aren't really effected by the darkness because of how long the place has been in that state(and has no intention on changing)people built up an immunity to it or have a spell that gives them protection.
TBD, mostly could be a fun side plot when in that location but nothing you need to think about
Who won I don't know I also only have details on 1 of the 2 places that fought in the war. TBD. and yeah it is a good distance mainly because of the darkness  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:14 pm
Oh, and the war was 2-5 years ago.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:03 pm
Ok, awesome! Gaia appears to be having some issues... (server migration?)

Any information about the one side that was fighting the war over the land would be great. I also want to say that the people that live in the town may be immune or protected from the effects of the dark energy there, but the soldiers who stayed in the town probably were not (which would explain why they may have been responsible for a number of deaths, thefts, and general misfortunes).

I would imagine that the dark energies might cause various effects on people who are not used to it, including amplifying negative tendencies (from bad habits to self-destructive thoughts), and negative emotions (including depression and anger). I think that it would make people more likely to act on their desires and impulses too (lowers inhibitions), leading to more fights and more crime, especially by outsiders. It may also amplify/intensify (or even cause) anxiety, and it may cause some sicknesses/illnesses to become more aggressive and thus, more difficult to cure without magical intervention. People who are sensitive to the energy may feel ill just being in the town, but there are amulets that can ward off the effects of the darkness if one knows where to look, though they are not cheap by any means. (And if you do find one priced considerably lower, then you should be wary of it's effectiveness.)
So it's a pretty dark and depressing place for outsiders. Among those that do/did visit, the bars/pubs where people gamble would be popular (though many people would regret walking in there in the first place), as would brothels (for obvious reasons, especially with impulsive people, though they may have to sign a waver when they enter the establishment, as people are not always upfront about disease). These are also the places that would have the most security. Basically, you need money to hire guards, so only the most wealthy establishments would have bouncers or security staff. (For example; at the local clinic it would be the doctors and nurses who restrain troublemakers.) There is a sheriff's office, which is connected to the jailhouse, but it's not meant to be a prison and only has about 4 holding cells. The town is essentially it's own volunteer police force. The same goes for firefighters; if something catches fire, everyone is expected to help get the situation under control and put out the flames.
The most peaceful place would likely be the church thanks to it's being blessed and well-kept by the clergy who reside there. (Unsure if the graveyard would be included with that peacefulness or not). The market is also a much less depressing place in an otherwise dark town. Speaking of which, the sky is often cloudy and it rains quite a bit (like stereotypical London, England), but it does have some sunny days every now and then.

What do you think? Sound about right to you?

Oh, and yet another question: Would the dark energy also affect other things that provide life like food? For example, if somebody brought fresh apples into the town, would they--the apples--begin to rot faster than normal due to the darkness drawing the life energy out of them?

Finally, Terran's father goes by the name of Fenrir, or just 'Fen' for short. He has a personality that I can only describe as being "Loki-like" for some rason. He's mischievous and is willing to betray anybody on a simple whim. Sill, he doesn't do anything he doesn't want to do unless he finds the request reasonable (either due to something he did, or in exchange for something he wants), or unless he can "have fun" with it. If you are familiar with D&D, his alignment is "chaotic evil".  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:38 pm
Haru Yates

Ummm wellllllll actually outsiders do not go into this place at all (unless they are moving there for reasons) the place is very secluded and the people there like things the way they are. Actually, the place was very high tech before the war but no one from the outside known because "racism" against dark mages. (Not sure about this [mainly because it won't come up] but I'm thinking the way this place started off was people who where kicked out of their home for being dark mages and it was formed as a refuge for them.)

And for the one place that was part of the war, I have nothing on the place itself, but here is some details on the king:
He uses light magic and acts superior to others because of it, he was the one responsible for the war, and a lot of people love him for no real reason.

Again I should say I have very little planed, like less then 1% of things planned. I might make a test map to get a slight Idea of what there is to do.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:08 pm
No problem! I'm gonna keep making suggestions and thinking in the mean time. (If anything, maybe it'll inspire you or give you ideas that you can use (or reject) as you see fit.)

In that case, it's fair to say that Terran may not be aware of how the dark affects outsiders Terran is a shadow user, so he should have a general idea of how the darkness affects others.... (Not to mention that he would have seen it affect the soldiers who visited during the war.) If the majority of the people there are dark mages, then that suggests that there may also be some "unhinged" people in the town as well. (Dark magic--especially offensive spells and curses--has a bad habit of backfiring on the caster and those drawn to the darkness are not necessarily unfamiliar with revenge.) That also means that if they are all outcasts themselves, then they are less likely to shun Terran (in general) for being "cursed". *thinks some more* That also means that the church may be the only place in town where exorcisms and other holy magic can be properly performed. (Ironically, I do picture Terran volunteering at the church. His other part-time work involves moving things (like a moving company that he helps out at), and stealing from corpses (they aren't buried, so it's not technically grave robbing, but he would do that if they payed him to... he could qualify as a grave robber,) and selling the wares at a street shop run by street urchins like himself (they work together, though he only started to tend to the actual market stall after his mother passed away and he lost his home). I'd always assumed that Terran was a self-taught shadow user, but I do picture him having a friend or a mentor that is involved in the church.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:25 pm
Haru Yates

There would probably be a good amount of messed up people but the people from this place are all very intelligent so most of that all happened after the war
Also I'm not aure how I feel about there being a church if there was one it probably wouldn't be normal because everyone there is you know dark  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:39 pm
Xa44
There would probably be a good amount of messed up people but the people from this place are all very intelligent so most of that all happened after the war
Also I'm not sure how I feel about there being a church if there was one it probably wouldn't be normal because everyone there is you know dark

I personally think that a church would be a good thing because it serves as a shelter for homeless and a place of worship. (Just because these people study black magic and occult stuff doesn't mean that they don't believe in some sort of God or religion). That, and many believe that if somebody isn't given a proper funeral, then their soul can not rest in peace, so the church would double as the ground keeper for the cemetery. They ensure that our loved ones don't become a necromancer's slave. (Well, for the most part at least. $h!t happens.) They don't need to be really lawful or overzealous. They believe that nobody is truly evil, and they believe that they can save us by being kind and treating the sick... like missionaries, but they've been there for generations now. So they live there and some even know some dark magic in addition to the holy magic that has been passed down through the generations.)
Besides, how many dark magic users are skilled at breaking and dispelling curses?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:50 pm
Yeah. Really, all I'm saying is that the church probably isn't for worshiping a good god.
And as for breaking curses, they could easily just be reverse engineering them.
Also, I would think that the people there would avoid using light magic because of what light mages have done to them.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:08 pm
Eh? It's not what "normal" people have done to them? Don't some mages study multiple fields of magics? (jack of all some trades, master of none?) ...How do you reverse-engineer magic? (O~O)???

The church may not be popular, but it might still be a good idea. There's a lot of risk involved in having a dark mage curing you or breaking a curse, as it's not really their thing... You risk trading one curse for a new curse when you do that, (or undoing half of the curse, or transferring it fully to somebody else instead of dispelling it completely). It's beneficial to help keep damage to a minimum when dark magic spells backfire, blow up, or invite unwelcome "guests" into the town. You can't dispute that even the master mages of darkness must acknowledge that none can exorcise a demon like a holy mage, and I have yet to see a dark/shadow mage exorcise a ghost... Especially when that type of thing falls under the general domain of holy magic, since they would never bother to have learned light magic if they truly hate it that much. Botched exorcisms would make things like that much worse!

After all, why did most of these people even become dark mages in the first place? What is it that draws people to the dark side? What motivated them to study the dark arts?

These questions may play into the stereotypes associated with dark magic, but the fact that dark magic can ultimately corrupt is a risk that they all acknowledge. (Even Terran knows that if he screws up badly enough, the shadows can swallow him whole.) Point is there is a reason why it's a forbidden practice. Maybe the church is corrupt, or maybe they believe in harmony and they have accepted the darkness, believing that it is equal to the light in every way. (After all, you can not create shadow without light.)
It doesn't have to be a big church, maybe just limited to 2-3 people who manage the church and tend to the graveyard. They know how life works here, so they try not to interact much with others to avoid fights (having minimal presence). They may even turn a blind eye to graves that are dug up (depending on who or why the grave got dug), and they will knowingly provide shelter to thieves, (yeah, they know what the street kids do), believing that it is the right thing to do.
They also serve as something like the local psychiatrist, which is also an asset; like the last hope for those suffering from depression or other mental illness. They may not be all that powerful, nor are they experts, but they are useful, even if only as a service to be abused on occasion. Their magic is not offensive, so they know better than to challenge the dark mages who live there.

Besides that, not everyone is prejudiced against dark mages, just like how not all dark mages loath the light. (Some, like Terran, do believe that light and dark are equal, and that they are capable of co-existing in a state of harmony. If anything, the church has taught him that there is a balance between the two elements, that must be respected.)

Make sense?

Another idea: Even the Legend of Zelda has a church (the temple of time), but it also contains the portal to the sacred realm. Perhaps the church that exists in this town also exists to guard a dark secret (knowingly or not)?
...Or not, lol.

Lastly, you forgot to answer my question about the fruit: Do things like fruit spoil and rot faster than normal thanks to the darkness draining the life out of them?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:48 pm
Haru Yates
Eh? It's not what "normal" people have done to them? Don't some mages study multiple fields of magics? (jack of all some trades, master of none?) ...How do you reverse-engineer magic? (O~O)???

Well yes but light mages do it more, and yes people use groups of magic but most avoid dark so yes like always there is some exceptions but even then they study putside the town. And normally curses are done by a ritual and they could look at what curse was used on them and have ways to undo it(think if someone was put to sleep my a curse and it could be broken by true loves kiss, they would figure that out and solve it by using some allusion)

Haru Yates
The church may not be popular, but it might still be a good idea. There's a lot of risk involved in having a dark mage curing you or breaking a curse, as it's not really their thing... You risk trading one curse for a new curse when you do that, (or undoing half of the curse, or transferring it fully to somebody else instead of dispelling it completely). It's beneficial to help keep damage to a minimum when dark magic spells backfire, blow up, or invite unwelcome "guests" into the town. You can't dispute that even the master mages of darkness must acknowledge that none can exorcise a demon like a holy mage, and I have yet to see a dark/shadow mage exorcise a ghost... Especially when that type of thing falls under the general domain of holy magic, since they would never bother to have learned light magic if they truly hate it that much. Botched exorcisms would make things like that much worse!
Yeah I guess. Also, a slight idea could be imitation light magic, the people here were very advanced; they could have made something like that.

Haru Yates
After all, why did most of these people even become dark mages in the first place? What is it that draws people to the dark side? What motivated them to study the dark arts?
Different for all people. Some just like it, some are curious, some wanna get 100%, some were raised into it, also it wouldn't be bringing them to the dark side and dark magic isn't forbidden in most places, just looked down upon.

Haru Yates
These questions may play into the stereotypes associated with dark magic, but the fact that dark magic can ultimately corrupt is a risk that they all acknowledge. (Even Terran knows that if he screws up badly enough, the shadows can swallow him whole.) Point is there is a reason why it's a forbidden practice. Maybe the church is corrupt, or maybe they believe in harmony and they have accepted the darkness, believing that it is equal to the light in every way. (After all, you can not create shadow without light.)
It doesn't have to be a big church, maybe just limited to 2-3 people who manage the church and tend to the graveyard. They know how life works here, so they try not to interact much with others to avoid fights (having minimal presence). They may even turn a blind eye to graves that are dug up (depending on who or why the grave got dug), and they will knowingly provide shelter to thieves, (yeah, they know what the street kids do), believing that it is the right thing to do.
They also serve as something like the local psychiatrist, which is also an asset; like the last hope for those suffering from depression or other mental illness. They may not be all that powerful, nor are they experts, but they are useful, even if only as a service to be abused on occasion. Their magic is not offensive, so they know better than to challenge the dark mages who live there.
Well it's going to be small because of the war, but also I like this idea. Also something to add: they might sell bodies to necromancers to help with rebuilding or research of some type(pre-war)

Haru Yates
Besides that, not everyone is prejudiced against dark mages, just like how not all dark mages loath the light. (Some, like Terran, do believe that light and dark are equal, and that they are capable of co-existing in a state of harmony. If anything, the church has taught him that there is a balance between the two elements, that must be respected.)

Make sense?

Another idea: Even the Legend of Zelda has a church (the temple of time), but it also contains the portal to the sacred realm. Perhaps the church that exists in this town also exists to guard a dark secret (knowingly or not)?
...Or not, lol.

Lastly, you forgot to answer my question about the fruit: Do things like fruit spoil and rot faster than normal thanks to the darkness draining the life out of them?

SRY. I'm going to say yes, but also no. Yes it happens, but that seems like too much work to really do things with, so if you wanna do stuff with that, fine, but I won't.  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:07 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

Well yes but light mages do it more, and yes people use groups of magic but most avoid dark so yes like always there is some exceptions but even then they study outside the town. And normally curses are done by a ritual and they could look at what curse was used on them and have ways to undo it (think if someone was put to sleep by a curse and it could be broken by true loves kiss, they would figure that out and solve it by using some allusion

allusion?

Haru Yates

Well its going to be small because of the war but also I like this idea, also something to add they might sell bodies to necromancers to help with rebuilding or research of some type(pre-war)Wow, that would make them definitely corrupt, but what you said there resonates with me. Does that mean we have real doctors? lol. It actually makes them seem more like a cult, really, which would work overall with this town.

Xa44
Haru Yates

Make sense?

...Or not, lol.

SRY, I'm going to say yes but also no, yes it happens but that seems like to much work to really do things with so if you wanna do stuff with that fine but I won't

Yes and no to which question exactly? The fruit question?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:17 pm
Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Well yes but light mages do it more, and yes people use groups of magic but most avoid dark so yes like always there is some exceptions but even then they study outside the town. And normally curses are done by a ritual and they could look at what curse was used on them and have ways to undo it (think if someone was put to sleep by a curse and it could be broken by true loves kiss, they would figure that out and solve it by using some allusion

allusion?

illusions(sry I no spell good)

Haru Yates
Xa44
Haru Yates

Yeah I guess, also a slight idea could be imitation light magic, the people here where very advanced they could have made something like that
Haru Yates

Different for all people some just like it, some are curious, some wanna get 100%, some where raised into it, also it wouldn't be bringing them to the dark side and dark magic isn't forbidden in most places just looked down upon

Haru Yates

Well its going to be small because of the war but also I like this idea, also something to add they might sell bodies to necromancers to help with rebuilding or research of some type(pre war)

Wow, that would make them definitely corrupt, but what you said there resonates with me. Does that mean we have real doctors? lol. It actually makes them seem more like a cult, really, which would work overall with this town.

Yes actually this would be the only place with real doctors and not just people with healing magic, and yeah probably will be "cult like"(being a cultist this bolthers me a bit because the actual definition of a cult is not what you think it is)

Haru Yates

Xa44
Haru Yates

Make sense?

...Or not, lol.

SRY, I'm going to say yes but also no, yes it happens but that seems like to much work to really do things with so if you wanna do stuff with that fine but I won't

Yes  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:34 pm
Xa44
Do things like fruit spoil and rot faster than normal thanks to the darkness draining the life out of them?

Yes

Oh, don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything with it. I just find it fascinating! It's a great way to explain how powerful the darkness in the area is. Imagine, bringing home yellow bananas one day (still with a little green on them), and then finding them brown the next day, lol! Not that they grow bananas near this town, lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:42 pm
Haru Yates

Hahaha dont be silly bannanas don't exist  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100