Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Herbology Club ~ Open 2062-2063 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:01 am

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

seventh year || Slytherin prefect || pureblood legilimens
Quidditch keeper and captain || Cooking club critic and captin || Herbology club lollygager

”On it,” Wren grunted. He was only about a foot taller than Aspen, but sometimes that extra foot helped. He reached the box of trowels and set them within reaching distance before focusing on the task of reporting the little aloe.

Sparrow just nodded and hugged the cat in her arms. When a new person walked in though, she took a deep breath and tried to throw on a friendly face as Aspen introduced herself. ”Hello! I’m just a visitor, but my name is Sparrow Kiya Winchester! Or Sparrowlet, or Kiya or Kiki, whatever you’d like. Welcome to the Herbology club! What’s your name?”

Wren raised an eyebrow at Yukon’s arrival and question. He didn’t respond right away, but when Sparrow piped in with a ”Vodka tastes nice with pumpkin juice!”, Wren snapped his head up.

“Sparrow, no.” He did consider Yukon’s idea to make a little distillery with a smirk. Knolle vodka was pretty nice. But given Yukon’s new fascination with the stuff, Wren wasn’t so sure. He thought the dungeon storerooms might be an okay place to hide some equipment, but...well, he’d only bring it up if it seemed Yukon was actually going to do it. In that case, it’d better somewhere Wren could watch over, just in case. ”Now are we talking for sale? Or a more… personal collection? ‘Painted Turtle Vodka, a subsidiary of Knolle Distillery. Please drink responsibly’.” He turned back to the aloe, pulling it out, applying root stimulant, and repotting it with a fresh bed of dirt.

Weslyn smiled when her brother walked in and beelined for his friends, talking about...starting a branch of vodka here at school. She wasn’t exactly sure how much Yukon had drank in the last few days, but she was a little worried. He couldn’t have brought that much to Hogwarts, right? Maybe he’d stop once he ran out. She just wished she could do more. Wes fidgeted for a moment before sitting next to Aspen and Yukon.

setting Herbology Club, Fall 2052 || with Aspen, Sparrow, Herbology Club members.
appearance 5'8", fit, with remarkably nice skin aside from quaffle callouses || wearing black cat shirt + black jacket/jeans + dark blue scarf
status Aloe...vodka....aloe...

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Sometimes solutions aren't so simple
Sometimes goodbye's the only way
And the shadow of the day
Will embrace the world in grey
And the sun will set for you

✧✦
"Shadow of the Day" by Linkin Park, cover by Chase Eagleson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:21 pm
User Image
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
First Year Ravenclaw

"11 is the fourth number that stays the same when turned upside down after 0, 1, and 8."

A girl introduced herself to Flora Helen -Aspen Hill... Asp...snakes... snakes on a hill.... Flora re-focused who was the snake hill girl? She said not to be overwhelmed, something about pets, Flora began looking at the plants on the table they really were cute.... she’d try her best to answer.

Flora Helen looked at her and said softly, ”Are there flowers I can make a new crown with...mine is dried and flaking...” This girl seemed to be important enough, did she have permission of the high enough people to use whatever flowers she could to make crowns?

Then some other girl came up to her, she looked friendly, while holding a cat. Sparrow Winchester... Sparrow Village. Bird Village. Birds were pretty in the village. ”I’m Flora Helen. It’s nice to meet you Bird Village.”

"If you turn me upside down I'll still be the same, but my face might turn red and the world will look upside down."

Where & Who: Herbology People at Herbology Club
Thinking about: This.. will be okay.
Wearing: Pink dress; white apron (seen in Image)

“Cinnabun Gryffie”

“Addaellis”

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:05 pm

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

sixth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club head chef
Herbology Club co-captain || Quidditch manager

Herbology Club was definitely going to be different without Aspen Hill leading it, but Aspen had given a really touching speech about how she trusted Wes with plants and how people were really just plants with complicated emotions..which made more sense to her the longer she thought about it. Besides, she had Willow as her co-captain! Everything would be fine!

She got to the greenhouse first, and propped the door open with a tall pot of hyacinth--the shooting star variety, she remembered Aspen saying--. She set a few newly-duplicated tutoring forms on the table. Professor Hill and whoever else--probably Aspen and her sisters actually!--kept the plants in the greenhouse so well cared for Weslyn wasn’t sure what there was to do right away, but she busied herself looking over all the plants--including a few new sprouts--as she wanted for others to arrive.

For tutors

[b]Name:[/b] {Character Name}
[b]House:[/b] {Pretty Obvious what goes here}
[b]Year:[/b] {3-7}
[b]Herbology Skill Level:[/b] {How good are you? Think you got the chops?}
[b]Why do you want to become a tutor?[/b] {Also a pretty easy question}

setting Herbology Club, Fall 2053 || with future plant people
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing glasses + plaid dress and cardigan
status plants are much more comforting than people.

Tagging Murrue because Willow is co-captain!

murruelecreuset

She may be the mirror of my dream
A smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell
✿❀
~"She" by Josh Groban.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:59 pm
User Image
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Second Year Ravenclaw

"The Inventor of Frisbee Golf Was Turned Into a Frisbee..."

Flora Helen was a bit sad that her friend Aspen was gone, she enjoyed the girl that always had branches in her hair and the nurturing relationship she had with the girl. Of course, Willow was still around... but willow wasn't Aspen.

She walked into the greenhouse and the only one there was the Potato Girl. She couldn't think of her name, but she thought this was the younger sister of the potato boy. She smiled at her and said, "Hi, did you know the creator of the frisbee was turned into a frisbee? With this logic, if we create a garden, will we turn into plants when we die?"

She was glad she didn't have to fill out any forms for this club, she wasn't old enough to be a tutor yet. She went to grab a larger pot and brought it over to the table, surely some of the plants could be repotted into larger things. She wondered to herself, how well would a plant grow in a rubber boot?

"I hope I don't turn into a plant when I become a gardener."

Where & Who:Greenhouse Herbology club with Weslyn
Thinking about: I want more flowers
Wearing:Rose apron, jean shorts, purple top

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:04 pm

seventh year || Hufflepuff Head Girl || halfblood

Sunday afternoon, Weslyn headed to the Greenhouses lugging --or rather, floating-- a bag of soil from another greenhouse and trying not to bit too hard on the leaf in her mouth. She had an idea while helping out at the farm that summer for Herbology Club--making dirt! So much went into what came out of the ground, that there wasn’t nearly enough conversation about what made up good nutritious soil! Well, outside of classes anyways. This could be a fun review and a messy introduction!

setting Greenhouses, September 2054 || with awaiting Herbology club people
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing occasionally glasses + overall shorts with a white flower shirt + leggings.
status Dirt is the potato plant’s home

Tides will turn
Rest assured
‘Cause seasons pass
A new day dawns
And through the clouds the sun will shine
To guide you home into the light
Let us follow where rivers flow
Let’s see how far we can go
When it feels like you’re out on your own
Hear the voice that’s calling you home

✿❀
~"Anew" by Hollow Coves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Third Year Ravenclaw
❀ Chaser ❀ Namaste❀ Herbology Club

"The Inventor of Frisbee Golf Was Turned Into a Frisbee..."

Flora Helen walked into the Herbology club, where the seventh year leader, Weslyn, was. She saw some soil, a nd was a little concerned what they were going to be up to, were they going to get buried alive? She shrugged, maybe then she would grow to be a pretty flower, one never knew. She smiled at Weslyn, "Hi Weslyn. How was summer?" She tried to remember what Weslyn did...she was a farmer in life wasn't she? "Did you learn any new skills over the summer?"

"I hope I don't turn into a plant when I become a gardener."

Where & Who: Herbology Club with Weslyn
Thinking about: Flowers are pretty though
Wearing: white shirt, pink apron, blue shorts

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:33 pm

seventh year || Hufflepuff Head Girl || halfblood

"Hey Flora Helen," Weslyn greeted, looking up from finding pots and tools. "Summer was nice, thank you! Um... I guess I learned a few more recipes? I spent most of it just studying, drawing, and helping out on the farm. Oh! I found out a cool fact that you might like though? So coral reefs produce a kind of natural sunscreen that protects themselves and the fish that live among them. Wizarding alchemists found a way to extract the sunscreen and went crazy with it for a while, but the procedure was shut down and by a mugwump convention since it was super destructive towards the reef. Even though this was over 30 years ago we're still dealing with damage to the reefs!"

Weslyn blinked embarrassedly. She guessed that wasn't exactly the kind of quippy facts Flora Helen always brought around. Plus Wes felt like she had been rambling. It tended to happen when she got talking about the ocean or ocean creatures, but it still felt embarrassing. Hopefully the younger girl didn't think she was lecturing her or anything! That wasn't what club was for! And they weren't even talking about reefs or aquatic plants today!

She unstacked a few pots and set them around, gathering a bucket of compost to hide her embarrassment and subtly adjust the annoying leaf in her mouth before speaking up more carefully. "Ahh...in any case, how was your summer? Did you learn any more cool facts? "

setting Greenhouses, September 2054 || with Flora Helen, awaiting Herbology club people
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing occasionally glasses + overall shorts with a white flower shirt + leggings.
status Coral Reef news

Tides will turn
Rest assured
‘Cause seasons pass
A new day dawns
And through the clouds the sun will shine
To guide you home into the light
Let us follow where rivers flow
Let’s see how far we can go
When it feels like you’re out on your own
Hear the voice that’s calling you home

✿❀
~"Anew" by Hollow Coves.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:27 pm
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
❀ Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀

"When guinea pigs are excited, they 'popcorn,' or do little hops in the air."

Flora Helen was excited for Herbology club, she hoped to get some little flowers started for the kids to take to their dorm rooms, to add some color to their daily lives. She had some seeds, and dirt, she figured it would be a while before they actually grew something, but they could all take on their own projects if they wanted to. Her worst fear, was no one would show up. There were very few students in the club last year, and with a few graduating...she didn't want to spend the entire club time alone.

She put out the tutor forms, just in case someone wanted to lend an extra hand. She could be a tutor, but there were probably some students that would be better at the task. Flora Helen would probably just go back to Miss Elysia with the questions, it would take too much time.

For Tutors:

"They don't need to sleep for a long time either! Just lil naps."

Where & Who: greenhouse with the Plants
Thinking about:Indoor plants reduce stress = live longer
Wearing:button up green plaid shirt with apron, brown pants

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:43 am

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

The day before classes started, Robin had started with the Language club in the morning. Xe had tried to make some new friends at lunch, but ended up spending the time writing a letter back home and then spending it with xer Aunt Verine in the dungeons. By the time xe had finished asking questions about their upcoming potions lessons, it was already late afternoon!

Xe jogged quickly down to the Greenhouses, knowing xe would need some time to find the right one. Hopefully xe wasn’t late! Finally, he found one with an older student in it–Xe didn’t recognize them, but Wren had said Miss Aspen had three younger sisters, one of which was still at Hogwarts. ”Hello! Are you Miss Hill? Is this where the Herbology Club meets?”

setting Greenhouses, Herbology Club 2055 || with Miss Aspen's sister?
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing Persimmon fruit dress + khakis.
status Hopefully this is the right place

No one is laughing it’s not a drill
Just look outside the world is ending
Faster, faster, faster, faster, fast
The echoes of that news ring loud (the echoes, the echoes)
No sound can ever drown it out (the echoes)
It breaks my heart, breaks my heart into
A million pieces

❧❦
~"Million Pieces" by Bastille with the Chamber Orchestra of London.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:32 pm
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Fourth Year Ravenclaw
❀ Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀

Flora Helen jumped when she heard another student come in, she wasn't sure if anyone was going to join. The kid asked if she was Miss Hill, and Flora Helen re-acted extincitvely, "Hills occur on every continent, in a variety of environments." Then..she realized the kid meant Hill. As in Juniper Hill. Or maybe even Willow Hill, who had graduated last year. "Sorry, uh Juniper Hill I think is her name? She's actually not here. And Willow graduated last year, nice girl. I'm Flora Helen Norris, it's nice to meet you." She held out her hand, and realized it was already covered in dirt, she quickly threw it behind her back and smiled, "This is Herbology club though! Bringing you extra joy in plants since 2048 when we were founded by Miss Aspen Hill. Now what's your name young one?"

Where & Who: greenhouse with the Plants
Thinking about:Indoor plants reduce stress = live longer
Wearing:button up green plaid shirt with apron, brown pants

addaellis

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:06 pm

User Image❦❧
ROBIN NOVA WINCHESTER

first year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Language Club || Herbology Club || Quidditch reserve

Robin blinked and nodded in agreement when the club captain responded with a statement about Hills. It took xem a moment to realize that they meant physical hills, like the landform, and as xe thought about it, it made some sense. Xe had been to many different parts of the world, and there were always some form of hills. ”Um. Yes? That makes sense.

”Oh! Sorry about that. Nice to meet you, Miss? Flora Helen Norris.”
Xe smiled a little at the mention of Miss Aspen. ”I know Miss Aspen! She’s my friend!” xe said, delighting in being able to call someone xer friend, not just the friend of a relative or a friend of the family.

”My name is Robin Winchester,” xe introduced, offering to bump elbows since Captain Norris’s hands were already covered in dirt. ”I use xe/xem pronouns, if you don’t mind. I’m looking forward to being in Herbology club. My brother Wren was a former member and sent a few seeds for the club.” Xe patted the pockets of xer khakis before producing a small pouch of assorted flower seeds, only to realize there was no accompanying list explaining what they were. ”I…don’t know what they are though. But this is for you, Captain Norris.”

setting Greenhouses, Herbology Club 2055 || with Herbology Captain Flora Helen Norris
appearance 4’1” spindly || wearing Persimmon fruit dress + khakis.
status Why didn't Wren label these?

Stefan Lee Salvatore

No one is laughing it’s not a drill
Just look outside the world is ending
Faster, faster, faster, faster, fast
The echoes of that news ring loud (the echoes, the echoes)
No sound can ever drown it out (the echoes)
It breaks my heart, breaks my heart into
A million pieces

❧❦
~"Million Pieces" by Bastille with the Chamber Orchestra of London.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Greenhouse 5
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? I dunno
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Herbology Club, I hope
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? Hopefully I got it right

Cass was excited about the Herbology club. Once she'd realized that herbology was just magical gardening, she figured she'd be great at it. She was hoping to find some friends, maybe people to talk to. So far, her roommates didn't seem to much like her, which made Cass a little sad. Her mama always used to say that having one true-blue friend was better than a million green... but she really wished she had anyone to sit and talk with.

Grabbing her swishy cardigan (that was secretly just one of her mom's old overshirts), Cass hurried down toward the greenhouses. Wait. Which one was the club in? Maybe she should have written it down. Luckily, bright eyes spotted a couple people in one of the greenhouses, number 5, that looked like they were doing some gardening things. Tying her hair back in a messy ponytail, Cass hurried over, pushing open the door. Inside there were two other people, both chatting about seeds. "Hello! My name is Cass! This is Herbology club, right? Like... like magic gardening and stuff?" She tried to grin, but her nerves showed through. Maybe these guys weren't actually here for club and they'd tell her to go away.... or maybe they'd be super nice and teach her all the cool things... If they weren't the right people, maybe they'd know where the club was, at least.

{{Wearing :: Scarlet and Orange}}
addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
A ᴛɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ sᴀɴᴅ, ʟᴇғᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
Mʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ
Wʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇᴛ!
Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴍʙʟᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ
Aʟʟ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪs I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ sᴘᴇᴇᴄʜʟᴇss

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

The French Auror

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 pm
User Image Location: Herbology Club
------------- With Whom: Others
Feeling: Content
------------- Thoughts: Herbology here I come

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Ferb Stone
Year: 1
House: hufflepuff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferb walked through the doors of greenhouse 5. He couldn't hide his excitement. He felt the club would help him when it came to caring for magical creatures. He looked around to see where others were. He decided to put on his gloves and walk to a girl he thought he recognized as Cassie as well as other students. "I am at the right place for Herbology club, correct?" He asked not sure how others would respond. He kneeled down as he looked around. He was not sure how to start or what to expect. "I am hoping to be part of this club as it would help with being able to assist magical creatures. Though I have fun De-gnoming if that helps." He laughed a little, he knew others probably weren't listening to him and he was talking to himself, but he loved being in the greenhouses. They were a happy place, second only to the Astronomy tower.

~"IT DOES NOT DO TO DWELL ON DREAMS AND FORGET TO LIVE, REMEMBER THAT." ~Albus Dumbledore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:58 pm
❀ Flora Helen Norris ❀
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
❀ VC & Chaser ❀ Namaste ❀ Herbology ❀Prefect ❀

Flora Helen had loved Herbology club last year, they were a small group, but everyone was so willing to learn and to care of the plants. It had been mostly first years, but now those first years were second years and a whole new wave of first years could come! This year, she wanted to do some bonsai plants, they were Miss Elysia's favorite (and if they weren't then...maybe she would like them soon?)

She wanted to get an idea of what other people wanted to plant too, maybe they could all plant things that made their families happy. Family? No Miss Elysia was not Flora Helen's parent - but she was a mentor and was there when Flora Helen needed help with anything.

Flora Helen sat out the forms for any upper year Tutor people, well that would only be herself and Phee, but she hoped everyone already knew they could come to her for Herbology advice, she'd do her best. She began filling pots with dirt, and waited for anyone to show up.

For Tutors:

Where & Who: Herbology Club with The Plans <3
Thinking about: We're a little family
Wearing:An apron over shorts and a t-shirt

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:04 pm
We are young
We are strong
We're not looking for where we belong
We're not cool
We are free
And we're running with blood on our knees

User Image
User Image

Muggleborn Grчffındor Fırst Yeαr a** Kıcker

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare had been excited to hear that there was a herbology club since she was one of the main caregivers of the plants at her homestead. Her Da had promised to take good care of them in her absence but she was already preparing to either have to save or revive a few of the indoor plants and was just mentally planning the funerals of the outdoor ones. She arrived at what she supposed was the meeting place and saw and older girl with some pots. "Hi! I'm Nare, I'm here for the Herbology club?" she ended with a slight questioning tone just in case she was bothering someone who had no idea what she was talking about.

I could change the world
I can make it better
Kick it up and down
Took a chance on me
When you fake a smile
And you think you're better
Gonna put it down

User Image
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items