Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
What non-Nentendo charecter do you wish could be in Smash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Megaman Versus Sonic
  Megaman
  Sonic
  What? They would never fight!
View Results

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:38 pm
Magus and Crono from Chrono Trigger.

Of course, I'd want Mega Man too. But I'd really like Proto Man and Zero. 3nodding

And what is Snake without Grey Fox/Ninja?? Shiek needs an awesome rival yo'!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:38 pm
Mr. T.  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Vash Incarnate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:55 pm
sonic and shadow, and when they grab the brawl sphere, they can go super for a short time  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:06 am
...allow me to set some rules.

Sakurai, the guy who makes the Super Smash Bros. games, has stated that there are two requirements that a third party character has to meet before they will be allowed in Brawl. 1) They have to originate from a video game, which means that the first time this character appeared had to be in a video game. This means no anime, mange, TV show, or movie characters. 2) They have to be in a least one game that appeared on a Nintendo system. That means no Master Chief, no Sephiroth. Cloud could technically be in, because he made an appearance in KH: COM, but his chances are slim. Sora could be in too, but I also think his chances are slim.

Also, besides Snake, Brawl will only have 1-2 more third party characters, which means there will probably only be one from each company. That said, here are my choices.

Capcom: Viewtiful Joe or Megaman. While Megaman is more iconic, I would prefer to see Joe.
Namco: Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia.
Sega: Sonic
Square-Enix: Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. He will get in before Sora or Cloud or any Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts character because he has appeared in only one game, it was on the SNES, and it was a MARIO game! Square only owns Geno's copyright because they helped make the game. Also, I think Kingdom Hearts is stupid and doesn't deserve a character in Brawl. Geno > Sora.
Ubisoft: Rayman. Ubisoft has shown the Wii a lot of love.
Konami: Snake? SNAKE!? SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!!! Oh wait....he's already in. blaugh  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:55 am
SSBB needs Mega Man so badly, it's not even funny. Maybe you could also unlock X as his clone character?

Besides that, I 100% agree with everything that Tel-Jilad Squirrel said. Although, from Square-Enix, I wouldn't doubt the posibility of an appearence by Crono. Chrono Trigger is, after all, one of the single most popular SNES games in the entire history of gaming, and that's not an exaggeration. However, that is somewhat partial to Square, and I'm sure Enix wouldn't want to be left out, so I'm also nominating the legendary hero of the Dragon Warrior games, Loto (or Erdrick, whichever you prefer). Crono and Loto look a lot alike, and even their sword techniques and lightning-based spells (Crono's "radiance" and Loto's "thordain," in particular) are similar, so I personally find it highly likely that one may be the unlockable clone character of the other.

As for Namco, though, I wouldn't expect an appearance from Lloyd. If we're talking about the Tales games at all, Cless would be a more appropriate candidate. He's just more... classic. And he's been on two different Nintendo consoles, the SNES and now the GBA.

Er, wait, I forgot that Lloyd was also in a GBA game, Nairikiri Dungeon 3... but, um, no one's played that so it doesn't count!!

Has anyone mentioned Bomberman yet? Come on. Is it the pink gloves? Don't be hatin' on the pink gloves. Bomberman would fit perfectly into Super Smash Bros.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:21 am
Err, I would have mentioned Bomberman, but I do not know what company owns him. sweatdrop

While both Crono and Geno have good chances, I think Geno has one clear advantage over Crono. You see, they both appeared in only one game, their games were both insanely popular RPGs for the SNES, and they both have a lot of fans. Geno, however, appeared in a Mario game, and that gives him a huge advantage over Crono.

While I think Crono would make a fine addition, I would vastly prefer Geno, mostly because I am a huge Geno fan. But I will admit, Crono is a good choice.

He certainly is a better choice than those idiots on GameFAQs who want to put a moogle in Brawl. Geno > Crono > Black Mage from Final Fantasy 1 > Everything else Square-Enix related > Moogles  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

Tremere Lich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:55 pm
Experiment Kraj.

Or a normal soldier from the Brotherhood of NOD (Command and Conquer).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:13 pm
Bomberman is from Hudson, which I don't blame you for not knowing, because really, Bomberman is the only franchise they have going for them. Unless you play Bloody Roar.  

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:40 am
I just realized that I didn't mention Isaac or Felix. They're practically 100% Nintendo characters, because I'm pretty sure Camelot only publishes on Nintendo consoles... someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:05 am
Dante from Devil May Cry  

KyoraSan

LemonManX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:30 am
Megaman
Crono
Bomberman could be interesting
One of the Battletoads would kick a** (I wish Rare didn't make them sad )

But as long as its not Sonic then I don't mind smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:22 am
Yesss.... yet another vote for Crono.  

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

LemonManX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:01 am
Crono is possibly the coolest SquareEnix option (either him or Geno)

So I'm more than happy to put my vote next to his name lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:32 pm
Gee how could make it in Brawl? Snake? Nah never I just can't see him in it.

I KNOW!!!! SOIC!!! ORLY? YARLY? NOWAII!!!!! AMIRIGHT!!!!

Seriously Sakuria is a fan of wtf characters. So expect someone nobody would think of.  

Silent_Jester

NekkyoMaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 am
The non Nintendo character I want to see the most is Sonic. He has a fairly good chance of making it to. Cause on wikipedia, it says "Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-party character."

I wanna see Geno in there, too.  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces