Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Ask Ms. Knitty (and pals) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:58 am
I recently received a Boye Needle Master set for my birthday. I got needles sizes 2-15 and cables sizes 12" to 24". my question is the length of a circlular needle is only the cable or the cable with the needle. 16" is just the cable or both cable and needle?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:08 am
AccentualWolf
I recently received a Boye Needle Master set for my birthday. I got needles sizes 2-15 and cables sizes 12" to 24". my question is the length of a circlular needle is only the cable or the cable with the needle. 16" is just the cable or both cable and needle?
Cable and needle.. IIRC.  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:35 am
Ok, I measured all my needles (the ones I want to use) with my smaller cables and the needles are 4 inches each and the all ways make circular needles langer than 16" What do I do now??  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:56 am
AccentualWolf
Ok, I measured all my needles (the ones I want to use) with my smaller cables and the needles are 4 inches each and the all ways make circular needles langer than 16" What do I do now??

I'm not sure I understand the question. Would you mind clarifying? *smile*  

Catcheen
Crew

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:49 am
Bwahaha! Short-rows! Glorious, glorious short-rows!

May I direct you to my knitblog, wherein is (hopefully) solved the Mystery of the Turned Lace Corner.

http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com/2006/07/it-is-done.html  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:46 pm
Zahra Ovaci
Bwahaha! Short-rows! Glorious, glorious short-rows!

May I direct you to my knitblog, wherein is (hopefully) solved the Mystery of the Turned Lace Corner.

http://pandabonzai.blogspot.com/2006/07/it-is-done.html

Now that's something I'm interested in seeing! Are you sure the short rows won't make a pucker like a sock heel? I'm totally crossing my fingers for you and demand to see at least a swatch. *nod*  

Catcheen
Crew

Yugure no Tasogare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:50 am
I have a quick crochet question: with something I'm trying to make, I'm not sure how to join the rows properly due to the combo of slipstitch with chain. think anyone can help me?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:48 pm
Yugure no Tasogare
I have a quick crochet question: with something I'm trying to make, I'm not sure how to join the rows properly due to the combo of slipstitch with chain. think anyone can help me?

Are you joining rows on like a seam? Or are you joining rounds to make a circular object? And whatcha making? What part of it are you working on?  

Catcheen
Crew

Yugure no Tasogare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:16 pm
joining rounds for circular object, working on making the body of an amigurumi  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:38 am
Can you block knitted items that are made with acrylic yarn? If so How do you do it??  

AccentualWolf

Holy Fundip

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:41 pm
okay, I feel incredibly stupid asking this but how do I slip the first stich? Because my edges look funky too, and I pretty much make scarves, so they need to look representable.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:57 pm
Yugure no Tasogare

Sorry, have been without my computer for a while. Okay, joining a round: Well, you start the round with a chain which will count as a single crochet; when you come back around to that chain, you want to make a slip stitch in it to "join" the round. I'm hoping that makes sense.... it's hard to tell rather than show. Let me know if you'd like a more detailed explaination!  

Catcheen
Crew

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:59 pm
AccentualWolf
Can you block knitted items that are made with acrylic yarn? If so How do you do it??

Acrylic doesn't block. Since it's plastic, it kinda will just stay in the shape it knits up to. Any natural fiber (silk, cotton, wool, angora, alpaca, linen) will block with no problems.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:02 pm
john_deere_tractor
okay, I feel incredibly stupid asking this but how do I slip the first stich? Because my edges look funky too, and I pretty much make scarves, so they need to look representable.

All ya gotta do is put your needle into the stitch like you're going to knit, but just slip it onto that needle. For a slightly different look, you can put your needle in as if to purl, but either way, make sure to stay consistant throughout your piece. Hope that helps ya!  

Catcheen
Crew

Yugure no Tasogare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:28 pm
Catcheen
Yugure no Tasogare

Sorry, have been without my computer for a while. Okay, joining a round: Well, you start the round with a chain which will count as a single crochet; when you come back around to that chain, you want to make a slip stitch in it to "join" the round. I'm hoping that makes sense.... it's hard to tell rather than show. Let me know if you'd like a more detailed explaination!

yes, I would please. what is a slipstitch anyways?  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff