Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
The Ouija board.--Question for all on page 3. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:12 pm

The Wallaby
akwila
aa, soudesu ne? just make sure you dont confuse aithiest with agnostic, i made that mistake and it lead to problems xp
aithiest-denys 'gods' existance
agnostic-unsure about religion
3nodding
neeh, sorry to be nit-picky, but agnostic is actually when you believe in the possibility of diety/dieties existing. Sort of like a loophole in the system.

To QueenCrystal- Not to be rude... but why are you in a Pagan guild if you are atheist? And how can you believe in spirits if you are atheist (thus not believing in an afterlife...)? Not trying to bash you or anything, just wondering.
Well, I was invited to the guild because I wanted to learn more about wiccan / paganism. I dont think theres anything wrong with learning about other religions, to actually see if I would be one to convert to it.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:26 pm

The Qouija board is certainaly not something you want to tamper with unless you are trying to be serious. It tends to bring about the spirits of people who departed under bad circumstances, restless beings, even malevolent ones.

Himika (the gummi bear)

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:11 pm

I have used my Ouija board to talk to my aunt before. I usually get her when I talk to people. I have also talked to living people on it, but they have to be asleep for it to work. I haven't used mine in a while because I have no one to use it with me.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:30 am

Siofra Da`Halbria
I have used my Ouija board to talk to my aunt before. I usually get her when I talk to people. I have also talked to living people on it, but they have to be asleep for it to work. I haven't used mine in a while because I have no one to use it with me.
Eh heh, I think that one time we supposedly contacted my grandmother, we got something of a liar. sweatdrop Sorry about that, Cornbread- probably my fault, due to my family history.

Jameta
Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:43 am

It's pretty pathetic, but I've never been brave enough to use a Ouija board, let alone I've been forbidden to use one till I was fully initiated.

Honestly, I don't mind, because there are much safer ways to contact spirits. It's much harder and less direct, but my grandmother talks to spirits through the flickering of candle flames. Then again she's also been practicing witch craft for over fifty years. It's interesting, really.

Anyhow, basically it's immoral, for me, to mess with things I have no expertise in, or there is no expert around to aid me. Ouija boards are one of those things I stay away from.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:21 am

Kabuki Doll
Anyhow, basically it's immoral, for me, to mess with things I have no expertise in, or there is no expert around to aid me.
I try to stick to that philosophy, myself. 3nodding Although I have a sizeable amount a knowledge compared to many, I do not feel fully capable to do much, as of now.

Kinda' like operating heavy machinery- I know basically how it works, but I shouldn't play with it.

...Though the idea is very tantalizing at the moment. whee

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:03 pm

I tend to feel the same. I feel that I know the theory behind using one effectively, I just don't know if I'm strong enough. Then again, I keep on having some random daydreams of my sister and her friends screwing around with one, and me having to banish what they brought up.

For now I guess, I'll just wait and see what happens. I won't go looking for one, but if one pops up, I don't see why not. I may not use it, but damned if I'm not putting up circle and getting ready just in case.

Especially if someone tries to summon the devil through it, like a friend of a friend... sweatdrop You won't get the devil (if he/it exists. I have my doubts) but you'll probably get on big a** mf'ing mean spirit pretending to be the devil...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:32 pm

Ouija boards scare me.

I'll be praying for you that you don't get hurt. good luck.

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

o Stryde o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:51 pm

Don't make the mistake I did. Don't use it alone. Don't use it unprotected.

Shadows are not fun house guests.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:23 am

Dragonwolf Stryde

This reminds me of something my friend told me about reading a spell she found. I think it was an Egyptian one, but ever since she recited it, her family has heard footsteps throughout the house.

xxantuxx

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:47 am

Dragonwolf Stryde

A friend of mine has had shadows follow her around since she was young. She also mentioned that one actually pushed her into a grave.

I tend to have more animosity towards leeches than shadows.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:14 pm

My shadows cause random pain, occasionally restriction in movement, taps on the back, closing around the throat, and - dare I say it? - things that go 'bump' in the night. .. they knock things off of shelves.

So, yeah. They came from my misuse of the board, among other things.

o Stryde o

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:06 pm

The only really bad experience I've had with shadows was in a dream, where the silloute of a the Big Bad wolf (but portrayed in an eccentric design; think stretched out and pointy) ate two children... I think Hanzel and Gretel, possibly representing my brother and I. This disturbed me so badly that I immediately woke up and was shaking from fear. I actually had to go downstairs and watch some news with my dog before I could go back to sleep.

As with ouija boards, I've probably already stated it, but I'll state it again:

My feelings are that, in the case of most boards, they are mass-produced and made for money. This generally attracts negative energy. Its also a magnet for malevolent entities because of its popularity.

And hey- it's carried by Toys R' Us. mrgreen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:50 pm

Honestly, the best board you could ever own is one made yourself. My board is made of wood from my old waterbed that broke. I carved out everything and it works way better than that store bought one made from the same people who make monopoly, lol.

But truly, if you do want to use it I do advise you bless the board first and before calling upon anyone. And really, if you just wanna mess around with no perticular person in mind, I advise not to use it then, because it isn't a toy and who you might call may be someone you didn't expect. Just like if you had nothing better to do, neither do some of the spirits you call down other than to trick or possibly hurt you.

But since samhain is coming around the corner, it would be a good time to commune with the spirits of lost loved ones and the such then, but just be catious and try not to do it alone because you never know what could happen.

Other than that, it really is a good tool for communicating with the other side.

Witken

Leith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:36 pm

QueenCrystal
I have a question for all:

Is it okay do use an Ouija Board in an open field? Where there are lots of spirts wandering.

(for those of you who know)

How do I perform the protection spell/ circle?

Protection circle implies there's something to be scared of. If you feal there's need for extra protection- don't do it. It's not a matter of running from dangrouse spirits or being scared of them. It's that, just as you wouldn't smack a stranger, there is no need to draw attention to yourself withount need.

I suppose I'm also a bit biased about this. Several of my friends have had experience with these boards, personally I won't go anywhere neer them. One;s sister brought a demonic spirit into his room. Another was attacked, and neerly killed someone.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying 1. Know what your doing!! 2. take precautions. 3. Before even considering it, get real good at fighting demonic energy, discorporate spirits, ect.

Oh, and good luck.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces