Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Wii Center
Nintendo Revolution *updated*---Come See the new Controllers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AMTwister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:11 pm
darkphoenix1247
I think that it looks pretty cool. I'm personally hoping for good virtual reality to come out for Nintendo in the future.

*keyword=hoping (coughdreamingcough) sweatdrop

Yeah I'm hoping for a good Virtual Reality too. The first virtual reality was bad..... and when I say bad, I mean bad....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:18 pm
you know what I noticed, Nintendo is all about getting people excited, then switching it up and making people even more surprised. This is what they did before.....

Before they released Game Cube, or even decided about Game Cube I heard about this thing called a Nintendo Dolphin. Anyways Nintendo made a big scene about this "Dolphin". In the end if the facts are strait it became the Cube. I think what happens is they "announce" a new game consel. then somehow the designs get out (though I'm not sure they're trying to hide it....), then they change the design last minute.(the "original" Dolphin designs looked cool though)

Since I havnt been here for long(really just one day... sweatdrop ) I'm not sure if ya'll discussed this yet. i was just sayin though.

Anyways I hope this new consel comes out soon,it looks hot!  

AMTwister

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:27 pm
They do things in a very specific manner, unlike other companies.

They release information and leave a lot of room to speculate. The N64 and GameCube were called Project Dolphin at first wink

Nintendo always sticks with the design they show off at E3. They like to be viewed as trustworthy, and that's why their first generation releases are always the best (ie: least likely to have to be fixed/replaced). I've never seen them change the full design "last minute", but they do have slight alterations to improve upon decided upon designs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:32 pm
E3 is alwaysreliable with Nintendo things!! 3nodding

When I said last minute, I really didn't mean last minute.....never mind, that didnt make any sence.....  

AMTwister

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:31 am
Edymion
They do things in a very specific manner, unlike other companies.

They release information and leave a lot of room to speculate. The N64 and GameCube were called Project Dolphin at first wink

Nintendo always sticks with the design they show off at E3. They like to be viewed as trustworthy, and that's why their first generation releases are always the best (ie: least likely to have to be fixed/replaced). I've never seen them change the full design "last minute", but they do have slight alterations to improve upon decided upon designs.
i thought the N64 was called project reality or something? maybe it was both. either way. they do tend to surprise and impress (if they are promising online smash bros imagine what they are really doing!)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:09 pm
Nintendo Controllers!! What do you guys think about it?  

[N] i n [M] a s t e r

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:51 pm
it is fantastic aqnd horrible. i think it adds a whole new depth to gaming (imagine using 2 and strapping 2 more to your feet!) but i'm betting that stupid Xbox morons will just say "oh, it's too confusing, it's really stupid." without ever actually using it. honestly, if we ever want VR games (insidently, i'm getting a VB finnaly!) then this is the next step. Really the next question is wether or not Nintendo will allow this new technology to grow into the next generation. same for the DS. Will they continue to evolve or will they let the new control schemes be run dry first. i'm talking to much.

Trogdor out  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:56 pm
The more I read about them; the more I like them. Honestly, I think it'll add a whole new depth to gaming. FPS control will be heightened to the extreme, and I just can't wait to see what Nintendo and third-parties will do about the other genres eek Imagine RPGs!  

Edymion
Captain

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:04 pm
imagine having 2 in each hand and maybe strapping them to your feet. and how about sword fighting! and of course, there will be a DS player, like the GB player! so many possibilities, so little time! what will they do with smashies. oh boy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:39 pm
I don't really like the controllers, to me it doesnt' really seem... Video game-ish... As for the system itself, it looks cool...  

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:01 pm
xd

Have you seen the shell-extension that puts the "remote" into a "standard" video game controller? Nintendo speculated it; IGN mock-designed it. You'll have your "standard" controller wink  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:08 am
i would say that the ever groeing lack of imagination in design is due to the standard controller. after 25 years, we need something new. and now anything a pc can do, the Revo can do better. just as long as we aren't checking mail.  

nintendofanboy

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:36 am
Well. We know it'll go online, and I'm saying a hard-drive in the unit is extremely plausible, no matter how much I dislike that. They could easily put a 40Gb HD in it (ala Apple iPod).  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:00 pm
1969 In My Head
I don't really like the controllers, to me it doesnt' really seem... Video game-ish... As for the system itself, it looks cool...

It isn't supposed to seem video game-ish. Nothing new and revolutionary is SUPPOSED to be "standard." It'daring, new and genious. S'about time a new standard was set!

HOLY CRAP IT'S GENIOUS! It really gets you more involved in the games AND ya might actualy get physically tired playing it!

Just imagine LOZ... holding one of the Z buttons on the left hand joystick attachment to ready arsenal (hookshot, bow, even BOMBS) and controling it with the right hand movey thingy... *drool* and just imagine sword play!

I believe with all of my me, that this is seriously going to set a new standard for gaming. It allows total freedom in gaing with actual movement. Not to mentio it's incredibly flexible. INCREDIBLY FLEXBILE for game design.

Ladies and gents, we are amongst the new age for gaming..

YEEEEAAAAAAH!!!!  

Smithium

[N] i n [M] a s t e r

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:29 pm
Edymion
xd

Have you seen the shell-extension that puts the "remote" into a "standard" video game controller? Nintendo speculated it; IGN mock-designed it. You'll have your "standard" controller wink

Whoa!! Really, That's awesome!!

@ KappaKaeru- Nicely said

Wii Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas