Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

loc dog backk

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:59 pm
Name: Jerrit
Favorites Animes: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Spiral, Excel Saga, many many others.
Favorite Music: My absolute favorite band is Carbon Leaf, but I enjoy listening to literally anything, pop to deathmetal. Yes, I'll even listen to country and rap. ^_^'
Favorite amv: K-Type's amv of "Stacy's Mom", set to Jungle was Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu!

My favorite types of amvs are comedies, especially lip-sync comedies. As a result, every one of my amvs has lip-sync in it at a least one point, and all but one are comedies. I don't talk to most of the editors on the Org because most of them are jerks, but I'm a pretty good editor, especially considering that I haven't been creating amvs for very long. My first six amvs were produced with Windows Movie Maker 2, and my most recent video was produced using Adobe Premiere Pro. I will soon be getting my own copy of Premier, and then I'll be able to resume editing!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:07 am
Name: Joel Collins
Sex: Male
Favourite Anime(s): Dragonball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh, Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Ninja Scroll, Samurai X, Inuyasha, Initial D, Bleach
Favourite Music: Rock, R&B
Favourite type of AMV: Ones that tell a story through a character relating to the song... also comedys and actions etc..
A little bit about me: I have been making music videos for nearly 5 years now.. i started when i was about 13. I enjoy making music videos when i can and i love the results i get from my finished products... I am a self taught anime music video creator, never been told anything.. picked up techniques and things on my own. This guild feels like heaven to me xp filled with so many people who enjoy what i enjoy! hope you like my stuff and i look forward to showing off my work here.  

Roy_Campbell

maicuu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:57 am
Name: Maicuu
Favourite Anime(s): Revolutionary Girl Utena, Samurai Champloo, Blue Seed, Gunsmith Cats, & Princess Tutu
Favorite Manga(s): The Wallflower,
Favourite Music: I like pretty much everything except for gangster rap
Favourite type of AMV: parodies, character profiles, comedies, action, anything that tells a story & is put together well.

I don't have the equiptment to make AMVs, but I have created a short animation to a song from a Korean romantic comedy for one of my class projects.

Favorite AMV resource website:www.animemusicvideos.org  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Name: Yin
Favourite Anime(s): Chobits, Utena, Sailor Moon (japanese versions only), anything by Clamp, Angel Sanctuary (sadly only 3 episodes crying )
Favourite Music: mostly '90's soft rock and euro-pop. favorite bands are Savage Garden, the Goo Goo Dolls and Nirvana
Favourite type of AMV: Yaoi, yuri, romance, and drama

some of you may already know my sister Yang. well, there's a reason we are yin and yang. we're sisters but polar opposites. 3nodding i'm the obnoxiously hyper one. not many of my AMV's were good enough to make it up on our profile, but i hope you like the one's that did. whee anyway, hi everybody!

SoedBlackChaos

Fox Demon Areiku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:36 pm
Name: Alex
Favourite Anime(s): Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo, DBZ, Inuyasha, FMA, Gravitation, and many many more
Favourite Music: oldies rock and Anime music
Favourite type of AMV: Comedy and Dance

I am an AMV maker. If you watch alot of Azumanga Daioh AMVs, you may know me for my popular AMVs including "Azumanga Idiot" and a few others. I also make alot of Tenchi Muyo AMVs also.  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:30 am
Name: Valerie
Favourite Anime(s): Weiss Kruez, Vision of Escaflowne, Hellsign, Excel Saga, Kenshin, One Piece, Ranma
(Manga Only: Petshop of Horrors, Fake, Wish)
Favourite Music: Rock, Pop, Alternative, J-pop, J-Rock, Classical
Favourite type of AMV: All, it depends upon what mood I'm in. My favorite type, well made and of decent quality.

I do not make AMV's, I don't think I have a program for it. Not to mentio I'd probably be really bad at it any way. ^^ I have been interested in AMV'S for about 4-5 years now, ever since I went to my first Otakon. I only recently started to intensly collect them and now I have 225 AMV's saved on my computer from at least 35 different animes and video games (it's hard to count the animes in mixed AMV's).  

Kitsumi_Samurai

Mienai Kitsune

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:29 pm
Name: Andy
Studio: Tenshin Productions

I started making AMVs in 2000, in high school (even though I was a visual art major, and not a communications major ^^; wink . Since then, I've done close to 40 AMVs, most of which were for fun, and others were requested by friends. I enjoy making AMVs, it's more like past-time for me, than a hobby. I need better software, though. All I have is Windows Movie Maker.

My thoughts on AMVs are this: Making, and watching pure action AMVs is fine, I have no problem with that. I've made a few, myself. But, personally, I like to have a bit more emotion in mine, not just "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" I believe is that the purpose of AMVs is to tell a story, not just show a battle.

Overall, I say that the one thing my AMVs lack the most is video quality. I mean, it's good, but it could be a whole lot better.

And, finally...

I HATE USING CLIPS WITH SUBTITLES! Because, 98% of the time, the subtitles have nothing to do with the actual purpose of the AMV, and it takes away from the rewatch-ability factor.

But, it's kind of hard to get quality sources when you're in a wheelchair, only your dad drives, and he hates driving.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:30 pm
Name: David
animemusicvideos.org name: Malificus
Favourite Anime: Kino's Journey, Ganklutsuou, FLCL, King of Bandits Jing
Favorite Manga: Love Hina, Saiyuki, King of Bandits Jing, Paradise Kiss,
Favourite Music Genre: None really. I listen to a lot of foreign Rock, Rock, Instrumentals, Orchestral Pieces, Metal, whatever sounds good to me.
Favourite type of AMV: None, I like just about every type.

I make AMVs, My most recent being a Hello Kitty Action video. I make AMVs because people haven't made some things I want to see, so I took matters into my own hands. I currently useWMM2 and Photoshop.  

Furst Rubicante

Ninee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:30 am
Name: Ninee
Favourite Anime(s): Naruto (subbed, of course), lastEXILE, Slayers, Evangelion, does Advent Children count?, ZatchBell (though I've only seen one episode, the one with the blondie having flashbacks about some chick named Koko)
Favourite Music: J-pop, Instrumental, Alternative. For AMVs I use a lot of Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five stuff and old 80's favorites (like Squeeze, etc.) Good music.
Favourite type of AMV: Ones that tell stories. Other than that, comedies are always fun. AMVs that have lipsync are doubleplusgood, as well.

I've only been an AMV creator for 6-7 months now, but I have made twelve-ish AMVs. I've made them to Naruto and Advent Children mostly, however I did make a music video to the song "Yellow Submarine" with video from "K-19: The Widowmaker." (Yes, I know, not an anime.)

I specialize in interpretive lipsync videos. They present more of a challenge, since any old Joe with video editing software can make an AMV, but it looks better and shows talent when you have them do lipsync. Most of my lipsync videos are to Advent Children. 3nodding

My studio's Gaia profile: Copyright Biohazard Studios

Software of Choice: Intervideo WinDVD Creator 2; Microsoft PictureIT! Photo 7.0; Cakewalk Music 2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:47 am
Name: Brittany
Favourite Anime(s): SaiKano
Favourite Music: Just about everything except Country and Rap
Favourite type of AMV: I like a lot of them...mainly...I guess....romance ...I don't know I'll watch them all!

I've been editing for about a year. So I'm still learning some of the tricks of the trade. I originally got into editing because my fiance did and then I made him teach me how! It'e been lots of fun. I haven't really entered any contests yet...I entered one at a small college con...but i don't think that that really counts.. sweatdrop This year, I'll be entering AWA XI (Anime Weekend Atlanta) I figured that since I attend it every year I may as well enter some videos... ^_^

I only have two videos on the web...and they're here at my 'org profile..

profile..

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:30 pm
Name: Phil
Favourite Anime(s): Voltron, Excel Saga and Cookie Monster
Favourite Music: Rammstein
Favourite type of AMV: My own, anything by Rozard, MJ or chaos, but NOT Tardo.

I make crappy videos like Yatta and OMG Du Hast. I have won more awards for editing than I could ever count, and even reigned as King of Spayn for the year of 2005! But now I eat humble pie.
EXTREEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMEE HUMBLE PIE!!!!!

My Profile

Most have already seen Yatta, Tornado Vasecotmy and OMG Du Hast. Some other personal faves are:

Shame, Nabeshin's no Escape, X is Coming, King of Spayn 2005, 7 Lefts Make a Right MEP and Panty Chef (Not for the youth or easily offended)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 am
Name: Newski (the one and only)

Occupation: Filmmaker, Editor (Next Fall I'm opening a Posthouse)

Favorite Anime: Lupin the Third, Slayers, Haibane Renmei

Favorite Music: Classic Rock, Prog Rock, Old Punk (More Specifically, the Clash)

Favorite type of AMV: Ones that don't suck. I love Serious videos, because they are ALOT harder to make.

That being said, one of my biggest peeves is Lip Sync. No, I can do it. I just think that too often people sync lips well but choose really shitty scenes to do it with. WTF?

A few years back, I realized I had Windows Movie Maker, and made a Crappy Video. A couple years later, I met the man who would change my life. Lloyd Kaufman. I told him I gave up on being a filmmaker, and he called me a ******** moron. I love the man to death for that, because right now I'm planning my first Feature, which shoots in September.

I've actually developed a love for editing, which is why I have an Editor's Guild here on Gaia, and plan to get a small business Loan and open a post house when I graduate from college. I think that AMVs are an excellent way to help tone editing skills. So I've stared making them once again.  

Newski

MssZenzy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:15 am
Name: Ilaria
Favourite Anime(s): Full Metal Alchemist, Beyblade, Gundam Wing, Saint Seiya, Saiyuki, Ultimate Muscle, Hayao Miyazaki's movies and Studio Ghibli's movies, pokemon, Last Exile, Slayers, Gravitation, Haru wo daite ita
Favourite Music: new age and other
Favourite type of AMV: funny ones  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:49 am
Name: Just call me Luna...

Favourite Anime(s): Does Live Action Sailor Moon count?

Favourite Music: Just about anything.

Favourite type of AMV: Romance  

Sailor_Meow_Luna

ladyeve84

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:39 pm
hello all and my name is ladyeve/crisstina
im 22 years old bDay:4-4-1984
signs: year of rat,aires,firesign,child of mars i thing, (and god well goddes of war lol couse that was aries right?)
and i love anime or manga or any thing anime realy i love love amvs thats how i started on anime realy is i saw some amvs and found out the names of the animes that were in them and wanned to see them so i downloaded ans ive been watching anime ever sence oh b4 i for git here its my linky to youtube account i have so you can see some of my vids

http://www.youtube.com/user/ladyeve1984

so if you go to check them out let me kow what you think every vid was made by me sept for one and its a hellsing vid done to toybox wizard  
The AMV Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff