Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Is it true about Mew Mew? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mew Mew=Sailor Moon?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Shikamarugirl2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Well I like both Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power. The Mews are like the counter parts of the Sailor Scouts.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:19 pm
its true mew mew power isnt like sailor moon but when I first saw it the first thing I thought is this, "oh my god this reminds me of sailor moon" it only reminded me of sailor moon cause there where girls that can transform and that reminded me of sailor moon and I love both shows ^^ mrgreen  

Phoenix_17

MaddLlama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 am
Today? Maybe. But, really that's because most of the kids watching Mew Mew never saw Sailor Moon.

Saying "it's the new sailor moon" is a little trite though. That's like saying "Samurai Champloo is the new DBZ." Magical girl series are all very similar, but they're not copies of each other.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:42 am
Tokyo Mew Mew isn't as good as Sailor Moon. Especially if we're comparing the anime version of Mew Mew.  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ameute

1,300 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:51 pm
I don't know about this Mew Mew

But my sister says Wedding Peach is a total rip off of Sailor Moon
stare I haven't really seen the show but by what I've heard...
ya it's pretty much same same

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:16 pm
I've seen the dub, and a bit of the original on Youtube. I don't mind it, I can nod and pick out all the standard points of the genre. And it's usually better than anything else that's on the telly at that time.

But I still say that Ichigo/Zoey has the ugliest magical girl outfit. Ever.  

Saber-Writer

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:19 pm
Well They're all Magical Girl Shows- thus the formulas are the same.

However Wedding Peach and Tokyo Mew mew *Blessedly I've never seen the dub. I thought the Sub was odd because of the many comments I've seen. *

Though I can see similarities such as Kishu and Diamond got that evil -I-want-your-bod. Thing going on. *shudders at those that ship Ichigo and Kishu and Diamond and Usagi...just...wrong..*

Masaya and Mamoru both have Ma in the first part of their names.

Both were Orphans

Both have a thing for Earth.

Both are pretty much more or less the 'prince charming'

Both have been evil at one point and time.

They both go around saving Ichigo/Usagi all the time.

But, Masaya was adopted and only doing things to please his adopted parents.

Mamoru never been adopted he has a partonage somewhere and works/goes to school and he's a lot older.

However I don't see how Tokyo Mew mew would be a continuation of Sailor Moon. For one if it was to be so, then there would be Crystal Tokyo and Chibiusa would be the main character and ect.

Not *Ichigo*.

The names would be different- As instead of Sailor Chibimoon she'd be Mew Moon <-- And would most likely be a rabbit and not a cat.

c.c *but..we've covered this...so...*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:45 pm
Serena1700
Mew Mew Power? Oh god. Frist of I like Tokyo Mew Mew. Hate Mew Mew Power. Did a very bad job on it. scream

Second it can never be anything like Sailor Moon! Sailor Moon can't be beat! heart whee

4Kids killed it along with One Piece gonk

Tokyo Mew Mew is way better than Mew Mew Power. But it will never be Sailor Moon!  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:15 pm
Noting will ever be sailor moon and probably nothing can beat something like sailor moon.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:04 pm
Shizukesa_Hana
I think I've heard ENOUGH from some of my not-so-bright friends at school. Apparently they believe that Mew Mew Power is the new Sailor Moon. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!!! Nothing will EVER come up to Sailor Moon's standards, regardless of what anyone else makes evil

I heartily agree with you. Sailor Moon was, is, and always will be unparalleled! Nothing can ever be quite like it.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:45 pm
you've also got to notice that stuff like Tokyo Mew-mew is now becoming widespread among the younger generation. And as others have pointed out there are similarites between the two. Like you can take both of them, W.I.T.C.H., Magical Do-Re-Mi, and Magic Knight Rayearth and find common stuff that links all of them together. Case in point all but Magical Do-Re-Mi and Tokyo Mew-mew involve most to all of the main charaters powers beign derived from the elements. Then Magical Do-Re-Mi and Magic Knight Rayearth all have 3 girls, while W.I.T.C.H. and Tokyo Mew-mew have 5 each and Sailor Moon has over ten. Then you have to compare that all of them have modes of transformation. All but Magic Knight Rayearth give the girls powers in their world whenever they want to transform, while for Magic Knight Rayearth the only transform as they grow in skills and heart. You also need to look at ages all but Sailor Moon and Magical Do-Re-Mi are centered around girls in their teenage to pre-teen years. Considering Sailor Moon has some that are older and some that are younger while Magical Do-Re-Mi only has girls that are in 3rd grade. By comparing all of this you can probably find that Sailor Moon probably helped to inspire all of these others from where they came out after it started showing or (before someone tries to counter with this) the creators already had something like this in mind but had no ideas but then got a few from watching Sailor Moon.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:28 am
mewmew power???
eck!
its my first time to hear such thing
hahahaha

Polexeny

strawberryheaven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:26 am
Haha. There's no way that Mew Mew Power is the new Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon is in a category of its own.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:56 pm
Yeah def. look at the multiple attacks for each charater and the whole age range for the girls.  

the all-weird one

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Wraith Bane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:01 pm
Ugh.
Mew Mew is a weak attempt at trying to revive the attributes that brought so many fans to Sailor Moon.

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff