Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Whats your God and Goddess? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:53 pm

I almost can't tell whether Hellenism was my idea or not. When I first discovered paganism, I was an untrained, silly, witch wannabe, like most teenage pagans start out. But there wans't even question in my mind what pantheon to follow. It didn't occur to me that I could worship any gods but the Hellenes. And then one night, I was doing a silly ritual and fell into the deepest trance I've ever been in. I don't remember what was said, but when I came out of the trance I was a devotee of Gaia, and have been ever since.
I've since learned that She called me, but has apparently been with me throughout all of this life and my past lives as well. As far as the other Gods go, they almost came with the territory. I've always been close to Aphrodite, and, aside from a few mishaps, I've always been close to Hera and Artemis as well. Lately Asklepios and Athena have forged a relationship with me, and I'm very grateful for it. I have it in my mind to start talking to Hestia more as well.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:06 am

I chose Nyx (a not as well known or favored goddess but one that rules over night and darkness and even Zues feared her) my god is Cernnunos, the celtic god of the hunt. Yes the two are from differnet Parthenons(sp) but its the two i am most drawn to for my own practices and rites though i do use Hecate (the GrecoRoman goddess of magick) and used her a lot before my dedication.
However all goddesses are one Goddess and all gods are one God so which ever you choose just gowith what you feel most comfortable with not what is popularly used.

WickedDecember

Dapper Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:12 am

Kansas Kandi
Winter Black
What path do you follow, Kandi?
I'm kind of like Asa-Kemetic, Grecco-Romano, DruidiCeltic. XD The Gods and Goddesses I follow are those from the Norse and Greek/Roman Pantheons... Mostly Greek.

I really haven't looked into them much, but I believe from what I have read, I follow a mostly Druid/Celtic path.

The Druids are a very interesting bunch. If you decide to get properly initiated, which level will you go up to? Bard, Ovate, or full-on Druid?
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:10 pm

WickedDecember
However all goddesses are one Goddess and all gods are one God so which ever you choose just gowith what you feel most comfortable with not what is popularly used.
Please don't say that sort of thing. I find it exceedingly insulting to gods of love to be told they're the same as gods of rape and murder. Especially since I'm a polythiest and believe in distinct divinities. Sure you're quite welcome to be a panthiest if you want - I used to be one too. But I was never so presumptuous to tell people that all gods actually are the same. It's not actually a fact that can be proven, so please don't say it like it is one. wink

I asked my question earlier because a lot of people seem to say they "choose" to work with a specific deity. I had no choice in the matter. I was a half athiest/panthiest until my God grabbed me and said, "Hey you! You're mine! Now get off your a** and do something about it!" I didn't even know which God he was for quite a while after. Knowing he's a solar deity aint really much to go on. I offered some frankincense to Helios on a hunch and, although he accepted the offering, I got the impression he was wondering why on earth I was trying to work with him. So I stopped looking for my God and just worked with him instead. That made a lot more sense. And I know I had no choice in the matter. It's not like it was my decision to work with this god. He owns me and there's very little I can do about it. And I'm bloody well thrilled that I finally found him.

Pelta

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Well, it was like Dionysus had a hold on me most of my childhood... I really loved the thought of him, as well, being my Patron, as I got older.
But now, as our relationship slips away, and he relinqueshes his hold on me (for that is what he is doing, without a doubt), so that I may go to Eros, I feel more love for him than ever...
And sorrow for the slipping connection.
But I will not forget him, nay. He will always be in my prayers, and he will always be in my heart.
But now is the time for happy thoughts, and I am glad of the God Eros becoming my Patron.
For, while he is chaotic, and thought of as a Ker, he is forever in my heart as simply 'magnificent'.
And besides, both my Matron, Eris, and my previous Patron, Dionysus, were also chaotic Dieties, so I'm used to it. (See my journal for a little rant related to the subject of Chaotic Dieties.)

So, while some people belong to a single God and Goddess, or even a single God in general, I have been traded amongst the Gods of the Greek and Norse Pantheons since childhood. First Dionysus and Freya, then simply Dionysus... Then Dionysus and Thor... Then Thor had given me all he had to give, and I was given to Artemis... And when Artemis had relinqueshed control, Eris took me up. And now, after all these years, Dionysus, who's stuck with me through thick and thin, finally has no more to give me, and is giving me up to Eros.

So that now makes my Patron and Matron the Gods Eros and Eris, respectively, and fittingly. My life needs managment in and help with passion, desire, discord, and strife. I need to fully conquer the Chaos that seems to be ruling my life. And these two Dieties are the ones who want to help.

So, come to think of it, I belong to all the Gods of the Grecco-Romano and Norse Pantheons... They just seem to like to pass me around when they have no more to give me.
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Winter Black
Kansas Kandi
Winter Black
What path do you follow, Kandi?
I'm kind of like Asa-Kemetic, Grecco-Romano, DruidiCeltic. XD The Gods and Goddesses I follow are those from the Norse and Greek/Roman Pantheons... Mostly Greek.

I really haven't looked into them much, but I believe from what I have read, I follow a mostly Druid/Celtic path.

The Druids are a very interesting bunch. If you decide to get properly initiated, which level will you go up to? Bard, Ovate, or full-on Druid?

I can't get Initiated, because there are no Covens near by, unless you count the fluff ones.

[GWW Guild Mule]

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:00 pm

*pictures Raven acting like Disco Stew from The Simpsons*

R: Oh yeah, I'm working with you!

Dogfish: *solemn and mysterious* I better keep an eye on this...

Anyways, Saraswati introduced herself through an anthropology project. Quite fitting, really. 3nodding
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:11 pm

missmagpie
WickedDecember
Please don't say that sort of thing. I find it exceedingly insulting to gods of love to be told they're the same as gods of rape and murder. Especially since I'm a polythiest and believe in distinct divinities. Sure you're quite welcome to be a panthiest if you want - I used to be one too. But I was never so presumptuous to tell people that all gods actually are the same. It's not actually a fact that can be proven, so please don't say it like it is one. wink

I'm sorry to have offended you it was not my intention though my beliefs are that the different gods are aspects of the same god. Also i have never come across any god of rape or murder in my studies.

WickedDecember

Dapper Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:17 pm

Kansas Kandi
I can't get Initiated, because there are no Covens near by, unless you count the fluff ones.

But, I mean, when the time comes, and you find one you would like to join... Where would you stop? Bard, Ovate, or full Druid?
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:19 pm

WickedDecember
Also i have never come across any god of rape or murder in my studies.

If you think about it, what happens during War? People sometimes get raped, and a lot of people are murdered, right? So any God of War, by this reasoning, is technically a God of rape and murder, even if thats not mentioned in their legends/myths or descriptions.

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:21 pm

Winter Black
WickedDecember
Also i have never come across any god of rape or murder in my studies.

If you think about it, what happens during War? People sometimes get raped, and a lot of people are murdered, right? So any God of War, by this reasoning, is technically a God of rape and murder, even if thats not mentioned in their legends/myths or descriptions.
Let's also not forget the escapades of Zeus and co., for some of their fancies were not so willing. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:33 pm

Jameta
Let's also not forget the escapades of Zeus and co., for some of their fancies were not so willing. sweatdrop

Thats very true... Even Posiedan has done that, at least once, if I remember the book I have right. Robert Graves was awesome. [smiles]

Winter Black
Crew

[GWW Guild Mule]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:36 pm

I would probably do Full Duid, depends, I still am learning about some of these things. ^_^
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:41 pm

I think if I ever wanted to be a Druid, I would only go as far as Ovate... Or maybe even just stay at Bard.

But I don't want to be a Druid, so I'll just stick with being Candice Dionysus. XD I'm going to legally have my name changed to that, one day. When I can afford it.

Winter Black
Crew

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:48 pm

Winter Black
Kansas Kandi

But, I mean, when the time comes, and you find one you would like to join... Where would you stop? Bard, Ovate, or full Druid?
Well I'd go for the gold and try to be a Druid. If I wanted to. xD I've never had that aspiration I suppose.

I'd love to be a rashini though when I get older and wiser. whee It's the priestly caste for female bhakti, worshippers of Devi/Kali/Durga/ect.

Lately the Devi emanation of Kali has been coming in at me from all sides. At first I was getting paranoid because it seemed like everything I saw/heard/read about was about Doomsday and death and .. gah. Now I keep coming across Kali and I think it's time I faced my fears of death.

Mannnn I don't wannnna. *whines*
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces