Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...
The Sex Talk. *Dun dun daaa* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"The Talk":
  My parents gave me all the info I needed.
  I wish my parents had told me more.
  I learned about it from my friends.
  Aaah! *runs and hides*
  *covers ears* La la la la la...
View Results

[-Rozamanthus-]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:02 pm
My mother bought me the What's Happening to My Body Book for Girls when I was in the second grade. I'm pretty much covered as far as this goes. And yes, it was a little traumatic. x.x  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:28 am
PunctureWounds
So I've been thinking lately, of how to approach this topic with my son. Even though it'll be quite some time before it's an issue at all, it's a topic that i'll eventually be facing head on. I'm completely lost on how to talk about sex with a son, whearas, I've thought alot about ways to go about it with a daugter.
How was the topic of sex treated in your family growing up? My mother was more liberal than her mother was with her, but I really could have used alot more information. Sons, did your mothers talk about sex with you, or was it your father's job?

just hope it doesn't happen like i learned it..
I walked in on my brother being made, and I was like 4  

shallamar

lazy bonz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:14 pm
My parents never talked about it. And I didn't talk about it with friends. And anything I ever heard about sex from kids my age turned out to be wrong.
Thank god for Sex Ed in school (only the basics) and Sue Johanson!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:43 pm
When I was in school we had this horrible class called "Health and Family Living" which we had to take early on in high school.
It was an awful class where the boys and the girls watched all kinds of sex education films that were at least 20 years out of date.
3nodding The book idea is a very good idea. Then the "child" can read it without feeling self conscious. I think I snuck some "naughty" books and read them when I was younger as part of my education.  

Funerella

crimson_day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:49 pm
God of the Black Flames
That's why my school has Sex Ed.
My school has sex ed too  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:23 am
When I was growing up sex was a no no subject as my step mother was a bit fickle and frigid...

BUT to my girls who are almost grown I have been very open and honest..

Talking with a young child always do subject on thier level..

As they age the questions come..

answer honestly.. openly..without too much detail...

I tried reading books to help explain it and that didnt do much good..

BUT I did read one books that helped in other areas..

SOS a time out for parents.

THAT is the BEST book I have read on child rearing. goes into ALOT of areas too..

rofl  

crystalized_1

love_waffle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 am
what if u wait untile he asks why girls look different? then tell him about how there are boys and then girls. my mom was a nurse so she showed me stuff all the time. but i think when a child sees that there is something different about ppl, then tell them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:59 pm
I grew up being afraid of the whole issue.

Whenever a scene came up, my parents asked me to look down or go away. I dont know if its affected me right now, but I do have a healthy sex life.

I learned mostly about sex from friends.  

flamingblue21

Itzakadoodle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Usually the mom gives it to daughter and the father to the son,
I got all the info I needed from my mom and from school[of course].
Just tell your son all the info that you know [Some where when you two have some privacy and time] or do a little research yourself

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:37 pm
I learned mostly from sex ed in middle school....the rest i kinda learned from fanfiction, romance novels and, finally experience.  

darkcrystallynangel

insane and broken

7,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 am
Zigster
God of the Black Flames
That's why my school has Sex Ed.
Sex E.D is the stupidest thing, ever. They talk the sience, but no the experience. ASK YER PARENTS. Unless if your like me-- Cause my friends were 'curious' to say the least.

wow...you must not have taken a proper sex ed class. i took one in 5th and 6th...they told me about stds and s**t i learned all that most kids nowadays are ignorant about...they need more sex ed class in 6th grade seperating the kids boy/girl. but i never ask my mom cuz we dont talk to each other about anything important. i learned from school...and my experience came when i actually had sex.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:13 am
Itzakadoodle

Usually the mom gives it to daughter and the father to the son,
I got all the info I needed from my mom and from school[of course].
Just tell your son all the info that you know [Some where when you two have some privacy and time] or do a little research yourself

your funny...not every family has a mom and a dad, one might have died or just left, think before saying...sigh i cant be here anymore it angers me to hear this stuff...doesnt anyone know anything anymore??  

insane and broken

7,325 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

LoveNotFailMe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 pm
Probably by the time you have 'the talk' he will probably know everything, I mean seriously, minors talk about *cough* sex *cough* all the freaking time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:24 pm
I honestly think I know more than the average Joe.  

lil mic

kyubitachi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 pm
I LEARN ALL IN THE STREETS XD i never ask my mom but i made research by my self  
21: ...And the Cow Jumped Over the Moon...

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games