Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
So Naruto anime isn't coming to America? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Inkheart_x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:35 am
Mizuneko2
Viz Unlicenses Naruto 3.1.05
In a stunning announcement, Viz/ShoPro Entertainment revealed its plans to sell the the North American television, home video, and merchandising rights to Naruto back to it original licensors, TV Tokyo and Shueisha Inc. "We began to feel uncomfortable with the idea of making piles of cash from the show," a Viz representative told ANN. "After several parent advocacy groups showed us the error of our ways, we felt it was the only logical decision." ANN also contacted Cartoon Network, which had planned to broadcast Naruto later this year.

"Thank God, I can use my mailbox again," said an executive VP at the network. "Within minutes of our broadcast announcement, we were flooded with thousands of e-mails claiming to be from enraged mothers." "They were all the same. 'Naruto Uzumaki, he's a mischievous little brat!' 'By choosing to broadcast this show, you are directly responsible for the moral decline of our country's youth.' They said I would rot in hell, and that my family would face eternal damnation if I allowed Naruto to reach American airwaves." When asked how this would impact their licensing plans for 2005, the Viz representative gave another stunning response. "With California's new stem cell initiative and the breakthroughs at Johns Hopkins in placing human stem cells in rats, we asked ourselves: why not hamsters? Imagine, a real-life talking hamster! That would shut up all those folks who keep mocking Hamtaro."
Source: ANN

No Naruto? YES! No one can screw up their voices now!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:38 pm
that better be a joke eek  

Death_Omen19

Angelic King Raziel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:35 pm
Since when has anybody cared what parents though when releasing a show? For god's sake Akira is much more disturbing than Naruto and it's one of the biggest anime releases we've seen (I believe). If the companies sold the rights to shows every time a mother bitched, we would never have beenaddicted to anime in the first place....still determining whether that's a bad thing or not ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:13 am
Shonen Jump Volume 3, Issue 9, Number 33, Page 6
Exclusive shots from the Naruto Anime, due on Cartoon Network's Toonami block this September.

If you have that issue, you can read for yourself!  

Shakira_Ninja_Underground

Uchiha_hime29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:32 am
luckily it is coming to America actually really soon blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:51 am
It's coming to america this fall! YES!!!!  

Burningspirit

Burningspirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:20 pm
It's coming to america on september 10th at 9pm on cartoon network  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:04 am
Mizuneko2
Viz Unlicenses Naruto 3.1.05
In a stunning announcement, Viz/ShoPro Entertainment revealed its plans to sell the the North American television, home video, and merchandising rights to Naruto back to it original licensors, TV Tokyo and Shueisha Inc. "We began to feel uncomfortable with the idea of making piles of cash from the show," a Viz representative told ANN. "After several parent advocacy groups showed us the error of our ways, we felt it was the only logical decision." ANN also contacted Cartoon Network, which had planned to broadcast Naruto later this year.

"Thank God, I can use my mailbox again," said an executive VP at the network. "Within minutes of our broadcast announcement, we were flooded with thousands of e-mails claiming to be from enraged mothers." "They were all the same. 'Naruto Uzumaki, he's a mischievous little brat!' 'By choosing to broadcast this show, you are directly responsible for the moral decline of our country's youth.' They said I would rot in hell, and that my family would face eternal damnation if I allowed Naruto to reach American airwaves." When asked how this would impact their licensing plans for 2005, the Viz representative gave another stunning response. "With California's new stem cell initiative and the breakthroughs at Johns Hopkins in placing human stem cells in rats, we asked ourselves: why not hamsters? Imagine, a real-life talking hamster! That would shut up all those folks who keep mocking Hamtaro."
Source: ANN
they wouldnt... its too popular... if they said theyre gonna do it then they have to  

the_fourth_hokage

Uchiha_Sasuke01

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:19 pm
Naruto should stay in japan. Stupid dubbed american version would just screw up an already great series.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:18 pm
I hate dubbed versions scream  

[Shikamaru]

Glow Stick Mosh Pit

5,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:44 pm
I kinda wish it comes to America.. ((I've watched the subbs and I'm in love with them))

But They already got the licence for it to be put in America so I say why shouldn't it be here?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:46 pm
Yusea
I kinda wish it comes to America.. ((I've watched the subbs and I'm in love with them))

But They already got the licence for it to be put in America so I say why shouldn't it be here?

Actually it is in the America and its gonna premiere on Cartoon Network (though I kinda wish it doesnt T___T) They already ruined the summary of the anime!!! D:  

Anzu9

Orchionecrosis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:10 pm
In a way I hope its true. We tend to screw up anime series when it comes to english. Its probably going to be watered down beyond recognition. There is a good chance that it would be better to watch the english subtitled version than to watck the mutalated version of one of my favorite mangas.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:37 am
it is coming to toonaim on cartoon network on september 10  

aionthesinner1

Japandoll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:09 am
I hope it's only a joke.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers