Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Why Roy is NOT I repeat NOT!!!! better than Marth!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:19 pm
Low tier characters can be played extremely well (Taj, anyone?) but there is a very evident disadvantage to them. Obviously if somebody is way better than their opponent, they will be able to beat them. However, there are indeed characters that are bad.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:04 pm
My god. . .
Just from reading their few posts, I completely hate Redcloud and J-Pipe. If you honostly want to be that much of a noob, go take a lvl 9 Marth and Roy, and have them fight each other on FD. Bet you Marth'll win 3 to 1. So far, Ive yet to see com Roy beat Marth. But I dunno, maybe its just my computers. Whatever. The point is stat and physical ability wise, Marth is better than Roy.
And yes player skill has to do with it, take me for instance. Out of the people Ive played against in my neighborhood and stuff ((And the local Cyber Jocks)), Im able to maim most of the Marths and Roys, and I use Gannondorf and Ness -_-

Oh, what did I have to ask . . .erm
Oh yeah, Who ranked lowest tier?

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:08 am
A group titled 'SBR'. They get together with many smash players and analyse current character strategies and the outcome of major tournaments in order to come up with the tier list.

Mewtwo sucks, and I agree with the tier list.

And yet a good Mewtwo player is always incredible to watch. Watching battle hardened players fall over themselves when they come up against a skilled Mewtwo is always a spectacle.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:26 pm
ScaredCrow the Spiffy
I don't care. I'll still use Roy because I like they way he's set up. And any character can be the best depending on who's using them.
I agree 100%  

Professor Darkness

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:36 am
The only problem with the tier list, is it's only based on tournament placings. So, new people will come, look at the tier list, and say, "Hey, fox is the best, I'm going to play him."

So obviously, since the most people play fox, he is the highest on the tier list.

Although, I do agree that fox is the best character in the game, it's still an issue with how the tier list is set up. I agree with it for the most part, but some changes could be made.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:34 pm
Ronin_686
The only problem with the tier list, is it's only based on tournament placings. So, new people will come, look at the tier list, and say, "Hey, fox is the best, I'm going to play him."

So obviously, since the most people play fox, he is the highest on the tier list.

Although, I do agree that fox is the best character in the game, it's still an issue with how the tier list is set up. I agree with it for the most part, but some changes could be made.

Yeah, I don't think Fox should be top tier. I honestly believe Ice Climbers are best for 1v1 matches, and not just because I use them. The only character they have troubles with is Peach, who isn't that much of a challenge if you know how to use Ice Climbers well enough.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:35 pm
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

Yeah, I don't think Fox should be top tier. I honestly believe Ice Climbers are best for 1v1 matches, and not just because I use them. The only character they have troubles with is Peach, who isn't that much of a challenge if you know how to use Ice Climbers well enough.

Err....Yeah..Fox should definitely be top tier. Lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:25 pm
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

I don't think so. He's great and all, but only in the right hands.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:04 pm
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

How is Fox not the best character in the game?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:12 am
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

I guess I'll just go with the fact that I've never lost to one. Or came close to losing to one, for that matter. I have played good Fox's, of course not the best, but good nonetheless (good as in someone who has mastered all advanced techniques and whatnot).
And I've watched plenty of Fox videos to see what Fox can do, and it is impressing, don't get me wrong, but I've seen better.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Ronin_686

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:24 pm
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

I guess I'll just go with the fact that I've never lost to one. Or came close to losing to one, for that matter. I have played good Fox's, of course not the best, but good nonetheless (good as in someone who has mastered all advanced techniques and whatnot).
And I've watched plenty of Fox videos to see what Fox can do, and it is impressing, don't get me wrong, but I've seen better.

It doesn't sound to me like you know enough about Smash to analyze characters like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:08 pm
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686
Melomaniacal
Ronin_686

It doesn't sound to me like you know enough about Smash to analyze characters like that.

You don't know who you're talking to. Trust me, I'm an advanced player. I know what I'm talking about.

Maybe I just have had better Fox experiences than you. In my opinion, he's good, but not the best.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Sio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:21 pm
Melomaniacal
You don't know who you're talking to. Trust me, I'm an advanced player. I know what I'm talking about.

Shut the ******** up. Seriously, if there's one thing I hate, it's people who think they're god because they can SHFFL and s**t. Anyone can do that. But actually knowing what the ******** they're doing with it is another story.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:22 am
Sio
Melomaniacal

Shut the ******** up. Seriously, if there's one thing I hate, it's people who think they're god because they can SHFFL and s**t. Anyone can do that. But actually knowing what the ******** they're doing with it is another story.

Being an advanced player is more than knowing the advanced techniques, everyone knows that... and I'm no exception. Listen, don't judge me until you've actually seen me. I've been playing SSBM competitively since launch. Don't disrespect a fellow smasher. I don't disrespect you, so calm the ******** down.

For now you just have to trust me when I say I am an advanced player at, or above, Ronin's level. And I don't understand why thinking that Fox isn't the best makes me a noob. Maybe you all need to accept my opinion. I'm not the only one who thinks Fox isn't the best, you should know that. The tier list isn't a great judge of characters, because it all depends on tournament placings. A player like Ice Climbers won't be top, because there aren't enough Ice Climber players. Fox is a popular character for obvious reasons (he's badass, the Starfox games were awesome), so there are more opportunities for him to place higher.

So yes, Fox does place higher than all other characters. But I don't think that makes the character himself better than all the others... just the players who chose him.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Sio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Melomaniacal
Sio
Melomaniacal

Being an advanced player is more than knowing the advanced techniques, everyone knows that... and I'm no exception. Listen, don't judge me until you've actually seen me. I've been playing SSBM competitively since launch. Don't disrespect a fellow smasher. I don't disrespect you, so calm the ******** down.

For now you just have to trust me when I say I am an advanced player at, or above, Ronin's level. And I don't understand why thinking that Fox isn't the best makes me a noob. Maybe you all need to accept my opinion. I'm not the only one who thinks Fox isn't the best, you should know that. The tier list isn't a great judge of characters, because it all depends on tournament placings. A player like Ice Climbers won't be top, because there aren't enough Ice Climber players. Fox is a popular character for obvious reasons (he's badass, the Starfox games were awesome), so there are more opportunities for him to place higher.

So yes, Fox does place higher than all other characters. But I don't think that makes the character himself better than all the others... just the players who chose him.

Maybe we don't need to accept your opinion, considering you're just one biased player who thinks he's the s**t. Really, unless you're pro, I don't give a s**t about your opinion. From what I can tell, the only "good Fox" that you've ever played is your friend, and that's obviously not saying much. Watching videos of pro Fox players and actually playing against them are totally different. Don't act like you know jack s**t just because you beat your friend.

And before you start talking more s**t, the tier list isn't completely based on tournament placings. Why the hell would Ice Climbers even be in high tier if it were true?  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff