8%
 8%  [ 17 ]
cosplayers scare me....
8%
 8%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 191

Bubuzuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:30 am
Hey guys, forgive me for being noob but I want to get into cosplay and don't know where to begin sweatdrop . My friends and I are starting our costumes, and it is hopefully going to turn out well - however we don't know where cosplay events would be held! Are there any in the eastern part of the US (from NJ over here)? Anybody with information or a link that would be useful would be greatly appreciated! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:26 am
any anime convention, and many scifi or roleplay conventions.

http://www.fansview.com

Go to the con schedule on this page to get a list of con, and where and when they're held. Maybe that'll help you out.  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Bubuzuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:27 am
Zrana
any anime convention, and many scifi or roleplay conventions.

http://www.fansview.com

Go to the con schedule on this page to get a list of con, and where and when they're held. Maybe that'll help you out.

Ah, thank you - this does help! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:32 pm
I just got back from the Nan Desu Kon, and we had quite a bit of Naruto cosplayers. I got a few pics of some good cosplayers, once I get 'em developed, I'll throw some links up here.  

Barghest

Sparkly Vampire

9,950 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200

Malia2cute4U

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:56 am
what's cosplay??  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:52 am
Malia2cute4U
what's cosplay??

Cosplaying is dressing up like your favorite anime characters to a convention, party, or other event 3nodding  

Analog Boy
Crew

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:34 pm
Malia2cute4U
what's cosplay??

Cosplay is literally "Costume and Play".

Like Sylfer said, it's dressing like (costume) an anime character (or any character for that matter) and pretending to be (play) that character, usually at an Anime Convention or other similar events.

Some people take Cosplay very seriously--there's even prizes for the best made costume and the best skits at masquerades at cons. (You have to enter the masquerade first though.)

Other people make fun of cosplay (thus we get Sailor Bubba and Man Faye, and the awesome Granny Rikku).

But crappy made, well made, or just on crack, cosplay can be really fun and rewarding if it's something that you enjoy doing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:09 pm
Ooh, I really want to cosplay as Temari for AX2005, but I've never cosplayed before, and I don't know how I'd make a pattern for it. Do you just take other patterns and revise them or something?  

Yomei

Analog Boy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:23 pm
Yomei
Ooh, I really want to cosplay as Temari for AX2005, but I've never cosplayed before, and I don't know how I'd make a pattern for it. Do you just take other patterns and revise them or something?

Temari is teh hawt, I hope you pull it off well biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:33 pm
Yomei

Cosplay is an "anything goes" field. You can take existing clothes and alter them, alter existing similar patterns to your purpose, or make something completely without a pattern--whatever works for you.

I've made costumes using all of those methods.

And whatever materials too. (various kinds of clothe, plastic, wood, tape, glitter, elastic, glue guns, snaps, hook n eye, zippers, velcrow, clay/sculpty, foam....)

One note though: Always paint AFTER glueing props together. (Or don't paint the spots where the peices will be glued together--save that for after glueing.) Why? Because if you paint first, and glue something together, it's more likely to fall apart because the glue is stuck to the thin layer of PAINT not the object itself.

That, and a layer of watered down elmers glue over any clothe covered prop you intend to shape is good for firming up the object and giving the paint a better surface to stick too.  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Demonic WereWolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:07 pm
i have a naruto headband  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:14 pm
geez im so young it feels compared to yall  

Nooblet203

Neekroo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:15 pm
Woo-hoo! Cosplaying rocks! I'm going to Sugoicon as Sakura. biggrin heart

Can't wait to spray my hair pink..... though, since it's already light red, and the same style, I could get away with not doing anything to it......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:41 pm
Neko Kafweenu
Woo-hoo! Cosplaying rocks! I'm going to Sugoicon as Sakura. biggrin heart

Can't wait to spray my hair pink..... though, since it's already light red, and the same style, I could get away with not doing anything to it......

I'd love to go to a con as Sakura some day...
She has such a cute character design!!

Neko Maiyuki

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:51 pm
RESURRECTION!  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items