Submit

IS RED SEXY?
  YES-NO
View Results

Miraya-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:59 am
Pharaohess1 Wrote:
Fireshaper Wrote:
If you must ask why Kenshin's hair is red/orange then we must ask why most manga and anime characters look like white people. As everyone else says, it's mainly to make Kenshin-san stand out, it's just the manga style.

..... why don't any of the characters look Japanese?

In answer to the whole-not looking Japanese thing, I heard something that was pretty interesting in an interview with an anime voice-actor. It turns out that most of the anime that we have now was based upon the animation of this one artist Osama Tesuka (sp?). But, his inspiration wasn't from Japan. He saw Disney and wanted to emulate American animation. So really, all of anime is really just a recycling of American animation with a japanese twist. So, I guess since American animation isn't Japanese, maybe that made anime not so japanese-looking.

--> hey that's really interesting.. thanks for this information...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:47 pm
my guess is because they do have to make the main character stand out, plus if his hair was any other color it would look weird  

Ice Street 7

Aged Vampire

5,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

VampiraBaby

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:30 pm
To make Kenshin look unique and stand out. Besides i love his hair that way, he looks amazing. 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:57 pm
Because long red hair is awesome? Kenshin was based off a girly man, so it does make sense.  

SiePunker

halogazer

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:43 am
Main characters always need to stand out to draw attention to them in some way. Not all characters have red hair and purple eyes that just happen to change colors. smile He's a really unique character, so his physical appearance should mirror that. Besides, he always looks awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:40 pm
Akira_Hoshino
Since Watsuki never mentions it, I assume it's just to make him stand out. That's the advice manga-ka often give, after all. To make their main characters stand out in a see of dark hair and dark eyes, they give them multi-colored hair and eyes. As far as why Watsuki chose red, probably because he liked it. XD

You could also speculate that he picked red to signify how Kenshin's past is bathed in blood, or to represent the passion innate in Kenshin. I have also read a couple fanfics that theorized one of Kenshin's parents was a foreigner. There's a lot you can do with that plotline.

I like to think Kenshin's hair is read because he's special. I mean, his eyes even change color!

Redheads rock!

good thinking!!! whee  

Isis10

angelic ice maiden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:48 am
idea probably just to make him unique, and stand out more. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:03 pm
Akira_Hoshino
Since Watsuki never mentions it, I assume it's just to make him stand out. That's the advice manga-ka often give, after all. To make their main characters stand out in a see of dark hair and dark eyes, they give them multi-colored hair and eyes. As far as why Watsuki chose red, probably because he liked it. XD

You could also speculate that he picked red to signify how Kenshin's past is bathed in blood, or to represent the passion innate in Kenshin. I have also read a couple fanfics that theorized one of Kenshin's parents was a foreigner. There's a lot you can do with that plotline.

I like to think Kenshin's hair is read because he's special. I mean, his eyes even change color!

Redheads rock!
you really thought about that, didn't you?  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

STRAWBERRii MUFFiN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:16 pm
:3 Why not?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:14 am
Akira_Hoshino

Redheads rock!

I would have to agree. And also, there could have been a realy obscure gene somewhere that *gave* him red hair, but again, no one really knows.

And redheads are pretty darn hawt anyway... XD  

Ladieburd

6,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

senpai cruz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:46 am
I really dont know why, but in the movie when they show Kenshin as a teenager his hair looks brown not red.......oro... wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:44 pm
cycloneoldaccount
I've only met one asian, and old chinese lady, with naturally red hair. Very rare. I know I'm random, so sue me. I thought it was interesting.
I'm sure it's possible! 3nodding And that's how I always figured Kenshin had red hair (genetic mutation or strange DNA mixings). Weird things like that happen all the time, but they are rare.  

Sephiralen

Sephiralen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:08 pm
Miraya-chan
Pharaohess1 Wrote:
Fireshaper Wrote:
If you must ask why Kenshin's hair is red/orange then we must ask why most manga and anime characters look like white people. As everyone else says, it's mainly to make Kenshin-san stand out, it's just the manga style.

..... why don't any of the characters look Japanese?

In answer to the whole-not looking Japanese thing, I heard something that was pretty interesting in an interview with an anime voice-actor. It turns out that most of the anime that we have now was based upon the animation of this one artist Osama Tesuka (sp?). But, his inspiration wasn't from Japan. He saw Disney and wanted to emulate American animation. So really, all of anime is really just a recycling of American animation with a japanese twist. So, I guess since American animation isn't Japanese, maybe that made anime not so japanese-looking.

--> hey that's really interesting.. thanks for this information...
I might just be weird, but Manga and Anime always look Japanese to me.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:47 pm
Perhaps he was from another country. Hiko found him as a slave, and his life prior is not mentioned.  

-part time ninja-

huoyun207

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:53 pm
cool XD  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items