Submit

Speed Calypso

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:38 pm
Mystical9Ball
Kyoko Toshi
Mystical9Ball
God Of The Ska
GLKilowog
Is anyone else kind of disappointed in the new album? I was so excited about it and now it's just so... mediocre.

Agreed

Well it's a hell of a lot better than Cheer Up was. Plus Drinkin', Turn The Radio Off, and Your Guts (I hate 'em) are great. Especially Your Guts (I hate 'em) in concert. Aaron's facial expressions are priceless rofl

I liked Cheer Up better - not my favorite, but was better than the new one. I haven't seen any of the new songs live (..Dont really want to, either..) but... I dunno. I agree with the other two. Boy, this was meaningful.

RBF is still awesome though. Thank you. *Stuff*

I think they kinda just rushed Cheer Up and slapped it all together... I mean there are some good songs on it, but I much rather prefer Why Do They Rock So Hard overall

Okay. Agreed to that last part. xD Well... no... I can't decide... I like Turn the Radio Off lots... *Smacked*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:36 am
Kyoko Toshi
Mystical9Ball
Kyoko Toshi
Mystical9Ball
God Of The Ska
GLKilowog
Is anyone else kind of disappointed in the new album? I was so excited about it and now it's just so... mediocre.

Agreed

Well it's a hell of a lot better than Cheer Up was. Plus Drinkin', Turn The Radio Off, and Your Guts (I hate 'em) are great. Especially Your Guts (I hate 'em) in concert. Aaron's facial expressions are priceless rofl

I liked Cheer Up better - not my favorite, but was better than the new one. I haven't seen any of the new songs live (..Dont really want to, either..) but... I dunno. I agree with the other two. Boy, this was meaningful.

RBF is still awesome though. Thank you. *Stuff*

I think they kinda just rushed Cheer Up and slapped it all together... I mean there are some good songs on it, but I much rather prefer Why Do They Rock So Hard overall

Okay. Agreed to that last part. xD Well... no... I can't decide... I like Turn the Radio Off lots... *Smacked*

I kinda like Why Do They Rock So Hard more cuz its more... I dunno... I just have this better feeling than with the others, but Turn The Radio Off is pretty kicks a**  

The Murmur

Elbryan233

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:54 pm
I think RBF was almost everyone's first ska band. They rock pretty hard, but their new album is just...blah. But I still love all the old stuff. I'm taking my little sister to her first real concert in August and it's going to be the RBF show in Milwaukee. We gotta start 'em off young, ya know.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:30 pm
im seeeing RBF on july 13th ^_^  

shinigami2590

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:53 pm
My bro and I saw RBF last week, June 29th, Irving Plaza, NYC. And they were amazing. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:34 pm
I desperately want to go to a RBF concert.

For some reason, I really got sick of Turn the Radio Off after a few months. I think it's because it was associated with memories of people that really pissed me off. Yeah. It was my first RBF CD, but definitely not my favorite, although I can stand listening to it now.

I remember what really got my whole group of friends into RBF was "She Has a Girlfriend Now". We were just a bunch of giggling sheltered 7th graders.  

Noriko_Mimura

PEZpirate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:34 pm
I'm gonna see RBF on the 21st
if anyone lives in AZ and is also going let me know...
i don't want to go by myself

i've seen them a lot, and their shows are usually a hit or miss
-i didn't buy their newest album
but i seen them a few months ago, and they played a few of their new songs...
they didn't sound half bad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:46 pm
Ivan_The_Punk
My bro and I saw RBF last week, June 29th, Irving Plaza, NYC. And they were amazing. xp
dan said there were a bunch of preps making fun of skanking at that show though  

AnonymousJoe

The Murmur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:01 am
Anyone going to the RBF show on the 23rd at the Anaheim House Of Blues? I am! Anyone wanna join me? blaugh xd rofl pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:07 pm
Mystical9Ball
Anyone going to the RBF show on the 23rd at the Anaheim House Of Blues? I am! Anyone wanna join me? blaugh xd rofl pirate

i might be there!
...errr at least one of their cali HOB shows
i'll have to double check the date
biggrin  

PEZpirate

PEZpirate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:52 am
I just got back from the RBF show in AZ,
it was ok...
i was surprised to see that American HiFi (blah)
had been replaced with Catch22 (yay!)
RBF didn't play an encore confused
and they REALLY messed up Where Have You Been
Aaron screwed up on the lyrics, and they had to start the song over again.
It was also Aaron's wedding anniversary....
what a crappy way to spend your anniversary
Aaron didn't even mention it during their set...
one of the guys from an opening act brought it to our attention.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:15 pm
AnonymousJoe
Ivan_The_Punk
dan said there were a bunch of preps making fun of skanking at that show though

And? What the ******** are they gonna do?  

Fourcolour

The Murmur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:12 am
PEZpirate
I just got back from the RBF show in AZ,
it was ok...
i was surprised to see that American HiFi (blah)
had been replaced with Catch22 (yay!)
RBF didn't play an encore confused
and they REALLY messed up Where Have You Been
Aaron screwed up on the lyrics, and they had to start the song over again.
It was also Aaron's wedding anniversary....
what a crappy way to spend your anniversary
Aaron didn't even mention it during their set...
one of the guys from an opening act brought it to our attention.

That sucks... The RBF show at the HoB in Anaheim on the 23rd was so awesome!!! They made Where Have You Been like 15 minutes long. It was ******** funny. Aaron and Dan were showing off and kept trying to out-beat the other in their solos. Then Matt did one, then Scott, then Aaron again. They even had a girl from the croud come up to the stage to sing She Has A Girlfriend Now. She did a really really good job at it too. The whole show was an overall 4 thumbs up! We didn't step foot in the pit though. We stayed in the back and skanked the WHOLE set. We had a blast. Best RBF concert I've been to yet 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:30 pm
yah i love reel big fish they ar emy second ska band i ever heard and i love there stuff i fell in love with there sayonara senorita i love solo peices in ska music  

ihaveshoes

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:41 pm
Elbryan233
I think RBF was almost everyone's first ska band. They rock pretty hard, but their new album is just...blah. But I still love all the old stuff. I'm taking my little sister to her first real concert in August and it's going to be the RBF show in Milwaukee. We gotta start 'em off young, ya know.

I'm proud to say that RBF took my ska virginity and my concert virginity. Their show at the downtown was awesome. I didn't like the new CD that much originally but it actually started to grow on me after a while.  
Stuff About Bands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff