Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Patricia Briggs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asteras

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:18 am
I absolutely love the Mercedes Thompson series, my whole family and I wait anxiously for each new book.

Beyond the well thought out characters and engaging story, I really enjoy being able to actually picture the places she describes (the main setting is my hometown).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 pm
Asteras
Beyond the well thought out characters and engaging story, I really enjoy being able to actually picture the places she describes (the main setting is my hometown).

Wow! That has make the book much more interesting. xd

Anyone read Bone Crossed yet?  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:35 pm
I was going to get it on Sunday night, but the bookstore closed before I thought it would. D: I really want to read it, though. It's in hardcover, huh? Boo~ I don't need other things weighing my backpack down. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:11 pm
I read Bone Crossed finally. Sat in the bookstore all day to read it. It was great (as usual)!

I really, really liked & appreciated the little bit she put in there about pit bulls. Made me happy to see as I am of the school that there are no bad dogs born, only ones made that way by bad, stupid owners.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 am
I read Bone Crossed on Sunday night in like three hours. It was so good. I'm really glad I bought it. n.n  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:29 am
I liked that she brought Stefan back into the story. What can I say? I like the vampire who rides around in a van painted like the Mystery Machine. xd If it wasn't in hardcover, I would have bought my own copy, but I like all my books in a series to be the same kind of editions if I can help it. Thank goodness for the public libraries though!  

Lunar Kissed

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 pm
I got ahold of Hunting Ground. Its good, not as great as the Mercy series but a great read nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm
Maze353
I got ahold of Hunting Ground. Its good, not as great as the Mercy series but a great read nonetheless.

Definitely not as good. I still like Anna and Charles, but the plot just isn't quite as good. I mean, King Arthur in the plot? Really? Just... I dunno. It was weird. I feel like Anna wasn't in it enough, too. Mos tof the scenes I remember were centered around Charles. Which sorta makes sense since he's got a more domineering--or dominant--personality, but I think she could still focus on Anna more.  

NightIntent
Captain

ValHallaGirl

Kitten

12,450 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 am
i love her books ive read 3 so far with the Mercy Thompson in it  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 am
I just finished the rerelease of Masques. I really liked it. I love her Sianim books. They're what got me into her work in the first place. I can't wait for the sequel Wolfsbane.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:46 pm
Ohhh, yes, forgot to post about this. XD I loved it! I like her Sianim books a lot, too. Can't wait to see what other trouble the two can get into. At least we only have to wait a month instead of a year!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:15 am
Wolfsbane was great! Aralorn and Wolf have to be my favourite of her characters.

It was also neat to read Masques then Wolfsbane and see just how much her storytelling has evolved between the two.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:45 pm
Finally got ahold of Silver Borne. It was good, not my favourite, but good.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 pm
...I can't even remember if I read that. gonk I think I did. Does the guy from the bookstore go missing in it?  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:54 pm
Yep. There's tension in the pack because Mercy is a coyote. The fae kidnap Mercy, Samuel, some faerie, & 2 of the kids who help her because she has some mystical book. Mercy ends up a hostage again, Adam goes crazy again, etc. Briggs is good but the story-line is getting a tad redundant & predictable sweatdrop .  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff