Submit

Which name do you like best?
  Kenshin
  Shinta
View Results

Soul Delacroix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:05 pm
SilentNinjaFox
Shinta doesn't really seem like the right name for him. Kenshin fits him much better. :d

Yes it does  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:50 am
well now Kenshin has ring to it that Shinta can never get xp ninja  

Red_Soldier1

Ice Street 7

Aged Vampire

5,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:29 pm
Kenshin sounds so much better. I would never go with the name Shinta, and it definitely does in the anime, I'm not sure about the books though.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:15 pm
everyone's already said it but yea shinta is his real name and hiko is the one who gives him the name kenshin*he says its cuz shinta is to soft for a swordsman*  

santannamoss

Dokkbehm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:14 am
Kenshin reveals his name in the manga to be shinta during the whole enishi thing. surprised  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:52 pm
I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.

Actually, no he didn't. He only told them about his time as a hitokiri.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

amberturtle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:39 pm
Kenshin only reveals his name to be Shinta in the Reflection OVA, but I think the manga tells about it when it shows how he and Hiko met, that's also in the Trust&Betrayal OVA.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:54 am
Lol, I'm too lazy to read all four pages, but I get the gist, you already know the origin of his names xd The Kanji for his name does in fact mean mean sword heart, or heart of the sword, or whatever. There is another meaning for the word 'kenshin' itself, but the way the kanji for his name comes together, it means Heart of the Sword. Not sure what Shinta means, it could just be a name with no particular meaning, since his parents were peasants after all. I'll look into it...  

KinKin-chan

amberturtle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:50 pm
KinKin-chan
Lol, I'm too lazy to read all four pages, but I get the gist, you already know the origin of his names xd The Kanji for his name does in fact mean mean sword heart, or heart of the sword, or whatever. There is another meaning for the word 'kenshin' itself, but the way the kanji for his name comes together, it means Heart of the Sword. Not sure what Shinta means, it could just be a name with no particular meaning, since his parents were peasants after all. I'll look into it...

I think it means something along the lines of just plain 'heart'. Which is why Hiko didn't think it was suitable for a swordsman.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:52 pm
Shinta is his real name but I like the name Kenshin better. It just suits him better. ninja  

kyrieanimelover2007

devildante21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:33 pm
shinta is an ok name, but kenshin is the name of a legend  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:10 pm
Ankha
I remember one of the OVAs said that Kenshins real name is Shinta.

Is that true? And does Kenshin ever reveal his "real" name to the others (Kaoru and the gang) in the manga version? In that case, what vol. is that in?

And, by the way, what do you think of the name Shinta?

*nods* yes it is, Kenshin was given to him by Hiko when he met him after the killing the bandits. Hiko named him Kenshin because Shinta was too soft of a name for a swordsman. I don't remember what vol. he told the others though. I don't even think he did now that I think of it. It's been awhile since I've read the last part of the manga. sweatdrop However In the last OVA *cringes* Kenshin told Kaoru so that when he came back to her, she would call him by his birth name.  

HikyuuTera

Mysterious Gatekeeper

angelic ice maiden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:06 pm
his real name is shinta. In the mana version he tells everyone before his last fight with shishio makoto.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:38 am
Yeah it's Shinta...  

Sweet Wiishes

senpai cruz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:48 am
I like shinta I dont know why seijuro thought it was too weak for a swordman. But kenshin was a cool one. pirate  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff