Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Whats ur favorite brand of yarn or type? (Knit & Crochet) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats ur faved type of yarn for prodjects?
  worsted weight
  wool (or wool blends)
  alpaca (not sure I spelt that right)
  acrylic
  anything wierd and funky (hip notch)
  cashmiere
  rabbit fur yarn (forgot the name for rabbit yarn)
  micron fiber
View Results

x_dreamweaver_x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:43 pm
I love all yarn 4laugh hehe. If I NEEDED to pick out a yarn I would choose baby alpaca. It's sooooooo soooooooooft. I love it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:18 pm
Out of the cheap yarns I like Lion Brand's Homespun and anything wool (well, almost). I also like Moda Dea stuff...

However, I am going to dab into getting some more of the "expensive" stuff...and the handspun. I really think much of it is pretty.  

StarBreeze8

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:07 am
NightRainSpirit
Im faved Brand name is:
Lion Brand
They have a huge selection of many different types of fibers in stock, and they're yarn is almost everywhere. I never have to worry about finding myself a skien of anything from Lion Brand, just in case I didn't buy enough for a prodject.
i agree but red heart is nice too  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:17 pm
I don't really have much experiance with anything.

Partially because I'm still in highschool, my mom won't let me get a job, and she's not willing to shell out ninety bucks for yarn. I've got... 3 sizes of needles [[7, 10 1/2, and 17]] and one size of circular needles [[10]] so I'm kind of limited to the chunky to regular yarns.

I haven't done much past scarfs and slippers, so I haven't found the need for anything fancy.

I did however find a yarn I absolutely LOVE to use doubled on my 17s for scarfs. It's called Jewel Box and it comes in all these colors with little strands of complimenting colors...

I'm smiling just thinking about it.

By the way, what're these Stitch and b***h books everyone keeps mentioning?

Maer^ier

Phishy

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:06 pm
Maer^ier
By the way, what're these Stitch and b***h books everyone keeps mentioning?

They are some wonderful knitting insturction and pattern books writen by Debbie Stoller. The first is Stich 'n b***h, and the secqule is Stich 'n b***h Nation. She also wrote one on crochet called The Happy Hooker.

As for my favorite brand of yarn it would have to be Knit Picks. I think you can only get it through their webstie or catalouge, but they have this wonderful 100% Peruvian wool yarn for only $2 or so a ball that comes in a buch of different colors. They also have one that's a wool silk blend that I am in love with.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:25 am
Phishy
As for my favorite brand of yarn it would have to be Knit Picks. I think you can only get it through their webstie or catalouge, but they have this wonderful 100% Peruvian wool yarn for only $2 or so a ball that comes in a buch of different colors. They also have one that's a wool silk blend that I am in love with.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.i just bought my first order from them a few weeks ago. i'm definitely keeping it in mind for future purchases! biggrin heart  

firrantello

Padmasana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:05 pm
Cotton & hemp!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Hemp? Neat! I've never worked with hemp, is it difficult?  

Brunette_Star

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:08 am
Hemp's an interesting material- it can either be as scratchy as old sea ropes, or softer than the nicest cotton you've ever handled.

My favorite yarns are the Lamb's Pride, espcially their washable wool. It's just awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:49 am
I haven't had much experiance with yarns...small town Iowa sucks...I mainly have Lily Sugar and Cream yarns in my stash, because that's the only yarn i could really find for a good price when i had money to buy yarn.  

SaelensFrozenFlame

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:00 pm
There's good and bad about novelties being discontinued... the good is that I was able to buy a ton of them at the dollar store where the excess was dumped. The bad is that they don't make it anymore and I really fell in love with Patons Ping-Pong. But as much as I loved that, I hated Voodoo. If I'd paid full price for it, I would've cried.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:44 am
I just finished a shawl with white Ping Pong that I bought at Dollar Tree. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but for 6 dollars it doesn't really matter. They had Voodoo too, but the only color they had was brown and I couldn't think of anything to do with it anyway. It was very odd looking but I thought that it would have been cool in the right color.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:00 am
I just got my first skane of baby alpaca. I was petting it like a cat while I stood in line to check out; I love it soooo much!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 pm
I am a fan of worsted weight...but I think that is because I have not even known how to knit or crochet for a whole year. But I know that my favorite brand is Lion Brand....I love their website too!  

JadieKitty

fashionista468

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:15 pm
i really like noro yarns. Silk garden is my favorite, because i love multiclolored yarns.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff