Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are your Parents and friends okay with you being Gothic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they?
  No
  yes
  one not the other
View Results

Lesage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:23 pm
My mom thinks it is a phase, as she believes my bisexuality is too. My father thinks everything is O.K, and my aunt hates it. and her two sons thinks I'm a satanist scream ... I usually dress up extreme when I am around my aunt, just so I can get her to react. twisted My friends does not care, they like me anyway, that's why they are my friends. smile My sister's schoolfriends goes bananas when they see me, ("I saw your sister today!" "Me too!" "Can we meet her?" )... Little people that can't talk looks at me, and looks at me, and looks at me (freaky xp ), and some people from our neighboor city (religious people) gets frightened when they see me. rolleyes They even don't dare speak to me...

I fint it all funny. I am me, and nothing is gonna change that. whee  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:24 pm
My dad encourages me to continue my gothic style, he's in a rock band, and likes the same things I like. My 3 older step brothers thinks it's ok, but I became goth after my second oldest step brother...he was my role model when I was a little kid. My mom thought it was ok when I strated wearing all black, but after she got devorced from my dad, she now thinks I'm just a freak, and she's sort of afraid to be around me. I can't see why she doesn't like the way I dress, when my second oldest step brother was loved more by dressing the same. Some of my friedns accept me, but I've lost a lot of friends over the years because they think I'm evil. My mom's new boyfriend is scared by me as well, and his adopted 9 year old son thinks I'm a total freak. My cousins like the way {but that's only becuase most of them now are 3 or 4}.  

Quetzakotale

DustyOHara

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:12 pm
My mom and dad split a few years ago, my mom and step-dad don't like that this is how i express myself. They want a strait a syudent who wears pink and is a cheer leader. My mom doesn't like me friends and she often snoops in my email and cell phone. They ask me every little detail if im going out...most of the time i lie.

My dad is so happy im on the foot ball team and he is happy im happy. My step mom loves that i express myself. She thinks that kids should express themself freely. They only ask me where im going and who im going with when i go out and i tell them the truth.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:00 pm
My parents really don't care. So long as I'm not dressing in uber-skimpy clothing, they don't care about how I dress... they actually support it. My mom takes me out for most of my clothing shopping, and she's willing to buy me pretty much anything I like, so long as it isn't redicously expensive (lol, I can't spell!). But, overall, my parents are proud of me for who I am... an artist, a literacy geek, an activist, in intellectual, and most importantly an individual with a good head on her shoulders, decent sense of justice, and a strong sense of self... sure my mom gets a tad peeved at my bitchyness, but I'm starting to outgrow that. My parents know that how I dress dosn't impact who I am as a person. 3nodding

Not to say I'm any sort of poster child... but they don't know about some of the stuff I pull behind thier backs, though it's nothing all too bad (I tend to steer clear of drugs, alochol, and violence... but there are other things I pull off...).

With my grandparents, my mom's mother has deemed me 'the daughter of darkness', and thinks that days when I wear color call for celebration (I actually wear color around 2-3 days a week... she just tends to focus more on the other 4-5 days...
As for my dad's mother, I quite frankly don't give a sh** what she thinks. Ever since she started treating my brother differently because he's got a boyfriend, I've just acted with general politeness, yet a strong sense of distance and coldness, twoards her.

For my friends, they don't care. It's just clothing, nothing more. At my school, there really aren't any cliques, so you're generally not judged by how you dress. I hang out with people who dress in all different styles, and at my school it seems as if everyone is able to appreciate an individuals sense of style. I'll complimet people if I think somting that they're wearing is cool, and I get many a compliment in return... from all types of people, wether they're gothicy-looking, or hip-hoppy-looking.

I do think my attire may have had somewhat of an impact on who I've had ask me out... and it's also made some of my art student friends (I take art courses at a local museum sometimes) gravitate twoards me, since upon seeing my attire, they thought I looked cool, and may prove to be an interesting lass.

Overall, most people around me are very supportive and accepting. 3nodding  

DreamerSpirit

Elle Razor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:57 pm
My grandmother tells me that I dress too dark, and my brother always bugs me about it. Other than that, people seem pretty okay with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:16 am
Friends : Most of them , some just nag me about it but not seriousley teasing.

Mother : fine with it.

Father : No

Grandparrents : I dont want to give them a heartattack and usually i pass the eyeliner and stuff when i visit them.  

Akaratichi

Shattenhund

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:17 am
Most of my friends are fine with it because they are all into open-minded activities, but I'm afraid to dress in anything that might be considered gothic around my father. The last time I did he literally tried to put me in the psyc- ward. he thinks its sick minded and socially inacceptible evil  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:04 pm
most of my friends are, and the ones that arent, basically forgot about me, or just learned to accept it, and it pisses off my parents  

undiscovered_darkness

MoonFairy7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:17 pm
My family thinks that I'm going thru a phase, they've been thinking that for about three years or so. They won't buy me any gothic clothes but since i work, I'd prefer to buy my own anyway. They have no clue about me so , I just keep it that way. My brother doesn't care either, but he's in New York. Most of my friends are either Gothic or Punk, and the others are a mixture. To be honest most of my friends like my personality so much they don't care what I wear and vis-versa. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:44 pm
My parents don't care. My friends don't care either. They all love me for who I am.  

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

Bloodgasm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:46 pm
My mom don't care, but sometimes she gets irritated.

My dad and grandma(primary caretakers) Hate it. I cant wear what I want, or have long hair...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:17 pm
My parents dont really care, neither do my friends xd  

Broken and Damned

Bakurish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:48 pm
Okay stupid story time.

I've recently found out about tripp pants (like, a year and a half ago recently, because I went to this preppy middle school with no goths) so whenever I have enough money, I'll go and buy some. But whenever i had just found out about them, my parents weren't too happy about it.

I dragged my parents to the mall one day somewhere in february so they could buy me my first pair of tripp pants. They had no idea what they looked like, so they were kinda happy that I have FINALLY gotten interested in clothes like all of my other friends. So i was dragging them across the mall to Hot Topic. Thirty feet from the store intrance, my father says, "Isn't that a freaky looking store? Glad we're not going there...." Ijust kinda smiled while thinking, "Holy s**t, he doesn't like the store... he not gonna buy my tripp pants...!"(This is how quickly i jump to conclusions)

Well, as push comes to shove, he didn't buy my tripp pants. He made a scene in front of the store and refused to go in, saying his daughter is not going to turn out to be a dead, beat blah blah blah(keep in mind I was only like 12 or 13 at the time). My mom was the one who bought me my tripp pants, much to my fathers dismay.

The funny thing is, I accidentally washed them in hot water and the ended up shrinking. I was pissed as hell...!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:51 pm
my friends and parents love that i'm goth. they say it looks hot on me.  

heartbrokenangel21

Fux this account

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:17 pm
....parents no....friends yes  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items