The Garb Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you sew your own garb?
  Yes! And I love it!
  No! Needles make me bleed!
  Of course! I hand sew it, with period materials.
  I'd go naked if they'd still let me fight!
View Results

Nerienda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:36 am
daja409
i just made my first set of garb 2 or 3 years ago

I remember that! And it came out well.

Due to being involved in a recent SCAdian wedding, I now have a new set of garb for this season! It's early-period (11th-12th c), but it's really comfortable. Once the pictures are processed, I'll toss one up for viewing...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:15 am
Nerienda
daja409
i just made my first set of garb 2 or 3 years ago

I remember that! And it came out well.

Due to being involved in a recent SCAdian wedding, I now have a new set of garb for this season! It's early-period (11th-12th c), but it's really comfortable. Once the pictures are processed, I'll toss one up for viewing...

can't wait to see it  

Zanzibar409

Runta

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:45 pm
Oh god... is the camping season sneaking up on me again?! Don't worry Bella we'll get you over here and maybe DO something with that wonderful purple fabric talking up my closet space.

My latest, as either of the above could tell you, is finally getting the over gown for my flemish peasent dress finished.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:01 am
that would be good. mrgreen  

Zanzibar409

Nerienda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:46 pm
Runta
Oh god... is the camping season sneaking up on me again?! Don't worry Bella we'll get you over here and maybe DO something with that wonderful purple fabric talking up my closet space.

My latest, as either of the above could tell you, is finally getting the over gown for my flemish peasent dress finished.

Let's see; I have in my pile of to-be-finished stuff:

A linen undertunic for the wedding garb mentioned above;
A late-period German loose gown
A pair of Venetien breeches
A corded corset

And that's just what's cut out and ready to go; if I thin count the lengths of fabric waiting to be cut, the list gets *much* longer... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:44 pm
Nerienda
Runta

A corded corset

And that's just what's cut out and ready to go; if I thin count the lengths of fabric waiting to be cut, the list gets *much* longer... sweatdrop

and you have all of that done?  

Zanzibar409

LoneDuke

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:05 am
I like the hand sewn look but my hand is too rough. Besides buying from others who do like to sew keeps them in gilders.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:08 am
All those great pictures. How I wish I could do that kind of work.  

Diodamia

Nerienda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 pm
daja409
Nerienda
Runta

A corded corset

*howls with laughter* Nope, not even close. razz

The work of building garb is easier than you might think. What it does require is a certain amount of patience, 'cause there'll be seams to rip apart and re-sew, and fittings to be done, etc. But, oh, it's so worth it in the end...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:33 pm
you need to change this poll to fit men.  

walkertwo

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:01 pm
walkertwo

how does it not fit men? I know a lot of men who sew their own garb. Besides, it has that great "I'd go naked if they'd still let me fight," option! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:35 am
Nerienda
daja409
Nerienda
Runta

A corded corset

*howls with laughter* Nope, not even close. razz

The work of building garb is easier than you might think. What it does require is a certain amount of patience, 'cause there'll be seams to rip apart and re-sew, and fittings to be done, etc. But, oh, it's so worth it in the end...

yep it is  

Zanzibar409

Runta

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:54 am
LittleGreenGirl
walkertwo

how does it not fit men? I know a lot of men who sew their own garb. Besides, it has that great "I'd go naked if they'd still let me fight," option! mrgreen

I know my Lord sews his own things, and technically he is a better at it tham I am...  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:43 pm
*sighs* I still have no new garb and its looking promising that I will be able to go to an even at the end of this month. I NEED new garb none of my old garb matches my new persona.  

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Nerienda

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:12 am
Runta
LittleGreenGirl
walkertwo

I know my Lord sews his own things, and technically he is a better at it tham I am...

I've seen his work, Runta, and it's scary how good he is at constructing clothing... eek

On my worktable, in pieces at the moment, are a late 16th c German "loose gown" along with a simple early 16th c German gown for camp wear. Two weeks to get the campwear gown done... sweatdrop  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff