Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How many of your friends use good grammar online? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

limp dick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:43 pm
On other forums, almost all of them, actually.

There are a few on other forums that can't spell adequately or just don't know that much about grammar, but the majority of my friends do type properly.

On Gaia, however, only one or two people type properly.
The others are capable to type proficiently and correctly, but they feel it is more tedious to type out words.
That doesn't make sense to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:47 pm
I make sure all the friends I add know how to properly speak the English language.
Though I posted a warning in my profile that you "Must be at least 15 and know how to correctly use vowels and end sentences", I still receive friend requests that look like this:
"HEy! Cnwe be freinds?? ithink you cool verey. OKIE, PM me, okay??????"

Auuuugghhhh, my brain.  

xMarvelx

Varun_Pramanik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:47 am
Only one.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:04 pm
None of my friends are literate online.It really bothers me.People wonder how I can write a two page Essay in twenty minutes when half of them do not know that the vowels on their keyboards are not just for decoration.  

Hinata92193

Neurotic Valentine

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:15 pm
One on occasion but very rarely two of my friends are  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:14 pm
Let's see... zero!

It frustrates me to no end. I just can't understand what's stopping them; what is the difficulty in taking time to spell properly? You will get through discourse with the other person 10x faster and will be understood the very first time you say something. I am constantly having to type "Wait... what did you just say?!" to my friends on MSN. They end up having to re-type things again and again. So annoying. So time consuming!

I can't remember who in this thread said their friend did this, but some of my friends also fail to put spaces between their words when typing. Its not that hard to press the BIG, LONG space bar! stressed  

Cinnamon_Kitty

Baka Gothic Kitsune

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:32 pm
None. As a matter of fact, they are forever making fun of me because I use punctuation and capitalization. stare  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:10 am
Some of my friends are really literate but usually when they type they use "txt tlk". I'll Private Message them a paragraph typed with correct grammar and punctuation and they answer with a couple chatspeak words. It gets annoying at times.  

[.i_like_pi.]

Exidus3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:32 am
I believe I have only one friend who actually talks in a literate way...The rest speak in that terrible "txt" talk, so much that it mystifies me why they type in such a way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 am
I'm probably the most literate person I know on gaia. I put in all my grammer unless I'm tired, then I don't tend to notice. I'm not a very good at spelling long words. Some of them I know but only because I use them a lot.  

Layalas

FieryKnife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:20 am
None of my friends have perfect spelling, grammar, and punctuation, but on AIM, most minor mistakes don't bother me. There seems to be this unspoken line between us that is the difference between "I'm just trying to get my point across faster," and "I"m being a lazy brat."

A couple of my friends can't spell, but they're a minority, and I can't help but love them anyway. I don't have any friends who use "txt tlk."

This isn't really important, but I remember one of my friends introduced me to a crush of hers, and he wrote like a four-year-old. That one in particular seemed to just grind my nerves. I just wanted to tell her: "Hey, you're a writer, right? So...why do you like this guy again?!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:04 am
Well i guess some of them do, im not sure how many.

Impetuous  

baryll

-Evan Everwood-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:11 am
Come to think of it..
None of them.

Then again, none of them were never really the "smart" type..

dramallama  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:04 am
It's irritating how little people outside of this guild I know that are literate. I don't add them unless they are family or literate (with the exception of my girlfriend tho. She's practically both. =D) The only reason I go into Towns anymore is to see if I can spot a complete sentence come out of someone.  

GNPL

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200

SirCharles999

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:32 am
Umm Well I don't think I have any freinds who actually Spell out there words on Gaia but maybe 1  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff